PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEED TO KNOW TEG SWAP INFO

hotrodb16
07-16-2006, 10:59 PM
a friend of mine hase a 87 integra he is going to give me cause he broke the timing belt on it. dose any body know what i need to get to do a b16a sirII full swap like motor mounts, shift linkage, axles, and clearence issues. will it work and how easy.

MDPsJcars
07-17-2006, 12:52 PM
To my knowledge, that wont be an easy swap. You should probably contact Hasport and see if they make mounts for a b series swap into the 1st gen integra. That would be my first step. Also, I seriously doubt that the ecu will just plug in. I wish i knew more about it, but all i can tell you is that it will involve some custom work.

TommyD1919
07-18-2006, 08:25 AM
It can be done BUT even though the car is free the money and time its going to take it would be worth it to me to just pull the head on the car have a valve job done, put a timing belt on it and sell it.. Take that money and buy something alittle newer and start there... I've bought 90 body style integras (needing work) for $500.00.. So to recap fix the free car, sell it, buy a newer body style integra and start there.. Or if you just love the 87 or the idea of it call hasport they make a kit for the 1st gen CRX and integras to do a B series swap...

speedminded
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
It can be done BUT even though the car is free the money and time its going to take it would be worth it to me to just pull the head on the car have a valve job done, put a timing belt on it and sell it.. Take that money and buy something alittle newer and start there... I've bought 90 body style integras (needing work) for $500.00.. So to recap fix the free car, sell it, buy a newer body style integra and start there.. Or if you just love the 87 or the idea of it call hasport they make a kit for the 1st gen CRX and integras to do a B series swap...Will be like $600 for the mounts :tongue: Just throw a ZC in it ;)

hotrodb16
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
would the mounts. axles, shift linkage that come with a zc swap from hmotors online work

speedminded
07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
DOHC ZC right? I've only seen it swapped in a couple CRX's but i'm pretty sure it's identical to the D16a8 or whatever is is in the 1st gen integra.

Info i just found (applies to CRX mostly but still valuable info)....

1st gen DOHC ZC - brown valve cover - came in 86-87 JDM Integra - will bolt directly into 1st gen CRX Si and 3rd gen Civic Si - will not bolt directly into 2nd gen CRX or 4th gen Civic.

2nd gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in 88-89 JDM Integra - will bolt directly into 1st gen CRX and 3rd gen Civic, same as brown valve cover, however, it uses electronic advance distributor like 88-89 USDM Integra D16A1 - 1st gen CRX Si and 3rd gen Civic Si have vacuum advance distributor, so, to use it on 1g CRX or 3g Civic, you will have to do a lot of wiring changes.

3rd gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in 88-91 JDM CRX Si and Civic Si - bolts directly into 2nd gen CRX and 4th gen Civic.

4th gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in several different models of JDM cars 92 & up - is OBD1 - has Cylinder Position Sensor inside the distributor and will bolt directly into 92-00 Civics

hotrodb16
07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
thanks for all int info where did u find all that info all that is good to know stuff