PDA

View Full Version : Misc Euro Trip

tatodotcom
07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
hi, well next summer im planning on going on a euro trip for my senior trip. Im going with a couple of buddies and didnt know if anyone has ever done ne thing similar? I want to go for about 2 weeks and travel to the most popular european cities....does anyone know a travel agency that has a euro trip plan already set up? any knowledge or advice about ne thing would be greatly appreciated. I love to travel and cant wait for this experience!
thanks!

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM
what about that shit thats always on the realworld?

STA Travel?

I've always wanted to backpack.. or go to Amsterdam, for other "notable" reasons

tatodotcom
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
lol yea i heard amsterdam is crazy haha, i checked out sta travel and they dont have any "set" schedule for a eurotrip, at least that i could find....didnt know if anyone else has done something similar or knew ne information about it, thanks guys!

SampaGuy
07-15-2006, 11:16 PM
i went to germany for a month when i was 16. its was freakin awesome, i went to bars, clubs, etc. (was the first time i got drunk lol), and even if u stay sober the whole time its still a great place. how many cities do u want to see? 2 weeks is not a lot of time.

Dragonfly5338
07-16-2006, 01:56 AM
hi, well next summer im planning on going on a euro trip for my senior trip. Im going with a couple of buddies and didnt know if anyone has ever done ne thing similar? I want to go for about 2 weeks and travel to the most popular european cities....does anyone know a travel agency that has a euro trip plan already set up? any knowledge or advice about ne thing would be greatly appreciated. I love to travel and cant wait for this experience!
thanks!

Save up some money
Buy a plane ticket
Get a Eurorail Pass for however long you'll be there.
Get a Youth Hostel pass
Hang out, jump on train to next city.

That's what we did and had a fucking bangin time. The cheapest way is to stay in the youth hostels which offer like a bunk-bed type sleeping arrangement. You can get away with less than 30 euros or so a night. The Eurorail pass is kinda pricy, but WELL worth it because you can travel on all of Europe's trains for free, except the TGVs which have a surcharge on them.

tatodotcom
07-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Save up some money
Buy a plane ticket
Get a Youth Hostel pass

That's what we did and had a fucking bangin time. The cheapest way is to stay in the youth hostels which offer like a bunk-bed type sleeping arrangement. You can get away with less than 30 euros or so a night. The Eurorail pass is kinda pricy, but WELL worth it because you can travel on all of Europe's trains for free, except the TGVs which have a surcharge on them.

haha this is what ive heard is the best thing to do, like plan out the major cities u wanna go to and just kinda play it by ear on the hostels and stuff....how much total did ur whole trip cost? 3g? just curious if u dont mind me asking this is about how much im guessing but im not totally sure

SampaGuy
07-16-2006, 11:43 PM
i would take at least $100 per day. doesnt mean ur going to spend it all, but its better to be safe. being broke in a foreign country sucks ass.

Dragonfly5338
07-17-2006, 01:18 AM
haha this is what ive heard is the best thing to do, like plan out the major cities u wanna go to and just kinda play it by ear on the hostels and stuff....how much total did ur whole trip cost? 3g? just curious if u dont mind me asking this is about how much im guessing but im not totally sure

I spent about 2500 dollars for 3 weeks. But you could easily get by with less, we just shopped a lot.

Another piece of advice - look for deals on places you really want to go, most of the time you can find discount tickets for students, cheaper prices if you go during the week vs. weekends, etc for museums, attractions, tours and whatever.

4dmin
07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Save up some money
Buy a plane ticket
Get a Youth Hostel pass

where all did you go when you went?

tatodotcom
07-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I spent about 2500 dollars for 3 weeks. But you could easily get by with less, we just shopped a lot.

Another piece of advice - look for deals on places you really want to go, most of the time you can find discount tickets for students, cheaper prices if you go during the week vs. weekends, etc for museums, attractions, tours and whatever.

hey thanks for the advice....I think we are going to sit down sometime next week and just plan everything out...How soon do u recommend getting tickets? I think we may start out in england but im not sure....thanks again

static
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, I have always wanted to go to Amsterdam, for reason other then my family just living there. Gotta love the legal smoking over there, good stuff. I would stop by there if I were you, then go to Germany, hell ya.

Dragonfly5338
07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
where all did you go when you went?

We flew into Germany (my friend lives in the south of Germany), stayed with her folks for a few days, hitched a charter bus to Paris, from there we toured around France for a bit. Took the train up to England, went to London, Bath and a couple places around there, back to Germany, hung out in her town for a while, went to Munich, Berlin, toured a bunch of places, went WAY up north for a huge skateboarding thing and ended up sleeping in a gymnasium because all the hotels were full.

When I went to school in France we had weekends to travel, so we went to Spain, Normandy, Belgium, Amsterdam, Germany, England, and the French Riverera. That shit was crazy, hahaa. A girl went to Italy which is like 20+ hours by train, hooked up with some guy who stole her passport so she got stuck there cause they wouldn't let her back on the train.

Hahhaa my next goal is to make it over to World Cup of 2010 in South Africa. :yes:

Dragonfly5338
07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
hey thanks for the advice....I think we are going to sit down sometime next week and just plan everything out...How soon do u recommend getting tickets? I think we may start out in england but im not sure....thanks again

Plane tickets book as soon as you can. Euro rail tickets can be bought a week or so in advance. Your hostel pass you wanna get a bit early too, just so you have it and can make reservations with that # to get a discount. Be sure your passport is up to date and everything too, because it usually takes 3 months to get one, unless you want to spend 200 bucks and get it expidited, which still takes three weeks.

tatodotcom
07-17-2006, 03:05 PM
+1 thanks for everything...we are meeting up next week to start planning, i hope everything works out and i have the time of my life. Ive heard MANY good things about visiting over there :)

tatodotcom
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
+1 thanks for everything...we are meeting up next week to start planning, i hope everything works out and i have the time of my life. Ive heard MANY good things about visiting over there :)..i speak spanish, and german so i hope that knowing those languages will come in handy and ill get to put my german into use for once! lol
later

toph
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah...just wanted to add that the eurail pass is the way to go

hostels are tons of fun...and amsterdam was a blast.

you can spend a shit ton of money or not much at all...depends on what you do and where you eat. i spent around 1200 us dollars in the 3.5 weeks i was there...plus plane tickets, prepaid shit (down payments on hostels, museum tickets), eurail pass. one of the people on our trip spent almost triple that...he bought a lot of crap and bought a ton of food and never finished it all.

if you travel to italy...make sure to make a trip to maranello to see the ferrari museum...it was awesome and well worth the trip. if you go to munich...take the time to visit the beer gardens and if you're a good swimmer go down the munich river...pretty intense.

Njobe
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
man Europe is the place to go, go there every summer and the thing that you want the most is to save up MONEY lol you will have a fun time if you have money