PDA

View Full Version : Anybody called Bellsouth DSL tech support lately?

nightracer
07-19-2006, 01:48 AM
If you called yesterday for basic dsl support or even home networking you probably got somebody who's first language wasn't English. I was thinking about getting BS DSL once they got the new 12.0mbs service but fuck that I'm not even fuckin with a company who has mostly foreigners for tech support. Most of them don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are rude. They only use them because they are cheap and, give good customer support according to company standards. Personally I am glad I am with comcast and will not switching back over.

LiL PaKi
07-19-2006, 01:53 AM
hahaha indian accent "hello my name is Bob how can I assist you" it's like no the fuck it's not.. haha

Hektik
07-19-2006, 01:58 AM
yea that shit pisses me off they give the jobs to people over sees who cant even speak english and then u spend all day trying to explain shit to them

quik way to loose customers

its like hiring a hispanic person to do tech support for a company in japan WTF

ahmonrah
07-19-2006, 03:02 AM
the reason it's like that is because BS outsourced their entire tech support department to a company in bangladesh.

RandomGuy
07-19-2006, 04:07 AM
bangladesh FTL

lol they always be sayin shit like "hey, i am Susan, can i help you"

(my web host)
"the CGI script which you say is not responding is a fault in coding, please contact the company whom it was acquired from"
"Bitch, i wrote that shit and its only like 5 lines long"
"There is a problem in the coding, we do not do coding, but i can transfer you to someone who can, but they charge 19.99 per minute"
"WTF, transfer it to your manager"
--- hold... american accent picks up
"dude, wtf is up with that bitch, fix my shit"
"oh , i see that theres a lock on your CGI-bin folder, let me just unlock that"
tadaa... worky worky

fag outsourcing pisses me off, especially when its my own brown ppl on the other line... i know all the games they play lol

civic95
07-19-2006, 06:46 AM
You wouldn't believe the crap I had to go thru with them. All I wanted to do was change the account from my gf's name to my name. Should be simple enough right? I could type a whole page, but I don't have time. Lets just say it took 4 weeks for them to get my DSL working again. :2up:

Mr_Mischif
07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
If you called yesterday for basic dsl support or even home networking you probably got somebody who's first language wasn't English. I was thinking about getting BS DSL once they got the new 12.0mbs service but fuck that I'm not even fuckin with a company who has mostly foreigners for tech support. Most of them don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are rude. They only use them because they are cheap and, give good customer support according to company standards. Personally I am glad I am with comcast and will not switching back over.

Speedfactory FTMFW!!! (www.speedfactory.net)

Deaf Pimp
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I bet Nemesis is on the line giggling like a school girl listening to you people.

The Golden Child
07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
word George wth is up with that shit ..

JennB
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I am SO glad I got rid of Bellsouth DSL. Horrible.

Citimortgage has now done this. (If you get a mortgage, I'm not going to suggest them, it's been painful. They bought out my previous lein holder, not my fault). And I was trying to make some changes to the loan a while back, refi and and all that, and this person about 7000 miles away with no knowledge of the American system of credit tells me that they can't make changes to my loan because I have 14 accounts that are 90 days past due... I literally said "WHAT? That's absolutely impossible". We went back and forth, made sure they had my name right, SSN, all that and I said hold on, which credit bureau?..... I was sitting in front of my computer and actually went to the site and pulled my report and said "What the hell are you talking about?!?!?! I'm literally looking at it right now. This is my house, my money, I would greatly appreciate some competancy". What.the.fuck.

Ok... so it saves us a few dollars, I don't give a shit. It's not worth the frustration.

I have no problem with people in other countries wanting good jobs but when it's causing countless mistakes and headaches, it's not worth it at all.

Jaimecbr900
07-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Yall have it easy.

I've had sooo many problems with my DSL at home with Bellsouth that I threatened them with disconnecting my 10 phone lines, DSL, and LD I have at my OFFICE with them too. :2up:

They are the worst to get thru the red tape of calling to India to get a local tech to come out and fix line problems. They automatically read a script off a screen that always ends up blaming YOUR router with the problem.

I'd gotten so pissed and dealt with issues so many times, I literally had their script written down. When I called, I'd piss them off by telling them to turn to page 2 and I'd recite what they were gonna tell me. Most of them initially are like HUH???? I did it to prove to them that I'd already tried disconnecting my damn modem off the wall and plugging in my laptop to determine what I already knew......THERE'S NO DAMN SIGNAL COMING INTO THE HOUSE BUTT WIPES!!!!!! It's so annoying to have to sit on a phone with some ying yang half way around the world that argues with you for an hour trying to blame a router rather than just looking at your 15 pg call history to see that the damn line is always the damn problem. Just freaking call a tech out.....THAT ALWAYS miraculously fixes the damn "modem" problems geniuses......funny how that works.

BTW, I finally got someone local on the line and fuzzed at them so hard that they gave me credit for the last 3 mos of service at the house. True, I made her go look at the notes from previous 50X's the DSL went down and it was obvious I'd been a wee bit inconvinienced too. That's the only reason I haven't disconnected with them yet.

BlkCD5
07-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Yea, they suck. One time i called them and the tech got irritated cus he I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying. :screwy:

David88vert
07-19-2006, 07:16 PM
BellSouth has a contract with Accenture to give them the IT and most of the support work. Accenture has been moving most of their contract work to India. Expect it to get worse.

HyPer50
07-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Outsourcing sucks balls... Sure it's ok for some jobs, but if I gotta speak to a mother fucker who I can't understand and who can't understand me, IT"S THE WRONG FUCKING JOB FOR THEM... Linksys and Microsoft have both done the same thing, and if I ever need tech support I do the online version now... Fuck calling those bitches.
CSR-"Last name?"
Me- "Culpepper"
CSR-"Spell for me"
Me-"C-u-l..."
CSR-"K-r what?"
Me-"C-U-L...."
CSR-"K-..."
Dialtone bitch-"*CLICK*"

Wurm
07-19-2006, 08:12 PM
lol i only call bellsouth tech to see if there is a outage other then that i can fix just about anything that is happening

2.0civic
07-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Outsourcing sucks balls... Sure it's ok for some jobs, but if I gotta speak to a mother fucker who I can't understand and who can't understand me, IT"S THE WRONG FUCKING JOB FOR THEM... Linksys and Microsoft have both done the same thing, and if I ever need tech support I do the online version now... Fuck calling those bitches.
CSR-"Last name?"
Me- "Culpepper"
CSR-"Spell for me"
Me-"C-u-l..."
CSR-"K-r what?"
Me-"C-U-L...."
CSR-"K-..."
Dialtone bitch-"*CLICK*"

yeah i called microsoft a few months ago to register my XP again and those fuckers were like "thank you for calling microsoft this is alice(maybe alex) how can i help you" i was like uh, whats your middle name??

Wurm
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
my middle name is fjldsjkfjklsdjfkljsdkfsdjfjsdfjlsdkjfkdsjklfjdsklf jsdaj43lknk5jyfvyhuidshgv78cx4387503475905!!!34893 2678