PDA

View Full Version : Misc RockClimbers?

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
05-14-2005, 11:19 AM
anyone in here into rock climbinb?

i just got back from a trip to sandrock ala. alot of climbing routes, trad route and sport. climbed a 5.8 few 5.9, 5.10c, 5.10a, and 5.6 trad route. very fun trip we also went to little river canyon

accordon17s
05-16-2005, 09:46 AM
I used to go rockclimbing every summer. I would love to find a group of people and suit up and ride out.

HiPSI
05-16-2005, 04:28 PM
i used to be hardcore into it but haven't had a ton of time to do it and all my climbing buddies moved away :(. i used to make almost monthly trips to both sandrock and foster falls. if you haven't been to foster i highly recommend it.

speedminded
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
when i lived/worked in dahlonega my lunch several days a week consisted of a quick mtn. run up 60 to the lil cliff for a sandwich at the top and about a dozen jumps then a quick drive back down to town [since some crazy asian dude taught me how to do a single leap australian off it i haven't gone down backwards since (i had lots of burned shirts & pants and one of my 8's is all disfigured and colored like a well used stainless header)]. We need to go up there and make some video's, climbings ok there but there is another great place above the ranger camp that you can camp at too...or go up to Yonah if you can still get in there.

I have everything together for a camping trip, we should arrange something...anyone have the balls for Tallulah Gorge? Camping trip over at Sand Rock would be sweeet too.

HiPSI
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
foster > sandrock IMO, but it is a little bit further from Atlanta. i just don't like camping at sandrock because of all the drunken gun wielding rednecks that come up there at night.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
05-18-2005, 12:55 AM
sandrock wasnt to bad when i went. they are about to shot a movie this june for matthew mcconaughey a guy they i meet there is his stunt double he is a pretty good climber.

i heard alot about foster falls and heard they have some wicked ratings for the routes. im not all that good yet. just started few months ago. i am really strong for my size so i get up pretty easy. just working on technique, but ya its alot scarry climbing out then indoors. i usually dyno alot of things indoors because i cant reach the hold but outside when your up 40-60ft its kinds scarry.

efman
05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
i've been to sand stone once and i loved it, eating lunch up on prayers rock i think it was called was pretty sweet .