PDA

View Full Version : Random drift demo, when my car caught fire

HiPSI
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
you can't see the flames at all, but it's funny to watch andy sapp pop out from behind his car like a prairie dog and tracy run away when the flames popped up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwboYzkwcc

B00STedSvT
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Lol..damn dude..was everything aight or what?...Do u kno what exactly started the fire?..i mean besides completely doggin the shit out of ur car..i dont understand the whole drift scene but it doesnt look very safe and it seems like it would get really expensive after a while.

dazn
07-14-2006, 06:32 PM
hahaha, that was prety funny, not your car burning, but andy and tracy...

Five*Star*
07-14-2006, 07:03 PM
OMG, that is a hilarious video.

Andy: (Pops up) "Hmmm, that smells like more than just tire smoke.... Oh, shit my buddis car!"

Tracy: "Hmmm let's see what's gong on here...... hey guys, what's up?....... FIRE!!! (hops real big, then runs away).

LMAO!

HOPE THE CAR IS OKAY.

BTW, HiPSI, you used to be at Boost Solutuions right?

HiPSI
07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Lol..damn dude..was everything aight or what?...Do u kno what exactly started the fire?..i mean besides completely doggin the shit out of ur car..i dont understand the whole drift scene but it doesnt look very safe and it seems like it would get really expensive after a while.

the oil drain line was too close to the manifold to be bare rubber. i double wrapped it with header wrap to keep the radiant heat off, but it apparently slipped down and exposed some of the rubber line and it caught. nothing major really, it'll take me more time to clean the fire extinguisher stuff than to fix the line and move it.

as for drifting in general and dogging my car, i've never really understood spending many thousands on a car to only drive it for 10 seconds at a time in a straight line or to sit next to it in a parking lot (not that there's anything wrong with those). yes it's expensive once you reach a certain level, but what motorsport isnt? it's only as safe as the sanctioning body putting on the event makes it, and locally we have an amazing track record with nothing but safe events. in the demo environment we tend to get a little wild, but that's what the crowd wants to see :).

HiPSI
07-14-2006, 07:20 PM
BTW, HiPSI, you used to be at Boost Solutuions right?

wish i could say no, but yeah i worked there briefly.

Tracy
07-14-2006, 07:28 PM
OMG! That is so funny. Not the car but the rest :)

Andy pops up like a gofer. I was afraid the car would explode and I didn't have my fire suit on.

The Golden Child
07-14-2006, 08:17 PM
lolz at adny and tracy dah was funny i almost choked on my wing ..
i heard a cling cling noise before you stopped though ..
must of sucked nice video though ..

Nittanys1
07-14-2006, 10:10 PM
....i've never really understood spending many thousands on a car to only drive it for 10 seconds at a time in a straight line or to sit next to it in a parking lot...

good point...... :goodjob: