PDA

View Full Version : Paying a ticket on time...

Flip
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Pretty simple question. I got a ticket in Gwinnett county. Its due on the 22nd. Can I mail it on the 21'st and make sure it's postd dated by/on the 22nd and be ok? Or does the payment actually have to show up to them before/on the date it's due? I've had a few people tell me that as long as it's post dated by the 22nd I'm ok.

ironchef
07-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Call the number for the magistrate court on the back of the ticket, and ask them.

Julio
07-20-2006, 04:45 PM
always a risk.

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-20-2006, 04:51 PM
i paid mines like 2-3 weeks before the date its due...dont wanna risk anythin

The Ninja
07-20-2006, 04:58 PM
as long as its postmarked before the 22nd

itsjustdee
07-20-2006, 05:06 PM
i paid my ticket late last month, nothing has happened to me yet even though i got pulled over again that same month. so i guess, as long as they have it, you're straight.

Flip
07-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Call the number for the magistrate court on the back of the ticket, and ask them.

Tried calling during the day, and it was busy every time, then tried later and they don't have ANY info on the phone when theyre closed. just says we're closed good bye pretty much hah.

I think i'm going to overnite it i guess unless I can get ahold of them in the morning and confirm that the postmark thing is ok. I don't want to risk it. I'll let you guys know what i find...

ShooterMcGavin
07-20-2006, 11:06 PM
if u get arrested and sentenced to death row can i have ur car? :D

Flip
07-21-2006, 12:56 AM

Yah, i guess :P but only if all of the other people that i've promised it to die at the same time too...

ShooterMcGavin
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
^^^shit...i'm gonna need a list :fire: :D

The Ninja
07-21-2006, 04:25 PM
bwuahaahahaha!

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-21-2006, 04:29 PM
you can't pay for that shit over the phone?

Flip
07-22-2006, 03:05 AM
you can't pay for that shit over the phone?

Nope.

Update: Called today and it turns out the cop couldn't write worth a shit. When he gave me the ticket, he told me my court date was July 22nd. Then when i called in they said it was July 22nd. Then today when i called they told me it had already passed and was June 22nd. WTF!?!?? Are they serious?

Now they tacked on another $50... Luckily they said they won't send out the warrent for arrest until the end of August... It would cost me near 20 in gas to get out there and a lot of my time so I just say screw it, I'll take that, consider it an extension and pay the ticket in a week or two...

Bastards...

Flip
07-22-2006, 03:07 AM
Also, tell me why they only play the info over the phone during their business hours? When i called at night to see if i could get some info it just said we are now closed, call back during business hours *click*

kittychick
07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I had the same thing happen to me, pretty much.
Doraville police- speeding ticket; court date when ever, actual date was different, so yeah, I was driving around for 2/3 weeks with a "warrent" for my arrest. B/c I neither showed up for court or paid my fine by the true date.

I went to the court house to reschedule the courtdate (I showed my copy of the ticket and they said- yeah, sorry the guy can't write legibly) and said to show up for the rescheduled date or just pay the fine straight out.

I showed up for court- asked to solicitor to knock it down, he did, zero points, 10mph slower, and reduced the fine by $100; and recommended I go to defensive driving ($75). (This class also reduces your insurance rate.)

Yeah- so in the end the system still got me. :( But I didn't go to jail or have any extra fines on my ticket!!!

The Golden Child
07-22-2006, 05:03 PM

den can i have urs ?? :D