PDA

View Full Version : new G35 owner

tony
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I've been lurking the boards for a little while to keep up with everything that is going on. I stay in the Douglasville area and I have an 03 G35 Coupe. The car is in the shop right now getting twin turbo's installed but I will be at HIN. I've met a few people from these boards but I'm always interested in meeting other enthusiasts so if you see me around don't hesitate to speak. :cheers:

http://img139.echo.cx/img139/6871/dsc001167nh9dm.jpg

BTW I'm looking to buy a decent daily drive so if anyone has a 240SX for sale or something similar please let me know..thanks!

rollininstyle2004
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Car looks amazing :goodjob:
Do you have a mod list, im sure there is a lot of stuff youve done that cant be seen in that pic.

Leisa
05-14-2005, 03:29 PM
thats one of the nicest G 35's I have seen... looks great!

Brett
05-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Very nice, Very clean and done right

Brandon C
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Thats a Awsome Car

mp5o
05-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Nice car man... Are your tails smoked?

tony
05-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Nice car man... Are your tails smoked?

Thanks for the compliments, yes the tail lights are smoked as well.

As for a mod list:

Passport 8500
Nismo Exhaust
Gutted Cats
Pop Charger
Z Tube
Grounding Kit
Nismo Bumper
Extreme Dimensions Sideskirts
Gialla Grill
Tail Light Overlays
32% Tint
Volk SF Winnings
RPS Clutch/Flywheel
Eibach Springs
13.9 @ 102.4
Pending APS TT install
Z1 Motorsports Water Injection kit
Hotchkis sways

And I'm sure theres some other things I'm forgetting. :)

Cliff
05-14-2005, 04:52 PM
very nice and welcome even though you've been lurkin for what 2 or 3 weeks

JITB
05-14-2005, 06:38 PM
I think i met u in stockbridge? One sunday night..I think

welcome

drupason
05-14-2005, 06:45 PM
welcome to ia man! very nice car!

mp5o
05-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the compliments, yes the tail lights are smoked as well.

As for a mod list:

Passport 8500
Nismo Exhaust
Gutted Cats
Pop Charger
Z Tube
Grounding Kit
Nismo Bumper
Extreme Dimensions Sideskirts
Gialla Grill
Tail Light Overlays
32% Tint
Volk SF Winnings
RPS Clutch/Flywheel
Eibach Springs
13.9 @ 102.4
Pending APS TT install
Z1 Motorsports Water Injection kit
Hotchkis sways

And I'm sure theres some other things I'm forgetting. :)

Oh shit!! Hey man.... Were you in the gwinnett area a few days/a week ago?? There was a g35 just like yours that was rollin next to me.... fuckin around with me.

tony
05-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Nah that wasn't me unless the dealership was doing something I didn't know.. hmmmmm....

My engine blew at the beginning of april and it sat at Infiniti of Gwinnett until I picked it up last thursday. Supposedly they didn't get the engine in till last monday, so I certainly hope it wasn't my car because if it was, it wasn't me. There is a supercharged black G rolling around that looks similar to my car though, I hear he puts down over 400hp at the wheels.

JITB:

I haven't been to stockbridge yet but I've heard about it, I just don't know where everyone hangs out at down there. Most of my weekends are spent looking for spots to hang out or being shuffled around by the police at barrett.

Cliff
05-14-2005, 10:30 PM
there's a chick that drives a black g35 with black wheels and a cf hood up in the pleasantdale area....

mp5o
05-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Oh ok... Well I dunno. It was a black g35 w/black wheels and polished lip.. Smoked tails.. Tinted windows.. looked EXACTLY like that one..... What a coinencidence(SP?) huh?

JITB
05-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Nah that wasn't me unless the dealership was doing something I didn't know.. hmmmmm....

My engine blew at the beginning of april and it sat at Infiniti of Gwinnett until I picked it up last thursday. Supposedly they didn't get the engine in till last monday, so I certainly hope it wasn't my car because if it was, it wasn't me. There is a supercharged black G rolling around that looks similar to my car though, I hear he puts down over 400hp at the wheels.

JITB:

I haven't been to stockbridge yet but I've heard about it, I just don't know where everyone hangs out at down there. Most of my weekends are spent looking for spots to hang out or being shuffled around by the police at barrett.

or was it riverdale? in the publix parking lot? if it wasnt you than there is about 3 g's that look exactly like yours.

IndianStig
05-15-2005, 10:22 AM
NICE ride. Do u have skyline badges on the trunk?

tony
05-15-2005, 10:44 AM
or was it riverdale? in the publix parking lot? if it wasnt you than there is about 3 g's that look exactly like yours.

It was probably in the riverdale area, I remember seeing your protege there a few times. I always wonder what exactly you have done to your car? The night I was in the publix parking lot I rev'd up once and then people kept asking me to rev again and again, I had an extremely lightweight clutch and flywheel that made my car rev like a motorcycle. It was too hard to drive though so I had to get rid of it.

Oh ok... Well I dunno. It was a black g35 w/black wheels and polished lip.. Smoked tails.. Tinted windows.. looked EXACTLY like that one..... What a coinencidence(SP?) huh?

How dark was the tint? I have 32% and its barely noticeable unless its at night. Either way black on black is so popular now, I've pulled up on at least 3 or 4 G's that look like mine.

Me personally, the only time I'll mess with someone is on the interstate and it has to be wide open, I can't see trying to race on a regular street.

there's a chick that drives a black g35 with black wheels and a cf hood up in the pleasantdale area....

Is it this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Roller_G/lip5.jpg

If so I know her husband, I had no plans on modifying my car till I saw theirs and a couple of other ones.

NICE ride. Do u have skyline badges on the trunk?

Thanks, yeah there are skyline badges on the trunk. Some people ask why but I guess its just something else to be different.

HalfBaked
05-15-2005, 10:47 AM
You should get a se-r as a daily. ;)

I can't wait to see the car with the twin turbos.

tony
05-15-2005, 11:07 AM
You should get a se-r as a daily. ;)

I can't wait to see the car with the twin turbos.

After seeing yours I'll be liable to put a turbo on that too, how long did the whole process take?

IndianStig
05-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Cool, it is a skyline anyways, apart from the 7 speed SMG option that we dont get.
I think you should get a Used 328iS for a daily driver, they are wicked fun.

speedminded
05-15-2005, 01:40 PM
that hamburger emblem looks hot on the front...so Russel's working on G35's now too?

HalfBaked
05-15-2005, 02:07 PM
After seeing yours I'll be liable to put a turbo on that too, how long did the whole process take?

We could have swapped the motor in a weekend if we had everything we needed.

But there were a few parts I had to wait to get.

It really was very easy. We didn't have to do any wiring, because it was already done, but I hear its awfully easy.

mp5o
05-15-2005, 04:14 PM
The windows were definatly darker than 32%... Mine are 20% and it looked either similar or darker than mine.

Roller_G
05-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Is it this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Roller_G/lip5.jpg

If so I know her husband, I had no plans on modifying my car till I saw theirs and a couple of other ones.

Tony, Tony, Tony.... Man don't give me that comment. Your car is nice! Esp. that kit(kits) you got...damn....put my car to shame.

Shawna
05-15-2005, 04:58 PM
DAMN is all i have to say!!!!

welcome to the site! :D

JINX
05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Have you been up to the GA Z club meatings yet?
If not, First Tue of every month. Hooters
85 North Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Left turn (north west) less then a mile on the right.

kutepunkprincess
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM
wow.. i really like you car :)

JagerGirl
06-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Nice Car. I loved the picture. I have a 2004 Mustang.

99ITRGIRL
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
hello, nice car

tony
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
that hamburger emblem looks hot on the front...so Russel's working on G35's now too?

Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread. Apparently Russell is leaning toward the G35's and 350Z's just as much as the 300Z's, you'll see 350Z's at the shop on a regular basis now.

Have you been up to the GA Z club meatings yet?
If not, First Tue of every month. Hooters
85 North Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Left turn (north west) less then a mile on the right.

I haven't been but I'll try and make it out next time, I heard they are having a meet at Stone Mountain this month? Mike with the Stillen supercharger powdercoated my brembo brakes.

Nice Car. I loved the picture. I have a 2004 Mustang.
Thanks! Do you have any pictures of your mustang? Any plans on modifying? I can honestly say if I didnt buy my G35 a year ago I would get me an 05 Mustang without hesitation, especially one of those Roush Mustangs.

Thanks for the compliments, I finally got my car back yesterday and its making around 400whp so I cant complain too much except for all of this damn rain.