PDA

View Full Version : Pre-emptive poll: Supra N/A-T vs Big Turbo STi vs Stock Turbo Evo

ct9a gsr
05-13-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm very curious as to what the public has to think about this... hopefully mogallo and Jason will chime in and post their mods. All three of us are cool with each other... I'm good friends with Jason... we just like to compete... and all three of us are going to goto the track sometime soon (whenever their cars are finished).

In case anyone reads this before mogallo or Jason post, to give you an idea... the supra has a nice big 'ol turbo on it with lots of other fancy stuff... and the STi has an even bigger turbo... with fancy stuff.

Out of these three vehicles, which do you all predict will have the fastest ET in the 1/4mi? (no, I didn't say 3/4mi, 1mi, or cross-country)... post your votes! We'll have legit video to see who's right and who's wrong whenever their cars get done.

My power-adding mods:

intake
bigger intercooler w/ piping
HKS 272/272 camshafts
exhaust cut-out
manual boost controller
reflashed stock ECU
walbro fuel pump
methanol injection

My stock parts:

block & head
cat-back exhaust
fuel injectors, rail, pressure regulator, etc.
turbo & all components of it
exhaust manifold & O2 housing
intake manifold
throttlebody
factory ECU
full interior, spare tire, tool set, floor mats, etc.

^ keep in mind, all my mods are literally bolt-on mods, nothing big... like a fatty turbo... and I should be making significantly less power than the Supra or STi... tee-hee. ^.^

Please keep in mind, this is all in fun and good sport... I honestly don't expect to win against these cars with much more power than me... but then again, almost every car I've staged against (and usually won) at the track so far has had more power than me.

Thrust
05-13-2005, 04:01 AM
My money is on the sti. You just can't beat a proper awd launch. If this was a roll race then I would say mogallow would have the upper hand.

mogallo
05-13-2005, 06:49 AM
I went with Jason's car..... awd owns the 1/8 and 1/4, plus all his extras!!!
Jason's car is going to be SICK AS HELL when its all said and done!!!!! I cant wait for it to be done!!!!

Xrated O.G.
05-13-2005, 06:54 AM
My money is on the sti. You just can't beat a proper awd launch. If this was a roll race then I would say mogallow would have the upper hand.

So I guess you didnt think the AWD EVO could launch just as hard but with alot less lag due to the stock turbo. Plus with the experiences I ve seen and had with methanol injection the Evo should be able to run big boost levels . Now not to take away from the STi or the Supra, but Im gonna go with the Evo at this point solely based on the amount of info and mods thus far thats been posted.

Dragonfly5338
05-13-2005, 11:12 AM
hmm.. lessee here.

supra. rwd. turbo lag. never been to the track.

sti. awd. turbo lag. never been to the track.

evo. awd. hardly no turbo lag. been to track several times and is quite good at the tricky awd launch.

you got it, boy. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: unless he lets dan drive the sti, in which case, you're screwed. LOL!

IndianStig
05-13-2005, 04:29 PM
I am going with the STi or EVO, cause they'll will launch better than the Supra. Out of those two he STi will win cause it has more torque, most likely. The Supra would win it they put on some drag tires though. BTW, what is the estimated HP on the Supra and the STi, and how did that exhaust bypass mod work for you?(EVO)

TRAY_STi
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm going with Charles... Hes been to the track before, and has a nice cusco twin disc to beat on, :) With practice the STi will take it though. Work on your launch, and speed shifting to make up for putting it in 5th in the end. Sucks i know dude. Supra no chance in hell at the track.

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 05:56 PM
they will all be slow...EVO will probably win since i think it has run mid 12s before? Supra will run 14s@110,STI probably 13s with newbie driver who will bog the launch and then complain about bald tires

How big are these turbos on the STI and supra?

Dragonfly5338
05-13-2005, 06:52 PM
they will all be slow...EVO will probably win since i think it has run mid 12s before? Supra will run 14s@110,STI probably 13s with newbie driver who will bog the launch and then complain about bald tires

I believe Charles (evo) ran a 12.5 on his old setup, which was over 100 hp less than what he has now - and on a stock clutch, which sucks for launching.

mogallo
05-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Some mods for the Supra include:

-PT-61 Turbo (Spools at 3300-3500rpm) (HUGE lag!!! :rolleyes: )
-AEM EMS (7500 Redline) (Tuned by DAN @ Batlground)
-Horsepowerfreaks Clutch Kit w/ 6 puck sprung hub disk and ACT pressure plate (good for 800whp or 800lb/ft)
-Cometic 3mm Head Gasket
-550cc Injectors x 6
-Boostlogic FMIC Kit
-Tial 38mm Wastegate (Atmospheric)
-HKS Twin Power Ignition
-Nology Hotwires
-Horsepowerfreaks Goliath 4in Full Racing Exhaust
-Greddy Type-R BOV
-Aeromotive A-6 Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Custom Downpipe
-Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
-Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump

There's more, but its 2am and i cant tell you all of my secrets....

18psi - ~500whp - Daily Setting
Race Gas - ??? :D

Whats 18 psi on an Evo?? Does it even break 350whp??

1/4 mile race. Seeing as how i drive back and forth to work and commute around town in 1/4 mile incriments, this is of the UTMOST importance to me!!!!

PS: My shit stinks REALLY BADLY.... especially when i drink a lot of milk, eat a block of cheese and drink a protein shake.... ill bag some up for ya Val, just in case you dont believe me.... :D

Overall, the STI will own us both hard at the track.

On the freeway, slow roll, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, 1 mile, 1+ mile.... i will win.... (unless Jason does his secret swap right now instead of waiting)

I guess its good to know your car's strengths and weaknesses... thus explaining why i havent taken the it to the track.... but im always down for some good fun. At least im not scared to play the AWD at their own game.... but then again, getting 8 carlengths put on you is a little more humiliating than losing by a second at the track.... so i understand....

mogallo
05-14-2005, 01:11 AM

Supra - PT61
STI - GT35R

Ive never been to the track before, but i damn sure better be able to do at least 12's and trap over 110.... give me some of that good shit youre smoking man!!!! I'm going to be interested to see how the two-step does!!!

Comparing my Street Supra to the AWD Stoplight Kings is like having the Patriots play the Pistons in a game of basketball.... after this, we'll go play on the football field.... :D I know Jason's got the balls.....

mogallo
05-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Sorry. Some of the comments posted above may be out of line.... so im going to go ahead and apologize to Charles now.... No harm meant in any of the comments... just good ole internet fun and carried-awayness...

Dragonfly5338
05-14-2005, 12:56 PM
18psi on an evo? No, it wouldn't make 500hp. Because there's not a pt61 on a 3.0L 6cyl. put a 16g on your supra and see how much power it makes.

I'm keeping my comments to you civil because you apologized like a nice boy. :)

mogallo
05-14-2005, 01:27 PM
18psi on an evo? No, it wouldn't make 500hp. Because there's not a pt61 on a 3.0L 6cyl. put a 16g on your supra and see how much power it makes.

I'm keeping my comments to you civil because you apologized like a nice boy. :)

Heheheh :D

iloveboost
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
With practice, you'll all be running neck and neck.

Hopefully, I'll break mid 12s this summer.

Traction > Me.

mogallo
05-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Nope, we are going to line up three deep in the same lane.... with me in the middle, when my rear end breaks loose, i am giong to sideswipe them both, sending them spinning out of control, and easily win the race with a trap speed of 26mph. That is my prediction!!! :D

lemansz
05-16-2005, 11:28 PM
if all drivers are the same.

i bet the evo spanks tail.

stock turbo with hardly any partrs they goin 12.00's

a supra tt or tt converted T, needs 750 hp to go 12.00 lol

stis are pretty finiky.

1. evo
2. sti
3. supra

**edit** just saw evo was nicely modded WITH alky.

its goign to CRUSH both cars... end of story.

Big Baller
05-17-2005, 09:11 AM
if all drivers are the same.

i bet the evo spanks tail.

stock turbo with hardly any partrs they goin 12.00's

a supra tt or tt converted T, needs 750 hp to go 12.00 lol

stis are pretty finiky.

1. evo
2. sti
3. supra

**edit** just saw evo was nicely modded WITH alky.

its goign to CRUSH both cars... end of story.

You have lost your mind, we are talking about a 500+hp sti,

Jason is going to walk all over those fools.

mogallo
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
You have lost your mind, we are talking about a 500+hp sti,

Jason is going to walk all over those fools.

Hey BITCH.... watch who you call a FOOL!!!!! :D

Tracer
05-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey BITCH.... watch who you call a FOOL!!!!! :D

That's Matt talking Mark. Don't disrepect him.

mogallo
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
That's Matt talking Mark. Don't disrepect him.

Hahahahahah i know who it is man!!!! He called me a FOOL!!!! :rant: :rant:

Big Baller
05-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Thats right, your heard me fooooooooooooool

chnco
05-24-2005, 11:41 AM
get on the highway :)

mogallo
05-24-2005, 03:45 PM
get on the highway :)

I second the motion!!!! Any thirds??

Cliff
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
i just think you all suck

mogallo
05-24-2005, 04:24 PM
I think you need a TWIN TURBO Z71!!!!! with 44's!!!! and TWO bug lights hanging off of it!!!!

Tracer
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
i just think you all suck

Who sucks?

-S Double C-
05-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Traction>me too

12.48 spining in first second third and some of fourth in my hatch UNTUNED :)

-S Double C-
05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
I think you need a TWIN TURBO Z71!!!!! with 44's!!!! and TWO bug lights hanging off of it!!!!

hahaha lmao :lmfao:

Cliff
05-30-2005, 01:10 PM
i personally think that would be pretty sick....lol except with a twin turbo v8 and 44's i'd prolly snap u joints and axles like butta

mogallo
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
yes, that is the nature of the turbo beasts..... you have to upgrade other parts on the car to accomodate the power :) im sure it can be done.... there was a Turbo diesel f350 on 44's with some turbo system mods... the truck made 400whp and like 800wtq... SICKASS TRUCK!!!!

mogallo
05-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Jason.... i thought of a liscense plate for you:

EVOWNED ;)

PSINXS
05-30-2005, 10:17 PM
is this going to be a highway race? if so i change my vote to Supra with the large single. 500hp Sti second place then evo.

mogallo
05-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Hahahah hopefully its going to be both.... so i can get some props too!!!! But the thread was regarding a 1/4 mile race......

HalfBaked
05-31-2005, 09:59 AM
EVO would win in the 1/4.

Then everyone would rejoice in the evo and scream VICTORY!!!

Dragonfly5338
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Jason.... i thought of a liscense plate for you:

EVOWNED ;)

that's the plate tray's getting, you can't get that one! :tongue:

Tracer
05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I race 1/8, 1/4, highway I don't care. They can pick. They both know this is all for fun.

Dragonfly5338
05-31-2005, 03:30 PM
I race 1/8, 1/4, highway I don't care. They can pick. They both know this is all for fun.

Jason - you and I should race the supra.....

To publix. And see who can fit the most groceries in our cars. I bet we would win. :bigok:

Tracer
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Jason - you and I should race the supra.....

To publix. And see who can fit the most groceries in our cars. I bet we would win. :bigok:

Any day you're free Val. I'm ready. But I think we should include Tray too. :)

PSINXS
05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Look forward to meeting all u guys. When and where is this race goin down?

ct9a gsr
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I *really* wanted to do it at TunerFest... with a lot of ppl there to watch and record it... however, I don't know if Mark's Supra or Jason's STi will be done by then... *yawn*, hehe

Either way, I'll be at TunerFest running... I'm thinking at least Mark's Supra will be done by then so we can get that race. =]

mogallo
05-31-2005, 08:21 PM
I *really* wanted to do it at TunerFest... with a lot of ppl there to watch and record it... however, I don't know if Mark's Supra or Jason's STi will be done by then... *yawn*, hehe

Either way, I'll be at TunerFest running... I'm thinking at least Mark's Supra will be done by then so we can get that race. =]

I'll wake you up when its done ;)

If we do it at Tunerfest..... im going to post our freeway run vids all over the internet ;) with the threads titled.... "This guy beat me in the 1/4 mile"..... :jester:

Thrust
06-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Can I be the camera car??? :D

mogallo
06-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Can I be the camera car??? :D

Most DEFINITELY!!!! I want as many camera angles as possilbe!!! You can get the video of YOU passing them too, from 2 cars back!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

-S Double C-
06-01-2005, 07:02 PM
too bad i cant ride in the supra and video tape it :)

mogallo
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
too bad i cant ride in the supra and video tape it :)

Come to atlanta, im sure we can get some kill vids ;)

nightracer
06-13-2005, 10:12 AM
This (http://www.publishingperfection.com/productimages/CAN168.JPG) camera makes the best kill vids ever lol! Are you the guy on SF.com that was setting up elite meets?

tony
06-13-2005, 10:17 AM
can we add tony to the list now? I got the day off :D