PDA

View Full Version : What is up with QT??

Deaf Pimp
07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
For the past few weeks, Premium gas at QT has been at least 10-20 cents more expensive than mid-grade. Every other gas station sticks to the 10 cents per grade. Premium gas shortage? Nah....

§treet_§peed
07-17-2006, 10:35 PM
you never know though..i knoe QT gas suxz, imo anyways..i always get shitty gas mileage when i use Qt gas. btw i use premuim..but i alwyas sorta figured the reason it was crappy is cause it's watered down or something. lol but idk...

Deaf Pimp
07-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Actually, there was a thing on the news awhile back where they compared the octanes from all gas stations. QT was right on the dot with their octane ratings while everyone else was off by a margin.

§treet_§peed
07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
for real?? then i wonder why i get way way better gas mileage when i use cheveron than all other and especially QT..what's up with that i wonder?

Deaf Pimp
07-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Placebo effect... I don't notice any difference in mileage when I use different gas stations.

PhAtBoYMr2
07-17-2006, 10:43 PM
QT < SHELL

§treet_§peed
07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Cheveron>all others, cept for racing gas:D, unless of course i go some where then add a gallon of denatured alcohol to the tank after filling it up, lol :D:Lmao:

5thgcelica
07-17-2006, 10:49 PM
it hasnt just been QT..ive seen other stations doing the same...cheveron...shell too.

gas prices jsut suck..straight up.

§treet_§peed
07-17-2006, 10:53 PM
:stupid:

PhAtBoYMr2
07-17-2006, 10:57 PM
shell has been proven to have the best gas around because of the additives they put in there. Shell v-power FTW

i guess it only really matters with turbo motors and longetivity and all that ish

§treet_§peed
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
ikd why i like cheveron so much. just always have.and whever i filled up there i always seemed to get better gas milleage than any other gas staion. idk, might just be me lol :D, ya never know now a days

ironchef
07-17-2006, 11:03 PM
it hasnt just been QT..ive seen other stations doing the same...cheveron...shell too.

gas prices jsut suck..straight up.Its like $8-10/gallon in england, compared to that we don't have it so bad.

scttydb411
07-18-2006, 12:11 AM
when i worked for enterpriese rent a car, qt was the only company i ever heard of actually getting a rental for customers if they got a bad tank of gas while the repair was being done...other fuel companies just told the cust to stick it.

i always try to use qt and never had an issue, bad gas, and the octane seems to be right on in terms of investigative reports as well as my turbo'd civic.

MrWang
07-18-2006, 02:34 AM
i make my own gas. alot chearper

HyPer50
07-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Yup.. it's BS. mid grade was like 3.10 yesterday and they had premium at 3.33... i was like fuck that heh. thought they "had" to stick to the .10 cent incriments. guess not.

Halfwit
07-18-2006, 07:09 AM
conspiracy from unknown beings

WERE THERE ANY CROP CIRCLES NEAR THE QT?

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2006, 07:32 AM
I've seen it happen at a lot of gas stations lately, not just QT.

I have to use premium and the prices just suck period.

Cheapest I've seen premium lately was 3.06 at the BP on Pleasant Hill, believe it or not. :screwy:

The Shell and Chevron on High Point and 78 in Snellville usually have the lowest around that area by far. They were at 3.07 yesterday or the day before for premium. Even Kroger (with the card) nor QT nor Speedway (all right down the street from each other on 78) can hang with them.

Deaf Pimp
07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
It's just BS. I don't mind paying for Premium and I have to, but what is constituting the 20 cents over the rest of the grades?

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2006, 08:46 AM
It's just BS. I don't mind paying for Premium and I have to, but what is constituting the 20 cents over the rest of the grades?

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
been wondering the same thing, although when i was down in savannah none of the gas stations there was pulling this bs. best luck i've had is at a BP off of roswell.

Hulud
07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
the only person we have to blame for high gas prices is...........

yousef........................................and maybe his brethren

collins
07-18-2006, 11:53 AM
:lmfao:

silver
07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Does higher octane gas have more crude oil than the lower octane gas? If so maybe if its higher in demand right now thats what is causing it to be an odd difference.. I think the contents of gas are percentages so maybe when the percentage changes from octane to octane thats where you get the odd differences?

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
yeah but if that were the case then why aren't all gas stations doin it?

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Actually, it's because of the higher octane rating. Higher octanes mean more additives needed which means more to make which means more to sell.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah but what do the additives have to do w/the actual crude oil? sounds to me like they're raising the price on apples because oranges are in short supply, get my drift?

Julio
07-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Prem is more expensive, higher octane rating/more additives. Most gas stations don't make money when they have prem 10 cents higher then the other grades..usually just making enough to cover taxes.
RT was the 1st one to push the 15 to 20 cents higher, now everyone has followed.
So blame racetrac hahaha

Julio
07-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Actually, it's because of the higher octane rating. Higher octanes mean more additives needed which means more to make which means more to sell.

what he said.

Ruiner
07-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Actually, there was a thing on the news awhile back where they compared the octanes from all gas stations. QT was right on the dot with their octane ratings while everyone else was off by a margin.

I have never had any problems running QT in my car...and my car relies HEAVILY on the octane rating of the gas that I put in.

drmcivicsi
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
shell v power fuck QT =)

GsrTurbo320
07-18-2006, 02:50 PM
hell nah, It's not JUST QT Bringing up the cost for super premium, ive seen alot of other stations doing the same game, so they make up the money they lost on sellin the regular unleaded, because they are all cutting the cost of the prices, because of RaceTrac Low Free gas give aways lol..

Julio
07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Even though I Work for Racetrac..

In my Audi I put SHELL V-power.. on my other car I put RT.

But I have never had any problems using Bp/QT etc.

I do stay Away from mom n pop joints

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM

GsrTurbo320
07-18-2006, 03:53 PM

:lmfao: ... man! you gotta support your neighborhood stores :bump:

5spdfrk
07-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I was also wandering this, so I sent an email to them. Hopefully I'll get a response back soon.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2006, 06:17 PM
:lmfao: ... man! you gotta support your neighborhood stores :bump:

i gotta support my wallet :goodjob:

GsrTurbo320
07-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I was also wandering this, so I sent an email to them. Hopefully I'll get a response back soon.

They won't respond back...
& if they do..I don't think they'll tell you tha truth behind it all.

green91
07-18-2006, 06:39 PM

I only use local mom & pop joints, i stay away from the big stations round here

5spdfrk
07-18-2006, 08:17 PM
They won't respond back...
& if they do..I don't think they'll tell you tha truth behind it all.
Yeh, they never tell the truth, but I figure if enough people complain maybe something will change.

ahabion
07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
well i pretty much stop at qt since that's all there really is 'round here.

5spdfrk
07-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, here is the response I got. Pretty much what everyone else has said, and that they can in no way talk about how they price their gas. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I am very sorry you are disappointed in our current gas prices. We are
traditionally a low-price, high volume gasoline retailer. We strive everyday to
provide our customers with a quality fuel product at a fair price as well as
clean stores run by the most professional, well-trained employees anywhere. The
retail price of gasoline is substantially dictated by the wholesale cost of
fuel, and while we understand your interest, the highly competitive nature of
the gasoline market means that we can not discuss how we price our fuel in any
given market. However, the situation with premium fuel is slightly different.
Traditionally, most retailers have used a 10 cent spread between grades for
convience. Due to changes in the current market, premium fuel is now costing
significantly more than it has it the past. In order to avoid selling under
cost, we have had to modify the price we are charging for premium.

I hope you will continue to shop our stores and receive the quality customer
service and products you have come to expect from QuikTrip. I appreciate your
interest in QuikTrip, and hope that I have answered your question.

green91
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
My family owns a gas station and gas isnt a profit maker, it brings ppl in for other customers. we have always priced competitively with other stations and there is very little profit involed.. midgrade prices confuse me because its a mixture at the pump of 87 and 91 octane. the major oil companies charging $60/barrel for crude are who you should be questioning regarding cost.

HiPSI
07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I have never had any problems running QT in my car...and my car relies HEAVILY on the octane rating of the gas that I put in.

same here. i nearly always run QT 93 in the car and beat the piss out of it. never have troubles with their fuel at all.

The Ninja
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
i like QT cuz of their bomb ass quik-e-mart...damn...their donuts are better than krispy kreme and then they got those 4 gallon slushies for like 30 cents...

GsrTurbo320
07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
RACE TRAC FTL!

The Ninja
07-19-2006, 10:11 PM
i'm back,.....race track is cheap shit....i'm a cheap mutha***** so i buy the cheapest gas possible...and still get great miles to the gallon and enough performance to get me from point a to point b pretty quick...i put 45 octane in my car..>.>

ShooterMcGavin
07-19-2006, 11:53 PM
My family owns a gas station and gas isnt a profit maker, it brings ppl in for other customers. we have always priced competitively with other stations and there is very little profit involed.. midgrade prices confuse me because its a mixture at the pump of 87 and 91 octane. the major oil companies charging $60/barrel for crude are who you should be questioning regarding cost.

mom and pop shops maybe but like the email said, big franchises like qt is also a VOLUME seller of gas, so even if it's fractions of pennies it makes a difference in the big picture and in the long run.

speedminded
07-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Does higher octane gas have more crude oil than the lower octane gas? If so maybe if its higher in demand right now thats what is causing it to be an odd difference.. I think the contents of gas are percentages so maybe when the percentage changes from octane to octane thats where you get the odd differences?It's all the same fuel, all the companies use the same raw gasoline out of the same pipe. There is no such thing as regular, mid, or premium when it comes in...then each company mixes in their own additives.

It's bullshit what is being done with the premium fuel, it takes the same amount of additives to go from regular to mid as it does from mid to premium...so why is the price differance double? (0.20+ cents higher from mid to premium vs. 0.10 for regular to mid) It's the same as Diesel, people that need it must have it...they don't have a choice so fuel distributors know they can charge whatever they want. If diesel was twice as much as gasoline it would still be bought....this country survives on truckers and their is no alternative. Not to stray off the topic of premium gas but any idea how much less refining is required to produce diesel fuel??? There is absolutely no reason why it's not half the price. period.

scttydb411
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
i asked one of the employees at qt and she said she didn't like it, but it was to help subsidize keeping the cost of low and mid grade pricing. screw that, let them pay a little more and subsidize the cost of high grade...more people use low and mid anyway.

i drove through their lot and straight to the bp where premium was cheaper and only .10 more than mid. after 8 years of exclusively using qt i'm now boycotting them...good thing i've stopped drinking soda. the .59 32oz would be hard to resist.

speedminded
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
i asked one of the employees at qt and she said she didn't like it, but it was to help subsidize keeping the cost of low and mid grade pricing. screw that, let them pay a little more and subsidize the cost of high grade...more people use low and mid anyway.

i drove through their lot and straight to the bp where premium was cheaper and only .10 more than mid. after 8 years of exclusively using qt i'm now boycotting them...good thing i've stopped drinking soda. the .59 32oz would be hard to resist.The BP's and Shell's i've seen are the same way...0.20 cents more for premium. :dunno: