PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

DavidTB8889
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
I just bought a stock R1 from cali, it is COMPLETELY stock i have about 2k to spend right now what should i start w/?

David88vert
07-17-2006, 06:27 AM
1) MSF course
2) Tires
3) Trackday
4) Trackday
5) Trackday
6) Trackday

What are you trying to accomplish? (i.e. - faster riding, racing, show, etc)

DavidTB8889
07-17-2006, 07:27 AM
i dont wont show cause i already have rims and a set of xtra tires but i was thinking exhaust,turbo timer,bov,maybe a front mount, boost controller, basically performance... i need sugestions on what brands and what to put a good FD together for about 2k

kfzemx3
07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Bnr Supercars turbo upgrade would run you about 2k

http://www.bnrturbos.com/3rdGen.htm

Doppelgänger
07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
bigger radiator, FCD (fuel cut defender), better intercooler. Focus in reliability parts first...trust me. Eliminate as much heat from the engine bay as possable. A single turbo upgrade is the next best thing... 1) it gets rid of the rats nest of vaccum lines. 2)underhood temps drop significantly.

Once you make the car reliable, drive it mostly stock..maybe exhaust and some tuning... then start going big.

man
07-17-2006, 06:02 PM
+1 one everything Mike said

David88vert
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
ONLY do reliability mods. Spend the rest of the time doing research. Start with Rob Robinette's site.

Russ
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
lol yah u might wanna listen to them..........i blew my motor playing the "how long can i run like this" game. ^_^

man
07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
lol yah u might wanna listen to them..........i blew my motor playing the "how long can i run like this" game. ^_^

Hey man, what are you runnin on your car right now?

DavidTB8889
07-19-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah, im buying a bigger radiator,turbo timer,better intercooler,exhaust, bov,and in a month or two im gonna convert to single turbo

Five*Star*
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Wait on doing the intercooler until you get the Single turbo kit. You may have to get new charge pipes once you get the single on there. There are too many other things that would be much smarter to get first.

I would do ALL the maintenance on the car first, along with new vaccume lines, new Fuel Pulsation Damper, fuel filter, downpipe, cat-back, and aluminum air separation tank. Check all your coolant hoses and the fuel lines also.... replace all those if you have the cash to do it now, or if they look original/old. EDIT: also get some NGK wires or accel/MSD for the ignition. Old arching ign. wires can cause other ignition items to go bad prematurely, and ignition modules are not cheap on these cars (like most OEM FD parts hehe).

If you need any work done, I love fixing these cars......

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/