PDA

View Full Version : CivEX Ripped Mainstream Performance off..............

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
On June 2nd, 2006, we were contacted by a customer named Ed Abraham. Ed asked us how much it was to install a Crower Camshaft, valvesprings, retainers and a ACT clutch in his 2002 Honda Civic EX. I gave him a price an he agreed to let us do work on the car.

Ed arrived at our shop and we checked out his parts and proceeded to do the install. We installed the clutch no problem, the springs an ret went in fine. Charles was installing the camshaft. Upon installing the camshaft, Charles forgot to put the motor back on TDC. It was OUR mistake. Things were busy, Ed kept walking into the shop trying to bother charles, even after i REPEATEDLY told him he was not allowed in the shop area. but everytime i turned my back he would try an go out into the shop area.

Regardless it was our fault for not putting the motor back on TDC. When we cranked it back up, it instantly bent a valve. We shut it back down, after going over the car charles figured it out an apolagized to Ed. We paid a good friend of ours (seymour222) $50 to drive Ed back to his house since he lived a good 1.5 hours away. I got on the phone with Honda, NEXT DAY AIRED A FULL SET OF VALVES, AND A HEADGASKET. I told ed we would replace the valves and whatever else we saw wrong once we opened the motor up FREE OF CHARGE.

We pulled the head the next day an found it was only 1 bent intake valve. Regardless, we replaced 2 cylinders worth of intake valves(4 valves), decked the head, cleaned it, reassembled it an reinstalled it the NEXT DAY. Upon reinstalling the head, Charles noticed that one of the CPS sensors was corroded. Car cranked up an ran with ZERO ISSUES.

I call Ed an tell him the car is done an he can come get it. Upon picking the car up, i told ed that his car had a corroded CPS sensor, and that it needed to be replaced. He was very happy and thanked us for fixing the mistake an admitting to it. He paid his ORIGINAL QUOTE and left .

The next day he says that his car died 100 miles down the road an he doesnt know why. I told him to check the sensor i told him about, and he didnt know how to find it. I told him to TOW THE CAR BACK TO MAINSTREAM AN WE WOULD PAY THE BILL TO CHECK IT OUT. He tows the car to us, we pay $130 tow bill, pay for a new CPS sensor ($30) an replace it an crank the car up. I personally drive it for 1 hour around town making sure its ok. Call Ed tell him its done, that we replaced HIS bad sensor for free, and tell him to come get it. He does again and says that he is very happy and apolagizes for the problem and appreciates us taking care of stuff even though it wasnt our fault.

Ed wrote us a Check for $425 for the valvetrain an clutch install. Now we used to take checks. not anymore. 2 weeks later we get a notice saying Ed Abraham has put a STOP PAYMENT on the check he wrote us. We contacted Ed and some of his buddies asking how the car was. They all admitted the car was running fine with zero issues. We had Eds car for a TOTAL OF 3 DAYS in OUR POSSESION, not 9 like he claims

I contact Ed via PM because he wont return my phone calls:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vteckidd

You wrote us a check an put a stop payment on it. That is a crime called theft of services.

if i dont have payment by JULY 1st i will be paying you a visit in court.

Please call the shop
678-567-9384

He responded with:

But if you would like to know why I stopped payment its because you had my car for a week and a half. In witch I was unable to go to work you cost me 9 days out of work, you did not offer a rental car even though your shop was the reason I had no car in the first place. I stopped the check because I did not know if I would have a car and for how long or if I would need to take it to someone with more experience on Honda motors. Like I stated earlier 9 days no work you cost me over $900.00 plus my time towing the car running diagnostics on the car, running electrical trace on the car (done by a professional 2 hours @ $75.00 per hour $150.00 total)
I am out $1,050.00 because of your shop, hence the stop payment so after I recoup my losses I am more than happy to pay you but until then keep in touch!

BTW just so you know:
1) You signed our INVOICE which states that you were satisfied with the work performed an we are not resposnbile for damage or assume any liability for the products YOU SUPPLIED

2) You wrote on your check the corresponding INVOICE number. So that is admitting your car was here, an the signatures match

3) This is really a simple issue, thats why im not worried. here is whats goign to happen. Im going to go file Suit against you for passing a bad check. Youll be notified, if you show up to court, we can settle it there, but i will be suing for $425 +legal fees+ my time. Read the fine print on the invoice you have, an think about if you can see yourself winning.

4) You dont show up to court, ill get a mechics lien issued by the state, and ill reposses your car legally.

so you can pay $425, an end this now, or take your chances in court. Im offering you the easy way out. If you want to fight this, then i will do it more than happily. I will post this on IA, an drag it in the open.

Your call

I did not pass a bad check, i stopped payment. For one i was unhappy about the work, two your shop messed my car up, not the parts i brought you. three you did have my car for nine days just becuse it was in my passesion for 4 days and not working at all does not mean i had my car back. if you want to play this game we will go to court. i have paper work showing how much money i spent just to confirm that it was your shop that messed my car up. towing, loss of wages, ect... so expect to be countered.

Ed Abraham paid for a CAM INSTALL and a CLUTCH, NOT TUNING. He is running a VERY AGGRESSIVE stage 2 Crower cam on a STOCK MOTOR. Im not responsible for how well or how crappy the car runs. I was paid to do an INSTALL and an INSTALL only. We made a mistake, CORRECTED THE MISTAKE and he still stiffed us on payment.

Just thought everyone should know what a scammer he is and not to do business with him. I have contacted our lawyer an filed a mechanics Lien on his car so i will see him in court. In this business shops MAKE mistakes, but when you are willing to admit that mistake and take care of the customer, it just appauls me how someone can screw you over.

Big Baller
07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Dirty Bitch

Wurm
07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
his motor gonna fuck up again cause he dont maintain it :)

OG-Skinny
07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Start taking half up front and the other half, or what's left of the bill when the car is delievered. Most people that don't have money will walk away right then.

Good luck in court.. either way, you'll get the money, or a nice 2002 civic.. lol

EmminoDaGreat
07-13-2006, 11:52 AM
lol /\, true

BTEC
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I WOULDNT STAND FOR IT. THATS ALL IM GOING TO SAY.

B16a2 Civic
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
damn, thats a fucked up situation

drmcivicsi
07-13-2006, 11:55 AM
damn

N/A EK
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
damn , that sucks.

speedminded
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Informing someone of a problem, having it happen, and then Mainstream spots the tow and part is FAR above and beyond the call of duty :goodjob:

It's one thing to not make any money off a job because of a mistake but to not get paid for it and lose money after taking steps that rarely any other shop would do is bullshit.

Hulud
07-13-2006, 12:24 PM
it never ceases to amaze me how people like to fuck extremely nice and outgoing people over

i have used mainstream in the past and will continue to in the future because of the great attitude that mike and charles both have. they are probably the most friendly shop in the atlanta area from what i can tell

ATK_Designs
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
what an ass. I bet you would win in court. I'd have offered to pay half the towing fee if you did all that to me.

He will not win because:

1. You're not an insurance company - not reliable for car rental.
2. This is NOT a repair, but a modification, which is optional, based on the owner of a car.

Therefore, it's his responsibility to have a mean of transportation, etc. There is no Guaranteed time interval of fixing his car.

So he's screwed if he want to play that game.

Keep it up Mike.

TRINI4LIFE
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Man that blows, take his ass to court. :2up: :2up:

turbolaser6
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
that suxs.....i havent personally used mainstream but i heard tons of great things about the shop.....but yeah i agree with SKINNY....taking half now and half then would be better than not getting anything at all...peace

BABY J
07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Naah. 1/2 now and 1/2 later does not work that well because there are on-going projects. But what DOES work is ensuring that customers understand that they will not get their car back until the checks clear.

turbolaser6
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
^thats some good thinking...yep thats the way to go!!

KevinT707
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't pay Mainstream either, like I never have & never will. Everything they have ever done to my car was all FREE!! :)

I'm JK, I owe alot of money .. charged it to the game ;)

BABY J
07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
EF #1 will be seeing the shop pretty soon. And I trust their work 100% as long as that NOOB VTECKIDD doesn't touch it. I trust every1 else's wrenching though. Something about Mike I don't like though... I think it's b/c he's black.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
damn..

You guys went above and beyond a normal shop would do and you didn't even know the guy. Atleast Tom @ A/H is a good friend and I was able to keep my car there for a week after it was fuxored and unable to drive.

you guys will win. you have the documentation..

suprised the asshat hasn't responded to this thread

speedminded
07-13-2006, 01:34 PM
EF #1 will be seeing the shop pretty soon. And I trust their work 100% as long as that NOOB VTECKIDD doesn't touch it. I trust every1 else's wrenching though. Something about Mike I don't like though... I think it's b/c he's black.lolol :lmfao:

SOHC MONSTER
07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that mike. You paid chris to take that guy home?? Chris wipes his ass with hundreds... :lmfao: J/P I hope he gets what he deserves. Most places won't take check anymore unless they have telecheck and its b/c of ass hats like him.

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
that's fuked up...yeah you guys went way above and beyond the call of duty..then dude is gonna pull some fucked up shit like that. shit after ya'll take his money and his ride, ya'll should go beat his ass.:lmao: :D ..can't wait till i have the money and that motor i want, and bring it all to the shop! :D Mainstream Performance FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 03:36 PM
There has been talk that after we reposess the car we will have a Dyno Day an charge $5 a swing with a baseball bat...

-Seymour222

speedminded
07-13-2006, 03:49 PM
There has been talk that after we reposess the car we will have a Dyno Day an charge $5 a swing with a baseball bat...

-Seymour222nawww, 250 shot on the dyno! :D

Bruce Leroy
07-13-2006, 04:08 PM

-Seymour222

can i have the motor first??

I'm serious.....

GTScoob
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
nawww, 250 shot on the dyno! :D

I like your thinking. See how much nitrous a stock motor will take (hell even take bets on the final amount that will blow the motor) and then sell tickets to smash it.

There's no way this guy's case will hold up in court, hopefully he'll realize that you were helping his ass out in a way most shops would never even offer.

SPOOLIN
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
lol, loss of wages, that shit really cracked me up. YOU FUCKER, YOU WERE AT WORK AND YOU FUCKING KNOW IT. NO company would use that EXCUSE!!!!

BABY J
07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I got $100 that says a stock D will take a 200 shot. NEbody wanna see/raise my $100?

speedminded
07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
He was in here an hour ago, look at all that money... :tongue:

CivEx
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
All of you can talk $hit but you don’t know both sides. Mainstream if you going to make a thread bashing me put it all out there don’t hold back all your PMs and your Thread has some untruthfulness to it but that’s fine you want to act like a spoiled child I will see you in court! Were is your threat to come to my house and my response of JUST DO IT that’s the first thing you had to say to me so yeah lets go to court and when the case is closed and you can “legally” talk about it to the public I will be sure to get copies of the court transcripts and post it on IA for everyone to read and see the real truth!!!!!

BABY J
07-13-2006, 04:33 PM
All of you can talk $hit but you don’t know both sides. Mainstream if you going to make a thread bashing me put it all out there don’t hold back all your PMs and your Thread has some untruthfulness to it but that’s fine you want to act like a spoiled child I will see you in court! Were is your threat to come to my house and my response of JUST DO IT that’s the first thing you had to say to me so yeah lets go to court and when the case is closed and you can “legally” talk about it to the public I will be sure to get copies of the court transcripts and post it on IA for everyone to read and see the real truth!!!!!

Hush man. Did you pay them for the work that they DID do? NO! /thread

ATK_Designs
07-13-2006, 04:35 PM

yadiyadiya.

I don't know your side, but based on the PMs you've responded to him, not even a stupid judge will buy that. I mean come on:

1. Car rental from a performance shop to install your performance mod?
2. Pay you back for you not having a car and come back and forth?
3. Paid for your rental and fix your parts for free? WTF. I'd like to see someone do that to me.

WTF are you dreaming?

About the threats, etc. We don't know, but shit, if I was him, we'd be at your house the next day already.

CivEx
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
ill post the Trans.....

yadiyadiya.

I don't know your side, but based on the PMs you've responded to him, not even a stupid judge will buy that. I mean come on:

1. Car rental from a performance shop to install your performance mod?
2. Pay you back for you not having a car and come back and forth?
3. Paid for your rental and fix your parts for free? WTF. I'd like to see someone do that to me.

WTF are you dreaming?

About the threats, etc. We don't know, but shit, if I was him, we'd be at your house the next day already.

BABY J
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
And anyway you slice it you passed a hott check. There was NEVER intent to pay MSP... if there was why not TALK to the owner/manager BEFORE hand, rahter than just stopping payment on the check? The judge will see that there is/was NO intent to EVER pay them for the work. If I am gonna refuse payment from some1 that does a service I am gonna TELL them, not be slick about it by stopping payment. FURTHERMORE the judge will see that MSP went ABOVE AND BEYOND what any shop would do to make it right with you. It's gonna be a rude awakening for you when not only do you HAVE to pay for services rendered, but for courtcosts as well or go to jail over a few hundred measely dollars. Choose your battles retard.

CivEx
07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a lot o respect for most IA members but some of you “you know who I am talking about” have to much time and you love drama!!!

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 04:41 PM
If anyone would like to comment to him personally, here is his Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/doubledee_dd

BTEC
07-13-2006, 04:41 PM
U CANT JUST WRITE A CHECK, GET UR CAR, CANCEL THAT SHIT, AND WHEN THEY CALL BE LIKE "OHHHH, I DID THAT BC... THATS BULLSHIT!! AND THATS AFTER THEY WENT OUT THEIR WAY TO HELP U OUT BC THEY FELT BAD FOR MESSING UP THE FIRST TIME. U GOT NERVES DUDE, FUH REAL.

I HEARD OF PPL GETTING SHOT IN NEW YORK FOR CUTTING SOMEBODY OFF WHILE DRIVING. WONDER HOW THIS WOULD GO OVER UP THERE? LOL!!

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I have a lot o respect for most IA members but some of you “you know who I am talking about” have to much time and you love drama!!!
we made a mistake an we fixed it an you stiffed us, what is your arguement? thats right you have none

speedminded
07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
All of you can talk $hit but you don’t know both sides. Mainstream if you going to make a thread bashing me put it all out there don’t hold back all your PMs and your Thread has some untruthfulness to it but that’s fine you want to act like a spoiled child I will see you in court! Were is your threat to come to my house and my response of JUST DO IT that’s the first thing you had to say to me so yeah lets go to court and when the case is closed and you can “legally” talk about it to the public I will be sure to get copies of the court transcripts and post it on IA for everyone to read and see the real truth!!!!!You mean Mike didn't cook you breakfast and read you the paper every morning too? How about pick out your clothes and put on your shoes?

Business or not if you screw with someones money you will get threatened. You think you have a case of terroristic threats from a PM? Paul's not gonna be too happy after hearing this.

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I never threatened him, i told him i would come visit him, thats it. every other PM to my knowledge has been posted. Anyone that knows me knows im not stupid enough to PM someone a threat .

Hes just mad cause he got called out.

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
read his profile LOL
Birthday:
July 7, 1981
Car:
Broke and need a good job. Want to sponsor me!!!
Car stats:
Cars; Making impossible possible
letting you sponsor me!!!

Big Baller
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Ill buy his car when you get it, hows $425 sound?

Vteckidd
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
sounds great to me Matt!

The Golden Child
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
U CANT JUST WRITE A CHECK, GET UR CAR, CANCEL THAT SHIT, AND WHEN THEY CALL BE LIKE "OHHHH, I DID THAT BC... THATS BULLSHIT!! AND THATS AFTER THEY WENT OUT THEIR WAY TO HELP U OUT BC THEY FELT BAD FOR MESSING UP THE FIRST TIME. U GOT NERVES DUDE, FUH REAL.

I HEARD OF PPL GETTING SHOT IN NEW YORK FOR CUTTING SOMEBODY OFF WHILE DRIVING. WONDER HOW THIS WOULD GO OVER UP THERE? LOL!!

this is very true ..

BABY J
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Look man... you made a bad judgement call that's gonna cost you more in the end man. Let's look at what you got FOR FREE.

** 3 NEW OEM valves --> (only 1 was bent, but they installed 4) ($$)

** free decking of the head --(not standard in head R&R) ($$)

** free head cleaning -- (not standard in head R&R, but good for a shop to do) ($$)

** free "diagnostic" -- (notification of corroded CPS) Not to mention, you were told of this BEFORE you left MSP with the vehicle. (I have seen $75 charges for diagnostics if you do not get the repairs done there)

** free tow (ANY SHOP ON EARTH would have said: "Tow it in, and if it's something that WE broke, we will reimburse you for the tow. If it something ELSE, the tow bill is yours." When they got the car it was found that it was the CPS, part or REGULAR wear and tear... NOT something they did. They STILL payed for your tow. ($130.00)

** free CPS sensor ($30 parts, not to mention labor).

EVEN HAD YOU PAID, YOU WOULD HAVE STILL GOT ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR FREE!!! DO THE MATH IDIOT!!!!

** FREE CHANCE TO GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ASS B/C IT'S GONNA GET HANDED TO YOU IN COURT?? PRICELESS!!

The Golden Child
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Look man... you made a bad judgement call that's gonna cost you more in the end man. Let's look at what you got FOR FREE.

** 3 valves --> only 1 was bent

** free decking of the head --(not standard in head R&R)

** head cleaning -- (not standard in head R&R)

** free "diagnostic" -- (notification of corroded CPS)(not to mention, you were told of this BEFORE you left MSP with the vehicle. (I have seen $75 charges for this)

** free tow (ANY SHOP ON EARTH would have said: "Tow it in, and if it's something that WE broke, we will reimburse you for the tow. If it something ELSE, the tow bill is yours." When they got the car it was found that it was the CPS, part or REGULAR wear and tear... NOT something they did. They STILL payed for your tow. ($130.00)

** free CPS sensor ($30 parts, not to mention labor)

** FREE CHANCE TO GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ASS B/C IT'S GONNA GET HANDED TO YOU IN COURT?? PRICELESS

nice one J ..

BABY J
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
EDITED --> http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34750323&postcount=45

brads94accord
07-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I can't wait until this goes to court and the judge owns this guy in front of everyone...then maybe it might give him a nice smack in the face of reality, integrity, and money management.

Even if your judge only had the education of a basic undergraduate Gen-ed business law class it wont even hold up...maintstream FTW!

SLow_POke
07-13-2006, 08:20 PM
holy shit Mike thats fuked up.
YOU ARE THE ONLY PERFORMANCE SHOP I KNOW OF THAT WOULD GO ABOVE AND BEYON LIKE THAT.

shows alot of respect for MainStream.:goodjob:

Just whoa!!!!!

hit me up 411
-Ernie

Tracy
07-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Well..all I have to say is.....Mike you know. We talk about this kind of stuff all of the time. Glad you have your paperwork in order. AND..DON'T EVER TAKE A CHECK FROM ANYONE AGAIN. This is the reason we don't do it. You cannot trust anyone! We have taken chck on rare occasions, but we don not order parts or give the car back until the check is cleared. The only time we have taken a check recently is for someone who didn't know and they drove her from Tennessee and that's all they brough for parts.

Either way, you got this. Take him to court. It's probably not worth yur time, but it's the point. Good luck and I got yo back. I watch a lot of Judge Judy :D

rupertaker
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Ill buy his car when you get it, hows $425 sound?

I'll double whatever this jerk offers!

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
the 250 shot of wet wet on the dyno and the 5 bucks a swing with a baseball bat, metal baseball bat preferably, would be nice :D :lmfao: hell you could charge just 1 dollar a swing and ya'll could make up the money yous guys lost and then some in like less than a hour, lol..

this is getting off topic here, but when i was a noob, i was a dumb ass mislead ricer in some ways, rice FTMFL...but anyways, Mike took time of the course of the months i have been on here to help me out with problems and inform me on the correct way of how things go and suggest good ideasfor motors,mods, etc... I've ALWAY heard from a lot of peeps that Mike is kinda of guy that NO MATTER HOW BUSY HE IS WILL ALWAYS TAKE THE TIME OUT OF HIS DAY TO HELP YOU IF AT ALL POSSBLE. yet again i say Mike and Mainstream Performance FTMFW son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABY J
07-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Mike sucks. Later, QD.

~runs

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
lolerskatez! :D :lmao:

rupertaker
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Mike sucks. Later, QD.

~runs

You forgot the ''LOLOL''.

haha.

Senko
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
omg this guy is a retard. hey mainstream, after reading this, You guys went so far out of your way for this dude, and he screwed you hardcore. Mad props for you guys. And best of luck against this chicken shit.

i4_garage
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
i will kep his car....wat is the model?year?color? etc.?etc.?etc.? ... lol,,...i hate scammers ....

Julio
07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
this guy gets the dumbest award of IA EVER.. how the fuck he thinks hes going to win this in court ? After he signed invoices of work done? hahah what a fucking moron.

HE should be stab in his balls with a rusty screw driver faggot.

BABY J
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
this guy gets the dumbest award of IA EVER.. how the fuck he thinks hes going to win this in court ? After he signed invoices of work done? hahah what a fucking moron.

HE should be stab in his balls with a rusty screw driver faggot.

Flathead or phillips? :thinking:

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 09:17 PM
both...but wait.... he might enjoy that though....:screwy: ......:lmfao: :lmfao:

Sibious
07-13-2006, 09:45 PM
:iaowns: CIVex

EP3sAreFun
07-14-2006, 01:19 AM
I do rental cars at a Dealership and we dont give every customer a rental car and these are for a repair service... its a case by case basis. and most of the time the customer has to pay lol

*sigh* this is funny....

Black R
07-14-2006, 01:44 AM
pwn that kid!

OvErMiNd
07-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Ed Abraham paid for a CAM INSTALL and a CLUTCH, NOT TUNING. He is running a VERY AGGRESSIVE stage 2 Crower cam on a STOCK MOTOR. Im not responsible for how well or how crappy the car runs.

You said you crank the car with 'ZERO issues' AND you said you drove it for an hour and it was fine.....I'm confused as to why you said it was fine and dandy when it obviously wasn't.

Yes, I know you're not responsible for the tune or anything. I just didn't see those parts matching up.

Black R
07-14-2006, 03:35 AM
You said you crank the car with 'ZERO issues' AND you said you drove it for an hour and it was fine.....I'm confused as to why you said it was fine and dandy when it obviously wasn't.

Yes, I know you're not responsible for the tune or anything. I just didn't see those parts matching up.

it sounds like it was running fine for what was installed. those types of parts usually need tuning to make power though.

Ludester
07-14-2006, 04:01 AM
oh my... being that I am a business law major from reading what was said (granted that that's all that was said and done). This guy has no chance against MSP.....

Good luck with the court case MSP. Even though you don't really need it but none the less good luck....

HiPSI
07-14-2006, 08:29 AM
He will not win because:

1. You're not an insurance company - not reliable for car rental.
2. This is NOT a repair, but a modification, which is optional, based on the owner of a car.

Therefore, it's his responsibility to have a mean of transportation, etc. There is no Guaranteed time interval of fixing his car.

couldn't have said it better. it's not like you were dropping off a lemon for a dealer to work on, you dropped off a car for performance work... how the hell can you expect a rental car out of that?

if you don't want to pay someone to do the work then learn to do it yourself or be prepared PAY UP, even when problems arise that makes it take longer than expected. cutting a check and stopping payment is a bitch move that only a broke ass motherfucker pulls.

2.0civic
07-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Mike, due to legal action and what not going on, im locking this thread so it doesnt get out of hand. i respect your decision to make the thread and to inform us but im locking it for now. you have the power to unlock so if you choose to do so, i respect that too.

2.0civic
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
any new news?

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-09-2006, 01:48 AM
^^ wonderiin the same thing

Halfwit
08-09-2006, 07:25 AM
~now is wondering the same thing~~

BTEC
08-09-2006, 07:34 AM
IF U CAN GET RIPPED OFF, CAN U GET RIPPED ON? :thinking:

Halfwit
08-09-2006, 08:14 AM
IF U CAN GET RIPPED OFF, CAN U GET RIPPED ON? :thinking:
no one cares, tell us how it ended.

BTEC
08-09-2006, 08:20 AM
no one cares, tell us how it ended.
WELL I HAD ONE OF MY HOMEBOYS LOOK UP HIS ADDRESS AND WE PAYED OLE DUDE A VISIT. WELL TO MAKE THE STORY SHORT, I LEFT MY PHONE IN MY CAR SO I COULDNT TAKE PIC TO POST OF THE BEAT DOWN AND ROBBERY WE BROUGHT TO HIM. I DROVE HIS CAR BACK TO MY THEFT RECOVERY "BATCAVE" YARD. AFTER I GET THE TITLE I WILL BE POSTING ALOT OF SHIT IN THE CAR PARTS SECTION. KEEP UR EYES OPEN.

AND YES, HE DOES SCREAM LIKE A SISSY IN PERSON.

The Ren
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
this disgusts me... Mike you and your shop went far beyond what you had to do and the fact you had someone drive him home because he lived so far is amazing customer service.. this is how some people think they can get thier shit done for free.. well too bad fucker wont have this car once everything is all said and done. How dare he put a stop payment because "hes out over 1000 bucks".. He should have thought about all this before he brought the car to the shop.. period. I think he should be banned from IA..

ATK_Designs
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
in for updates.

BTEC
08-09-2006, 09:35 AM
this disgusts me... Mike you and your shop went far beyond what you had to do and the fact you had someone drive him home because he lived so far is amazing customer service.. this is how some people think they can get thier shit done for free.. well too bad fucker wont have this car once everything is all said and done. How dare he put a stop payment because "hes out over 1000 bucks".. He should have thought about all this before he brought the car to the shop.. period. I think he should be banned from IA..
I TOOK CARE OF IT GAWD!!

4dmin
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
this is pretty funny, i wonder if there are any other laws considering it is a form of theft to sign/pay for something then stop payment.

A+ for Mainstream i hope people know this is why we only work w/ top knotch companies, i'm sorry but not many shops will go out of their way customers like that. :goodjob:

2.0civic
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
this is pretty funny, i wonder if there are any other laws considering it is a form of theft to sign/pay for something then stop payment.

A+ for Mainstream i hope people know this is why we only work w/ top knotch companies, i'm sorry but not many shops will go out of their way customers like that. :goodjob:

No doubt! Ive seen mike PERSONALLY go WAY above and beyond on many situations. as far as civEX, WTF was he thinking?

4dmin
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
How to Sue for a "Stop Payment" Check

If you sue someone who has stopped payment on a check written to you, it is possible under some circumstances to be awarded the damages allowed by the "bad check" law under section 1719 of the California Civil Code. These damages would be, in addition to the face value of the check, three times the amount of the check with at least a $100 penalty and a maximum of $1500.

The following conditions must be met in the case of a stop payment check:

1. You must send the maker of the check by certified mail a notice providing the information given in the sample below.

2. You must produce in court a copy of your written demand and a signed, certified mail receipt showing its delivery, or attempted delivery if refused, to the maker's address.

3. You must prove that the maker did not stop payment in order to resolve a good faith dispute with you. Examples of a good faith dispute would be the maker's claim that the goods were not delivered, were defective or that there was an overcharge.

4. You must be able to show in court that you made a reasonable effort to resolve the dispute before going to court.

If you have not received payment within 30 days from the date you mailed the notice you may file your claim in Small Claims ($5,000 limit) or in Municipal Court.

Notice

(Sample: STOP PAYMENT CHECK DEMAND LETTER)

Send Certified mail, return receipt requested

Date:_____________ (insert date here)

__________________ (insert name of check writer here)

__________________ (insert address here)

__________________ (insert name of Check Recipient/Payee here) is the payee of a check you wrote for $________ (insert amount of check here).

The check was not paid because you stopped payment, and the payee demands payment. You may have a good faith dispute as to whether you owe the full amount. If you do not have a good faith dispute with the payee and fail to pay the payee (1) the full amount of the check in cash, (2) a service charge of an amount not to exceed twenty-five dollars ($25) for the first check passed on insufficient funds and an amount not to exceed thirty-five dollars ($35) for each subsequent check passed on insufficient funds, and (3) the costs to mail this notice within 30 days after this notice was mailed, you could be sued and held responsible to pay at least both of the following:

1. The amount of the check.

2. Damages of at least one hundred dollars ($100) or, if higher, three times the amount of the check up to one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500).

If the court determines that you do have a good faith dispute with the payee, you will not have to pay the service charge, treble damages, or mailing cost. If you stopped payment because you have a good faith dispute with the payee, you should try to work out your dispute with the payee. You can contact the payee at:

__________________ (insert name of payee/check recipient here)

__________________ (insert street address here)

You may wish to contact a lawyer to discuss your legal rights and responsibilities.

____________________________ (your signature)

hey mike and others i found this :goodjob:

Wurm
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
hmm thats for cali

99SI
08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm thinking possibly theft by conversion or theft by deception would be an appropriate charge in this instance. However, I am not a legal eagle so I really can only speculate. I have informed Mike on the appropriate way to go about getting a mechanic's lien and receiving a judgement against this disgraceful human. Once he gets the judgement if this guy doesn't want to make amends then he can apply to have a sheriff's sale where the Sheriff's department will take his shit and sell it at public auction to cover the amount of the judgement. I've had to do this several times since I own a buy here pay here used car lot and know the process quite well, it's very satisfying and rewarding also when you can give it back to someone who thinks they are going to fuck you and get away with it. I still think this thread should be locked since this is an ongoing legal situation and anything said could possibly jeopardize that.

4dmin
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
^ doesn't matter i'm sure GA law is very similiar, you can't ACCEPT A WRITTEN AGREEMENT, SIGN FOR IT, THEN STOP PAYMENT AFTER SERVICES/PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN RECIEVED... it is a form of theft.

if i was this dude he better get a dayum good lawyer b/c he isn't gonna win ;)

Vteckidd
08-09-2006, 09:51 AM
hey mike and others i found this :goodjob:
already filled out an turned in. Court date is coming soon, end of this month. if he doesnt show then i get a judgement for us and we can LEGALLY repossess his car or put a lien on it :)

The Ren
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
already filled out an turned in. Court date is coming soon, end of this month. if he doesnt show then i get a judgement for us and we can LEGALLY repossess his car or put a lien on it :)

good! Keep us up to date!

Big Baller
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Repo Ill buy it

4dmin
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM

nice if you repo it we should do something w/ it at the next Drift Fury :lmfao:

The Ren
08-09-2006, 09:54 AM
nice if you repo it we should do something w/ it at the next Drift Fury :lmfao:

I LIKE THAT IDEA!!

99SI
Doesn't matter? Whatchumean? I was saying if it were looked at as a "criminal" case I would think possibly theft by conversion or theft by deception would be a charge that could possibly stick. If they wanted to pursue that route they would need to file for a warrant hearing and prove to a judge why they should issue a criminal warrant for the man. I told Mike he would be best served by pursuing it in civil court, (mechanic's lien judgement), which would be the quickest and easiest way to get payment as well as any associated costs.

Vteckidd
i already have something in mind.

MAINSTREAM DYNO DAY
-$5 a swing with a baseball bat, keep what you knock off

The Ren
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
^bwahahahahah

Halfwit
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM

MAINSTREAM DYNO DAY
ok but if i knock off a mirror, im gonna say i actually knocked the car from the mirror, so i take the car, andthe rest of the ppl sit there and hit a mirror.

4dmin
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM

MAINSTREAM DYNO DAY

you should have a midget wrestling match on it... midget first blood match :D

BTEC
08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
you should have a midget wrestling match on it... midget first blood match :D
DNT SAY MIDGET, SEYMOUR222 IS ONLINE AND HE HAS A MIDGET FETISH.

4dmin
08-09-2006, 10:02 AM
^ lol midgets rule :D

99SI
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Might be able to get Bridget the Midget. :D

D15B
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Damn thats messed mainstream went all the way out they way for that asshole and he basicly stole from you well him if court dosent werk theres always the old fasioned ass beating thats just ass good as getting sum1's ride..............in my opinion even if yall get his car yall shuld still fuck that pussy ass nigga up

preferredduck
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
screw that arshole

1SwollDude
08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
all i have to say is WOW..i dont know mainstream that well ive been there a few times and theyve taken care of me..but a shop that is willing to go that extra mile for someone when they didnt have to do all they did is awesome really shows what kinda shop they are and how well they take care of their customers..for a guy to do that to them after all they did for him is just crazy...i just bought a honda and if i ever need some work done you can bet mike will be the first person i call hands down...hope it all works out for ya mike..

RandomGuy
08-19-2006, 11:58 PM
hrm...
I think i sold this "charles" guy from mainstream a CB7 Accord a good while back, I'm wondering how it's doing.

David88vert
08-20-2006, 08:59 AM
CivEX, I had a shop for 10 years. Trust me, you have no leg to stand on in court. You will lose - big time. The simple thing to do is pay the measly $425. It is cheaper, and it is the right thing to do.

2.0civic
08-20-2006, 09:04 AM
CivEX, I had a shop for 10 years. Trust me, you have no leg to stand on in court. You will lose - big time. The simple thing to do is pay the measly $425. It is cheaper, and it is the right thing to do.

i think thats what everyone in this thread has told him, lol.

Any updates from MSP?

or even from CivEX??

Racer_Rumone
08-21-2006, 03:16 PM
i dropped my 91 civic si off at mainstream to have a tranny installed... they did the work, but things happened that made it hard for me to get the car when it was ready... yall know how it is when you tryin to do stuff the rite way... gonna always run into brick walls... wanted to do a part now, part later but they didn't do that... so i was forced to let the car go... didn't want to... i knew that if i paid part now, part later, i could drop off a lil bit every week, and hopefully have it paid off in less than a month... but like most shops, they were continuously adding the storage fee... until it was like almost 3000 bucks... well, i don't blame them for my loss... i just wish that they would've have gave me a chance to do a weekly payment plan... or atleast taken the half now, half when i pick it up... then i would've still had my car... but hopefully it went to worthy person... there wasn't a whole lot special about it, but it was mine... and i had big plans for it... i'm gonna continue to keep in touch with Mainstream just because of the work that i've seen them do... but in the future, i think i'll just pay for the work upfront... that way, i'll know that it's taken care of... and i won't have to worry about life's obstacles making it hard for me to pay my debts...

The Golden Child
08-21-2006, 03:44 PM

MAINSTREAM DYNO DAY

ill buy it from you for $5 bucks .. =P
use it as a daily driver ..

Seymour222
08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
i dropped my 91 civic si off at mainstream to have a tranny installed... they did the work, but things happened that made it hard for me to get the car when it was ready... yall know how it is when you tryin to do stuff the rite way... gonna always run into brick walls... wanted to do a part now, part later but they didn't do that... so i was forced to let the car go... didn't want to... i knew that if i paid part now, part later, i could drop off a lil bit every week, and hopefully have it paid off in less than a month... but like most shops, they were continuously adding the storage fee... until it was like almost 3000 bucks... well, i don't blame them for my loss... i just wish that they would've have gave me a chance to do a weekly payment plan... or atleast taken the half now, half when i pick it up... then i would've still had my car... but hopefully it went to worthy person... there wasn't a whole lot special about it, but it was mine... and i had big plans for it... i'm gonna continue to keep in touch with Mainstream just because of the work that i've seen them do... but in the future, i think i'll just pay for the work upfront... that way, i'll know that it's taken care of... and i won't have to worry about life's obstacles making it hard for me to pay my debts...

Who are you?

ATK_Designs
08-21-2006, 04:03 PM

Please try to type normally. It's freaking hard to read like this.

By the way, who are you?

Hulud
08-21-2006, 05:51 PM

MAINSTREAM DYNO DAY
id pay for 4 hits, honestly

Tracy
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM

I'm not really sure what this has to do with this thread in particular but.....

Lots of people have things "that make it hard" for them to pay their bill when it's ready. Unfortunately shops are just that...shops, not banks. We need to get paid just like anyone else or else it makes it hard for us to pay our bills when we need to...It's kind of a vicious cycle ;) I KNOW that we really can't afford to let people's car sit here for an unknown amount of time.

None the less, sorry about your loss. But they had to do what they had to do.

Vteckidd
08-21-2006, 08:29 PM

Your Civic SI was dropped off October 2005. Your tranny had a bad differential. We quoted you a replacement tranny an install. We did the work.

3 months go buy with no payment, no contact, etc. At this time you wanted to come get the car for the original bill. Charles said you had to pay the $15 a day storage bill which added up to $2xxx. He told you that if your brought $700 by that friday, hed waive the rest of the storage bill.

we never heard from you again, you PMed me saying we could keep the car, i applied for a title for it, got it, parted the car out an junked it.

Sorry it turned out that way, but we are a BUSINESS, we have to make money any way we can within reason. Im sorry you lost your car, but put yourself in our shoes. We did service to a car an never (even to this day) got paid for it. We have to recoupe our losses somehow.

2.0civic
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Your Civic SI was dropped off October 2005. Your tranny had a bad differential. We quoted you a replacement tranny an install. We did the work.

3 months go buy with no payment, no contact, etc. At this time you wanted to come get the car for the original bill. Charles said you had to pay the $15 a day storage bill which added up to $2xxx. He told you that if your brought $700 by that friday, hed waive the rest of the storage bill.

we never heard from you again, you PMed me saying we could keep the car, i applied for a title for it, got it, parted the car out an junked it.

Sorry it turned out that way, but we are a BUSINESS, we have to make money any way we can within reason. Im sorry you lost your car, but put yourself in our shoes. We did service to a car an never (even to this day) got paid for it. We have to recoupe our losses somehow.

damn. even parted you probably still didnt get what the original bill was for. Funny thing is (ive worked at two shops before and still work at one of them part time) but if ANYTHING would have happened to their car, they would hold YOU responsible for it even though the car shouldnt even be there.

an0therh22
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
any updates on CivEx? im very nosy sry lol

Sushi
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Repo his car and donate the car to a needy family why fuck up a perfectly good car when someone else could use it. or hell if your not gonna do that make it a mainstream rental car ;)

Dudeman
08-21-2006, 11:33 PM
i was there the day his car fubared and i remember being in the office when mike called a Honda dealership and i was there when seymour took him home too. for his benefit i hope he pays.

{X}Echo419
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
this is why I don't own a Honda..... :ninja:

Halfwit
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
this is why I don't own a Honda..... :ninja:
you mean you dont deserve a honda.

B16a2 Civic
08-22-2006, 09:08 AM

bwahahaha...

B16a2 Civic
08-22-2006, 09:08 AM
repped you

BlkCD5
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Its sad that people act like this towards Good shops. My dad was in a similar situation. A woman had exhaust work done to her car, but it turned out she used a stolen credit card to pay for it. Needless to say, the car stayed in the shop for a year and a half, taking up a bay and attracting thieves since it had Tv screens and other audio stuff in it. It didn't take long for them to deebo that stuff. He had to go through all this bullshit just to get ownership of the car while the bitch was still in jail. The storage fees alone were worth 2x's the value of the car :screwy: :lmfao: . I hope all goes well.

{X}Echo419
08-22-2006, 10:34 AM
tru dat. I don't deserve to be treated like shit. :lmfao:

Goinfasterthanu
08-22-2006, 11:18 AM
tru dat. I don't deserve to be treated like shit. :lmfao:

lol you say thay and you have a vr4? {just reading your sig...} Those are the WORST cars ever...

{X}Echo419
08-22-2006, 11:40 AM
lol you say thay and you have a vr4? {just reading your sig...} Those are the WORST cars ever...
that's easy to say when you're "Goinfasterthanu" :lmfao:

PSINXS
08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
jeremy's honda would run circles around the vr-4.

{X}Echo419
08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
jeremy's honda would run circles around the vr-4.
it better. he's got The name. :yes:

grnracerchik
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
any updates?

Formally...
08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Update. This is what we do to your car if you do not pay.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2252000-2252999/2252898_11_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2252000-2252999/2252898_18_full.jpg

Just kidding. Mike is working on the paper work needed. We are very busy and it is hard to stop working on GOOD PAYING CUSTOMER's cars to fight this. We will keep you updated. Later.

Halfwit
08-23-2006, 09:45 AM
i dont know what would do more damage, the jeep or that high jumping man....im gonna go withthe man though.

BTEC
08-23-2006, 09:50 AM
i dont know what would do more damage, the jeep or that high jumping man....im gonna go withthe man though.
YEAH ME 2. I THINK HE WEIGHS MORE. LOL!!!

DAMN, I GOT A VIDEO OF MY RUNNING AND JUMPING ON THE ROOF OF THE CIVIC, SHIT IS HOT BUT I CANT POST IT BC I DNT KNOW HOW.

HEY CHARLES, I WANTED THAT HOOD. NOT REALLY BUT CAN I ATLEAST TRY TO BLACKMALE YOU LIKE I DID? LOL

B20brid
08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Sorry this happened to such a good shop and nice people!!! But you he will get his...

SLow_POke
08-23-2006, 05:31 PM

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2252000-2252999/2252898_11_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2252000-2252999/2252898_18_full.jpg

Just kidding. Mike is working on the paper work needed. We are very busy and it is hard to stop working on GOOD PAYING CUSTOMER's cars to fight this. We will keep you updated. Later.

holy shit that dude got some fuken AIR.:eek:

i been to MSPi only a few times and the first i seen it that empty.

-Ernie

2.0civic
09-03-2006, 09:45 PM
updates?

mnjh94
09-04-2006, 01:57 AM
does civex ever response to this????

Racer_Rumone
09-20-2006, 01:11 AM
i was simply stating my situation... as far as i could tell from my visits while my car was there, they do some dayum good work... and i will refer people to them... but i will be sure to let them know that they need to have enuff money to do the work... hey Mike, i sent u some messages about some parts that i needed for other folks, but it seems like you are ignoring me... if that's the case, let me know and i'll be sure to look elsewhere for parts and service... although we had one bad deal ($400 worth), doesn't mean that we can't have future dealings... and to those who don't know, they could've sold my car for $400 and got their money... it wasn't the best lookin car in the world... but it was an si... and unless Mike was lying when he told me about how well it pulled after the tranny install, it was well worth $400... like i said Mike, hit me up on here or yahoo... and let me know if we can do bizness again... :cheers:

Halfwit
09-20-2006, 09:03 AM
ur gonna let your friends know they need enough money for the work? TELL YOURSELF

IronMonkey
09-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Bring that fool down. Damn kids.

Kalifornia087
10-05-2006, 05:00 PM

LoL!!

MS For The Win... Owning bitches On IA and in Court!

Atlboi_alway
10-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Good Luck on the case get his ass to pay for everything....

^^^ i go with the man too i wonder how he got tht much air off? any one got a pic of the car after his landing???

Ran
10-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Any updates on this?

Hulud
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
:stupid:

£G2♣
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM

ksniperfox
11-15-2006, 07:27 AM

butttt i really do hope they make fast with mine...i need to go look for a job and get to school lol..hard to keep catchin rides. and i will be payin 100% balance on the spot cash nigga

kennyboi
11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Updates
Thats sad if you don't have to money for the work
common sense should tell you don't get the work done
here's something you should try GET THE MONEY 1ST

josh green
11-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Good Luck on the case get his ass to pay for everything....

^^^ i go with the man too i wonder how he got tht much air off? any one got a pic of the car after his landing???
man its funny reading what you guys are saying about the guy jumping on the car. I wander who he is?

GIXXERDK
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
He does have a reason

Z33_kid
11-16-2006, 03:58 PM
red civic ?

Crucial
11-16-2006, 05:54 PM
wow man thats fuked up... yall put extra work in and you guys payed for his parts that he needed.... and he still fuked you guys over, thats horrible man, ive heard alot of things about the shop, and couple buddies of mine dynoed over there... u wont need any of my luck cuz ur win will be inevitable...

lataz

jt

§treet_§peed
11-16-2006, 06:11 PM
i thought this thread got locked?

unkn0wndj
11-17-2006, 12:06 AM
MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE FTW! You guys went above and beyond what a shop would do. That's like something a family would do. Great business principles.

EX-Svic
11-17-2006, 08:11 AM
And to the person that sent me a PM say i suck ...fuck you read right its CivEX not Ex-Svic NOTICE THE DIFF....Duh! ..plus MSP is the shiznit I could never do something like this they are good people......that is all....Peace

Hulud
11-30-2006, 05:30 PM
any update mike?

SOHC97
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
that check shit was dirty. take his ***** ass to court mike get ur money and maybe a car. if dude was in ur shoes he would do the same.

kainkauz
01-15-2007, 05:41 AM
Ive heard bad things about mainstream before but after reading this yall are really good people i hope everything goes good for you in court.

Vteckidd
01-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Ive heard bad things about mainstream before but after reading this yall are really good people i hope everything goes good for you in court.
you would be the first person to say they heard bad things about us, who said something an what was it about?

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I've never heard bad things about MSP. Later, QD.

SLow_POke
01-15-2007, 10:12 AM

like they said whats the bad news? it would be a first if its even true:screwy:

2.0civic
01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
like they said whats the bad news? it would be a first if its even true:screwy:

that would definately be a first...

any update on civic guy?

jmmx258
02-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I just read it all. I'm definitely interested in hearing some updates!

RoadsterFit
02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
What a cockbag, u guys went WAY outta your way to help him too. Well, the rest of us apreicate it

boosted_nonv
03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
What ever happened with this case

thinkskater
03-05-2007, 09:36 PM
lol third time reading waitin to see what happens next

Sol-Badguy
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Yep.

I just read the whole thing, and I'm interested in what's going on.

I just used these guys for the first time the other day and I'll say that I'll go straight back there for more work. I guess it helps I only live about 5 minutes away. :goodjob:

We had some good laughs too..

babowc
03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
lol
funny story...
did msp lose?? we need updates!