PDA

View Full Version : quick question about window regulator?

ruffriderGA
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
So my 97 civic window will go up, but then start going kind of away from the window track and fall off track or just overall not go smoothly.

I let the mechanic at my dads shop look at it and he ordered a window regulator and said that would fix it.

before he ordered the window regulator he jacked around with the window and the door panel off for a while putting washers and crap behind the track but just couldnt get it to work.

This is the driver's side window by the way. Anyway, what exactly is the window regulator? I was under the impression that the window regulator was the blue box thing?

the window is strong enough to go up it just comes off track and doesn't go up like it should (slides like a cm forward of the rear window track and doesnt always go into the top window track)

soo can someone who has had these problems before kind of fill me in on what exactly the window regulator is and if that will fix it ?

EP3sAreFun
07-19-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.discounthonparts.com/includes/images/Honda_parts/honda_window_reg..jpg

ruffriderGA
07-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks man thats what i needed to know :D

EP3sAreFun
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
welcome :)

ruffriderGA
07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
hopefully itll be fixed by this weekend so i can go to drive-thru's and not have to open my door to order :no:

3kgtdrvr
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
i hear u man. i blew the drivers side window regulator in my 96 coupe and they arent easy to find...well for a good deal at least