PDA

View Full Version : Attn Julio

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-11-2006, 08:32 AM
To answer your question, yes, the baby can get infected if at the time of delivery I'm having an outbreak. However, my outbreaks are always visible and painful, so I'd know to be smarter than that. I'm more than likely going to be having a C-Section.

If you have anymore questions, please ask away.;)

B16a2 Civic
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
coo.....

PhAtBoYMr2
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
my homegirl had a baby while she was infected and untill this day it is one of the most beautiful, healthy babies ever....

theres certain percautions you can take.

Wurm
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
outbreak of what?

B16a2 Civic
my niece was almost born with sickle cell anemia, thank goodness she wasnt

quickdodgeŽ
To answer your question, yes, the baby can get infected if at the time of delivery I'm having an outbreak. However, my outbreaks are always visible and painful, so I'd know to be smarter than that. I'm more than likely going to be having a C-Section.

If you have anymore questions, please ask away.;)

Yea. Cool. You're more of a man than I thought you were. Congrats and good luck with everything. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
07-11-2006, 08:36 AM
outbreak of what?

S.A.R.S

Wurm
07-11-2006, 08:36 AM
S.A.R.S
vaginal bird flu?

PhAtBoYMr2
07-11-2006, 08:38 AM
vaginal bird flu?

no man, her toe nails are infected

B16a2 Civic
07-11-2006, 08:39 AM
outbreak of East Egyptian Flu nigga

4dmin
07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
:thinking: i thought transfer of the blood anytime can cause it... doesn't the mother/baby share blood...?

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Herpes...

Mike, come on now, I'm not a man... Silly boy.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-11-2006, 08:41 AM
:thinking: i thought transfer of the blood anytime can cause it... doesn't the mother/baby share blood...?

Yes, but for some reason, it doesn't work like that. I'm not really sure of the specifics, I'll do some more research and get back to you Paul.

Ms Dollar
07-11-2006, 08:44 AM
The baby can possibly become a carrier but not necessarily have outbreaks. But if the mother delivers naturally and if she has an outbreak at the time of labor (if she's not aware), then it can possibly cause blindness in the baby, not always. The best way to deliver in circumstances like this is C-Section. :2cents:

quickdodgeŽ
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Herpes...

Mike, come on now, I'm not a man... Silly boy.

I know. I was just kidding. Lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-11-2006, 09:14 AM
" The vast majority of women who have genital herpes have normal pregnancies and deliver healthy babies. Fortunately, if you have genital herpes before you become pregnant, your risk of transmitting the virus to your baby during birth is very low, provided that there are no active herpes signs or symptoms in or near the birth canal during delivery. It is actually more dangerous to the baby to get herpes for the first time during pregnancy. During the first six months of infection there are large amounts of virus that are shed and this will often come in contact with the baby during birth. Women who have long-standing herpes infections actually transmit protective antibodies to their babies during pregnancy, which helps protect them from infection, even if they are exposed to some virus while coming out through the birth canal.

If you do have signs or symptoms of herpes when you go into labor, your doctor will deliver your baby by cesarean section (abdominal delivery) to protect him or her from the virus that is present during a herpes outbreak. Some doctors do a cesarean section for all women who have recurrent genital herpes, regardless of their infection state at delivery, just to be extra careful. This is something that you and your obstetrician will most likely discuss during your pregnancy."

Later, QD.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
that's what i read too QD, thanks bunches!

The Golden Child
07-11-2006, 10:26 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/190/lmao.jpg

this girl looks familiar ..