PDA

View Full Version : Misc sleep walking

kelly marie
07-20-2006, 02:04 PM
so a co-worker and i were just having a conversation about sleep walking.. she is in her mid 30's and every once and awhile sleep walks.. like gets up out of the bed and roams the house.. she said it was worse when she was youger.. now she has two kids.. one is 7 and the other is 3.. the 7 year old has been doing it frequently.. the 3 year old has just shown signs of it.. her daycare teacher informed the mom (my co-worker) that she gets up in the middle of nap time and walks around.. with that glazed look on her face..

so my question is.. is sleep walking herititary? is there medication that can prevent this?

she said one time she had woken up standing at the front door.. unlocking it!!

i mean how far would it go? would she drive??

just interested in some knowledge from people who have this or anyone who has studied it! its very interesting!!

B16a2 Civic
07-20-2006, 02:08 PM
i used to sleep walk, when i was younger, my parents said as i got older, it started to get less frequent, then stopped

ahmonrah
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
i used to re-enact what i did during the day when i slept later on that night. that stopped years ago, when i stopped sleeping. :lmfao: but one thing that sticks with me now is that if anything you ask for when i'm sleeping, 9 times outta 10, you'll get it. and if you ask me a question, you'll get the truth. not that i lie in real life. but one time my girl asked me an embarassing question and i told her the truth about it. now she knows i like pretty feet.....hers are cute, but she always jokes about it now....:rant:

The Golden Child
07-21-2006, 11:21 AM
its ok bro i like feet also ..
this girl i knew back when i was like 14 had some fucked up feet ..
i called her tortoise toes ..

Wurm
07-21-2006, 11:39 AM
its ok bro i like feet also ..
this girl i knew back when i was like 14 had some fucked up feet ..
i called her tortoise toes ..

its gator toes bitch

The Golden Child
07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
http://gim.gupshup.org/gal/H/yumm4539_7650328.JPG

THATS ONE UGLY ASS FUCKING FEET !!!

green91
07-22-2006, 09:47 AM
time for an excorcism

Z32redondo
07-23-2006, 12:15 AM
so a co-worker and i were just having a conversation about sleep walking.. she is in her mid 30's and every once and awhile sleep walks.. like gets up out of the bed and roams the house.. she said it was worse when she was youger.. now she has two kids.. one is 7 and the other is 3.. the 7 year old has been doing it frequently.. the 3 year old has just shown signs of it.. her daycare teacher informed the mom (my co-worker) that she gets up in the middle of nap time and walks around.. with that glazed look on her face..

so my question is.. is sleep walking herititary? is there medication that can prevent this?

she said one time she had woken up standing at the front door.. unlocking it!!

i mean how far would it go? would she drive??

just interested in some knowledge from people who have this or anyone who has studied it! its very interesting!!

My parents told me that they caught me unlooking the door once. And im not sure but i think that I actually got outside and walked two houses down to my grandmothers then got a toy i liked from her garage (at this time no door) then went back home and went to sleep. Im not sure of it but I wasnt caught but i can remember it so vividly like i was half awake half asleep. Then some occurances where i would go to sleep with a shirt on then wakeup with one off and my door would be locked the whole time. Weird i know. But I guess it could go to driving i dont think anything past cranking up the car. But if it was a stick then it could get dangerous.

tatodotcom
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking

brads94accord
08-01-2006, 03:00 PM
A friend of mine in high school was telling me about his older brother who did it a lot and one morning they woke up and he was asleep in the middle of the backyard..apparently he had walked downstairs and out the back door.

My g/f told me a few weeks ago that i jumped up in the middle of the night and i was shouting WTF, WTF is going on and rumaging thru some stuff on my nigh stand. then i laid back back down. She told me in the morning and had no memory of doing that.

Julio
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
long time ago my younger brother woke up one evening... me and my rents were watching tv it was around 12am.. and watch him walk to the fridge and straight piss in it and then go back to bed.

!!fleecey!!
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
they did a special on that show 20/20 a while back on sleep walking. I don't think it is hereditary.. but you can do some crazy things. This one lady would eat all her food and wake up not knowing why her fridge was empty, and from personal experience my brother sleep walks and he has no clue why he does. He goes to the kitchen opens the fridge and moves stuff around, then he just stands there.. strange..