PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ZC swap=no spark??

SLOWR/T
05-14-2005, 05:49 PM
we have swapped a ZC (SOHC) into a 99 civic ex. the motor turns but wont spark?? we have a clear dist. so you can see the rotor button and its not sparking as it passes the hit point on the dist. :confused: . were going to try to charge the battery more (it was real weak) and try again later. any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

THEONE
05-14-2005, 05:58 PM
you put a sohc cam zc in a 99 ex? let me know how it turns out ive never heard of anyone doing this.

Negrodamus
05-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Dumbest thing i have ever heard of :cool:

SLOWR/T
05-15-2005, 12:33 AM
i asked for help not for what you think of it

Mr_S13®
05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
What year is the engine your installing. Also what year distributor and injectors? You need to make sure everything is obd-2 if your running an obd-2 ecu. And also if it is a jdm motor you will need to swap over a lot of pieces from a usdm motor to get rid of your cel to pass emissions. Unless your running a jdm ecu. So many variables, the only thing I can tell you without knowing more is check your ecu, coil, and rotor.b

Mr_S13®
05-15-2005, 09:53 AM
oh, and btw. I have nothing bad to say about the swap if its the one in the pics... on of the cleanest sohc's I have ever seen!!! :goodjob:

SLOWR/T
05-15-2005, 02:45 PM
the ZC is a 92-95 SiR motor in japan (OBD1). the injectors that came on the motor were busted and cracked so we used the D16 injectors. with the distributor now this was the fun part (and were we must have messed up). the stock ZC dist. had two plugs coming out of it where the D16 only had one. so we swapped the guts from the D16 to the ZC dist. case so it would plug into the wiring harness. the reason for swapping just the guts is cause the D16 and the ZC have different mounting points for the dist. and they wouldnt match up anyway you turned it so.....

we tried to hook up his stock ecu (obd2) to see if that did anything but it was the same. we have an obd1 (93 usdm si) with a stock map and a blank s100 (theres a switch to go between the two). also we have a Vtec controller pre wired into the obd2 to obd1 harness, but the vtec controller isnt coming on. is it only suppose to be on with the engine running or should it come on with just the key on?

oh and eglover this is the same car in the pics, thanks :)

Saung
05-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey, I had the same problem w/ my '90 Accord, no spark from the distributor. It was a bad coil/ignitor, the big black piece inside the distributor. Two screws hold it to the distributor and connected to two wires w/ small screws. Hope this help.