PDA

View Full Version : Ever sit down and talk to an old person?

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 10:39 AM
and actually Listen to what they have to say??

well not a crazy-ass old person but one with some kinda of credibility nah mean.

That's some of the best wisdom you can get.

silver
05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Old people are very wise... I would think it comes from all of their experiences thru life. And they also always have the best stories to tell too.

mocha latte cupcake
05-13-2005, 10:45 AM
agreed.... unfortunately the ones i usually talk to are on some kinda drugs and either doze off or start talking in the forbidden language... but somewhere in there there is some wisdom

Julio
05-13-2005, 10:52 AM
all the time... funny stories thats for sure.

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 11:41 AM
hahaaaa! doze off...

Old peeps and even people that are in there 40's and such helps.

HiPSI
05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
all my grandfather ever tells me is "don't ever get married"...

Brett
05-13-2005, 12:37 PM
So this is why you all talk to me so much at meets and shit huh? HA HA HA HA

5thgcelica
05-13-2005, 02:22 PM
hah, you brought that one on yourself brett..

but yes, i agree. older people do have a hell of a lot more knowlege.

HEATON
05-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Mil retirees have the best/longest stories ever.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Old folks in the hood are the best. We have a couple of deliveries in "hole-in-the-wall" stations run by some 70+ year old dudes. We sit and talk all the time. They call me "one cool cracka." Lolol. I love listening to old black men.

Old white men don't get down like them. They're all conservative. Listen to a 70 year old homeboy.

Old black dude - "Look here, boy. That goddamn sumbitch over there is makin me madder than a mother fuccer."

Old white dude - "Now look here, son. I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would do such a thing."

Later, QD.

Leisa
05-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I guess this is why so many people come to Brett and I for advise...lol :lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
^^^ Yea. *sob sob*. No one comes to me for advice and I'm older than Brett. Lolol. Later, QD.

Dragonfly5338
05-13-2005, 04:42 PM
When I was in the north of France we went to the WWII museum in Normandy, near the beaches there, and there was this old couple there. He was one of the people who landed on the beach, he said he was like 19 at the time, and walked with me and my friend through the whole museum, explaining what he saw, what the different planes were and everything. It was the coolest. We went through the graveyard and he pointed out his friends' graves and stuff. I wish him well. :)

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Good to see those that do...

The knowledge is powerful.

Some peeps are too hardheaded to even listen.

BufordŽ
05-14-2005, 04:49 PM

That's so true. That's why I listen to my brother-in-law's grand father (Mine died before I was born, so he's the closest thing I have) and he tells me all the best things to do. He was the biggest party animal back in his day.

BufordŽ
05-14-2005, 04:50 PM
all my grandfather ever tells me is "don't ever get married"...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Leisa
05-14-2005, 04:55 PM

I agree 100%

RandomGuy
05-15-2005, 12:44 AM
old ppl are evil

JITB
05-15-2005, 02:43 AM
i had a older guy talk to me for about 2 hours, about the best piece of "trim" he ever got. And how he was gonna help me find some like it...lol best story ever.

Leisa
05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=JITB]i had a older guy talk to me for about 2 hours, about the best piece of "trim" he ever got. QUOTE]

I havent heard pussy called that in many many years.... :)

Kevykev
05-15-2005, 09:43 AM
"trim" damn i just learned somethin'.

yo Rdmguy- some of them are but you have to filter out the bad ones and speak to the good ones.

HEATON
05-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Welli was at work today and had some VERY interesting Convos. the first was with a retiree who retired in 8 years from the mil.(which usually takes 20) i Asked how so..he said they gave him full medical retirement bc he was in a POW camp in Vietnam for 2 years, he said he was there when Jane Fonda walked by and boy did he have words bout her, but i honestly dont blame him. the 2nd guy is a German contractor security guard. We were talkin and got on the topic of tattoos and he said he had one ever since he was 4 months old, i agin asked how..he rolled up his sleeve and showed me this Nazi Cross, on his forearm that his father got tattooed on him. I couldnt imagine having to grow old with that on me for my whole life, he also had some words for his dad that werent too favorable. After he showed me the tat he pulled out a medal his dad won for killing so many jews, he said he keeps it to show him what NOT to do.

Kevykev
05-15-2005, 03:08 PM
^ Amazin' man, Amazing.