PDA

View Full Version : Misc Final Fu

TeeJay
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
i checked this show out for the first time last nite after Fast Inc, and who here agrees that this show is lame as fuckin hell??

D.Choe
07-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I duno, I caught it last night and I thought it was pretty cool.
Except the way they keep track of points is inaccurate.

Azn-Boost
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
it was alright... rather watch UFC than Final Fu

i4_garage
07-18-2006, 07:50 PM
when does it air?...i know its on MTV right?

TeeJay
07-18-2006, 11:31 PM
im not sure what the regular time is, i caught it last nite at 11 after Fast Inc.

SleepingTalon
07-19-2006, 03:46 AM
The show is fuckin' lame, and really, point scoring "fights" are lame as fuck too. All I saw was typical McDojo bullshit. Where was the MMA or BJJ reps? Nowhere to be found because BJJ doesn't hand out black belts to 8yr olds or any dumb shit like that, yet pretty much all the ones represented on that show do. I'd love to be that guy that shot in for a double, and just smashed one of them with elbows, or sub'd them, heh. I wonder if I'd get points for that!?! LOL.

Greddypacked
07-19-2006, 10:36 AM
The show is fuckin' lame, and really, point scoring "fights" are lame as fuck too. All I saw was typical McDojo bullshit. Where was the MMA or BJJ reps? Nowhere to be found because BJJ doesn't hand out black belts to 8yr olds or any dumb shit like that, yet pretty much all the ones represented on that show do. I'd love to be that guy that shot in for a double, and just smashed one of them with elbows, or sub'd them, heh. I wonder if I'd get points for that!?! LOL.

Dude this isnt a full contact competition genious. This competition is for control, scoring points, and technique. Dont worry im sure some of these 4th degree black belts can full contact on most anybody. This is not full contact though.

T.C.
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
This show is lame as hell.

Azn-Boost
07-20-2006, 02:13 PM
i think the show comes on at 11pm or 11:30pm

Reaper
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I thought it was interesting just b/c ive been in martial arts since I was 7. Unfortunately Ive fallen out of it...But, I agree that its kinda weak as to what they are doing, but at the same time its not all out fighting..But I would also watch UFC over it any day!

Greddypacked
07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
UFC is tight, but i like watching this show for technique and skill, not knockouts and blood.

Double1Trey6
07-21-2006, 03:35 PM
yes its fucken lame as fuck a disgrace to all kung fu

SleepingTalon
07-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Dude this isnt a full contact competition genious. This competition is for control, scoring points, and technique. Dont worry im sure some of these 4th degree black belts can full contact on most anybody. This is not full contact though.

You sound like you support the McDojo bullshit. 4th degree BB's? Gimme a fucking break. Do you actually think that any of that shit, other than the basic kicks, would actually work in real life? Most of the arts represented on that show just give "belts" out to anyone. Do you even train? Please reference bullshido's website and do some research before you start spouting off at the mouth. Better yet, go watch the early UFC's and tell me what you see. Most of those TMA's are represented, and they all get disected, one by one in an easy fashion.
One last thing, MMA or "UFC" as you like to call it, isn't just blood and all. There's more technique in that than almost anything else you'll watch. Try and get proficient at BJJ, while still training standup, like MT, boxing, etc. Breaking boards, is great, but boards don't evade attacks, and they sure as fuck don't hit back! That's the problem with many martial arts these days. How do you know anything is effective unless you can train at FULL speed? Simple, you don't! That's why BJJ & Judo are so effective. You can roll with people and tap them out with a much less chance of hurting someone. Training simulated and situational attacks does very little. I've really go no problem with the show, but they are pushing bullshit to all the mindless people who don't know any better, and convincing people that those techniques are effective, when very little of it is. Long are the days gone of TMA's. MMA is the future, and the well rounded fighter is the better fighter. Go start this thread on Sherdog and see what kind of response you get from people like myself, that actually train.

SleepingTalon
07-21-2006, 05:54 PM
UFC is tight, but i like watching this show for technique and skill, not knockouts and blood.

You're obviously an untrained observer if you think that MMA doesn't show skill. MMA is as real as it gets. No pads, no headgear, just whose the better prepared, more well rounded fighter. I do agree, that they are very agile, and some are athletic as hell, but it doesn't prove that it's an effective martial art. There are numerous video clips of TMA artists like the ones in that show, testing their skill against an MMA fighter, and the result is always the same. The big badass black belts get clowned hard! Remember, MMA takes the best, high percentage moves from many martial arts, and combines it all to make a well rounded, highly skilled, athlete. Fedor uses some TKD to help with kicking basics, but also uses Sambo. Matt Hughes is a highly decorated college wrestler, but is also considered a black belt in BJJ, and trains boxing, and MT for his standup game. UFC, Pride FC, KOTC, and MMA in general boast some of the BEST athletes in the world, and when you know what you're looking at, you can easily see the technique and skill is light years ahead of anything that those people on that show were doing.

i4_garage
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
that asian guy wit that hair comb to one side....he might win

Greddypacked
07-22-2006, 09:25 AM
You're obviously an untrained observer if you think that MMA doesn't show skill. MMA is as real as it gets. No pads, no headgear, just whose the better prepared, more well rounded fighter. I do agree, that they are very agile, and some are athletic as hell, but it doesn't prove that it's an effective martial art. There are numerous video clips of TMA artists like the ones in that show, testing their skill against an MMA fighter, and the result is always the same. The big badass black belts get clowned hard! Remember, MMA takes the best, high percentage moves from many martial arts, and combines it all to make a well rounded, highly skilled, athlete. Fedor uses some TKD to help with kicking basics, but also uses Sambo. Matt Hughes is a highly decorated college wrestler, but is also considered a black belt in BJJ, and trains boxing, and MT for his standup game. UFC, Pride FC, KOTC, and MMA in general boast some of the BEST athletes in the world, and when you know what you're looking at, you can easily see the technique and skill is light years ahead of anything that those people on that show were doing.

Lol, that's what i train under [UFC] which many fight clubs have training for which is-submission wrestling, boxing, brazilian jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai etc.. Im a big fan of MMA fighting over any fighting besides Capoida (spelling) brazilian kung fu. I just like watching all kinds of fighting regardless of full contact or what not. These people do full contact, but this is a training for techinque and strategy which pertains alot in MMA. I went for Matt Hughes in the Royce Gracie vs Hughes fight, cuz Hughes knows all forms of MMA's while Gracie is mostly take downs and submission while Matt can counter and attack most anything. Like i said MMA is my type of fighting, i just learn other basics of fighting and combine all which Bruce Lee did. He threw most of his fighting techniques into one and could fight any form of fighting, i forget the name of that which made him so good of a fighter pretty much. Thats what MMA is. I wasnt here to bash UFC or MMA, all i was saying was this is a show for technique, and you go bashing Tae Kwon Do and other forms of martial arts when this fighting style has been around for hundreds of years lol. MMA is pretty much formed from all kinds of fighting that's been around for centuries, it's just a well rounded fighting style. Go to China and fight there best fighters you will be down in seconds lol. Most of them fight one fighting style or two but know it to perfection and have a centered goal. Now if you been training MMA for over 5 years hardcore, i would think differently if it's not pro. Regardless man i was just stating a fact.

SleepingTalon
07-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I really don't see it as pertaining much to MMA when pretty much everything they were doing is very low %, while MMA is the exact opposite, but to each his/her own, it's all good. Also, Royce isn't very proficient at takedowns at all, infact, he's really got nothing but a BJJ game, which consists of him pulling gaurd, and working with no time limits. The reason Matt had it so easy with Royce is because Royce's only strength, isn't even that strong compared to other higher level BJJ guys. Matt's BJJ is about as good as Royce, and that was Gracies only shot at winning. Everyone assumes that because you have the last name Gracie, you're the best BJJ guy, when that's just not true at all. Royce was successfull early on because of the level of competition he was facing, that's all, but I respect him and his family for bringing BJJ to the top of martial arts. Also, in reference to Bruce Lee, his style "JKD" isn't really MMA, but it was the first to openly admitt that you need to be well rounded. Modern MMA takes it to a much more in depth level. On another note, I wasn't bashing TKD, as it's great for what it is, but to say it's an effective combative martial art, is bullshit. It does however have aspects, like the BASIC kicking techniques, that can be used, but so does half a dozen other "standup" TMA's. Oh, and I don't believe even a B or C level MMA fighter would get beat by China's "best" fighters, unless you're talking about China's BEST MMA fighters. No matter any way you look at it, if you train and focus on ONE particular area, you're not gonna be ready. This has been proven time and time again. However, I will say that places like China do have the PUREST forms of TMA's, and you don't get the watered down version, like you will in other places. On a final note, BJJ is a TMA, just like TKD, Kung Fu, etc. You go ahead and put a BJJ black belt, and put them up against a TKD, or Kung Fu black belt, and see what happens. There's massive amounts of footage showing the results, and BJJ is just a base for MMA! When you incorportate good striking like BJ Penn has, you have pound for pound the BEST fighter in the world, including TMA masters. BTW, where do you train at, and do you fight? Just curious...

wantboost
07-24-2006, 10:38 PM
watched it for the 1st time and all i can say is :thinking: wtf. it is a fucking joke
#1 a 4 foot tall women fighting a man is retarded. #2 not allowing strikes to the back, if your a 3rd bb you should know enough not to turn your back. i could go on but i would waste even more of my time. verdict: -1/5 much worse than pimp my ride (quite an accomplishment)

Bishop
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
show is retarded. Watched for a second while flipping through.

TeeJay
07-25-2006, 06:08 PM
watched it for the 1st time and all i can say is :thinking: wtf. it is a fucking joke
#1 a 4 foot tall women fighting a man is retarded. #2 not allowing strikes to the back, if your a 3rd bb you should know enough not to turn your back. i could go on but i would waste even more of my time. verdict: -1/5 much worse than pimp my ride (quite an accomplishment)
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

{X}Echo419
07-26-2006, 02:36 PM
show is retarded. Watched for a second while flipping through.

I agree.

"hey, lets boost these kids confidence so next time they get into it with someone they get their ass kicked." :yes:

DerrickT
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
i watched the whole episode for some reason and at the end i was like wtf... I just wasted 30 min of my life watching that crap.

the shit they put on TV these days.

JDMJAYDC2
08-09-2006, 07:17 AM
yeah ive been watching it also i mean its cool that you get to see some of the ppls mma that you may not know about but the two twins they had on there gimme a break they just plain sucked but some of the azn guys they have on there you can tell they have some skills but it seems like everyone is a 3rd or 4th degree black belt but they keep getting there ass handed to them while this show is a bit better than pimp my ride still gets a thumbs down from me but makes me want to get back into martial arts though just to go on that show and kick someones ass think i can get a 3rd degree black belt in 6 months like some of them lol

Reaper
08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
After watching a few episodes ive decided that yea its retarded and yea some of the things do take skill..BUT its definitly not the kind of defend your self/kick ass fighting that would make it a badass show...I haven trained for a while...but I wanna get back into it..Used to do Tae Kwon do...considering jumping into Jujitsu..

AnthonyF
08-10-2006, 01:53 PM
dumbass show...but I watched it anyways. The host is from Ninja Turtles...right? sweet. lol

SleepingTalon
08-10-2006, 09:44 PM
After watching a few episodes ive decided that yea its retarded and yea some of the things do take skill..BUT its definitly not the kind of defend your self/kick ass fighting that would make it a badass show...I haven trained for a while...but I wanna get back into it..Used to do Tae Kwon do...considering jumping into Jujitsu..

As I've said before, most of the things they're doing are very low %, meaning it's just not realistic. About as fancy as you'll ever see is a spinning back kick, but that's about it, and even that requires almost perfect timing and skill. I mean, the only person in recent memory I've seen pull it off in a REAL fight is Georges St Pierre in his first fight with Matt Hughes. TKD has basic kicks that do work though, so it's not useless, but most other TMA's have the same basic kicks, so it's a matter of preference. If you wanna become well rounded, BJJ or wrestling is probably the best base. Then you incorporate striking into your repetoir. It's pretty much the norm these days for a COMPLETE fighter to train in MT, BJJ, wrestling, and boxing. Judo is also very good, and it's a matter of preference as to what you want, as Judo concentrates on throws in most places, as opposed to submissions, but you do find some Judo schools that do the opposite. I personally started with 8yrs of wrestling, then went into Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, and boxing. Striking didn't come natural to me, but after hours of training a day, I've become much more proficient. MMA is really the best, and there are some very good places to train at in ATL. I train at Creighton MMA (www.paulcreighton.com), but Knuckle Up is also very good, as is Alliance, and the Hardcore Gym (although it's in Athens, GA). These gyms/schools, have pretty good roots in MMA, and cover all bases when it comes to becoming a better fighter.
As far as the show is concerned, I read a blog of one of the participants on his Myspace profile a few days ago, and he actually said that pretty much everything you see on that show is for balance, flexiblity, etc, and specifically said that if you wanna learn to fight, MT and BJJ is what he would do. He left this blog after many people had been leaving "hate" mail on myspace, and talking about "kicking his ass" and "setting up a fight" etc. Anyway, there's always something useful in a martial art, you just gotta weed through what works and what doesn't. The MMA you see currently in the UFC, Pride, KOTC, ROTR, etc, even in its current infancy, has already done a good job of that.

Reaper
08-13-2006, 12:01 PM
thanx man, im definitly looking to get back into the action!

JoeyKazez
08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
They don't even hit eachother. GAY.

ueyedgr8tness
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
i love tat sh**man oh u or talking about ufc right!anyways the show sucks but ufc is the real deal.i think final is for the ppl tat cant take pain.

rtpassini
08-19-2006, 05:14 PM
i dont like this show....not enough butt kickin

TeeJay
08-19-2006, 06:40 PM
i love tat sh**man oh u or talking about ufc right!anyways the show sucks but ufc is the real deal.i think final is for the ppl tat cant take pain.
do wat?? :thinking: