PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of security travels usa?

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
so i "won" this 4 day 3 night cruise to the bahamas. I got the info on it and basically its $87.50 registering fee per person and a $99 port tax fee per person and i can take 1 other person. They said the hotel is paid for and everyting...i just have to pay for personal suff, like drinks, gambling, movies..Also they said the cruise ship is called the Discovery cruise ship. The travel agency is Security Travels USA and they are in St. Petersburg, Florida. So basically it sounds like it would be $400 for 2 people. How much does a cruise usually cost to the bahamas? I;ve never been on a cruise...is the port tax and register fee legit? And i have to claim it by tomorrow lol.

Ms Dollar
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
it's a scam

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:20 PM
yeah i figured...

Ms Dollar
07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
You should just go on like priceline.com or something. Cruises aren't all that expensive, and they are all-inclusive as well.

IanHavok
07-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Call the Better Business Buerau(sp?) or try looking the company and reviewers on the web. More than likely its a scam but its pretty interesting finding out how crappy they are through the BBB. My wife and I "won" a trip and called the BBB and sure enough they had tons of complaints about lying to customers and tacking on extra fees.

JennB
07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd be willing to bet if you pay it, you really get the cruise... BUT... you will have to sit through a long presentation for a timeshare, they will try really, really hard to get you to buy it, and you have no guarantee of how nice the ship/your room will be.

Cruises aren't really that expenseive.

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Call the Better Business Buerau(sp?) or try looking the company and reviewers on the web. More than likely its a scam but its pretty interesting finding out how crappy they are through the BBB. My wife and I "won" a trip and called the BBB and sure enough they had tons of complaints about lying to customers and tacking on extra fees.
i checked ripoffreport.com and couldnt find anything....searched yahoo and couldnt find anything on their business. I'm not looking to take a cruise right now...i have no money lol. I just entered this drawing when i was waiting for my food back in may and they just called me up 2 days ago and said i "won".

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I'd be willing to bet if you pay it, you really get the cruise... BUT... you will have to sit through a long presentation for a timeshare, they will try really, really hard to get you to buy it, and you have no guarantee of how nice the ship/your room will be.

Cruises aren't really that expenseive.
yeah...they said i wont sit through a presentation or anything but who knows lol. They said it was like a 1800 person ship with 8 decks i think. They said they can send me the information on the ship and vacation. But then they will probably charge postage lol.

GsrTurbo320
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
....man its gunna be like one of those.."I know what you did last summer" Series for you..

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
thanks, i just checked them out on bbb.org and they had 68 complaints in the last 36 months

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
here they are on the bbb... http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=18000166

TRINI4LIFE
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
it's a scam

Yeah what she said....

HvyArms
07-12-2006, 01:38 PM
it's a scam
I second that!

Do you have any warrants?

Bishop
07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
I second that!

Do you have any warrants?
lolol no....i saw that on cops though, funny shit.

ISAtlanta300
07-13-2006, 12:53 PM
i checked ripoffreport.com and couldnt find anything....searched yahoo and couldnt find anything on their business. I'm not looking to take a cruise right now...i have no money lol. I just entered this drawing when i was waiting for my food back in may and they just called me up 2 days ago and said i "won".

WOW !! You Won !! Lucky you !! Why don't you just enter the lottery too with that much luck??? LOL :)

Just joking with you, but....What you have just done, is opened the door for them to call you. Welcome to the world of annoying telemarketers. By "entering" the "drawing" (which is just a customer information data card, that they use, put into their system and even share with all their other companies), expect tons of junkmail and more annoying "you won !!" calls....

As a rule of thumb, never.. EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER fill out those "win this car" things at the mall, or those "register to win a vacation" thing at chinese take outs etc etc.... The main purpose of those things is to collect customer information for a consumer database. Which they will then use to call you and offer you vouchers, stays, trips, timeshare, airfare etc etc. Bottomline... they will annoy the sh!t out of you.

Cliff's notes: Don't bother with it. It's a scam. You can take day trips to bahamas for as low as $ 69 per person. $400?? GTFO of here.... I am also sure that does not even include your airfare from Atlanta to FLL.....

5thgcelica
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
awww craig, so we arent going on a cruise now?!?!

YOU BETTER MAKE IT UP TO ME!

lmao.