PDA

View Full Version : KA's are gay

TheSnail
07-15-2006, 03:07 PM
To add to the list. And the mostest of the most gay...

Ladies and gentlman... the KA

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/engine20coming20outcopy.jpg

BTLFED
07-15-2006, 03:51 PM
KA powered 240sx's.....because secretaries need transportation too.

skillzilla
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/candykane101/c2_1.jpg

TheSnail
07-15-2006, 03:57 PM
KA powered 240sx's.....because secretaries need transportation too.

Haha. And it was marketed towards women, so you aint lying.

TheSnail
07-15-2006, 04:08 PM
If iron blocks are supposed to be strong. Then the KA must be the exception. Why is it that I see half the non running stock 240’s with a rod through the block?

BTLFED
07-15-2006, 04:21 PM
If iron blocks are supposed to be strong. Then the KA must be the exception. Why is it that I see half the non running stock 240’s with a rod through the block?

Because unlike in bed, length isn't to their advantage.

EmotorsportsE
07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
That pic is funny as hell Voya.

Well the reason for the rods threw the block is because most of them before we got our hands on them, were lady owned, and we know how good most are with oil changes. Oil, whats oil?

I liked my KA-T's cause whenever I broke something it was always a ringland, due to my dukes of hazzard style of driving, but hey, I still drove it for months afterwards, still outrunning Mustangs, Vettes, and SR's. I had issues with 600hp GN's though.

E

HalfBaked
07-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I want a KA24E-T car.

That or an all motor ka24e.

Just to daily drive.

SampaGuy
07-16-2006, 12:02 AM
That or an all motor ka24e.

:goodjob:

i almost bought this a few months ago. 12:1 compression, car ran a 13.9

http://home.comcast.net/~petervietor/exhaust_side.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~petervietor/pimp_ass_intake.jpg

Big Baller
07-16-2006, 12:18 AM
That pic is funny as hell Voya.

Well the reason for the rods threw the block is because most of them before we got our hands on them, were lady owned, and we know how good most are with oil changes. Oil, whats oil?

I liked my KA-T's cause whenever I broke something it was always a ringland, due to my dukes of hazzard style of driving, but hey, I still drove it for months afterwards, still outrunning Mustangs, Vettes, and SR's. I had issues with 600hp GN's though.

E

You are going to see me everytime you mention how fast a KA is, I will run you anytime in my weak ass stock bottom end sr for a THOUSAND dollars. Until then ka s are the most worthless motor on the planet only to be proceeded by RBs.

EmotorsportsE
07-16-2006, 12:36 AM
You sound so scary online Matt, sounds like easy money to me. I like my KA-T's, I don't run built internals either. dump enough notrous to blow it, but beat you, and guess what, I still got 6 more KA's ready to go in, and I'm out 6 hours swapping it around, thats if I don't feel like driving on it for a few months with a blown ringland.

E

Wurm
07-16-2006, 12:45 AM
my KA has 230,000 miles and still runs with no problems

yet

skillzilla
07-16-2006, 10:28 AM
You sound so scary online Matt, sounds like easy money to me. I like my KA-T's, I don't run built internals either. dump enough notrous to blow it, but beat you, and guess what, I still got 6 more KA's ready to go in, and I'm out 6 hours swapping it around, thats if I don't feel like driving on it for a few months with a blown ringland.

E

Good point. Still gay, but good point :)

Big Baller
07-16-2006, 10:51 AM
No I dont sound scary online Eric, I just call it like I see it. The offer still stands your KA vs My SR for 1g. If you just want to prove to everybody how awesome the KA is then bring it out to the Killsforum race.

HalfBaked
07-16-2006, 10:53 AM
:goodjob:

i almost bought this a few months ago. 12:1 compression, car ran a 13.9

I would drive the shit out of that car.

BTLFED
07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I would drive the shit out of that car.

I dunno about single cams LOL

Vteckidd
07-16-2006, 11:07 AM
KAs are worthless.

and are you really saying that you drove around on a broken ringland? thats about the dumbest thing i have heard. You know how bad it can fuck up your cylinder walls? not to mention that if you blow a ringland itll smoke an burn oil like a bitch.

BTLFED
07-16-2006, 11:12 AM
KAs are worthless.

and are you really saying that you drove around on a broken ringland? thats about the dumbest thing i have heard. You know how bad it can fuck up your cylinder walls? not to mention that if you blow a ringland itll smoke an burn oil like a bitch.

Damn Mike, it's like talking to lint.

Vteckidd
07-16-2006, 11:14 AM
i talk to lint, i think its more intelligent than the shit thats posted in htis forum LOL

BTLFED
07-16-2006, 11:18 AM
i talk to lint, i think its more intelligent than the shit thats posted in htis forum LOL

Here lately it is hahahaha

Vteckidd
07-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Btlfed an Baller, im heading up to the shop, holla

BTLFED
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Btlfed an Baller, im heading up to the shop, holla

It's Sunday!

EmotorsportsE
07-16-2006, 03:35 PM
KA's don't seem to smoke much unless under hard boost with blown ringlands, who cares if it fucks up the cylinder wall, I have plenty more laying around, takes less time to swap a motor than a piston. I don't reccommend it for everyone, I just don't care, hell ask Dave how many times I blew my KA-T's ringlands and drove for, still walk most of the shit out on the roads nowadays, even on 3.5 cylinders.

E

Vteckidd
07-16-2006, 03:52 PM
then please, enter the knig of the kills forum race. id love to see it.

also, whats the point on boosting a motor you keep blowing up, not very many SRs come through here that blow up an make over 400 :D

TheSnail
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Looks like that KA is using PVC piping and bathroom grommets. I guess it does not matter since its not boosted. But you’d figure if that he would of changed it if he did all that work.

Big Baller
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
If ERIC wins the king of the kills forum race with a stock bottom end KA-T Ill double the prize money out of my own pocket, Thats 1600 bucks ERIC.

EmotorsportsE
07-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Not gonna be ready by the deadline, and why would I drag a convertible 240 with a KA-T? Just sounds dumb to me.

E

MDPsJcars
07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok so maybe KAs dont make bad ass forced induction race motors... whatever. How many old nissan hardbody pickups do you see on the road with ten bazillion miles! Mines got almost 180k and runs perfect, good as new. Seen em with over 300k. Yeah so they are slow, not efficient, dont like boost... but they DO last,if reasonably taken care of.

Nyteryder
07-21-2006, 02:04 AM
then please, enter the knig of the kills forum race. id love to see it.

also, whats the point on boosting a motor you keep blowing up, not very many SRs come through here that blow up an make over 400 :D
I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black R
07-21-2006, 02:19 AM
damn, and here I was thinking displacement is king... i'm trying to decide whether i want a blower on a ka or a turbo sr in my 240.....

HalfBaked
07-21-2006, 02:23 AM
damn, and here I was thinking displacement is king... i'm trying to decide whether i want a blower on a ka or a turbo sr in my 240.....

If you are honestly debating that, then stick with the KA!

LOLz!

StupidBikerBoy
07-21-2006, 05:12 PM

If you want to be like everyone else and thier brother, go with the SR.

teggy 2nr
07-25-2006, 09:18 PM
shoot....i jus need an engine for my 240....LOL

Black R
07-26-2006, 12:49 AM
If you are honestly debating that, then stick with the KA!

LOLz!

well, i'm an autoxer and honestly care more about torque down low.

i don't care about making 400whp peak as that won't help me win races.

now 300ft-lb at 2k rpm's would be ideal.....

DRFT.HxC
07-26-2006, 01:22 AM
KA's suck hardcore nob. I am personally an SR fan. but i am not going to say that an N/A car cant smoke a boosted car or a KA is not able to roast on a SR. i guess it all depends what you drop in your car. i prefer my RB's and SR's though.

teggy 2nr
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
and guess what, I still got 6 more KA's ready to go in,

E

wow, since u have so many ka's lying around, how about selling me one for cheap... :D :D

MusicManG3
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
KA-t.org

Go there and quit your bitchin'. KA's are not THAT much different from a SR. SR is basicly a shorter version of the KA. Which only yeilds more torque for the KA. The fastest SR I have seen ran like a 9.2? Ivan just hit 9.7 in a KA-T.

And if you want 300tq at 2K rpms, KA is going to be a closer match than a SR.
I too am a track man, torque is what its all about.

BarnDog296
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
You guys are ignorant and just want people to argue, its a FACT that the Fastest 240s are KA-T easily. They hold a ton more boost, get over this shit, i swear.... ::sigh:: You just want a fight and this is the EASIEST one to get into. I cant belive you actually stickied this....

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/a3c70b0e-afd0-4b67-a075-1ce9978ca079.jpg
KA-T in the 9s Click Here (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a3c70b0e-afd0-4b67-a075-1ce9978ca079.htm)

HalfBaked
08-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I can post a video of a sentra running 7s.

It doesn't mean its the best car in the world...

BarnDog296
08-14-2006, 09:24 PM
LOL - Loser dont post up your Sentra please no one cares

BTLFED
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM

But we should all care about that pile-o-240 you drive? :rolleyes:

He wasn't talking about his Sentra, idiot.

HalfBaked
08-15-2006, 04:57 PM

My sentra doesn't run 7s dumbass.

BarnDog296
08-16-2006, 09:08 AM
LMAO - ok, so at least i understand now that IA really is just a flame board - lovin it! :piss: HalfBaked
Come On HalfBaked you really need your Boyfriend to jump in there?

Nemesis
08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
EJ20/25 > All

**runs LOL**

BTLFED
08-16-2006, 04:19 PM
LMAO - ok, so at least i understand now that IA really is just a flame board - lovin it! :piss: HalfBaked

I'm not his boyfriend and neither one of us are gay, so stop trying to hit on us and go to midtown where you belong. :gay:

Is your 240 tan? THAT would be super gay.

HalfBaked
08-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Come On HalfBaked you really need your Boyfriend to jump in there?.

Are you shitting me? You are talking shit to me? The kid who posted up all your plans for your s13 which included clear taillights and dying your steering wheel black...

You're a fucking douche tard ricer. Go eat a dick you faggot.

BTLFED
08-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Are you shitting me? You are talking shit to me? The kid who posted up all your plans for your s13 which included clear taillights and dying your steering wheel black...

You're a fucking douche tard ricer. Go eat a dick you faggot.

Oh shit! For real?! I fucking missed that!

This guy is a raging sack-o-douche ricer! We need not concern ourselves with his metrosexual tendencies.

HalfBaked
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Search his posts from about a year ago or so, when he 1st joined here he was posting the dumbest shit ever.

Like his mods were his tires, that was it. And he talked about how bad ass the tires were.

Verik
08-17-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm a KA-T fan myself, nothing against the SR... but I'd rather have a RB20 over the SR anyday. Sad to see that you can't allow people to have differnt opinions and like another motor than you without being flamed to hell. As for the "fastest 240 ever" look up Jun's S14 i think it was running mid 8's. Yeah it had a SR...

BruceAlmighty
08-17-2006, 06:10 PM
its been three pages and ive yet to see an actual reason why 'KA's are gay'. the rod threw the block shit doesnt count either, as i can put a hole in any block of any motor Nissan has EVER produced. so, my question is this: does anyone have any intelligent reasons why 'KA's are gay'?

and Verik, keep a listen out for Ivan at AMS. i believe he ha a KA-T in the works that will beat the JUN S14's numbers.

HalfBaked
08-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Ok, you have to say it will beat...

It hasn't.

Also, yea lets all worship a motor that blows with like 7psi of boost and revs to like 6800

Verik
08-18-2006, 01:53 AM
its been three pages and ive yet to see an actual reason why 'KA's are gay'. the rod threw the block shit doesnt count either, as i can put a hole in any block of any motor Nissan has EVER produced. so, my question is this: does anyone have any intelligent reasons why 'KA's are gay'?

and Verik, keep a listen out for Ivan at AMS. i believe he ha a KA-T in the works that will beat the JUN S14's numbers.

yeah i've been following his build very thoroughly.

half baked.... motor choice is preference. one is not better then the other bc they both have their strengths and weaknesses. live with it, you will never be able to force your opinion on someone else who has an opposite one.

BTLFED
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM

How about you just get your car one color, cheerleader?

sebastianHoff
08-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok, you have to say it will beat...

It hasn't.

Also, yea lets all worship a motor that blows with like 7psi of boost and revs to like 6800

bitch quit raggin on my motor.....

oh wait you werent, sorry bout that. sorry everybody.

:lmfao:

yeah i've been following his build very thoroughly.

half baked.... motor choice is preference. one is not better then the other bc they both have their strengths and weaknesses. live with it, you will never be able to force your opinion on someone else who has an opposite one.

see heres the thing the rb20 takes the very worst parts off all the nissan motors and wraps them up in one unkempt package. ca tech, sr power, ka tranny, rb weight, weak rings, weak pistons, tendency for catastrophic oil pump failure, and a turbo that likes to explode at about 14psi. KAs are gay in that people put turbos on them thinking they are ahead, when in reality they've built a motor less reliable than an rb20.

Verik
08-19-2006, 06:37 PM
you do realize sr and ka trannies are the same? minus the bell housing.

skillzilla
08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Also, youre thinking of the RB25 oil pump/crank collar issues, no the Rb20. AAAANS, the bottom end on all RBs are solid, no question about that.

Back on topic though, KA's suck

BruceAlmighty
08-21-2006, 02:47 PM

how about no. pick up your skirt, dry off your pussy, and get over it. i like my two-tone POS just the way it is thank you very much. unless you want to pay to have it painted for me...

1439/2000
08-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Ka's are cool. If you are on a budget of free.

BruceAlmighty
08-21-2006, 04:55 PM
hell, im glad you guys dont like KA's. makes them easier and cheaper to pick up. im not knocking the fact that they are slow in stock form, but they arent mediocre and can make more power for less money.

but you think what you will. its just funny how childish this topic is. 'KA's are gay' wow, impressive statement. took awhile to come up with that...

Verik
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Also for those in emission restricted counties, KA-T is the only legal option for those with 96 and above.... OBD-II blows :(

BruceAlmighty
08-21-2006, 06:09 PM
^agreed.

BTLFED
08-21-2006, 08:47 PM
how about no. pick up your skirt, dry off your pussy, and get over it. i like my two-tone POS just the way it is thank you very much. unless you want to pay to have it painted for me...

How about no. I have my own "Nissan" I am working on, and it's not a bandwagon 240. I bet you even put the Silvia front end on is just to be uB3r JDM tYt3 y0!

1439/2000
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Also for those in emission restricted counties, KA-T is the only legal option for those with 96 and above.... OBD-II blows :(

Or you could not be a pussy and make real power without emissions. Pay someone off or register in another county. :goodjob:

I want power but I can't pass emissions= pick another hobby.

HalfBaked
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
How about no. I have my own "Nissan" I am working on, and it's not a bandwagon 240. I bet you even put the Silvia front end on is just to be uB3r JDM tYt3 y0!

He put the silvia front so it could match the silvia emblem he has on his trunk.

BTLFED
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
He put the silvia front so it could match the silvia emblem he has on his trunk.

Oh! Well that makes total sense then! :doh:

BruceAlmighty
08-24-2006, 07:59 PM

bandwagon? lol

i owned my 240 long before 99% of these little punk ass cunts even knew what a 240 was. secondly, i wanted a Silvia front end from the time i first figured out what they were back in '97. and lastly, why the fuck does it matter to you? your just a has-been that worked for Nopi and now works for BatlGround. your how old again and still being an internet troll? pathetic...Sorry Dan and Tracy. youll never get my business while this fucktard is there...:rolleyes:

He put the silvia front so it could match the silvia emblem he has on his trunk

and you...im not even going to bother with you. you just make me laugh incessantly. not because your funny, but because your just that stupid. you love to talk all this shit on the internet, because no one can do anything to you. but when your in public, its a whole different story. and your ass partner Jimmy is the same way. bunch of pussy's...

BTLFED
08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
bandwagon? lol

i owned my 240 long before 99% of these little punk ass cunts even knew what a 240 was. secondly, i wanted a Silvia front end from the time i first figured out what they were back in '97. and lastly, why the fuck does it matter to you? your just a has-been that worked for Nopi and now works for BatlGround. your how old again and still being an internet troll? pathetic...Sorry Dan and Tracy. youll never get my business while this fucktard is there...:rolleyes:

You think I work for Batlground?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have NEVER worked at Batlground. As a matter of fact, they havent even done anything to any of my vehicles yet besides weld a new cat on my SUV. I have been friends with them for a while and always help them out at events when I can, and the one time I was in a serious bind and needed a huge favor Tracy and Dan did not hesitate to help me, and actually Tracy offered to help without me even asking. They are good people and Batlground does awesome work. If you don't want to take your business to Batlground because of some bullshit you THINK is fact, that's your loss.

The fact that I used to work for Nopi is common knowledge. What's your point? And why am I a has-been? Because I don't sell performance parts anymore and moved on to something that has a future? Or is it because I don't have the time or the patience to be big into the "scene" anymore? Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

HalfBaked
08-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm a pussy?

Have you said a word to me ever in person? No.

You can take your bitch ass and your trashy ass girl (that Jimmy fooled around with while you two were together) and shut the fuck up.

Dragonfly5338
08-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm a pussy?

Have you said a word to me ever in person? No.

You can take your bitch ass and your trashy ass girl (that Jimmy fooled around with while you two were together) and shut the fuck up.

LOL sorry. That's funny. Your girlfriend is a whore! Nice!

chnco
08-25-2006, 12:16 AM
You're an idiot

bandwagon? lol

and you...im not even going to bother with you. you just make me laugh incessantly. not because your funny, but because your just that stupid. you love to talk all this shit on the internet, because no one can do anything to you. but when your in public, its a whole different story. and your ass partner Jimmy is the same way. bunch of pussy's...

ka-t_Zenki
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
why cant we all just get along...?

Outphase
08-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Who cares when you owned what and what you do with it, the fact that you are in the majority crew now means that you are automatically associated with them, you should teach the 'newbies' what to do, and just get over the fact that everyone in the world tunes/modifies/drives the same cars as you.

What about the Honda Civic? What do you think those people were saying when it first started getting popular?

"I remember when we were fixing our Civics up long before these damn kids even knew that it could be potentially fast!!!"

Yeah. Get over yourself, you conceited bastard. If anyone, it should be Nissan being ashamed for all the ricer kids buying up 240's instead of their 350's.

Oh yeah, KA > SR

Nemesis
08-29-2006, 07:39 AM
bump

Outphase
08-29-2006, 07:58 AM
KA > SR

bump. MWAHAHAHAHAhAHA. You know what's gay? AIDS.

HalfBaked
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Bump because outphase loves men who drive sohc s13s.

Outphase
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, definetly.

ChainSaw
09-06-2006, 01:19 PM

HAHAHAA!!!!!

Your the bag everyone puts their douche in.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lmfao:

Stopsnitchin
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
ka's suck.

Extrememustang
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
ka24de is very realiable

HalfBaked
05-05-2007, 02:29 AM
la24de is very realiable
What the fuck is a la24de?

God you're fucking retarded.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 07:43 AM
What the fuck is a la24de?

God you're fucking retarded.

It's a Lame Ass 24DE. You know, the engines that come in Nissan TRUCKS. I personally love seeing long rod engines fling them out the block.

You find the fitting you were looking for yet?

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Its the French version. The FDM KA. Comes with a flat valve cover to cook crepes.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Its the French version. The FDM KA. Comes with a flat valve cover to cook crepes.

Amaze your friends!

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 09:55 AM
lol

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 10:01 AM
You too can have a worthless engine that doubles as a crepe cooker for 3 easy payments of $19.95! But wait! There's more!

Act now and we will throw in an RB20DET that doubles as a boat anchor AND exploding coffee table at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY!

HalfBaked
05-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Yea, I got the fittings I needed.

Atleaste I think. I'll find out monday or tuesday.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Yea, I got the fittings I needed.

Atleaste I think. I'll find out monday or tuesday.

Lowes have it?

HalfBaked
05-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Lowes have it?
Yea, we went to home depot tho.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Yea, we went to home depot tho.

Well damn now I wanna know if it's right! And you better have given me a good survery at work!

HalfBaked
05-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Well damn now I wanna know if it's right! And you better have given me a good survery at work!
Oh it was a good survey.

A+++ will do further business.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh it was a good survey.

A+++ will do further business.

w00 h00! :lmfao:

Man I want to know if the fittings are right! The suspense is killing me LOL

igot3240
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
ka's are a good stock engine...
performance wise, takes some money but can be great for 200-250hp.

Capt._Ron
05-06-2007, 02:59 AM
ka's are a good stock engine...
performance wise, takes some money but can be great for 200-250hp.

Nope they actually are like one of the worst stock engines ever. Thats why no one gave a shit about a 240 until they figured out that you could put an sr in them cheap. Im sorry but just about any honda motor is easier to get power out of than a ka.

BTLFED
05-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Nope they actually are like one of the worst stock engines ever. Thats why no one gave a shit about a 240 until they figured out that you could put an sr in them cheap. Im sorry but just about any honda motor is easier to get power out of than a ka.

This man speaks the truth. Who wants a fucking truck engine in a 240? :rolleyes:

AFSil80
05-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Look what my KA did. I didn't even have it 2 weeks when it shat itself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AFSil80/RemovingKA24OilInIntake.jpg

Sorry Matt (Verik/Bojangles) but KA = FTL!

Benefit
05-06-2007, 01:48 PM
my sr spun a bearing :(

Extrememustang
05-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Okokok so with a ka24de-t with a 8.5 compression, wouldnt it kinda of be more realiable then a sr and with a timing chain not have to worry about the timing belt? Also disp. got to count for something right?

Broke240
05-06-2007, 03:10 PM
SRs don't have timing belts.

Extrememustang
05-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh, yea see how much I know. Do they have a timing chain? Im also thining HEAVY into doing another altima because it has the same motor as the 240 as you prob know and dont know to rebuild the ka like last time or do the trend with the sr

Benefit
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Okokok so with a ka24de-t with a 8.5 compression, wouldnt it kinda of be more realiable then a sr and with a timing chain not have to worry about the timing belt? Also disp. got to count for something right?

im gunna pretend like i didnt read that

Extrememustang
05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I actually dynoed at 220 in my ka24de altima, imagine if i just put a turbo kit on it like a sr already has.

Benefit
05-06-2007, 08:09 PM
220 horsepower all motor KA?............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .

Capt._Ron
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
If it made even close to 220 at the wheels then its not even close to stock.

Extrememustang
05-06-2007, 11:07 PM
No it was NO WAY NEAR stock. So lets say if the silvias in japan with their sr-20 was also put in the trucks. Would you guys call the sr a truck motor also?

AFSil80
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Stick to Mustangs.[/discussion]

Nyteryder
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I made 230whp and 260wtq in my altima 5 years ago with a shot

Extrememustang
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
So lets say if the silvias in japan with their sr-20 was also put in the trucks. Would you guys call the sr a truck motor also? Would be funny is they did then I would love to see what ppl would say then. You know just for shits and giggles.

Extrememustang
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok for the real though. Im going to get another altima and cant decide to turbo the ka or get the BLUEBIRD sr20, its a fwd sr.

05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
It's a Lame Ass 24DE. You know, the engines that come in Nissan TRUCKS. I personally love seeing long rod engines fling them out the block.

You find the fitting you were looking for yet?

so chris you seem to have a pretty strong opinion of these motors... well then I must say i dont agree with your opinion at all.. i have owned two Sr s13's and the torque is way better in my KA-T... also i pretty much will say it is aster than any of your cars... so i dont understand why you would hate on the motor as much as you do....

BTLFED
05-14-2007, 06:57 PM
so chris you seem to have a pretty strong opinion of these motors... well then I must say i dont agree with your opinion at all.. i have owned two Sr s13's and the torque is way better in my KA-T... also i pretty much will say it is aster than any of your cars... so i dont understand why you would hate on the motor as much as you do....

Traitor. :slap:

Black95s14
05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
KA24

Because contrary to what you SR guys think.....Torque is important. You might as well buy a honda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z1QB_FWIXA

400+ hp on a stock internal KA

:smileowne

Benefit
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
noobs and their ka-t's ...:rolleyes:

HalfBaked
05-20-2007, 04:44 PM
KA24

Because contrary to what you SR guys think.....Torque is important. You might as well buy a honda

I made over 300ft lbs on stock t25 and stock internals on my SR...

I don't see how that is similar to honda power at all.

Benefit
05-20-2007, 04:50 PM
yea and at that point the ka is maxed out...while the sr still has loads of potential

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
KA24

Might as well by a Honda? Hmm....with my measly ZC turbo at only 6lbs with no intercooler I made 171whp/155 ft/lbs of torque in a CRX. I'm not even going to get into when I was running just nitrous. Honda engines can't make torque right? :rolleyes:

Take your long rods and shove them up your ass.

Extrememustang
05-20-2007, 07:30 PM
yea and at that point the ka is maxed out...while the sr still has loads of potential

I guess u never saw the ka with 500hp on the dyno then huh?

Capt._Ron
05-20-2007, 08:43 PM
you can point out specific ka-t cases that did well all you want but the fact of the matter is if the ka was worth a damn the japanese would have swapped it into their race cars a long time ago.

Benefit
05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
i know right , i love how they point out specific ka's and the one , ONE god damn 9 second ka that ivan built...sr = tried and proven...ka's go to hell

Extrememustang
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Come to think about it, who cares why do we fight over this. Yes if I had my way I would get the s15 250hp motor and 6spd tranny

Capt._Ron
05-20-2007, 09:34 PM
you could do that or you could just get any sr upgrade to that turbo and have everything except 6 speed

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
you could do that or you could just get any sr upgrade to that turbo and have everything except 6 speed

Then you could do jumping jacks. 10 of them.

Benefit
05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
^^ lol

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Hell, as long as we are having an SR pissing contest, did the S15 SR20DE come with the 6 speed too, or was it just the DET? I think I am going to put a DE in my 510 with a healthy shot of nitrous. I already have one unreliable turbo car lol

Benefit
05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
i guess , this guy sold one with a 6 speed

http://zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11327

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
But that is an Autech. That is rare as hell and expensive as shit LOL! I wonder if the regular S15s did?

Benefit
05-20-2007, 10:22 PM
why do you want 6 speed? i hear they are weak

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 10:47 PM
why do you want 6 speed? i hear they are weak

:rly: I didn't know that. Hmm....perhaps I need to do some more research then.

Benefit
05-20-2007, 11:01 PM
here ya go

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=54263&highlight=6spd

The reason the 6-speed is "weak" is that the gears are in the same basic bell housing, meaning the gears are narrower to accomadate the extra "speed". A lot of drift and drag guys don't like the 6spd because it gets unreliable past about 350whp.

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
here ya go

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=54263&highlight=6spd

The reason the 6-speed is "weak" is that the gears are in the same basic bell housing, meaning the gears are narrower to accomadate the extra "speed". A lot of drift and drag guys don't like the 6spd because it gets unreliable past about 350whp.

Sweet! 5 Speed it is then. Thanks for the info. Reps to you. :D

Benefit
05-20-2007, 11:08 PM
thanks, now i have 2 bars :) :). i just hope tigerjc doesnt see this and neg rep me like always

BTLFED
05-20-2007, 11:13 PM
My rep points > His. ;) :tongue1:

Benefit
05-20-2007, 11:18 PM
why not ls1 510

I want a ls1 powered car now...

StupidBikerBoy
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
why not ls1 510

I want a ls1 powered car now...

Yeah! you should do the single cam/6 speed swap. Thats what Im doing.:D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/stupidbikerboy/LS1%20240sx%20project/5-15-07001.jpg

Benefit
05-21-2007, 05:54 AM
cant beat the reliability and raw power of an lsx..

BTLFED
05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Fitting in a 510 is the problem with that. I would love to go HiPSI's route but space ownz me.

Capt._Ron
05-22-2007, 02:07 AM
what are your plans for the 510

HalfBaked
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Put a KA in the 510!!!

BTLFED
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Put a KA in the 510!!!

You put one in your Sentra first. :slap:

BTLFED
05-22-2007, 05:27 PM
what are your plans for the 510

LED Wiper Squirters and an aluminium mooserack wing

Not really.

Benefit
05-22-2007, 07:10 PM
what about neons??

BTLFED
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
what about neons??

You first. :tongue1:

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I guess they are cool

I mean SR's pull a premium for race wars

especially in hondas

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Oh one more thing

2 grand for a SR and more to have someone put it in, if you dont have the tools and the time so assume close to 3 grand for a stock SR swap

3 grand in a KA will make close to 500 hp

KA > SR

TheSnail
05-23-2007, 12:26 AM
LOL @ 3k in ka = 500hp

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 01:04 AM
450 is very logical

i know of many people boosting more then 20 psi on stock internals, you wouldnt have to spend so much on internals for a KA for reasonable boost, like you do on the SR

so all that money goes towards a bad ass turbo kit, fmic, bigger injectors, better fuel system

if you think 450 is not possible with 3 grand then you are very naive

TheSnail
05-23-2007, 01:20 AM
LOL you dont know shit so STFU

Heres your 500hp

Pistons and rods 1000
Head gasket 100+
Exhaust manifold 100-1000
Down pipe 100+
Turbo charger 700-1500
Lines+fittings 100+
Intercooler kit + bov 700-1000+
Injectors 400
Fuel pump 100
Twin plate or better 1000+
Standalone 1000-1500+
Maf 100+
FPR 100+
ARP head studs 100+
Radiator 300

Thats a min of $5900 assuming you know how to install pistons and rods, turbo kit, lines, clutch, wire up a standalone and tune it. Not including things like intake mani, external wastegate, fuel rail, gauges and a shit ton of random parts.

HalfBaked
05-23-2007, 02:51 AM
450 is very logical

i know of many people boosting more then 20 psi on stock internals, you wouldnt have to spend so much on internals for a KA for reasonable boost, like you do on the SR

so all that money goes towards a bad ass turbo kit, fmic, bigger injectors, better fuel system

if you think 450 is not possible with 3 grand then you are very naive
BULLSHIT ON 20PSI ON STOCK KA INTERNALS.

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
yall are stupid

I know and have seen people around here who push more then 20 psi on stock internals

you guys are just mad because the SR cant handle that

pop a midol for gods sake

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 04:55 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9LlTmKLgaw

Black95s14
05-23-2007, 04:56 AM
oh and half baked watch that 54 secs in

theres your dyno chart with the torque curve

stock internals

BTLFED
05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
oh and half baked watch that 54 secs in

theres your dyno chart with the torque curve

stock internals

And how long does that truck engine last on that amount of boost? Not long. Stop thinking the internet is the gospel. It is YOU that is the moron.

AFSil80
05-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I honestly don't understand why people use the 'zOMG it makes more torque lol' arguement...it's a goddamn four banger. It doesn't make neck snapping torque.

Stopsnitchin
06-17-2007, 09:09 AM
KAs bite chode

skillzilla
06-17-2007, 03:24 PM
ring lands FTW.

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
This man speaks the truth. Who wants a fucking truck engine in a 240? :rolleyes:

I do. I like the looks of the guys with SR swaps after I pass them. :yes:

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I do. I like the looks of the guys with SR swaps after I pass them. :yes:

Yeah, and how much do you have in your truck engine to make that happen? And I am guessing either A) you are passing guys with stock SR swaps, or B) your engine is going to blow up soon.

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, and how much do you have in your truck engine to make that happen? And I am guessing either A) you are passing guys with stock SR swaps, or B) your engine is going to blow up soon.

Eh, more or less yea. I'm running a very mild setup on the KA. With plans for more but right now the internals look golden. I know guys with SR's that smoke the shit out of my car, but then I know guys with C18's that smoke the shit out of their SR's. Idk, it's just whatever you like, I like my truck motor. :rolleyes:

blackshine007
08-05-2007, 12:09 PM
My 2.5L> your 2.4L any day of the week. Hands down.

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 12:11 PM

As they say, "no replacement for displacement"
Thats why there's FI :goodjob:

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 12:15 PM

If it was between your Mazda engine and his Truck engine I would buy the truck engine.

blackshine007
08-05-2007, 12:16 PM
As they say, "no replacement for displacement"
Thats why there's FI :goodjob:
Mines is bigger and yet will outrev yours as well. Keep in mind this is just random shit talking. And yes, mine is a screamer.

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Mines is bigger and yet will outrev yours as well. Keep in mind this is just random shit talking. And yes, mine is a screamer.

KA Long Rods FTL

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 12:30 PM

:rolleyes: cool

blackshine007
08-05-2007, 12:30 PM
KL 2.5L Bore & Stroke of 84.5 x 74.2mm (just 2.92" stroke)
KA 2.4L Bore × Stroke: 89.0 × 96.0 mm (3.50393 in. x 3.77952 in.)

My engine is relaxed at 7500 rpm. The KA would probably be sitting in a puddle of it's ownself at that speed. I win.

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 12:31 PM
KA Long Rods FTL

:welcome:

jimmycricket
08-05-2007, 12:32 PM

My engine is relaxed at 7500 rpm. The KA would probably be sitting in a puddle of it's ownself at that speed. I win.

There's always bigger and better buddy. You beat me.

blackshine007
08-05-2007, 12:34 PM
There's always bigger and better buddy. You beat me.
YAY!!!!! You stay down there in PTC, right? Are you coming out to the publix in riverdale tonite?

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 01:02 PM
:welcome:

+14 :tongue1:

Big J
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM

except you forgot about that torque stuff an "over square" motor give you

Big J
08-05-2007, 01:15 PM
bore an stroke is just part of it, rod length is the other parts of it

Big J
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
my grammer and spelling are all jacked up today

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
my grammer and spelling are all jacked up today

Hungover? lol :lmfao:

I was. :(

blackshine007
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
except you forgot about that torque stuff an "over square" motor give you
Very true. I should've added that part in there. I guess I kinda make up slightly with the extra 2 cylinders. Keeps the engine from completely falling on it's face on bottom end. I must admit I have a little bit of tq, though. My shifter broke on friday so I had to jack up the car and jamb it into 4th gear. I crunk it up, blipped the gas a little bit and I was rolling. All the way from 4th gear. Up a slight incline at that.

OneSlow5pt0
08-05-2007, 01:27 PM
ka and sr are gay

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 01:52 PM
ka and sr are gay

No one gives a fuck about your rotary, and I am tired of hearing about them. You don't even own a fucking rotary car anymore. :slap:

OneSlow5pt0
08-05-2007, 08:37 PM
No one gives a fuck about your rotary, and I am tired of hearing about them. You don't even own a fucking rotary car anymore. :slap:

sir,i am in no shape or form involed in any rotary:goodjob:

BTLFED
08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
sir,i am in no shape or form involed in any rotary:goodjob:

Not anymore. You were a rotary nazi.

OneSlow5pt0
08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Not anymore. You were a rotary nazi.

lol,that make a good S/N

spook
08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
funny