PDA

View Full Version : Will i get a damn break?!?!?!?

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I am posting more of MY life on IA.... so fucking sue me :blah:

I woke up this morning to notice my car not in my regular spot... go outside to see if i might of parked somewhere else to have a big yellow notice stuck on my door stating "IMPROPER PARKING TECHNIQUE"... WTF?! I call the towing company it was from and heres the conversation... i swear to god someone wants to end their life by pissing me off these days :no: :2up:

Me- I got a notice on my door, how much to get my car from your place?

Him- Ma'm You had your car backed into a spot therefore the police officer couldnt view your tag clearly on his nightly check in your neighborhood"

Me- I park backed in daily! there are other cars that are still out there that are parked like that and didnt get towed

Him- We believe this car did not belong there and possibly stolen, we will not have further conversation till you show or call back with proof of ownership and insurance with the VIN we ran that states its been totalled 2 years ago *click*

I call back with title information and insurance..

Him- Ma'm the vins do not match to what we ran... this is not your vehicle

Me- Let me guess you ran the vin on a dash which is removable in every car and not the one on the door jam or the engine bay?! My dash is from a 95 coupe

Him- Well ma'm we believe different and that you parked that way to cover something up

Me- GIVE ME MY FUCKING CAR!!!! *yes i said fuck, who cares*

Him- Ma'm we do not allow you to pick cars up from our lot, we do not like to see people wander our lots with the attitude you have, could possibly cause damage and cost us more. To get it to your house it will cost $167.00 We will see you between 10-2pm.

Me- NO THE HELL YOU WONT, you will bring my car that shouldnt be towed in the first place back before 1030, because some of us have to work and not be assholes and sit on our asses collecting money all day.

Him- Bye ma'm have a nice day. (now no answer when i call to ask if they are or are not bringing it to me

:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

B16a2 Civic
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
go up there and cause hell, how hard is it for the cop to get out the damn car and walk behind the car

collins
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
now THATS some bullshit right there! hell, i parked my car that way in your complex b4...... on several occasions..... and had no issues.... i'd be pissed too!

LiL PaKi
07-12-2006, 08:33 AM
damn.. that sucks :( ...hope you get it resolved soon

Wurm
damn

Halfwit
molotov time?

collins
molotov time? damn, son! you're starting to sound like youfus! :lmfao:

Wurm
07-12-2006, 08:34 AM
is there some kinda law that says you have to park where your tag can be seen?

fawk_you
07-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Thats bullshit girl! Damn im sorry to hear that.

civic95
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
When did they create a law that says you have to pull forward into your parking space? This is BULLSHIT.

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
go up there and cause hell, how hard is it for the cop to get out the damn car and walk behind the car

uhhh considering they have my car, i cant go there :thinking:

trust me i just took a picture of 3 cars in the same line mine was parked backwards and will take pictures late tonight also... :no: this is fucking lame... along with everything else lately

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:37 AM
is there some kinda law that says you have to park where your tag can be seen?

the front office of my complex just said they have no clue what this company nor the "police officer" are talking about. all we could come up wtih is he is one lazy ass bastard who was checking tags and didnt want to get out of his car... but why mine... there is right now cars worth twice as much backed in... :screwy: go for the big ballers and high quote them not the POS civic :cry:

collins
tell them to look at your avatar

Brett
Can you not go to the office of your complex and tell them to get your car back and they will pay the fine, since they are the ones who have these people patrol the lot

collins
07-12-2006, 08:38 AM
the front office of my complex just said they have no clue what this company nor the "police officer" are talking about. all we could come up wtih is he is one lazy ass bastard who was checking tags and didnt want to get out of his car... but why mine... there is right now cars worth twice as much backed in... :screwy: go for the big ballers and high quote them not the POS civic :cry:

they probably did it because the civic is one of the most stolen cars on the market right now, esp your generation... so maybe they thought they'd get lucky? still doesnt make it right, i'm just tryin to see their logic in it all

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Can you not go to the office of your complex and tell them to get your car back and they will pay the fine, since they are the ones who have these people patrol the lot

read above. they tried to contact the company to get the police officers name and stated that "he wasnt present at the time of arrival, that he just called"

so either somebody, and a few names just JUMP right out in mind want to be lame ass people and pull this shit, or he knew he was wrong and kept on "checkin tags"

boosted1jz
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
sorry to hear it :( i know the feeling of not being able to catch a break though :(

every time i think i have everything in line with my car something else breaks(alt this time) and then saturday on my way home from a wedding i get in a wreck on the hwy with my truck...... and now today i have been knocked down to only 1 bay at work because they keep hiring techs on when we cant even feed the techs we got....

hope you get your car back! and everything resolved

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
have a good buddy of mine coming to get me and go to the address on teh yellow paper... hopefully he will get my car cause i am one pissed off fucking wacko person these days...

Wurm
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
tow truck cant come get your car without the officer present thats bullshit

2.0civic
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
you should turn your wheels really hard next time so when they drag it, itll hit whoever you are parked next too and do damage then sue their ass. i think you should do that anyway and talk to your complex about WTF is going on with that, then report it to the police...or just report it to the police as being unlawfully taken from your residence...they should have some record of WHY it was taken

Ruiner
07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Ouch, that sucks. Sorry.

speedminded
07-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey krissy, the notice was on the front door of your house? How did they know what house was yours? By the parking spot it was in or the running the tag? Talk to the officers supervisor, don't even bother with the officer himself. Demand the car be returned with any lost wages you can come up with. If they saying something about the VIN on the dash tell them there was a small electrical fire ruining the original dash and it was replaced with one from a salvaged vehicle. As you mentioned, the door jamb, on the firewall, and on the fenders (if they haven't been replaced) all have the correct VIN number on it.

tow truck cant come get your car without the officer present thats bullshitWhere you hear that? Nobody has be present...

you should turn your wheels really hard next time so when they drag it, itll hit whoever you are parked next too and do damage then sue their ass. i think you should do that anyway and talk to your complex about WTF is going on with that, then report it to the police...or just report it to the police as being unlawfully taken from your residence...they should have some record of WHY it was takenThey'll just snatch from the opposite tow hook and it pulls straight, lolol.

The Yousef
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
damn i'm sorry krissy...

2.0civic
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey krissy, the notice was on the front door of your house? How did they know what house was yours? By the parking spot it was in or the running the tag? Talk to the officers supervisor, don't even bother with the officer himself. Demand the car be returned with any lost wages you can come up with. If they saying something about the VIN on the dash tell them there was a small electrical fire ruining the original dash and it was replaced with one from a salvaged vehicle. As you mentioned, the door jamb, on the firewall, and on the fenders (if they haven't been replaced) all have the correct VIN number on it.

Where you hear that? Nobody has be present...

They'll just snatch from the opposite tow hook and it pulls straight, lolol.

lolm i didnt think bout that, but its still fucked up

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-12-2006, 09:33 AM
damn baby, that sucks ass! does your property have vehicle towing signs on it? if not, you have a law suit on your hands.

speedminded
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
damn baby, that sucks ass! does your property have vehicle towing signs on it? if not, you have a law suit on your hands....not if the request is from an officer, otherwise only the property owner or authorized agent of the property can request a vehicle to be towed.

The Golden Child
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
wow that sucks ass ..

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
The officer must contact the owner of the vehicle unless it is parked in an illegal spot/along a yellow curb/in front of a fire hydrant, etc. If he didn't know that the car belonged to you, and it was in fact "stolen," then where did he get your address? He's the one liable here for all damages/expenses done to your car, not you.

Spyder
07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
call a TV station, or clark howard!

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Something sounds shady here.

They suspect the car is stolen AND KNOW what apt to leave the note on BUT the officer didn't get out of his car to knock on the door and make an "arrest"????? Doesn't make sense.

The apt complex has some liability if they don't have clear stips and/or signs about parking.....IF that is the reason the car was taken as they alleged.

I saw on TV the other day how a towing company was running a scam very similar to this in Downtown ATL. They would have a spotter that would spot what they thought would be easy prey and tow their cars for no reason at all only to scam them out of the money to get their car back. The parking lot people they were towing the cars FROM didn't even know about it supposedly. They arrested several people on some serious charges.

P.S. Krissy......get an alarm for that thing. That's twice now someone's messed with ole Scrappy and you didn't know about it..... ;)

Something doesn't add up here. :thinking:

2.0civic
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
yeah, what towing company is this?? lets blow their shit open

2.0civic
07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
thats like one time i came home and left my car on the side of the road no longer than ten minutes. I run outside back to it and its gone and i see some tow truck towing it up the road so i grab my sisters car and follow the fucker and in the 10 minutes i ran in to grab some clothes, someone slapped a 2nd warning sticker on it and said it had been there 24 hours. when we got to the impound lot, i told the fuckers to feel my motor...it was still hot so there goes the 24 hour thing. they tried to change me $125 for towing my shit then i said no and they were like ok $65 hook up and then i lawyered up and they dropped it. This towing company was in buford

speedminded
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
This case has NOTHING to do with the towing company IF an on-duty officer requested the car to be towed. Talk to his supervisor, period.

*edit*
40-4-4
(a) The identification numbers required by Code Section 40-4-3 shall be placed upon the passenger car, truck chassis, and component parts by the manufacturer thereof.
(b) The identification numbers shall be placed upon the passenger car, truck chassis, and components in such a manner that any attempt to remove, alter, deface, obliterate, or destroy them will be ascertainable. The numbers may be affixed by any suitable manufacturing process that will result in the numbers becoming a permanent part of the passenger car or component.
(c) The identification numbers shall be of a height and width easily readable by the naked eye. They may consist of letters, digits, or any combination of them.
(d) The identification numbers may be in accordance with recommended practices approved by the Society of Automotive Engineers as to material, lettering, manufacturing, and installation.
(e) Vehicle identification numbers shall be easily accessible for inspection.

"Easily accessible" does not mean it is required to be seen from an unopened vehicle. I've been pulled over with mine covered, they questioned it and i simply replied with..."so a key can't be cut from the VIN being visible" ....."that's a good idea, have a great day".

Now say for example it was a salvage titled car with a clean number on the dash then there would be a problem...

40-4-21
(a) A person who willfully removes, except in conformance with Code Section 40-3-35, or falsifies an identification number of a vehicle or an engine for a vehicle is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) A person who, willfully and with intent to misrepresent the identity of a vehicle or engine, removes or falsifies an identification number of the vehicle or engine with intent to convert or defraud is guilty of a felony. A person convicted of a felony under this subsection shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500.00 nor more than $5,000.00, or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than five years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I got it, thanks to my buddy :goodjob: place is in the freakin ghetto! YES i had to pay the "hook-up" fee and then the fee to be towed from here to where it was at... which totalled out to roughly 90.00... got reciept and written statement from them that they were authorized by police to remove it. that was one of my questions on if it was so fucking stolen, how is my place in the same parking lot as the car?? but they couldnt answer that. my insurance said they cover all towing fees no matter the cause so either just let them deal with it or i might go higher... IMO i got far more important things to worry about than more people trying to piss me off... got plenty of them without tow companies ;)

Jaime... its scrappy, for some reason always comes back :D

Julio
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
you paid? fuck that. I know is only 90 bucks.. but thats how they get away with shit.. they probably did that to a few more people and make a killing a day. screw that.

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 05:21 PM
you paid? fuck that. I know is only 90 bucks.. but thats how they get away with shit.. they probably did that to a few more people and make a killing a day. screw that.

k you have something else better i should of done? considering i ahve to work to make money therefore didnt have time to dick around and not have a car. either way i get it back... just dont know or care which way i go at them yet :goodjob: last of my concerns for $90 lost, butmy car back

§treet_§peed
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm with Julio..i would of been like fuck you guys.. give me car or you guyz are about to go to court..possibly on a charge of theft by deception...? maybe? if you got a lawyer on this shit i think it is quite possible taht oyu could sue the hell out of them...IMO anyways...but yeah sorry about that shit happening to you.. you have the same problem with bad luck as i do..when it rains..it fucking poors.....

Julio
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Didnt you have another car or something like that ? a Mazda 3 or something..

Believe me... you got ripped off. If you get it back , cool.. if not.. you got screwed just like they screw other people.

Like I said already, $90 bucks is nothing, but when they do this all the time, theres a problem...

Shit like this pisses me off.. ( not at you ) at them.. You gave in to easy though.
Soon enough you will forget and wont pursue your money and thats what they want, people to forget.

Sorry y0 , I just cant stand when people get scammed and then people giving in so easy.

§treet_§peed
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
i Agree with that for real.....

ShooterMcGavin
07-12-2006, 05:32 PM
that's fuckin unreal, i woulda been out looking for ashton...

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
yeah i agree also, no i wont forget about it, just have more important things TODAY to worry about instead. Yes i own a mazda, no i dont have it, its in wisconsin :( and miss it... but i gave in because i would make more than $90 at work today instead of sitting there making jack shit and getting in fights, pissed off and more stressed or mad than i already am daily wihtout their help. :( i wish i had a option but i will get it dealt with

§treet_§peed
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
true....and with you about to bring a new joyus life into the world..you need have as little stress as possible...:goodjob:

GsrTurbo320
07-12-2006, 05:38 PM

:goodjob: ..exactly.

The Ninja
07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Fuck tow companies....it spissing me off just thinking about this...

Vteckidd
07-12-2006, 07:39 PM
now THATS some bullshit right there! hell, i parked my car that way in your complex b4...... on several occasions..... and had no issues.... i'd be pissed too!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE SAME PARKING COMPLEX AS MY WOMAN BITCHASS!

JK

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM

JK

I wish :thinking: :screwy:

SB FOR LIFE!

DJ XtRaK©
07-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I wish :thinking: :screwy:

SB FOR LIFE!

:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::bump::bump::bump:

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
just to note how stubborn and in a way stupid i am :D My car is parked in the same spot, the same way , toni's is backed in next to mine and hers stands out ALOT more than mine... and then also got a good buddy of mine staying the night and his car is next to it... :D lets see what trouble i cause again lol this time just might not care about work for a day

speedminded
07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
just to note how stubborn and in a way stupid i am :D My car is parked in the same spot, the same way , toni's is backed in next to mine and hers stands out ALOT more than mine... and then also got a good buddy of mine staying the night and his car is next to it... :D lets see what trouble i cause again lol this time just might not care about work for a dayi would have done the same thing :D

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
hehe i feel like i am a bad ass lol i am so lame but funny

speedminded
07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
hehe i feel like i am a bad ass lol i am so lame but funnyi'd talk to the neighbors...have the entire row of cars backed in and all lined up perfectly :tongue:

Tracy
07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I know what SB is :D

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
:yes: shhh

just thinking about it makes me :boobies: :crazy:

Vteckidd
07-12-2006, 10:11 PM
:bump:

HAHA i hadnt seen that smilie yet, that shit is GANGSTA

Vteckidd
07-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Dan is my SB, er, i mean Tracy is

Scrappy
07-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Dan is my SB, er, i mean Tracy is

:2up: :( THATS IT! up for adoption you go! :no:

tracy is mine btw so you get NOTHIN! HA!

ahmonrah
07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
THATS FUCKED UP.....truly

drupason
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
my old dash!!! haha that sucks krissy! atleast you got it back now

{X}Echo419
07-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I got it, thanks to my buddy :goodjob: place is in the freakin ghetto! YES i had to pay the "hook-up" fee and then the fee to be towed from here to where it was at... which totalled out to roughly 90.00... got reciept and written statement from them that they were authorized by police to remove it. that was one of my questions on if it was so fucking stolen, how is my place in the same parking lot as the car?? but they couldnt answer that. my insurance said they cover all towing fees no matter the cause so either just let them deal with it or i might go higher... IMO i got far more important things to worry about than more people trying to piss me off... got plenty of them without tow companies ;)

Jaime... its scrappy, for some reason always comes back :D

you should wait 6 months and burn that MF down! :2cents:

SniperJoe
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Damn, I'd be out there with a bazooka or something.

SwurvinIn
07-13-2006, 01:09 PM
see this is why im gald my complex is gated.....keep them pigs out my shit y0! sorry krissy...that blows =(

Scrappy
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
see this is why im gald my complex is gated.....keep them pigs out my shit y0! sorry krissy...that blows =(

gates dont stop cops from coming in one bit... :thinking:

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
exactly^^^..cops get the overide code for the lock on the gates...just sayin'......

Scrappy
07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
exactly^^^..cops get the overide code for the lock on the gates...just sayin'......

i was in a gated complex today and there was a big incident somewhere in the neighborhood and they came right on in.. lol so jason no the "pigs" wont stay away from you by a gate...

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:38 PM
:werd: i rember when my one of my friends cars got jacked in his GATED aparment complex...very long stroy tha i wil skip cause i am to lazy to type it all :D lol, but anyways, yeah for real, the copes get the overide code raidoed to them on the way there from dispatch.....

BlkCD5
07-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Fuck them up :boxing:

The Golden Child
07-16-2006, 02:14 PM
werd ^ ..

kittychick
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM
so sorry to hear about car issues... I've got a handful of mine own that seem to take forever to get solved

my old roomated got his '89 Blazor stolen out of a gated community in Dunwoody two years ago
and two years before that stolen off the street by GA Tech
*once a target, always a target~ we got a garage for him to park the car in after we got it back the second time; but they stole shit out of the car each time, it really sucked; makes you feel so violated... they even took my German language CDs- who the heck is going to buy that off the streets in Atlanta!

Mike Lowrey
07-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Damn, I'd be out there with a bazooka or something.

We can call Yousef for the hookup.....lol

collins
07-17-2006, 01:50 PM

JK hahaha hey now...... dont be hatin!

Dragonfly5338
07-17-2006, 02:39 PM

LOL you're stupid. All cops have an emergency code to get into apt complexes. 9 times out of 10 someone knows said code or the office will give it to you if you lose your clicker.