PDA

View Full Version : COD Title on a car?

EK9Type S
07-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Well at the beginning of my week I was pretty excited, I found an RSX with front end damage not major and the previous owner had just sold the motor but no biggy cuz I was gonna put an engine in it anyway. The interior beautiful, the exterior was great except the front which can be fixed. I was gonna forget doing the K swap on my EK and make this my priority. I bought the car, knew it had a COD but heard that it could be registered, now it seems I might not be able to register it. Does anybody know of a way that I can actual get this car registered if I fix it up and get it inspected? Some one help me please!

EK9Type S
07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Can anybody help me out, im gonna be gone for a few days w/o internet, so I wont be able to respond but any replies would be greatly appreciated.

David88vert
07-14-2006, 07:46 PM
A COD title is not the same as a salvage. As far as I know, you will not be able to put it on the road, only the track.

i4_garage
07-14-2006, 10:09 PM
damn CODs .... i call them STDs....lol...sorryman...i will ask the inspectors to see if it can be cleared up

StupidBikerBoy
07-15-2006, 12:23 AM
A COD title cannot be rebuilt in this state.

Julio
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Theres this guy in doraville that can take a bite at it and figure something out.. Not sure but it wont hurt to try.

theres always loop holes.

Miknow
07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I also had this problem a while back, I was oging to buy a white RSX Type-S but it had a COD title. The information I found from the DMV and eveywhere else is GA cannot register a COD title. But there are many loopholes that I do not know. GL to you

EK9Type S
07-17-2006, 03:53 PM
damn CODs .... i call them STDs....lol...sorryman...i will ask the inspectors to see if it can be cleared up

Please do I dont mind if I have to go to a neighbooring state to get it registered I just wanna get it done.

EK9Type S
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Theres this guy in doraville that can take a bite at it and figure something out.. Not sure but it wont hurt to try.

theres always loop holes.

That would be great man.