PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Ford Pick Up 302 V8 no power!

Accord
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Okay if you guys can help a bit I would appreciate it.
got a co-worker who has a 1973 Ford Pick-up Got a new Motor for it a couple years back a 302 V8. Well just 1 week ago it was running perfectley fine when all of a sudden he got off the freeway and there was no power. The only way to get the truck going is to feather the gas lightly slowley build up momentum and then it will start going. Not sure what the problem is at first I thought maybe he blew a head gasket but he said there was no smoke at all. If anybody has some suggestions on what the problem could be please let me know Thanks

Here are a few things he told me:
~Just had a tune up new wires, plugs rotor exetra
~New Edelbrock 4 barrel car 3 months old
~Played with the timming a bit and that only made it worse
also let me know if there is any other info you guys need in helping to figure out the problem

2.0civic
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
timing issue is what it sounds like

speedminded
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Okay if you guys can help a bit I would appreciate it.
got a co-worker who has a 1973 Ford Pick-up Got a new Motor for it a couple years back a 302 V8. Well just 1 week ago it was running perfectley fine when all of a sudden he got off the freeway and there was no power. The only way to get the truck going is to feather the gas lightly slowley build up momentum and then it will start going. Not sure what the problem is at first I thought maybe he blew a head gasket but he said there was no smoke at all. If anybody has some suggestions on what the problem could be please let me know Thanks

Here are a few things he told me:
~Just had a tune up new wires, plugs rotor exetra
~New Edelbrock 4 barrel car 3 months old
~Played with the timming a bit and that only made it worse
also let me know if there is any other info you guys need in helping to figure out the problemwhen was the tune-up done?

Accord
07-13-2006, 03:58 PM
when was the tune-up done?

about a week ago

I'm starting to think more and more that it is a timing issue

speedminded
07-13-2006, 04:02 PM
about a week ago

I'm starting to think more and more that it is a timing issueumm, before or after the tune-up was it acting up?