PDA

View Full Version : Should marijuana be legalized?

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Its legal in a few states for medical puposes and its completely legal in Alaska as long as your not buying it or transporting it (you have to grow your own). I personally think it would be good for our economy because it could be taxed and its doesnt do half as much damage to our bodies as alcohol. The number of accidents caused by people driving high is probably not even a 1/3 of the number of accidents caused by drunk drivers so why isnt it legal everywhere for whatever puposes people want it for?

On_Her_Face
07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
i could careless.. but im not sure if it would help the economy?.. prolly fuck shit up imo
but anyway that would b kinda cool to have a weed isle in like kroger

Hulud
07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
so why isnt it legal everywhere for whatever puposes people want it for?
because it gives you a euphoric feeling

tony
07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Theres no valid reason for it not to be legal.. and no I dont smoke it.

Big Baller
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't smoke and technically its not legal anywhere. Its a federal crime and no state shall make a law that contradicts a federal law.

efman
07-10-2006, 01:04 PM
yea it would be great for the economy it would creat jobs they could tax the shit out of it and the money spent on it would be put into the economy not sent to some central american drug lord or terriost also gangs would be underfunded do to not selling it and really half the people would'nt do it i remeber middle school everybody started smokin pot to be cool and act like bad ass so really i think it would be a good thing and sorry for my grammar problems ;)

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 01:10 PM
yea it would be great for the economy it would creat jobs they could tax the shit out of it and the money spent on it would be put into the economy not sent to some central american drug lord or terriost also gangs would be underfunded do to not selling it and really half the people would'nt do it i remeber middle school everybody started smokin pot to be cool and act like bad ass so really i think it would be a good thing and sorry for my grammar problems ;)

right on brother, were on the exact same page.

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't smoke and technically its not legal anywhere. Its a federal crime and no state shall make a law that contradicts a federal law.

It is legal to have up to 4 ounces in Alaska as long as it is not being distibuted, its only legal to have in your own home, Alaska isnt like the rest of the United States because of the fact that its a native land for "eskimoes" or whatever you want to call them, alot of laws are different there.

Big Baller
07-10-2006, 01:23 PM
A lot of state laws are different there, despite that fact its still not legal to have the stuff its federal. Unless the federal law specifically excludes Alaska then you still cant have it there.

tony
07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
It is legal to have up to 4 ounces in Alaska as long as it is not being distibuted, its only legal to have in your own home, Alaska isnt like the rest of the United States because of the fact that its a native land for "eskimoes" or whatever you want to call them, alot of laws are different there.

It was always legal for "Alaskan Natives" lol the politically correct term.. I grew up in Alaska so I'm familiar. Believe me when I say this.. usage is not half as much of an issue once it is legal.

xaznstylegrlx
07-10-2006, 03:14 PM
might as well legalize it... everybody smokes it like cigs now

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I love weed but legalizing it goes much further than that.

PS... Ill be bringing an ounce of alaskan bud back to georgia with me, who wants to join me in a blunt?????

xaznstylegrlx
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
lol u should get a note pad readi for all the names

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Its the best weed I have EVER smoked, and thats saying somthing.

tony
07-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Its the best weed I have EVER smoked, and thats saying somthing.

Stopping through Anchorage on your way back?

bdydrpdmazda
07-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Stopping through Anchorage on your way back?

probably go to anchorage in september for a couple days

{X}Echo419
07-11-2006, 07:46 AM
as long as it's not allowed to be smoked in public(I don't like that shit nor do I want to smell it) and the same laws(ie. DUI) that apply to alchohol apply to the weed. :2cents:

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
as long as it's not allowed to be smoked in public(I don't like that shit nor do I want to smell it) and the same laws(ie. DUI) that apply to alchohol apply to the weed. :2cents:

That makes sense, the negative affects of weed are far lower than the negative affects of alcohol, I see it as only a matter of time before the government realizes this and realizes that they can tax the shit out of and it becomes legal on some sort of provisional basis just to see how it turned out and I dont think it would turn out that bad.

4dmin
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
yes in pubs/home only...

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I dont see it ever really being sold in stores unless it was tobacco shops or head shops or maybe even stores dedicated to selling it, I cant see it being prerolled and sold in packs like cigarettes if it ever actually did get legalized. It will definatly never be sold in Publix or any other well know, family oriented store.

jt money
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Its legal in a few states for medical puposes and its completely legal in Alaska as long as your not buying it or transporting it (you have to grow your own). I personally think it would be good for our economy because it could be taxed and its doesnt do half as much damage to our bodies as alcohol. The number of accidents caused by people driving high is probably not even a 1/3 of the number of accidents caused by drunk drivers so why isnt it legal everywhere for whatever puposes people want it for?
First off I’m an everyday smoker. :doh: and this is not directed at anyone just my :2cents: I don’t see it becoming legal again for a long time.

First off the government makes too much money off it being illegal. Drug seizures, houses, cars, pay off money... you name it.

2 how are you going to tax something that people can grow at home? Sure you can tax over the counter cannabis but if the taxes get too high then people will grow their own. I know I would much rather grow my own if it were legal.

3 there’s no real sobriety test for marijuana, so it would be like if your high and driving you go to jail on dui. Doesn’t sound fun to me. Plus peoples judgment does get messed up on marijuana.

Case in hand I used to smoke before I would go to a 1/4 mile track. My reaction times sucked. And it’s not because I don’t know how to count the tree. Then I stopped smoking before hand and they got much better. Now you take that situation to everyday driving on 75 or any other busy highway around here. Someone goes to get in the hole between you and the car in front of you and wham. All cause your reaction time was off.

1000cckiller
07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Theres no valid reason for it not to be legal.. and no I dont smoke it.that is where you are wrong, by it being illegal that is helping our economy, because it gives the government more money,if they legalize it we will have to pay higher taxes and lots of other things By drugs being illegal it helps pay cops and some oher ranking officals. Some ways it should be legal but it will cost us more in the long run.

tony
07-11-2006, 02:35 PM
that is where you are wrong, by it being illegal that is helping our economy, because it gives the government more money,if they legalize it we will have to pay higher taxes and lots of other things By drugs being illegal it helps pay cops and some oher ranking officals. Some ways it should be legal but it will cost us more in the long run.

The war on drugs is far more costly and a waste of resources than if it were legal. I think the government spends roughly $40k-$50k per prisoner a year.. and for what? A drug that is harmless.. by your logic it would be more econical to make alcohol illegal.

1000cckiller
07-11-2006, 03:06 PM
The war on drugs is far more costly and a waste of resources than if it were legal. I think the government spends roughly $40k-$50k per prisoner a year.. and for what? A drug that is harmless.. by your logic it would be more econical to make alcohol illegal.smart guy i work at a sheriffs department part time, think how much money they make off of it being illegal vs. legal, um illegal they can take EVERYTHING you own, legal they cant take shit, illegal house, cars, money and your drugs. What you think when the government takes the drugs they throw it away :no: . It dosen't cost much of shit for them to do a raid but time and officers. It dont cost the government shit, it cost us tax payers 40k to 50k per prisoner

Tasuki_Civic
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
to me weed is like real estate almost......

tony
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
smart guy i work at a sheriffs department part time, think how much money they make off of it being illegal vs. legal, um illegal they can take EVERYTHING you own, legal they cant take shit, illegal house, cars, money and your drugs. What you think when the government takes the drugs they throw it away :no: . It dosen't cost much of shit for them to do a raid but time and officers. It dont cost the government shit, it cost us tax payers 40k to 50k per prisoner

You are right on one thing, it does cost the taxpayers $40k-$50k. As for the rest of the statement, I cannot even argue with it.. not because it is valid but because its so asinine that any rebuttal would be a waste of time.

quickdodge®
07-11-2006, 05:40 PM
It should NOT be. The idiots that do it and think they're cool as hail need to be shipped off somewhere away from regualr people who have a care in the world. Later, QD.

green91
07-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Alcohol isnt exactly hard to make, but plenty of ppl still buy it and pay tax on it.. if u can drive down the store and pick up good shit why bother growing it?

tony
07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Honestly and truthfully.. I'm sure plenty of people would grow their own but I guarantee it'd be less than half. Not everyone cares to have a full plantation in their yard. Technically you can make your own cigars and alcohol but does everyone do it? Why when you can just walk to the store without the added hassle.

GsrTurbo320
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL, haha, Alot of smokers on this board!

View Poll Results: should marijuana be legal
yes 16 76.19%
no 3 14.29%
dont give a shit 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You have already voted on this poll

efman
07-11-2006, 08:12 PM
right on brother, were on the exact same page.
yep and i've never even touch the stuff drugs are about the ghey in my opinion i like to stay healthy i smake a cigar maybe twice a year and i might drink once every two months i try to stay as healthy as i can

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Case in hand I used to smoke before I would go to a 1/4 mile track. My reaction times sucked. And it’s not because I don’t know how to count the tree. Then I stopped smoking before hand and they got much better. Now you take that situation to everyday driving on 75 or any other busy highway around here. Someone goes to get in the hole between you and the car in front of you and wham. All cause your reaction time was off.

just a thought. so some idiot tries to cram his car into a place he shouldnt be in the first place. high or not thats not your fault.

jt money
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
if you rear end him your to blame.

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 05:32 AM
if you rear end him your to blame.

this is true, fucked up rule but it is true. No matter what the circumstances are its the persons fault in the rear, thats off topic though. Ive driven stoned many times and sadly Ive driven drunk many times (never again though) and I actually feel Im much more cautious when Im stoned, no one is at full driving potential unless they are sober, Im not trying to have a debate about driving stoned being legal though. Its not legal to drive drunk but alcohol is still legal.

Simply put....should it be legal to posses and use marijuana in your own home???

wildfire0310
07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Well marijuana been legal, has other uses then just the smoking effects, but people for get about it.

1) the seeds are high in protein and are great for making foods

2) other countries have already learned how to make wood boards out of the Cannabis Sativa(the offical name for the whole marijuana.

Right now in the United States the root, stem and stalks are legal, but a farmer can not grow Cannabis cause it illegal to possess the bud and flowers of it. By the legalizing the plant it would allow famers to grow the cannabis for other uses then just smoking it.

BUT don't get your hopes up cause it will never happen in our lifes times. The problem is that the stalk has oils in it that could help shift the gas and paper industaries away from big corp oil companys, but cause the government officals are getting money from big name oil companys so it won't happen. Just like it took the government almost 20 to 30 years before hybrid cars and all that started becoming easier to buy and getting tax breaks from.

jt money
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Well marijuana been legal, has other uses then just the smoking effects, but people for get about it.

1) the seeds are high in protein and are great for making foods

2) other countries have already learned how to make wood boards out of the Cannabis Sativa(the offical name for the whole marijuana.

Right now in the United States the root, stem and stalks are legal, but a farmer can not grow Cannabis cause it illegal to possess the bud and flowers of it. By the legalizing the plant it would allow famers to grow the cannabis for other uses then just smoking it.

BUT don't get your hopes up cause it will never happen in our lifes times. The problem is that the stalk has oils in it that could help shift the gas and paper industaries away from big corp oil companys, but cause the government officals are getting money from big name oil companys so it won't happen. Just like it took the government almost 20 to 30 years before hybrid cars and all that started becoming easier to buy and getting tax breaks from.
well your half right anyway. but you talking about hemp. we are talking about marijuana.

Hemp Vs. Marijuana: What's the Difference?

Have you ever passed by a store window that displayed hemp purses, clothing, or other products for sale? Many people immediately think of marijuana when they see hemp products, and while the word "hemp" frequently pops up in marijuana-related debates, hemp and marijuana are not the same thing. One of the most important differences is that marijuana can get a person high and hemp cannot. Let's look at some of their other characteristics:

What do hemp and marijuana have in common?

Hemp and marijuana are varieties of the Cannabis sativa plant.

It is illegal to grow both hemp and marijuana in the United States (although it is not illegal to sell or purchase hemp products—hence the hemp bags and dresses you see in store windows).

The two plants have similar aromas when in bloom—however, only one will get a person high.

How are hemp and marijuana different?

Smoking marijuana will make the user high, and smoking hemp will not. Hemp contains less than 1 percent of the active ingredient THC, the substance that gives pot smokers a high. Marijuana plants, on the other hand, contain 10 to 20 percent THC.

Marijuana plants and hemp plants have different appearances and are harvested differently. Marijuana plants tend to be short and bushy, while hemp plants can have stalks that are 25 feet high!

Unlike marijuana, hemp has many uses. Over 25,000 products can be manufactured from hemp, including hair conditioner, diapers, insulation, carpets, paper, and perfume.

The hemp debate and the marijuana debate are often confused with each other. Proponents of legalizing hemp cultivation focus on the plant's many uses and the fact that it requires no pesticides in order to flourish. However, opponents express concern that permitting hemp cultivation would result in the legalization of marijuana cultivation because both hemp and marijuana come from the same plant.1 Opponents also say that other raw materials are more economical than industrial hemp. Cultivating hemp is currently illegal in the United States, although hemp items are imported.

Marijuana, on the other hand, is illegal because of its health risks. Proponents of legalizing marijuana point to recent studies that show that there may be some medical* benefits associated with marijuana use. But, any benefits of legalizing marijuana—medical or otherwise—have to be weighed against the disadvantages, such as the intoxicating effects of and serious health risks posed by marijuana.

During debates about the legal status of marijuana, the environmental and economic benefits of hemp may be used in arguments for the legalization of marijuana. But, remember that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, and the risk factor for marijuana legalization is much higher.

never2loud
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
just think about the weed commercials theyll be hilarious, that will be the best part for me seein i odnt smoke

StupidBikerBoy
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
IMO

All drugs should be legalized and taxed. This would almost eliminate the crime involved with it.

All the taxes earned from them should be spent on education of the drugs and services to help the ones who want to get away from them and need help:2cents:

PhAtBoYMr2
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
i've already beat this subject up too many times, kind of exhaust so ill leave you with a picture...

http://www.420times.com/gallery/data/527/marijuana7.jpg

GTScoob
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm all for legalizing it. Tobacco is dirt cheap to make and they package it up, tax the hell out of it and sell it at $4 for 20 cigs worth ( I wish I knew the weight of the tobacco in a cig to compare to bud prices). If it was legalized they could still tax the shit out of it and it would be less than street prices. Imagine being able to go to the gas station and get a box of Marlboro Greens filled with 20 spliffs of the finest green. . .

If it was legal you wouldnt have any of the drug wars (granted most of those are dealing with much harder/more expensive drugs) or shady dealings.

The only problem is that it is political suicide for anyone to bring it up in congress unless they're the libertarian party.

bdydrpdmazda
07-13-2006, 12:09 AM
IMO

All drugs should be legalized and taxed. This would almost eliminate the crime involved with it.

All the taxes earned from them should be spent on education of the drugs and services to help the ones who want to get away from them and need help:2cents:

+1 Thats a great way of looking at it. Ive debated on this subject with friends many times and that thought has never crossed my mind.

Ludester
07-14-2006, 02:35 AM
yes! it would eliminate road rage and hole lot of other shit that is unecessary in society today.....

Black R
07-14-2006, 03:47 AM
i don't smoke, but think it should be legalized.

that being said, it never will get legalized here in the USA.

why? well phillip morris and friends don't want to give up their monopoly on the legal highs... and they have the lobbying $'s to make sure that will never happen.

GTScoob
07-14-2006, 04:00 AM
why? well phillip morris and friends don't want to give up their monopoly on the legal highs... and they have the lobbying $'s to make sure that will never happen.

They could make so much more money if they also cultivated weed.

Tobacco:
Pros-umm
Cons-lung cancer, throat cancer

Weed:
Pros-feels good, does not cause cancer
Cons-illegal

AlliRae
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
it should deifnatly be legalized. I mean all the arguments about how bad reaction times are, are great but i mean think about it. People who are stoned don't want to do anything. They are just mellow people enjoying themselves. They don't want to get up and drive unless they absolutly have to.

To be honest - if i had to be around someone doing something (drinking, smoking cigs, smoking pot, acid, meth, etc.) i would much rather be around someone smoking pot. People who drink, not all but some, get violent, it's just true. Cigs are ok but i mean nothing extreme and the smell is worse than pot to me. And anything else people can have some crazy reactions to those.

ALSO, You cannot overdose on MJ. It's just a feel good thing.

and , the gov't doesn't realize how much money they could make if they legalized it through taxes.

nunyadamnbiz
07-15-2006, 08:01 PM
hell yah it should be legalized....i used to smoke everyday all day until i moved down here last month, and now i havent since cause i dont know anyone that smokes.....so if anyone wants to help out with that i would greatly apprieciate it.....but yeah it should be legal all day

Big J
07-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Compare alcohol to marijuana and you wonder how one can be legal but not the other.

C22H19N3O4
07-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Marijuana advocates will NEVER overcome the deep-rooted stigma of marijuana use.

Sledlude
07-16-2006, 08:22 PM

PS... Ill be bringing an ounce of alaskan bud back to georgia with me, who wants to join me in a blunt?????

ME ME ME!!!! i wanna come

Sledlude
07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
It should NOT be. The idiots that do it and think they're cool as hail need to be shipped off somewhere away from regualr people who have a care in the world. Later, QD.

okay... i got MAD love for ya Q, but that is simply the most MORONIC statement I've ever seen. It's suprising that someone as smart as you would say that stupid shit. I mean, come on man, YOU'VE NEVER TRIED IT!!! so how the FUCK can you call me an idiot because I choose to be a user? It's not like I'm a crack head.
And BTW, don't you work for budweiser? please homey, you drive a bud truck-- your company contributes to so many drunk driving fatalities, ppl beating their spouses, etc etc... how is weed so bad? that was the most contradictory statement ive ever seen... sheesh...

GsrTurbo320
07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
That's bull shit, im sure he's done it & or atleast tried it..fuck what he say.

LordMDP
07-17-2006, 04:12 PM
simply my anwser would be yes

but if it was legalized now too many people would take advantage of it

kinda like if they took speed limits off the interstates

SniperJoe
07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
It won't be legal until there is an easy, simple test of current intoxication for DUI purposes. Now, as an economist and a libertarian, it should be legal, I'm just saying that there are some significant roadblocks to that happening.

Hektik
07-18-2006, 01:09 AM
well these are my views i have no facts to argue these but here goes

I say legalize it there really is no difference between weed and alcohol if anything alcohol is worse. but it should be controlled just like alcohol IE:DUI, intoxicate in public you know the same laws and restrictions maybe even a little more restrictions on weed for the first few years since everyone is going to go crazy going to the liquor and smoke shops and saying " hey let me get a pack of purp mediums and a lighter"

how ever I dont beleive the gov't will do it cause I dont think theyll really be able to tax it cause why would i go to the QT and buy a pack of bud for 4 dollars plus tax when i can go around the corner to the weed man and get the same amount if not more for the same price or less without having to pay taxes.

but whatever those are my views maybe someday but as of now its probably gonna remain illegal .....

R3RUN
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Legalize it. The government spends billions of dollars a year going after marijuana and people who buy/sell/smoke it. Thats money that could be spent on education or put into social security. They also spend countless man hours trying to combat the use and sale of it. Think about all the other things police officers could be doing. They could focus more time on something that is much more threatening i.e. the gang problem in Gwinnett county. Instead of spending money trying to remove a drug that is as harmful if not less harmful than alcohol, they could be making money off of it through taxes on the sale and importation of it. A friend of mine's uncle is a narcotics officer and he says that marijuana should be legalized because of the amount of time they waste going after it when there are much more harmful drugs that need to be taken off the streets.

SampaGuy
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
its my body, i believe i should have the freedom to inject or smoke or do whatever the fuck i want to do with it. if u dont own ur body, what do u own?

speedminded
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
First off I’m an everyday smoker. :doh: and this is not directed at anyone just my :2cents: I don’t see it becoming legal again for a long time.

First off the government makes too much money off it being illegal. Drug seizures, houses, cars, pay off money... you name it.First off, anyone openly discussing what they do illegally on a public forum is a complete moron. IP lookup or just run a search your posts, see what you drive, find you at a meet, get your tag...bust you there or be at your front door that night. That simple.

Then how much money do you suppose is being made off it? about $50 Billion per year is spend on the 'War on Drugs'. Add up the salaries, time, labor, equipment, etc. spent on a seizure then in court and think again....the average cost to prosecute and incarcerate each person on drug charges is $450,000...PLUS welfare cost for that person's family. Nearly 60% of the 1.5+ million prisoners in the US are in for drug charges.

2 how are you going to tax something that people can grow at home? Sure you can tax over the counter cannabis but if the taxes get too high then people will grow their own. I know I would much rather grow my own if it were legal. It's just as easy [or complicated, whichever way you look at it] to make liquor in your own home...you don't see too many people with stills or brewery's in their basements.

3 there’s no real sobriety test for marijuana, so it would be like if your high and driving you go to jail on dui. Doesn’t sound fun to me. Plus peoples judgment does get messed up on marijuana.Make it zero tolerance. Try and come up with a good excuse at why your eyes are dilated...plus THC saliva tests are available.

Case in hand I used to smoke before I would go to a 1/4 mile track. My reaction times sucked. And it’s not because I don’t know how to count the tree. Then I stopped smoking before hand and they got much better. Now you take that situation to everyday driving on 75 or any other busy highway around here. Someone goes to get in the hole between you and the car in front of you and wham. All cause your reaction time was off.You get better with practice. I'd imagine a majority of the peoples times would be better, i've seen how nervous people are at the tree.Then again good bud makes some people jittery and sometimes paranoid.

It's a tough decision to legalize or not, i don't see it happening...especially since the people making the decision have only smoked the much less powerful marijuana from the 60's and 70's.

Double1Trey6
08-07-2006, 02:05 AM
well i could careless... but its more safe then alcohol... and i notice... recently.. and even before... alot of crashes are caused by SOBER people... or so they say...

mirageturbo
08-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Well I think it should be legalized. I am tired of hearing about people going to jail over this stupid shit. Tax it and allow the farmers to grow it. Farmers then have a new cash crop other then tobacco. I figure in a year the USA would no longer be worried about stopping the weed from coming in because we would be exporting it. The price would drop because the market would drop due to high levels of production coming from the USA farmer. Tabacco companies like phillip-Morris could start packaging it over night to sell in stores, flitered or unfiltered. Uncle Sam would get his share in tax and all would be happy.

jt money
08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
First off, anyone openly discussing what they do illegally on a public forum is a complete moron. IP lookup or just run a search your posts, see what you drive, find you at a meet, get your tag...bust you there or be at your front door that night. That simple.

Then how much money do you suppose is being made off it? about $50 Billion per year is spend on the 'War on Drugs'. Add up the salaries, time, labor, equipment, etc. spent on a seizure then in court and think again....the average cost to prosecute and incarcerate each person on drug charges is $450,000...PLUS welfare cost for that person's family. Nearly 60% of the 1.5+ million prisoners in the US are in for drug charges.

It's just as easy [or complicated, whichever way you look at it] to make liquor in your own home...you don't see too many people with stills or brewery's in their basements.

Make it zero tolerance. Try and come up with a good excuse at why your eyes are dilated...plus THC saliva tests are available.

You get better with practice. I'd imagine a majority of the peoples times would be better, i've seen how nervous people are at the tree.Then again good bud makes some people jittery and sometimes paranoid.

It's a tough decision to legalize or not, i don't see it happening...especially since the people making the decision have only smoked the much less powerful marijuana from the 60's and 70's.
glad i could be your example. dont think anyone is going through all that hassle for a smoker. now if i said i delt that would be dumb. you have a good point on money in versus money spent. 450k is a few cars at some seizures. and out of the 60% of drug offenders ill bet its less than 5% are for marijuana. now making it yourself. your right not many people make hard alcohol any more cause it is hard to reproduce all the science thats in it today. but i have plenty of friends with microbrew setups. the zero tolerence i have to agree on. now the track i had alot of experence (4 years @ 200+ runs a year) before i quit smoking before i got there. im not saying my reaction times where crappy before but they did get better if i had not smoked before hand.

mirageturbo
08-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Yep stop wasting money on the war on drugs because the pot heads are just taking up space in jail. If you legalize it the stream of income from selling pot legally will allow the USA to focus on killing of other drugs coming into the USA.

BluesClues
08-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Weed should be legal and that's it!

A1EX
08-07-2006, 12:53 PM
no it shouldnt

{X}Echo419
08-07-2006, 02:07 PM
weed is like a fake vagina.

if you need 1 to have a good time I think that's pretty lame. but,

I don't give a shit if you have it or use it. just don't use it around me. :2cents: :ninja:

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
legal or not people still do it so what really does it matter tryin to get it legal??
its your life do what you want and when you get caught with it dont
be pissed at anyone but yourself, you chose to do it...

R3RUN
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
legal or not people still do it so what really does it matter tryin to get it legal??
its your life do what you want and when you get caught with it dont
be pissed at anyone but yourself, you chose to do it...

It matters because people are going to jail over it and billions of your tax dollars are going to fight it. Wouldn't you rather your tax money go to something more productive like education, road construction/repair, social security, etc.

I also think that there should be an age restriction on it to prevent, for instance, 6th and 7th graders from getting weed. Personally I would suggest 18 because I think it would please not only a good amount of those that smoke but a good amount of politicians and anti-drug advocates.

PRiMAdonna
08-08-2006, 12:22 AM

i concur...

ECMgarrett
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
i hope it never gets legalized.
it smells worse than shit and fucks with your mind. fuck that.

BTEC
08-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I DNT GIVE A DAMN WETHER IT GET LEGALIZD OR NOT. BUT IF IT INTERFERES WITH HOW THINGS WRKS AS FAR A SHITTY WORK OR WHATEVER, THE CONSEQUENCES SHOULD BE HIGHER. IF UR GONNA SMOKE, SMOKE RESPONSIBLY. <- I MADE THAT SLOGAN UP. YAWL SAW IT FIRST.

Ran
08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
It's only another step downhill IMO.

- The government spends lots of money trying to fight marijuana.
- So we legalize marijuana and now use that same money to fight cocaine.
- Oh no, now we're spending a lot of money on fighting cocaine!
- Why not just legalize cocaine now?
:rolleyes:

See how that's a real half@ssed excuse? Sure, there are worse drugs out there, but if you legalize something like marijuana, then other drug users will start pressing for legalization of other drugs. They'll even use the same excuses that you're using now.

Give somebody an inch, and they'll try to take a mile.

~The_Duke~
08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
My view on this is that if it was legal to have some of this stuff that it would not appeal to alot of the users because it isnt cool anymore...

For example, younger people such as high schoolers, try to go to parties where they can drink and you are 'cool' because you were able to get ahold of beer or what ever the beverage might be, but if your parents make this avaibable to you and tell you just dont drink but you can have all you want, then I bet that kid drinks alot less over the long run than those kids that have to be sneaky and do illegal things just to get it...

I think it would work the same way with some of our illegal drugs...but the strong ones hey why not legalize those to because then you would have some darwinism going on and we wouldnt have as many retarded people walking around...

SPOOLIN
08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I hate it and dont really associate with people i know that smoke it. I hate the SMELL worse then cigs. Its illegal for the time being so stay the fuck away. Not to mention, everyone i know that does smoke it, is amazingly a worthless waste of human life at the same time. Funny how that works. I dont know about coincidence on that one. Ive never tried it, and i wont. IF it ever becomes legal, ill feel differently about it and might associate with some of those people just cause i can and not worry about going to jail if they get caught and im near by but i wont be anywhere near it when its lit. God that shit STINKS and the wreaking cloud of it at concerts is THE WORST!

ctzfinest18
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
It matters because people are going to jail over it and billions of your tax dollars are going to fight it. Wouldn't you rather your tax money go to something more productive like education, road construction/repair, social security, etc.

I also think that there should be an age restriction on it to prevent, for instance, 6th and 7th graders from getting weed. Personally I would suggest 18 because I think it would please not only a good amount of those that smoke but a good amount of politicians and anti-drug advocates.

i feel the same way why fight over it ? its useless waste of time an money

lilmanx01
08-12-2006, 02:18 PM
its the gateway drug to other drugs most ppl would say... but its also the gateway drug for the cops to bust your ass...meaning bud smells a million ppl smoke it. they catch with a blunt...a lil nug whatever..the smell they get to search your ass. and boom they get your ass for a million other things...guns...other drugs or nething illegal. its an easy way for them to catch 'big fish' therefore i do not see them truly legalizing it. yes medicinal purposes and shit but thats probably about it..i dont think it will go back to the 70s or whatever where we can all puff a j posted up newhere blowin in a cops face

ctzfinest18
08-12-2006, 03:08 PM
yea i feel that one i think the smell is the only thing that gets you caught an if u act like an asshole cause the smell sticks to u hard an when u act dumb its like pointing at ur self jumping in circles saying officer im high come an search me ive got a dub in my pocket

lilmanx01
08-13-2006, 01:27 PM
^or worse in your pocket or on you. come on now how many ppl do you know that smoke bud.....AND THEN SOME. pop pills...tabs..bars...valiums..percusets...X... Then you have other drugs....that white, H, shrooms, cid..its all endless. THEN basically everyone that uses...sells. some real big time. some small time that buy little half quarters or quarters and jst sell off a lil to cover there money. but then out of all the ones that sell you have the ones that carry protection..knifes..guns whatever illegal and legal shit ya know

yea the gov could legalize it and make tons of tax money. but they could also keep it illegal along with all the other drugs and make a million more busts per year. get all the drugs...put them back in circulation...and bust even more. your not gona end crime by making crime legal. i think you have to look beyond jst bud...relate it to all the other drugs. lol and we all know everyone has/does smoke bud. therefore everyone has/or wants it to be legal

ctzfinest18
08-13-2006, 02:36 PM
^ tru tru i feel that i mean its nuthin if u think about it ive smoked bud but thats old new theres a time to grow up everyone that does it now will see soon enuff that theres no point an hopefully move on

cttdid666
08-13-2006, 09:51 PM
IMO drugs make the United States go round...if Bud were legal then a hell of alot of problems would drop and most ppl wouldn't use it as much.

SOHC MONSTER
08-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I agree. As long as its done responsibly and out of direct sight of public, then who cares? I don't smoke it anymore and the smell makes me sick. If you do it in your own home... Thats your business, not anyone elses...

lilmanx01
08-14-2006, 08:07 PM
oh yeah haha def makes the world go around. and i dont care if ppl smoke it...i dont ne more. but the smell def doesnt make me sick....haha reminds me of some wild times :bump:

green91
08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I dont see how the govt should be able to regulate what a person puts in their own body.

smk417
08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
i say legalize it. weed was made illegal only after prohibition because the gov didnt want people smoking insted of drinking, and smoking hasnt kill a single person in over 2000 years of cultivation. also mayor luguardia (not spelled right) of new york had the only real test on pot done and found that when not abused it had no negitive effects on the human body. (abuse meaning getting blitzed out of your skull all day every day.)

lilmanx01
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
i rmr someone looked it up and to OD from it you would have like smoke 10-20 pounds in 15 mins

twkg
08-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't think for a second that the use of marijuana would go down if it were legalized. People are getting past the whole stage of "Oh, what a thrill because it's illegal." It's more likely that people smoke because it makes them feel better, either physically or mentally. It is most definitely a gateway drug. People like the high. Thereafter seeking out an even better high from another substance.

Do I think it should be legalized? Hell no. Too much shit can go down during deals and I'm more than happy knowing that I'm not surrounded by that bullshit. I'm tired of being out driving and almost getting nailed by some dumbass hotboxing his ride. It's just as bad as drinking and there are laws involved with that as well.

SidewayzS14
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I used to smoke everyday and i dont think it shoudl be legal only because i mean yeah its weed and its not as bad as other drugs but if u really think about look what tabacco companys did to cigarettes they put all kinds of shit in them...one Marijuana is not an addictive drugs you get tobacco companies out there making weed cigarettes or sumthign you know their just gonna put more shit in their once you got people addicted to weed it just creates more problems also weed really does lead to other drugs most time i mean people get tired of smokign and want to try somethign new wether that be coke, ice,acid,x etc it just makes thigns worse and honestly cops are only really looking for the higher up people who are pushing pounds i know here in Gwinnett county you get pulled over with a little bit of green on you n a pipe most fot he time they arent gonna take u to jail they're just gonna take your shit and smash your pipe u just have to be hoenst about i cant tell you how manyt iem i've been blazed out of my mind and have told the truth and have had weed on me n pipes and the cops let me go with a warning for being hoenst like i said they are looking for worse drugs and also how many of us have been to concerts? just about everyone people smoke at concerts all the time and the cops dotn give a shit i mean take Weezer last year people were smoking right in front of cops and they didnt do shit just my :2cents: sorry for spelling mistakes

toonz
09-05-2006, 10:42 PM
It dosnt matter legal or not Im going to still smoke to get intouch with my inner feelings LOL

never2loud
09-05-2006, 10:48 PM
hell yeah just think about the commercials they'll make for iit that shit will be funny as hell, b/c they are going to have to advertise to sell so just think of the stupid shit they're going to come up with, i mean we already got stupid commercials now just think of when they do that.

toonz
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
If everyone were to smoke BobMarley this world would be a better place im not talking about getting stupid high im talking about high enough where you will still be able to handle your business

VTECin5th
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I dont smoke pot, and it should be legal becuase (even) though its not. People will still smoke pot all thier life what difference does it make

PRiMAdonna
09-09-2006, 12:34 AM
alcohol is legal, and it impairs your ability to function more than the effects of marijuana.
also, IMO the buying/selling of it would benefit out economy...

:2cents:

cceinc
09-21-2006, 09:23 AM
The reason they will not legalize it is they have no way of measuring how much you have had instantly like BAC. It is already a billion dollar industry for the Gov't. They make money form not only the fines but when they confincate the good and then resell it the the highest bidder overseas. Just like weapons the United States the Largest Drug and weapons dealer in the world.

Tasuki_Civic
09-21-2006, 09:30 AM
The reason they will not legalize it is they have no way of measuring how much you have had instantly like BAC. It is already a billion dollar industry for the Gov't. They make money form not only the fines but when they confincate the good and then resell it the the highest bidder overseas. Just like weapons the United States the Largest Drug and weapons dealer in the world.

i could have never said it better. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
09-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Wow!!! Some of you need to KEEP smoking whatever it is you're smoking and remember NOT to reproduce........some of yall are total malinformed idiots of the first degree.

IF you are going to defend ANYTHING, please do some half intelligent research. Smoking a blunt or a bowl with your boys on your back porch IS NOT research. Listening to your half lit bud that just did that bowl wit ya is also NOT research.

How is the gov't or anyone going to regulate it?

How are they going to modify it's use, i.e. how are you going to tell if someone is over the "limit"?

How are you going to determine what that "limit" is?

How are you going to tax it if it will suddenly become legal for people to sell it on the street?

How are you going to monitor production?

How are you going to regulate what one "farmer" puts onto his crop vs the other?

Some of you need to seriously read up on what a drug is and what it can and does to someone's body both physically and mentally. EVERY drug has a side effect. EVERY drug will diminish your ability to do certain things. Some people can function at .10 BAC while others are blatto at .05 BAC, eventhough one is "legal" and the other is not.

People will always do drugs that want to do drugs. It may be that marijuana is not the worst drug out there, but it is a drug. It affects the body just like any other substance. But just because it doesn't affect the body as violently as some other drugs don't make it out to be like it's candy. It's not. Not all pot is the same, trust me I KNOW.

Bottomline is that is not an easy answer to this. On one hand marijuana has shown some GOOD side effects, so it does have some positive uses. On the other hand you are opening up a pandorah's box by allowing one drug to be legal while keeping the others illegal. Who's to say that someone doesn't come along and demand that coke or heroin be made legal too?

We are being too simple minded if we think that there's one answer to this question. It's not that simple. There are lots of variables to think about.

thinkfast®
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I say go for it

Bballjamal
09-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Legalized bud would more than likely get toned down a bit which would mean more people would find ways to make it stronger. Then with it being legal, they wouldn't be so undercover to do testing and grow stronger strands!

I'm down for legalization.........

Tasuki_Civic
09-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I say go for it
hahahahaha

Tasuki_Civic
09-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Bballjamal

whose tha chick with her tittays out on your sig? interesting :boobies:

£G2♣
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Bballjamal

whose tha chick with her tittays out on your sig? interesting :boobies:

from what he made a thread about, it was some what a forein exchange friend from thai? :thinking:

that was his gift, from her before she left back, also got some :boobies: :idb: :idb:

StupidBikerBoy
09-25-2006, 01:16 AM

Not true.

There are ways for cops to test on location, just as drinking tests (lift one leg, taking so many steps in a line, etc.). I have personally been put through some of them.

Remember, the roadside test is only to determine reasonable doubt to detain and further test. None of the roadside tests are admisable in court, but the test you take when you are brought in is. They can easily test for MJ then.

They do issue DUI's for being high also, one of my boys got one.

And as far as it being a billion dollar industry for the gov't, they also spend billions on the enforcement of the laws.

And last, of course America is the largest drug and weapons dealer, we are also the richest by far. We are the largest dealer of many other things also.

StupidBikerBoy
09-25-2006, 01:19 AM
I still say we should legalize it, and tax it.

Spend the tax money on education of drugs and clinics to help those that want to get away from it.

Big J
09-25-2006, 06:21 AM
It's one of the few herbal medicines that actually work. Given a choice between Benadryl, Ambien, or marijuana for my sleep problems, marijuana hands down (I don't smoke it due to the possible legal issues). Another issue is even w/ insurance Ambien has a $50 copay, the drug company is going to get paid so long as their drug has a market. Marijuana seriously competes with a lot of drug catagories. Another reason marijuana remains illegal is it is so heavily associated with the counter colture movment in the 60's 70', wether or not it had any direct effect on the magnitude of it, the governmet would rather err on the side of caution as far as risking that marijuana could be a scocial catalyst. It could go on and on, tax dollars, criminalize citizens, medical, ect. So everyone who said it should stay illegal, go fix yourself another drink and think it over again.

Jaimecbr900
09-25-2006, 09:08 AM
There are ways for cops to test on location, just as drinking tests (lift one leg, taking so many steps in a line, etc.). I have personally been put through some of them.

Field sobriety tests is one thing, detection is another.

Remember, the roadside test is only to determine reasonable doubt to detain and further test. None of the roadside tests are admisable in court, but the test you take when you are brought in is. They can easily test for MJ then.

Exactly HOW are they going to determine that?

The amount of THC in your body?

Did you know that THC remains in your body, depending on the users dosage, for up to a month? So, how are they going to be able to prove that THC detected today is not remnants of toking up yesterday or a week ago?

THC metabolizes into your fat cells and is stored there. That is how people get "violated" for using while out of jail on probation or parole. Tests show they used, not how much. How much happens to be the only determining factor in sobriety. You can smoke a J today and the "high" be over in a few hours. How does that make you guilty of a DUI a week from now? It doesn't. But if you use THC measurements and equipment that the police would likely use, it only shows that you smoked....not when nor how much.

So again, HOW are you going to determine who is and isn't "under the influence" in the field? Police will not be able to take the amount of time nor use the very expensive equipment needed to accurately determine someone's current THC content.

They do issue DUI's for being high also, one of my boys got one.

How'd they test him for being under the influence of anything but alcohol?

Your boy probably admitted to doing the drug and thereby given the admission of guilt can and does get charged. As explained above, a pee test will only determine if he smoked MJ, not how much nor when.

Bballjamal
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
lmao! Yea it was a friend that was visiting from thailand! She lived here in atlanta most of her life but moved to thai about 3yrs ago. She came back for a couple weeks and we jumped off pretty good from the last time we knew each other! Then Eg2 finishes off the rest well!

that was his gift from her before she left back (to thai), also got some :boobies: :idb: :idb:

In a nutshell :goodjob:

StupidBikerBoy
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Field sobriety tests is one thing, detection is another.

There ARE field sobriety test that determine recent use of MJ. As I said I have been subjected to a few. The one I remember is where they shined a light in my and told me to look in the other direction, only turning my eyes. I dont have a clue what they were looking for. Look into it if you don't believe me, but I'm not making this up.

THC remains in your body, depending on the users dosage, for up to a month? So, how are they going to be able to prove that THC detected today is not remnants of toking up yesterday or a week ago?

There are numerous ways to test for it, and a hair folicle test can determine the time frame it was used. A piss test is only used to determine use, there are others that yield more results.

How'd they test him for being under the influence of anything but alcohol?

Your boy probably admitted to doing the drug and thereby given the admission of guilt can and does get charged. As explained above, a pee test will only determine if he smoked MJ, not how much nor when.

I don't know what test they used in court, I wasn't there. But I do know that he didn't admit to it and tried to fight it. And again, a piss test is not the only method used to test for drug use.

Jaimecbr900
09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
There ARE field sobriety test that determine recent use of MJ. As I said I have been subjected to a few. The one I remember is where they shined a light in my and told me to look in the other direction, only turning my eyes. I dont have a clue what they were looking for. Look into it if you don't believe me, but I'm not making this up.

That test is administered as an initial sign of sobriety. If your pupils do not respond quickly enough to the light, you are thought to be under the influence of SOMETHING. That in itself is NOT enough evidence to convice anyone of anything. It gives reasonable cause for the officer to be allowed to go further. Just like field sobriety tests. You will not get convicted of DUI on a field sobriety test ALONE. That is why they bring you into the PD to test you AGAIN.

There are numerous ways to test for it, and a hair folicle test can determine the time frame it was used. A piss test is only used to determine use, there are others that yield more results.

You would have lots of innocent people in jail, which would subsequently cause a huge backlog of lawsuits against the PD if you are going to use a folicle test for each and every one of the people suspected of DUI. It takes a long time for a hair folicle test to be done and results returned. What are you going to do with the person in the meantime? You can't put someone in jail w/o proof....proof doesn't come for a few weeks.....what are you going to do? Put that person in jail until then? What if it comes back negative for MJ? Wouldn't you be liable for damages and wrongful incarceration?

No PD will ever be stupid enough to open themselves up for lawsuit action like that. You have to have a method of testing that not only gives you accurate results, but it also gives you those results right then and there.

Again, do the research and find a testing method that fits those two criteria at the same time.

I don't know what test they used in court, I wasn't there. But I do know that he didn't admit to it and tried to fight it. And again, a piss test is not the only method used to test for drug use.

There are tests out there that determine if you've had THC lately, but the problem with DUI cases is that you have to prove that you have THC right now and at which amount. THC is stored in the body, even when you are not high and when you are not smoking right this minute. That's the big problem. The only tests accurate enough to determine how much and when take a lot of time and are expensive. Therefore, they are useless for officers in the field that have to make a determination of someone's sobriety right then and there. Unlike alcohol, THC is absorbed differently in the body. If it got into the blood stream and stayed there for a specific amount of time at a specific metabolic rate, fine. But it doesn't at all.

So the very first case that went to court someone could simply say that they ingested some or even inhaled by accident as second hand smoke a week ago and that's how it showed up in their system. Both ways will show positive test results, but neither shows the person was under the influence when they were tested. So how could it hold up in court?

Again, I'm not supporting the ban of MJ all together because it does have positive effects unlike other drugs. But we also have to realize that its not as easy as just letting people do it whenever because it's not as easy as that either.

Demo-Del-Sol
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
hell yeah it should be legal

SloWRX
09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
ofcourse it should be... but should be forbidden to be smoked in certain places

cornerdiver
09-28-2006, 10:24 PM
by Jello Biafra
From I Blow Minds for a Living, recorded at Slim's, San Francisco, Nov 21, 1990

Does anybody out there know that for the first time in American history the U.S. Army was used in a war operation against the American people? Right near here, up in Humboldt County about 200 miles north of San Francisco right near a town called Shelter Cove, get this: three- to four-hundred American G.I.s dressed with automatic rifles and fully armed for battle, fanned out on maneuvers through the woods, backed up by a dozen Blackhawk attack helicopters. The mountain people up there were frightened out of their wits! They thought there was a war going on, especially the ones that had soldiers kicking in
And they actually did manage to find a few for the G.I.s to pull up, and then they had to fly in more from the government stash so the pile would look big enough when they lit the bonfire for the
If we're serious about saving the earth, saving the ozone and our freedom to go about saving the earth and the ozone, we should start by paying all those dirt-poor coca farmers in South America and out-of-work loggers in Fortuna and Eureka, and Midwest family farmers and rust-belt families too, to all get together and grow more pot!

Why? Get ready for this...! There's a book out called The Emperor Wears No Clothes. The author's name is Jack Herer. It's published by Queen of Clubs, and I think there's ads for it in High Times, or NORML, the National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws, could direct you to a copy I'm sure, and in this book, among other places, it is written that before the 20th century, the marijuana plant provided almost all the world's paper, all the world's clothing and textiles, and almost all the world's rope.

According to none other than the U.S. Department of Agriculture you can make four times as much paper from one acre of hemp plants as you can from an acre of trees. And instead of chopping down all the redwoods in Humboldt County and turning Northern California, Oregon and Washington and Appalachia into the Sahara Desert, if you do it with hemp plants, you can just grow another crop a few months later and make more paper! At one-quarter the cost of making paper from wood pulp and only one-fifth the pollution. The ancient Romans knew this and grew it, Henry VIII made each farmer in old England grow their share, because they knew if you want the strongest natural fiber there is, you all have gotta do your part for the King and grow more pot!

And we did, too! Guess what Levi jeans were originally made out of? And guess what American flags used to be made out of? And guess what the early drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were written on? And if that's too un-Christian for you, guess what they made Guttenberg and King James Bibles out of? Guess what you can use to power a car? You can get at least four times as much cellulose to make gasohol or methanol from hemp stems as you can from a corn stalk. Which along with solar energy would be a great way to avoid dying for oil in Saudi Arabia.

In the 1920s and 1930s most American cars and farm machinery had the option of running on gas or on methanol; most racing cars still do run on methanol. And George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis on their plantations and smoked it, too!

In the 1760s in the American colonies you could even be jailed for not growing pot! Because that was part of the key to becoming economically independent from Britain. Hemp was legal tender in the Americas, a substitute for money, from 1630 clear up to the early 1800s. And hemp seeds are a great source of protein, better than soybeans, and it's cheaper than soybeans, too. Or so says the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Marijuana is legal for medical use in 34 states used to treat glaucoma and pain caused by cancer, and you can digest more protein from a hemp seed than a soybean seed. It's even shown some signs at being able to combat herpes. And, guess what kind of a parachute Mr. Drug War Junta-Man himself George Bush used when he bailed out of that bomber in World War II?

Hemp was illegal by then, but farmers were briefly ordered to grow it again in this country for the war effort and all, and the U.S. Army had their own stash all along in the colonies in the Philippines.

So, how did everything get turned around so damn bad? Doesn't it strike you as a little dumb that we burn oil and choke ourselves and chop down all our trees and ruin innocent people's lives by branding them criminals and throwing them in jails, or sending them off to drug camps, or taking all their property and selling it before they're brought to trial? In the process, making crack and heroin cheaper and easier to get than pot? Why do we do this when we don't have to?

Meanwhile the Police Chief of L.A., Darryl Gates gets front page approval for telling a U.S. Senate committee that pot smokers should be shot on sight. Because smoking pot is treason because, after all, it's illegal.

Why was marijuana cracked down on? And why was it done so violently? Well ... Ready?!

In 1936 Popular Mechanics magazine hailed the invention of a new machine to process hemp, predicting that marijuana/hemp would once again become the world's largest cash crop. This did not at all sit well with people like Hearst Paper Manufacturing or Kimberly-Clark or other cutthroat multinationals who happen to have large timber holdings. It didn't sit to well with tobacco barons for obvious reasons, and it sure as hell didn't sit too well with old buddies DuPont. Hemp processing uses only one-fifth the chemicals need to process wood pulp, and DuPont had just patented a new wood pulp sulfide process, and DuPont's patented plastic fibers had just passed up hemp as the No. 2 fiber, next to cotton, and they wanted to keep it that way!

And the last thing the big drug companies wanted was to lose their share of the ever lucrative disease industry market, to more affordable medicine made from marijuana or other natural ingredients because, check this out, you can't own and make money off a patent for medicine in this country, unless the medicine has chemicals in it. If it's all natural ingredients, you can't patent it. Maybe that's why we don't have access to a cure for cancer or AIDS, or why the health food store I go to keeps getting harassed by federal authorities for selling herbal medicines.

Meanwhile, guess who owns Congress? So marijuana was outlawed in 1937 and they fanned the racism fires playing the racism card just like they do when they want to crack down on rock-and-roll or rap or hip hop or something like that. They said that smoking marijuana might cause you to fall under the influence of listening to jazz! I believe that it was even said on the floor of Congress that marijuana had to be banned because smoking it might make a black man look at a white woman twice. And let's not forget that U.S. Treasury Department funded documentary film, called, "Reefer Madness!" So marijuana was outlawed as devil weed in 1937. Only 53 years ago it was legal. Need I say more, on why our beloved fearless leaders go out of their way to censor our access to information so damn much? Can you imagine the mass outrage if this kind of stuff ever really got out? And people knew that this big drug problem that they keep reading about and hearing about is being caused by the government themselves? And people knew how easily each one of us individually could turn our ecological and human crisis around without resorting to Nazi bullshit like oil wars and drug wars by just saying no! to George Bush.

And if people knew that the very companies that provide us with such crucial conveniences as Kleenex, paper towels and junk mail, have systematically and brutally rearranged every single one of our lives so that we are literally wiping our ass with out own future?

not my words but heres i got it from my friends myspace and thought it was one of the most intresting arguments some one else might have brought up some of her points to but she really gives very good defined issues for it to be legalized.

Sushi
09-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I got an mp3 of the post above. PM me if you want it.

StupidBikerBoy
09-29-2006, 03:45 AM
That test is administered as an initial sign of sobriety. If your pupils do not respond quickly enough to the light, you are thought to be under the influence of SOMETHING. That in itself is NOT enough evidence to convice anyone of anything. It gives reasonable cause for the officer to be allowed to go further. Just like field sobriety tests. You will not get convicted of DUI on a field sobriety test ALONE. That is why they bring you into the PD to test you AGAIN.

I never said a field sobriety test was enough to convict.

I was not reffering to the pupil test. That is a general test anyways, for many drugs. If you'd look back I my post, I said they made me look in the other direction while they shined the light. They were not shining the light at my pupils. They were looking for something else. I don't know what.

You would have lots of innocent people in jail, which would subsequently cause a huge backlog of lawsuits against the PD if you are going to use a folicle test for each and every one of the people suspected of DUI. It takes a long time for a hair folicle test to be done and results returned.

Not true. My company (BASF) has drug tested with the hair folicle test and gotten results the following day.

You should do a little research on drug testing.

Hell, they can use a blood test to determine recent use also. If a blood test reveals THC, that means recent use. If it reveals Carboxy THC or any other MJ metabolite (which is what remains in your body for up to a month), it is not considered impairment.

No PD will ever be stupid enough to open themselves up for lawsuit action like that. You have to have a method of testing that not only gives you accurate results, but it also gives you those results right then and there.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4940

There are tests out there that determine if you've had THC lately, but the problem with DUI cases is that you have to prove that you have THC right now and at which amount. THC is stored in the body, even when you are not high and when you are not smoking right this minute. That's the big problem. The only tests accurate enough to determine how much and when take a lot of time and are expensive. Therefore, they are useless for officers in the field that have to make a determination of someone's sobriety right then and there. Unlike alcohol, THC is absorbed differently in the body. If it got into the blood stream and stayed there for a specific amount of time at a specific metabolic rate, fine. But it doesn't at all.

This is irrelevant. All they need to determine is suspicion to get them to the police station for further testing, which is done by field testing.

So the very first case that went to court someone could simply say that they ingested some or even inhaled by accident as second hand smoke a week ago and that's how it showed up in their system. Both ways will show positive test results, but neither shows the person was under the influence when they were tested. So how could it hold up in court?

A piss test can only detect MJ for so many days depending on the persons metabolism. If they were telling the truth, it would come up negative after a weeks time.

A blood test would reveal THC metabolites if he's telling the truth, which is not enough to convict in most states (but it is in some). If the test revealed actual THC, the he has not metabolized it yet which is proof of recent use.

As I have said, I have PERSONALLY seen someone convicted of this and I have provided a link of a similar case.

Don't believe me if you wish, I feel I have provided enough proof. Thanks for the discussion.:goodjob:

Slowboy
09-29-2006, 07:37 AM
yes

Jaimecbr900
09-29-2006, 07:54 AM
I was not reffering to the pupil test. That is a general test anyways, for many drugs. If you'd look back I my post, I said they made me look in the other direction while they shined the light. They were not shining the light at my pupils. They were looking for something else. I don't know what.

They made you look in a different direction but it was for the SAME reason.

You looked away in order for your pupils to look into the dark, then swing back into the light which causes NORMAL pupils to shrink quickly. If they stay dialated or "blown", it shows signs of impairment. It will NOT show WHAT caused the impairment. :screwy:

Just like ANY field sobriety test shows you're impaired or not, but how do you think that shows it's MJ, cocaine, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc????? THAT is my point and you don't seem to get it. Field sobriety only gives them a reason to arrest you and take you IN. After that they have to prove RIGHT THEN AND THERE, not a day later, not a week later that you are RIGHT THEN AND THERE IMPAIRED. How do you suggest they do that? As has been explained 10 times already, MJ is absorbed differently than alcohol and therefore the mere presence of THC doesn't mean you JUST smoked it. You could've smoked it a week ago and still test positive.

Not true. My company (BASF) has drug tested with the hair folicle test and gotten results the following day.

That's possibly because they use it sparingly. #1 your company only has to prove that someone "uses", not always do they have to prove WHEN. So 99% of the time a simple positive means there is enough grounds for a company policy violation. #2 I'm willing to bet that they don't do 100 folicle tests a day, right? What do you think is going to happen when police departments all over the state start using the same people for folicle testing? Do you think the turn around time is still going to be a day? BTW, what are you going to do with someone UNTIL the results come back??? :thinking: You can't hold someone on "suspicion" of DUI. What if the test comes back negative after holding someone even for a day? Lawsuit and rightly so is what happens.

You should do a little research on drug testing.

I've challenged you to find an immidiate THC test available, and you've yet to answer that challenge. Seems like it's YOU that needs to do the research. :rolleyes:

I was in Law Enforcement many years ago. I've DONE my research already. Proof is still proof today. You can't just hold someone on suspicion. You have to prove their guilt not only the day of the infraction but also in case it goes to court.

Hell, they can use a blood test to determine recent use also. If a blood test reveals THC, that means recent use. If it reveals Carboxy THC or any other MJ metabolite (which is what remains in your body for up to a month), it is not considered impairment.

So what good does testing that shows use a month ago do for someone TODAY????? :rolleyes:

"Recent use" is not good enough to convict anyone for driving TODAY. So what good does that test do towards a DUI???? :thinking:

This is irrelevant. All they need to determine is suspicion to get them to the police station for further testing, which is done by field testing.

What's irrelevant is what are you going to do when you do get someone back to the station if you can't show he is under impairment RIGHT NOW.....so all the field testing is for not.

A piss test can only detect MJ for so many days depending on the persons metabolism. If they were telling the truth, it would come up negative after a weeks time.

What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China.... :rolleyes:

A blood test would reveal THC metabolites if he's telling the truth, which is not enough to convict in most states (but it is in some). If the test revealed actual THC, the he has not metabolized it yet which is proof of recent use.

You're stuck on that "recent use" thing aren't you. Go search the GA Law books and find where ANY law allows for conviction on the assumption of "recent use" for DUI. It has to be at the time he/she is driving, not a week ago...... :rolleyes: So all this "recent use" crap is totally worthless.

Don't believe me if you wish, I feel I have provided enough proof. Thanks for the discussion.:goodjob:

You've provided only proof for "recent use" tests which is like taking a birth control pill AFTER getting pregnant. What good does that do???? :rolleyes:

thinkfast®
09-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Im gettin impaired right now

SL65AMG
10-02-2006, 06:32 AM
I dont see it ever really being sold in stores unless it was tobacco shops or head shops or maybe even stores dedicated to selling it, I cant see it being prerolled and sold in packs like cigarettes if it ever actually did get legalized. It will definatly never be sold in Publix or any other well know, family oriented store.

in amsterdam....well in all of holland really, they sell prerolled ....yeah...."joints" i guess. theyre called "stickies" which is a slang term for what theyre really called(which i dont know). But you can buy them already rolled and theyre amazing. they are mixed with tobacco and weed/hash and you can only buy them in "coffeeshops" - the ones with the neon signs. but the same general idea could be applied here and it could work out well....or i guess it could go to shit but i think theres a better change of success.

bdydrpdmazda
10-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I think selling it prerolled would suck, once the bud is broken up it begins to dry out, then it burns fast and becomes harsh on the throat and lungs. Now, prerolled blunts is another story.

StupidBikerBoy
10-09-2006, 02:36 AM
They made you look in a different direction but it was for the SAME reason.

You looked away in order for your pupils to look into the dark, then swing back into the light which causes NORMAL pupils to shrink quickly. If they stay dialated or "blown", it shows signs of impairment. It will NOT show WHAT caused the impairment.

Dude, for the last freakin time, THEY WEREN'T LOOKING IN MY PUPILS. I was there remember. IT WAS NOT THE DUMBASS PUPIL TEST. :screwy:

I've challenged you to find an immidiate THC test available, and you've yet to answer that challenge. Seems like it's YOU that needs to do the research. :rolleyes:

HELLO. BLOOD TEST!! Let me explain this to you one more time since you seem to have reading comprehension issues. A blood test can show 3 things. no THC, THC, or THC metabolites. If the test shows THC metabolites then it means that the subject has use MJ but it has been metabolized and no time frame can be determined. If the test shows actual THC, that hasn't been metabolized, it means the subject has used within the last few hours depending on the subjects metabolism.

You're stuck on that "recent use" thing aren't you. Go search the GA Law books and find where ANY law allows for conviction on the assumption of "recent use" for DUI. It has to be at the time he/she is driving, not a week ago...... :rolleyes: So all this "recent use" crap is totally worthless.

OK, since you obviously missed the link in my last post WHICH IS TO A CONVICTION FOR MJ DUI, I'll post it again.

So, yet again, I have proven my statements and backed them up with links, which you have yet to prove any of your BS.

Since you can only reply with your opinion and nothing else, I'm not going to continue trying to explain this to you. Like I said before, do some research before you talk out of your ass.:rolleyes:

PRiMAdonna
10-09-2006, 02:40 AM
I think selling it prerolled would suck, once the bud is broken up it begins to dry out, then it burns fast and becomes harsh on the throat and lungs. Now, prerolled blunts is another story.

prerolled with the really sticky stuff, you know what im talkin bout....fresh buds, roll it up in da blunt, then package it in air-tight plastic....

good to go! man....if only...

PRiMAdonna
10-09-2006, 02:41 AM
in amsterdam....well in all of holland really, they sell prerolled ....yeah...."joints" i guess. theyre called "stickies" which is a slang term for what theyre really called(which i dont know). But you can buy them already rolled and theyre amazing. they are mixed with tobacco and weed/hash and you can only buy them in "coffeeshops" - the ones with the neon signs. but the same general idea could be applied here and it could work out well....or i guess it could go to shit but i think theres a better change of success.
is it good weed or is it shitty since it's mixed with tobacco and hash?
i mean, is it a good high?

bdydrpdmazda
10-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i like rolling my own shit

I bought a hooka today here in Iraq, its the shit and its authentic, Im pretty pumped to give it a toke, with only the finest tobacco obviously.

bdydrpdmazda
10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Premium Alaska bud.......

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j244/clintonmanning/bluebud2.jpg

BigTs13
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
nice

Sonny BonaHo
10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
overgrow.com has some interesting stuff on it.

teggy 2nr
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
if alcohol is legal then why not mj?!!....alcohol is more dangerous IMO

The Golden Child
10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
i got 10 lbs waiting to get picked up ..

GIXXERDK
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I can only imagine how chaotic things will get if it gets legalized. People would be driving down with a joint, I'm sorry but that something I dont want. A BUNCH OF RETARDS ON THE ROAD.

Seriously, have you guys thought about the consequences?

twkg
10-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I can only imagine how chaotic things will get if it gets legalized. People would be driving down with a joint, I'm sorry but that something I dont want. A BUNCH OF RETARDS ON THE ROAD.

Thank you. :goodjob: Another thing I would be worried about, should it ever be made legal.

BluesClues
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Just finished a discussion in my health class on all drugs including weed. Of course weed is the less "harmful" one. Def. my drug of choice over alchohol.

dc2teg2006
10-30-2006, 06:38 PM
yes!! it a harmless grass that everyone can enjoy!!! :)

toonz
10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
i got 10 lbs waiting to get picked up ..
stop with the lie's LOL:D

Jaimecbr900
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Dude, for the last freakin time, THEY WEREN'T LOOKING IN MY PUPILS. I was there remember. IT WAS NOT THE DUMBASS PUPIL TEST. :screwy:

I didn't even know this thread was still going, but....

Since you're so well versed on Law Enforcement Procedures, tell us exactly what it was they were looking at when they shined a light into your eyes.

HELLO. BLOOD TEST!! Let me explain this to you one more time since you seem to have reading comprehension issues. A blood test can show 3 things. no THC, THC, or THC metabolites. If the test shows THC metabolites then it means that the subject has use MJ but it has been metabolized and no time frame can be determined. If the test shows actual THC, that hasn't been metabolized, it means the subject has used within the last few hours depending on the subjects metabolism.

Really? What Blood test is there that shows you're CURRENTLY under the influence?

You don't seem to get it. Regular Blood tests only show if you have EVER been in contact with THC. NOT when, NOT how much. According to GA DUI laws ANY amount of THC in your system is good enough for a conviction. How's that fair? What if I was standing next to a buddy who was smoking and I got some second hand smoke, 2 wks ago? A blood test would merely red flag the presence of THC. It metabolizes at a completely different rate than does ALCOHOL, which metabolizes at a VERY predictable rate because it does so thru the BLOOD and not FATTY tissues like THC.

You are the one that has a comprehension problem. You don't get that it is not fair, nor should it be legal to convict someone without being able to PROVE that they were impaired WHEN they were behind the wheel. The law doesn't say "impaired sometime", it says you have to be impaired AT THE TIME OF.

Yes, it is possible to determine with much more accuracy through some elaborate testing procedures the actual amount of THC at a certain time. BUT those tests are not only expensive, but TIME CONSUMING. THC levels drop off dramatically after 3 hours. What LAB is going to test at 3 a.m.? What are you going to do with this person UNTIL then? You haven't PROVEN he/she is impaired, therefore you CAN'T detain them. What are you going to do then?

Until they develop a testing procedure which gives accurate and more importantly LEGAL results in the FIELD, you can NOT do this.

OK, since you obviously missed the link in my last post WHICH IS TO A CONVICTION FOR MJ DUI, I'll post it again.

Really? I guess you didn't read that website as closely as you thought you did. If you had, you'd seen this:

"The conviction of Bryan Love was a travesty. A conviction based on “prior crimes” evidence or character evidence would be condemned by this court and swiftly reversed. However, this ridiculous law allowed the jury to convict an unimpaired driver of DUI simply because he had smoked marijuana sometime in the past. The status of being a marijuana smoker instantly made him an impaired driver."

AND this:

"Flimsy science can no longer be used as an excuse for leaving a law on the books that puts unimpaired drivers in jail for DUI. The State and Defense witnesses agreed on the central flaw in §40-6-391(a)(6), its arbitrariness. Because it arbitrarily and unnecessarily discriminates against sober, unimpaired drivers who happen to have certain inert compounds in their bodies, it violates equal protection. Because this arbitrariness can be eliminated without compromising public safety by prosecuting DUI / drug suspects under §40-6-391(a)(2) and the Controlled Substances Act, the statute offends substantive due process as well. "

AND this:

"The “any amount” DUI-drugs law is a very inefficient way to prevent drug impaired driving, and the associated costs are unacceptable. There exists the constant risk of punishing an unimpaired driver for DUI."

AND this:

"The public has absolutely no interest in prosecuting unimpaired drivers for DUI. As shown above, there is no connection between the presence of marijuana metabolites in the blood and impaired driving ability. When applied to persons in Appellant’s position, the statute simply acts to deter marjuana consumption by criminalizing tha act of driving within two or three weeks of drugs use. Although it may be in the public interest to deter such drug use, there are better ways to do so than prosecuting sober drivers for DUI simply because a screening test indicates that they used marijuana at some time in the past. "

AND how about this little tid bit?:

"Since the evidence of smoking marijuana remains in the body for such a long time, a positive drug screen within an hour or so of an arrest does not mean that the driver was “high” or under the influence of the drug while driving.8 He might have been high two weeks ago. "

So, yet again, I have proven my statements and backed them up with links, which you have yet to prove any of your BS.

I have more than proven my "BS" many times over. YOU on the other hand have just been shot with your own ammo. You want more "proof" that current testing methods are not the way to tell if someone is "high" at the time of their arrest??? Go do your own research. I've challenged you ten times to show PROOF of a field testing method that ACCURATELY shows someone is "high" WHEN they get pulled over. You've yet to meet that challenge. Until then, you have no argument. The LAW states that the STATE has to PROVE someone is impaired AT THE TIME THEY ARE IN CONTROL OF A MOTOR VEHICLE. NOT 3 wks ago, not even a day ago. RIGHT NOW. Show me where a simple blood test can show you that at 3 a.m. in anytown U.S.A. and you may have a point. Until then, you don't.

Since you can only reply with your opinion and nothing else, I'm not going to continue trying to explain this to you. Like I said before, do some research before you talk out of your ass.:rolleyes:

Look above and see who has done "research" and who hasn't. It's clear to everyone else reading, why are you having such a hard time with it?

Like I said above, maybe it's YOU that's having the reading comprehension problems, huh? :rolleyes:

burnout1990
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
interesting... but theres still one big thing No one I've ever talked to has answered. How can you continue to tell children or anyone for the matter that drugs are bad mmmkay and legalize a drug at the same time? If pots legal and its a drug does that mean its ok to do other drugs just because one is legal. The fact of this argument will go on for years because no matter how much money could be made legalizing pot the pro's and con's are near even to me.

Jaimecbr900
11-02-2006, 02:23 PM
interesting... but theres still one big thing No one I've ever talked to has answered. How can you continue to tell children or anyone for the matter that drugs are bad mmmkay and legalize a drug at the same time? If pots legal and its a drug does that mean its ok to do other drugs just because one is legal. The fact of this argument will go on for years because no matter how much money could be made legalizing pot the pro's and con's are near even to me.

It has been mentioned.

I mentioned it back in post #93. Noone has tried to answer that question yet is the problem.

Like I said since the beginning, it's not as easy as just saying "fuck it, chief it up...." because there are lots of other variables to consider. If those variables were in place, I'd say go for it. But they're not, so I don't see how they could just legalize it as everyone thinks they should.

I agree with you though. :goodjob:

SniperJoe
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
They had been doing some testing with this concept for detecting impairment:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FXS/is_2_80/ai_70651816

Basically, it uses a computer to track your vision following a moving object to determine if you are impaired for any reason, be it drugs, alcohol or even sleep deprivation. I think that would be a good starting point for future development. That article is somewhat dated, so I am not sure if any advances have been made lately.

http://www.eyedynamics.com/SafetyScopeGEN.htm
http://www.visionetx.com/

Jaimecbr900
11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
They had been doing some testing with this concept for detecting impairment:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FXS/is_2_80/ai_70651816

Basically, it uses a computer to track your vision following a moving object to determine if you are impaired for any reason, be it drugs, alcohol or even sleep deprivation. I think that would be a good starting point for future development. That article is somewhat dated, so I am not sure if any advances have been made lately.

http://www.eyedynamics.com/SafetyScopeGEN.htm
http://www.visionetx.com/

See, now something like that could be a possible solution. :goodjob:

VTECin5th
11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
NO

Kyle
11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't smoke, don't care. If people want to smoke it's cool with me.

seksehowy
11-13-2006, 12:33 AM

the marijuanna plant would destroy the textile industry, paper industry, it is cheap source of biodeisel fuel, it produce better cooking oils, and it grow rapidly so cultivation would be fast. Just a quick fact, papers made from marijuana stem can last 300 years without fading. gg.
btw. the reason to that statement is greed. by not allowing that plant to be legalize, they can charge you 2 dollar something for cigarette/tobacco pack and 2.01 for gas.
and i voted i dont care.

BiH1320
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
ahh idk?

MusicIsLife
11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Quality control.. we couldn't maintain the quality.. if it was grown to "standards", what is in it, how old, bla bla bla. Also it couldn't be taxed. Why buy it for some jacked up price at the store when people will still buy it from the local guy behind blockbuster like they always have. It would just be like moonshining.

I'm all for the legalization and think it would be awesome to go to my house with no worries that I'm baked, or be able to stand those few times of church I meet up with the family for, or w/e and wouldn't feel guilty..:doh:

GTScoob
11-26-2006, 04:35 AM
Quality control.. we couldn't maintain the quality.. if it was grown to "standards", what is in it, how old, bla bla bla. Also it couldn't be taxed. Why buy it for some jacked up price at the store when people will still buy it from the local guy behind blockbuster like they always have. It would just be like moonshining.

You really think it would be cheaper buying it from some sketchball than from a store legally? See my old post. If it is legalized, even after taxation, there is no way that it would cost more than it does nowadays. Tobacco is so cheap but you end up paying as assload in taxes, think the same deal.

MR. 200SX
11-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Weed will never be legalized in this country. This country has too many issues already. They don't even let kids play what the want at school.

On_Her_Face
11-26-2006, 12:36 PM

that and the government wouldnt let it pass because they wouldnt get their cut on it... aka taxes..

and about the post above me, the guy is right they dont have anymore rubber balls to play with in dodgeball, even in fucking high school (what im in) we bought rubber balls that we can play with though!! so now its fun

Nochitt
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Don't know if it was said or not, but everyone should read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" By Jack Herer. It's been revised a view times, but it is completely compiled from Government sources and credited sources. The consumption of Marijuana to get high is the least beneficial trait of marijuana. It can be used from fuel, food, paint, paper, building, clothes etc.. I could fill a whole web page with awesome information.

I believe it should be legal. Not only because I love to get high, but it is far too resourceful to be illegal.
HOWEVER
I strongly doubt the greedy MAN gives a shit what it's people want, it just wants our money. It can be efficiently taxed...i.e. tobacco. Tobacco has a MAJOR tax, but I don't know a single soul that grows tobacco.
And I'll stop there because I get emotional with the sweet leaf.

p.s. If anyone needs an extra set of golden lungs, hit me up.

GTScoob
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
How can you test people for THC consumption? Once somebody can make a breathalyzer of sorts it will be much more likely to become legal.

StupidBikerBoy
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THE GOVT CANT TAX IT??

Thats the most retarded statement I've ever heard. If it was made legal the gov't would treat it just as they do tobacco or alcohol and tax it. Why would it be any different?? If it was made legal it wouldn't carry the same street value anymore, and 99% of people would stop growing it illegally due to it not being worth the consequences.

It would be no different than alcohol after prohibition. How many people bother with moonshine anymore? Very few.:screwy:

How can you test people for THC consumption? Once somebody can make a breathalyzer of sorts it will be much more likely to become legal.

No deffinate roadside test, however they can take you in with probable cause and do a blood test. I would think that would take finding some seeds or something like that though. Not sure what would warrant that.

Numerous people have been convicted of MJ DUI's from a blood test. I posted a link to one that was in the news a while back in an earlier post. A blood test can tell if a person has THC or THC metabolites in his system. If he has THC metabolites it only means he's used in the past month and they can't convict. But if they find THC in your system it means it hasn't been metabolized and basically you are still high. They can and HAVE convictted people of MJ DUI in this manner.

R3RUN
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM

Have you not opened your eyes while driving recently? The road is already full of retards. I'm not trying to say that people should be allowed to smoke and drive, because they shouldn't, but you're argument is flawed. Yes there are consequences to society but I see it like this: Even if 10% of the money earned from taxes went to the education system in this country it would be enough to provide a much better education to the country's children.

idriveasloweclipse
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Numerous people have been convicted of MJ DUI's from a blood test. I posted a link to one that was in the news a while back in an earlier post. A blood test can tell if a person has THC or THC metabolites in his system. If he has THC metabolites it only means he's used in the past month and they can't convict. But if they find THC in your system it means it hasn't been metabolized and basically you are still high. They can and HAVE convictted people of MJ DUI in this manner.

Yea, a good buddy of mine spent the rest of his probation term (6 months) in jail after the blood test showed THC in his system. They accused him of being "high".

This is an issue that will never be solved in America. Logically, it should be legal. It will not be legal anytime soon, that is for sure. As for the driving issue, there would not be more people on the road "smokin the reefer" just because it was legal. The same people will be doing the same thing. Personally, I am more concerned with people driving drunk than people driving stoned. This is a never-ending debate. :rolleyes:

Jaimecbr900
12-17-2006, 11:54 PM
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THE GOVT CANT TAX IT??

Thats the most retarded statement I've ever heard. If it was made legal the gov't would treat it just as they do tobacco or alcohol and tax it. Why would it be any different?? If it was made legal it wouldn't carry the same street value anymore, and 99% of people would stop growing it illegally due to it not being worth the consequences.

What consequences? If it's legal, then why wouldn't you be able to grow it in your backyard like corn or tomatoes? HOW would they be able to tell that the MJ you're smoking came from your yard or the store? How do you plan on stopping drug cartels from producing and distributing? It can't be done now, what would change by merely making it legal?

So if you can't stop the illegal production, distribution, and sales NOW, what makes you think that the gov't will somehow corral that in and be able to "tax" it? Furthermore, WHERE would the gov't GROW MJ for legal distribution? So you have 100's of acres of MJ planted and you don't think somebody will sneak around the backend of that big ole field to help themselves to what they want to something that is perfectly LEGAL all of a sudden???

There a good bit of logistics that need to be thought of before simply saying, "oh, go ahead and make it legal so you can "tax" it and we make more money..." It's AMERICA....land of endless red tape and politics.

It would be no different than alcohol after prohibition. How many people bother with moonshine anymore? Very few.:screwy:

Actually, much more than you know.

Difference is that alcohol can be produced, distributed, and sold all under the very watchful and outstretched hand of Uncle Sam. As stated above, solve the riddle of production, distribution, and sale and you have a possibility of this working. Until then it's a pipe dream....no pun intended. :D

No deffinate roadside test,

Until they do, they will have a very hard time enforcing DUI's for MJ users.

however they can take you in with probable cause and do a blood test. I would think that would take finding some seeds or something like that though. Not sure what would warrant that.

Incorrect.

Only a court order can FORCE you to take a blood test of any kind. You are given the CHOICE of "blood, breath, or urine", but you can NOT be FORCED to take ANY of them....by law. You can simply refuse all three if you'd like. As a matter of fact, many a DUI defense lawyers ADVICE to refuse under certain circumstances.

So if you don't have a way to definitively test on the side of the road, AND you can't make anyone take a blood test......how would you go about PROVING that anyone is under the influence and impaired with MJ at the time of the arrest? I've asked that question about 50 times in this discussion and noone has been able to answer it. And an answer is NOT, "my buddy's friend's cousin got convicted of DUI while he was high...." Well that doesn't prove squat since we've already established that the only way you can CURRENTLY be PROVEN to be under the influence is by submitting VOLUNTARILY to a test. If one person is stupid enough to do that, it doesn't mean EVERY one else will do the same.

Again, incorrect.

THC takes a long time to fully metabolize out of the system. Therefore, it is entirely possible and actually very likely that someone can come back with a positive THC content YET not be under the influence at that very moment. THC, unlike alcohol, VARIES in the amount of time it takes to metabolize in every single person because it metabolized thru the FAT cells and NOT the blood like alcohol. So the mere presence of THC can mean you just smoked a bowl or you did a few days ago. Just because you have THC in your system right now doesn't mean you are CURRENTLY high. As a matter of fact, MJ effects are long gone BEFORE THC ever leaves your body. The gap may be days, depending on how heavy a smoker the person is.

I know people that smoke it everyday. Heavy users. They can drive, talk, walk, and be seemingly coherent. No glassy eyes, no super munchies, no laughing out loud. They are seasoned users and can handle it. How are the police going to be able to tell that person is under the influence? They don't smell like it. They don't look like it. They don't even act like it?

An employer can fire someone in a zero tolerance environment by the mere positive test. They don't have to know when or how much or how long ago. They merely have to know you used. DUI is and cannot be like that, by law. The arresting party has to prove that you were operating a vehicle WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Tests confirm the officer's suspicions, and if there's not a reliable test then you have a big problem because it then becomes one person's word vs the other.

StupidBikerBoy
12-18-2006, 02:48 AM
What consequences? ..........................................person's word vs the other.

I have no doubt people would still grow it like you said, but making it legal would destroy the profits made from illeagal sales, just like what has already happened with prohibition.

Why would you risk buying it illeagally if you could get it cheaper from the convienience store?

This scenerio is no different from prohibition. It can easily be packaged and sold and taxed. In that manner, it would be no different from how cigarettes are done today. Moonshine is what made the mafia and numerous others rich when it was illegal because they could charge high prices, but what happened when it was made legal? No more profit. Same thing would happen to weed. It will be cheaper and easier to get.

Why would it be treated any different?

I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand, its not some special item that can't be easily packaged and sold. Big tobacco and other large corporations would be all over it.

And as far as a MJ DUI. Aside from me seeing it with my own 2 eyes......

Heres proof.

Personally I don't think that a blood test should be allowed in court considering it isn't proof of driving under the influence, but as I said I have seen it personally.

StupidBikerBoy
12-18-2006, 02:50 AM
Yea, a good buddy of mine spent the rest of his probation term (6 months) in jail after the blood test showed THC in his system. They accused him of being "high".

This is an issue that will never be solved in America. Logically, it should be legal. It will not be legal anytime soon, that is for sure. As for the driving issue, there would not be more people on the road "smokin the reefer" just because it was legal. The same people will be doing the same thing. Personally, I am more concerned with people driving drunk than people driving stoned. This is a never-ending debate. :rolleyes:

+1

Slowboy
12-18-2006, 08:11 AM
I think if they were to go ahead and legalize it they could sale in packs of 20 like cigs. and tax it the same also... Think about all the people that smoke that buy a blunt at a time or dub sake or quater,half, whatever. I bet everyone of them dont buy from there dealer no more. Cause all they have to do is go to the gas station. And not worry bout what kinda weed there getting, is it laced, sprayed, whatever. I think if they do legalize we should have the choice of blunt style or straight buds. To smoke with a pipe. My 2 cents

Jaimecbr900
12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I have no doubt people would still grow it like you said, but making it legal would destroy the profits made from illeagal sales, just like what has already happened with prohibition.

Why would you risk buying it illeagally if you could get it cheaper from the convienience store?

I'm going to combine both of these because I think they go hand-in-hand.

You do make a point about the profitability of illegal sales. But you're not remembering that this, unlike alcohol and tobacco, is dealing with a drug that has very differing potencies from supplier to supplier to supplier. In other words, heavy users are used to a high dosage or high potency MJ in order to achieve their high. As we all know with all drugs, our bodies up the tolerance levels as we increase use. Therefore, the new gov't controlled pack of "joints" may very well be like candy cigarrettes to most users because they are used to much more potent MJ now. So what do you think those guys/gals will do then? Spend $20 for a pack of store bought MJ that does nothing for them or spend the same $20 with their regular dealer and get blatto????? Look at the Amsterdam situation. It is legal there and they sell it at stores. But it is considerably less potent than a regular hand rolled joint. So it's more for recreational or occassional users. Heavy users don't even touch the store bought stuff because it does nothing for them.

You follow what I'm saying?

So you are right that it would serve to curb some of the issues, but not all.

I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand, its not some special item that can't be easily packaged and sold. Big tobacco and other large corporations would be all over it.

Because MJ is totally different than tobacco. You couldn't go wonder out into a field of tobacco and just grab a leaf, dry it, roll it up, and smoke it. It would NOT be anything like a regular store bought cigarette. So there would be no need to guard your crops, right? Now, look at MJ. You would have have armed guards patrolling your fields like a military base to keep users from merely uprooting plants for their own use. Why? Because the plant can and is easily converted into the finished product, unlike a tobacco leaf is to cigarettes. See what I mean?

Now add that additional manpower and logistical cost into the equation. What tobacco, although filthy rich as they are, company do you think wants to have to factor in their cost (which of course they'd pass onto the end user via higher product prices) armed security which will then totally knock them out of the market place when in competition with street level dealers? In other words, if it's going to cost a tobacco company $30 a pack to produce MJ cigarettes....then they probably would not be successful because street level dealing would probably offer a very viable and sometimes even better alternative which in turn totally defeats the purpose of making it legal and the tax and the crime prevention and yada yada. Follow me? Cigarettes and booze work for their respective manufacturers because they can be produced very cheaply, but if you factor in the additional costs like would possibly be involved with MJ production......then I promise you moonshiners would be right back in business again. Who would pay $10 for a single beer or $50 for a pack of cigs when they could get them for half that on the black market?

Personally I don't think that a blood test should be allowed in court considering it isn't proof of driving under the influence, but as I said I have seen it personally.

Then I guess we're finally agreeing on something, because that's how I feel too. :goodjob:

That's why I was saying that detection is going to be a top priority to decipher before you can even begin. You may figure out the tax side and the control side and the sales side.....but if you have no way of detecting ACCURATELY and on the spot if someone is under the influence, you have a big problem. I mean look at all the scrutiny and testing and re-testing and red tape a drug has to go thru with the FDA now......and that's for pills that HELP people get better when they're ill. What do you think the testing and red tape is going to look like for a drug that is now ILLEGAL? The politicians would have a field day with that. They'd fillibuster this to death and probably never get anything accomplished.....unless.....it would win them votes that is.... ;)

StupidBikerBoy
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Because MJ is totally different than tobacco. You couldn't go wonder out into a field of tobacco and just grab a leaf, dry it, roll it up, and smoke it. It would NOT be anything like a regular store bought cigarette. So there would be no need to guard your crops, right? Now, look at MJ. You would have have armed guards patrolling your fields like a military base to keep users from merely uprooting plants for their own use. Why? Because the plant can and is easily converted into the finished product, unlike a tobacco leaf is to cigarettes. See what I mean?

Now add that additional manpower and logistical cost into the equation. What tobacco, although filthy rich as they are, company do you think wants to have to factor in their cost (which of course they'd pass onto the end user via higher product prices) armed security which will then totally knock them out of the market place when in competition with street level dealers? In other words, if it's going to cost a tobacco company $30 a pack to produce MJ cigarettes....then they probably would not be successful because street level dealing would probably offer a very viable and sometimes even better alternative which in turn totally defeats the purpose of making it legal and the tax and the crime prevention and yada yada. Follow me? Cigarettes and booze work for their respective manufacturers because they can be produced very cheaply, but if you factor in the additional costs like would possibly be involved with MJ production......then I promise you moonshiners would be right back in business again. Who would pay $10 for a single beer or $50 for a pack of cigs when they could get them for half that on the black market?

Good point. But on the other hand of that, there is a lot of process involved with cigarettes that may not be needed with MJ. I can see where you are coming from, but I think there is to much to speculate on to say yeah or nea on its legalization.

Then I guess we're finally agreeing on something, because that's how I feel too. :goodjob:

Actually I think this is the only thread that we have disagreed on, every other post I can remember reading of yours I have agreed upon. You seem to be a very intelligent and level headed person........... And I still want your daughter's bed set. lol:goodjob:

I think if they do legalize we should have the choice of blunt style or straight buds. To smoke with a pipe. My 2 cents

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

SniperJoe
12-18-2006, 09:10 PM
It is legal there and they sell it at stores. But it is considerably less potent than a regular hand rolled joint. So it's more for recreational or occassional users. Heavy users don't even touch the store bought stuff because it does nothing for them.

Jaime, this isn't exactly true. Speaking from both empirical studies and personal experience, there is no lack of potency in storebought marijuana.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13556210500123217

Jaimecbr900
12-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Good point. But on the other hand of that, there is a lot of process involved with cigarettes that may not be needed with MJ. I can see where you are coming from, but I think there is to much to speculate on to say yeah or nea on its legalization.

That's true too.

Actually I think this is the only thread that we have disagreed on, every other post I can remember reading of yours I have agreed upon. You seem to be a very intelligent and level headed person........... And I still want your daughter's bed set. lol:goodjob:

Appreciate that. :goodjob:

You should of PM'd me about it. We ended up selling it on Sunday. A guy with a 3 yr old little girl came and got it. I took it down for him when he got there and helped him load everything up. I felt bad because he came by himself. Then I had to turn right around and go get her new set with my brother in his truck. Walk it up stairs and put it together. My back is still killing me today.

You should've PM'd me...... :(

Jaimecbr900
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Jaime, this isn't exactly true. Speaking from both empirical studies and personal experience, there is no lack of potency in storebought marijuana.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13556210500123217

Welllllllllllll, I stand corrected then..... :o

SniperJoe
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Welllllllllllll, I stand corrected then..... :o

No worries, mate. Life is simply the search for truth.

eViLMunkey
12-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Its legal in a few states for medical puposes and its completely legal in Alaska as long as your not buying it or transporting it (you have to grow your own). I personally think it would be good for our economy because it could be taxed and its doesnt do half as much damage to our bodies as alcohol. The number of accidents caused by people driving high is probably not even a 1/3 of the number of accidents caused by drunk drivers so why isnt it legal everywhere for whatever puposes people want it for? I am definately for legalization, due to its medicinal abilities.

LETZ RUN
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
you can disregard the whole "armed security in the fields of marijuana" thing since the most potent and easily regulated weed is grown indoors.

Jaimecbr900
12-20-2006, 09:05 AM
you can disregard the whole "armed security in the fields of marijuana" thing since the most potent and easily regulated weed is grown indoors.

That's totally possible, but if it were legal you could sneak onto a field and get your fill since it easily goes from plant to product.

StupidBikerBoy
12-21-2006, 02:09 AM
You should of PM'd me about it. We ended up selling it on Sunday. A guy with a 3 yr old little girl came and got it. I took it down for him when he got there and helped him load everything up. I felt bad because he came by himself. Then I had to turn right around and go get her new set with my brother in his truck. Walk it up stairs and put it together. My back is still killing me today.

You should've PM'd me...... :(

Oh, its cool man. We're moving too and money is tight right now. I figured it would be sold fast for that deal. Besides, my daughter just turned one so it'll be a minute before she needs it anyways.

But thanks anyways:goodjob:

2rudelude
01-04-2007, 06:45 AM
legal sounds good

an0therh22
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
legal is cool with me to doesnt matter really

Slowboy
01-10-2007, 10:41 AM
YES...

Jaimecbr900
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd be curious to see just how this debates ranks between smokers and non-smokers.

I'd be willing to be that it will be clearly biased to one side and the other. In other words, I'd be willing to be that the vast majority of people FOR it are weed smokers and the vast majority AGAINST are non-smokers. I'm sure there will be a few exceptions, but I'm willing to bet that the lion's share is divided that way.

StupidBikerBoy
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd be curious to see just how this debates ranks between smokers and non-smokers.

I'd be willing to be that it will be clearly biased to one side and the other. In other words, I'd be willing to be that the vast majority of people FOR it are weed smokers and the vast majority AGAINST are non-smokers. I'm sure there will be a few exceptions, but I'm willing to bet that the lion's share is divided that way.

You callin me a pothead?:lmfao: :lmfao:

I would agree on the vast majority, I never cared for it though. I have enough trouble battling sleep and eating on my own.:goodjob:

w3bcod3r
01-20-2007, 07:39 AM
I'd be legal if Govmnt had a way of taxing the shit...

SL65AMG
01-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd be legal if Govmnt had a way of taxing the shit...

they tax tobacco. they tax alcohol..... along with every other thing you could ever possibly buy.

they could tax the Jane it wouldnt be hard and they would make a killing off of it

w3bcod3r
01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
nope... ppl can grown n sell it out of their houses... which they do:yes:
***99% of tobacco industry is dependent on large companies... people do grow it at home but whos sales r bigger... sum cracker growin dat shit in his backyard or Newport Inc.:gay: ?
... imho...

Lucky DAWG
01-21-2007, 01:40 PM
nope they should not legalize it.

i used to smoke and i realized its the most retarded shit on earth, i dont find joy in sitting in a room either by myself or with a few others staring off in my own world.

LETS GET DRUNK!

sport_122
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
they make money off of that stuff. you get somebody with it and charge them a 1000 dollar drug fine for less than an ounce...that is a revenue gainer.

noah
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
i dont smoke so i dont care.

bdydrpdmazda
01-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Holy hell this thread is old, I started it last July. I got alot of neg rep for starting it too. It should have been the best thread of 2006 back when that thread was alive.

d1esel12
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
i know im supppper late but, dont cha say everyone would be much happier if it was legalized..?? hahah

fredy123
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM

Ooh yeah!! Hit me up ill gladly burn it with you.

PSINXS
02-10-2007, 05:17 PM
should it be legal? yes. will it be legal? no. government makes too much money off of drugs.

Slowboy
02-10-2007, 05:29 PM
OH and yes, it should be legal for the like 5th time :goodjob:

GTScoob
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
LETS GET DRUNK!
What he said. I'm drunk and want to go rape some bitches and kill some babies. Who's down? Oh you guys just want to sit on the couch, cough a lot, and watch South Park?

wes_297
02-23-2007, 04:33 PM
personaly i think it should be legalized, but i dont even smoke. If you do smoke in a way you should want it to not be legal. If you think about it its not exactly cheap anyway and if there were taxes on top of that it would suck for you. you would be paying alot more just to not have to not worry bout getting cought.

The reason they wont legalize it is because people would sell it just like they do now and not make people pay the tax. whitch would be illegal. but people would still do it so they dont have to pay the outragouse price of what the "legal stuf" would be
thats just what i think. I dont care either way. i would rather get drunk

Greddypacked
02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Drugs suck!

sirkus
02-24-2007, 01:02 AM
It'll never happen. They have been trying since the law was enforced to get it legalized. Always had groups that loved it. It won't ever happen because the tobacco companies won't let it. They pay a lot of people in congress a lot of money to make sure their choices reflect their own.

Maki
03-15-2007, 10:53 PM
If it were legalized it would not be as "cool" anymore so younger people wont do it as much and revenue could be generated for the tax money. Kinda like when you turn 21 and drinking loses its appeal. I know when i turned 21 drinking to get drunk wasn't fun anymore and just having a drink with dinner was great. same concept kinda

JASONBALL
03-16-2007, 12:45 AM
should marijuana be legal

Should retards drive

preferredduck
03-18-2007, 09:18 AM
yes yes yes, it is great for medical purposes. like altimers?(spell check) cancer, aids, pain. and it helps skinny ppl get fat!!! lol

GTScoob
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
If it were legalized it would not be as "cool" anymore so younger people wont do it as much and revenue could be generated for the tax money. Kinda like when you turn 21 and drinking loses its appeal. I know when i turned 21 drinking to get drunk wasn't fun anymore and just having a drink with dinner was great. same concept kinda
Ever wonder how much of that is due to maturity gains between the years of 18 and 21?

should marijuana be legal

Should retards drive
Should ricers be allowed to buy Cougars?

THEONE
03-22-2007, 07:58 PM
i dont think its that bad,i use to smoke alot. its been years since ive done it. i use to always argue that its better than drinking and look at all the deaths from people driving drunk. if it were legal do you think people would stop drinking? i dont. they would proably drive around drunk and stoned and that would be real bad. it will never be legal so forget about it.

tippatone
08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
There is a valid reason, if weed is left alone it will grow it is the only so-called drug that need no human interaction or processing to be comsumed. with all other drugs you have to add chemicals or cook weed just has to be picked and hung to cure for a few days and there you go. What is worst alcohol or weed?

tippatone
08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I want it legalized, but i dony want to but the shit that the FDA would put in stores,it would be a lab grown by some egghead and so much shit would be added

tippatone
08-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Im smokin right now!!!
i dont think its that bad,i use to smoke alot. its been years since ive done it. i use to always argue that its better than drinking and look at all the deaths from people driving drunk. if it were legal do you think people would stop drinking? i dont. they would proably drive around drunk and stoned and that would be real bad. it will never be legal so forget about it.

cactusEG
08-19-2007, 01:23 AM
i dont smoke the shit, but it would make crime go down

ep9716
08-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Sure Why Not:rolleyes:

Then The Government Could TAX The Shit Outta It.

GTScoob
08-22-2007, 01:06 PM
I quit smoking it a month or so back but I still say it should be legal for the same reasons as stated earlier in this thread. You guys should take a break from it, its amazing what a little motivation booster it is without all that junk in your system. I'll still smoke every once in a while but probably never more than 2-3 times a month, no way I could ever go back to spending all of that money and sitting around doing nothing. May as well just roll up a couple $20s and see how high that gets you.

tron
08-31-2007, 11:06 AM
wgaf.......imma smoke it no matter what

1000cckiller
08-31-2007, 11:27 AM
i dont smoke the shit, but it would make crime go downpeople like to commit crimes when they high

Stopsnitchin
09-02-2007, 09:46 AM
people like to commit crimes when they high

on crack. nobody smokes a joint and says hey... im gonna go rob the 7-11.

legalize it!!! then i can get my botany merit badge. :D:D:D

yudalicious
09-02-2007, 11:07 AM

I'm not so sure there will be a huge jump in people driving high. those that will pick up smoking once it's legalized will probably be legally conscious enough to not smoke and drive (since it should be illegal, if mj is legalized). Of course, there'll also be those that currently smoke and drive, and those that smoke currently and choose not to drive, but neither of those groups should increase much in #. Of course, this is all conjecture, but it seems to make some sense.

man
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
There is a valid reason, if weed is left alone it will grow it is the only so-called drug that need no human interaction or processing to be comsumed. with all other drugs you have to add chemicals or cook weed just has to be picked and hung to cure for a few days and there you go. What is worst alcohol or weed?

I hear that poison ivy grows naturally too. You should smoke some of that.

tippatone
09-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I hear that poison ivy grows naturally too. You should smoke some of that.
piss looks like beer, you should drink it sometime....

MikeyPrzy
10-09-2007, 05:07 PM
America can't legalize marijuana because the government would make no profit from it, end of story.

PSINXS
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
regardless if its legal or not i will continue to blaze.

FrnkPwrs
10-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Exactly. Why would someone buy it for the hyped up price when they can holla at their boy they been getting it from? The market is too big without the gov, and will thrive without it. Yea, I smoked, but a lot less than most people. Weed seriously isnt a drug. I dont care what anyone says, nobody says "I was high on weed and:

a- DUI'd and killed a lil kid
b- decided to rob the circle k
c- Jump off a building
d- Kill hundreds of people

NOBODY I have met in the course in my life said they did anything on weed except eat and laugh and start thinking all deep. Ive seen people act bigger asses on alcohol. Ive seen people smoke their back out and the worse that happens is they clean out my fridge. I see someone drink gallons and then they threw up on my couch, tried to fight everyone, and passed out on the bathroom floor. So make the comparison.

nreggie454
10-10-2007, 03:07 AM
America can't legalize marijuana because the government would make no profit from it, end of story.

That is right and wrong at the same time.

It is right because if marijuana were legalized, then many prescription drugs would be practically obsolete. Pharmaceutical companies lobby (donate $$) to keep marijuana illegal because it is a cheap and easy way to treat minor pain, nausea, glaucoma, depression, boredom, sleep disorders, anxiety, and probably many other things with fewer side effects than many prescription drugs. There is some money to be made in extracting the medically beneficial factors into pill form, but I think it would be greatly outweighed by the money lost on all the newly obsolete medicines.

However, that statement is wrong because the government can tax the hell out of it, much like they do for alcohol and tobacco. In addition, the numbers of prisoners in jail will greatly decrease, saving something like $54 a day per prisoner, in addition to lowering the staff needed at prisons.

I personally think it should be legal because of the stuff above and I think it isn't any more harmful than tobaccoo, and isn't nearly as dangerous or mood-altering as alcohol.

thinkfast®
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I AGREE IN THAT MARIJUANA IS NOT HARMFUL OR ADDICTING AT ALL; I DONT THINK IT WILL BECOME LEGAL ANYTIME SOON THO AS THERE IS NO WAY TO TAX THE MAJORITY OF HOME GROWERS OR THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO BEAT THE SYSTEM, AS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS

ON A SIDE NOTE THERE IS A LOT OF TALK IN CALIFORNIA ABOUT LEGALIZATION, SEVERAL "CLINICS" OFFER LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION WHICH YOU CAN TAKE TO A REPUTABLE DOCTOR WHICH WILL IN TURN WRITE YOU A PRESCRIPTION FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA.. WHILE NOT AS POTENT AS THE STREET EXOTICS YOU CAN FIND, AND A BIT ON THE PRICY SIDE (~ $150 FOR A 1/4, OR SO I HEARD) PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BEATING THIS SYSTEM LOLOL

FrnkPwrs
10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
When was the last time that something that was illegal was made legal? It wont happen. Hell, you cant even keep window tints legal for more than a couple months. Its a money thing. Look at how much $$ is made from people locked up, citations, probation, bribes, etc. from weed? It will NEVER be legal

TheProfiteer
10-12-2007, 08:20 AM

well it doesnt affect your liver, but really does do some harm to your lungs.

I smoke, but I can admit that sh it will just fu ck up your respitory sytem like crazy.

PSINXS
10-12-2007, 09:00 AM
I AGREE IN THAT MARIJUANA IS NOT HARMFUL OR ADDICTING AT ALL; I DONT THINK IT WILL BECOME LEGAL ANYTIME SOON THO AS THERE IS NO WAY TO TAX THE MAJORITY OF HOME GROWERS OR THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO BEAT THE SYSTEM, AS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS

ON A SIDE NOTE THERE IS A LOT OF TALK IN CALIFORNIA ABOUT LEGALIZATION, SEVERAL "CLINICS" OFFER LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION WHICH YOU CAN TAKE TO A REPUTABLE DOCTOR WHICH WILL IN TURN WRITE YOU A PRESCRIPTION FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA.. WHILE NOT AS POTENT AS THE STREET EXOTICS YOU CAN FIND, AND A BIT ON THE PRICY SIDE (~ $150 FOR A 1/4, OR SO I HEARD) PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BEATING THIS SYSTEM LOLOL
i woudl get a prescription, fill it only once then continue to buy whatever i want a cheaper price. how will they know you smokin meds or not.

man
10-12-2007, 12:38 PM
well it doesnt affect your liver, but really does do some harm to your lungs.

I smoke, but I can admit that sh it will just fu ck up your respitory sytem like crazy.

x32010

You are brain dead if you think it is harmless. Consuming THC regularly also increases your chances of developing schizophrenia by 50%.

white_rice
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
lol if we had weed legalized then there wouldnt be any crimes everyone would just chill...lol snoop dogg

Vuongy_Dong
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
america will be BLAZED!

MikeyPrzy
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
That is right and wrong at the same time.

It is right because if marijuana were legalized, then many prescription drugs would be practically obsolete. Pharmaceutical companies lobby (donate $$) to keep marijuana illegal because it is a cheap and easy way to treat minor pain, nausea, glaucoma, depression, boredom, sleep disorders, anxiety, and probably many other things with fewer side effects than many prescription drugs. There is some money to be made in extracting the medically beneficial factors into pill form, but I think it would be greatly outweighed by the money lost on all the newly obsolete medicines.

However, that statement is wrong because the government can tax the hell out of it, much like they do for alcohol and tobacco. In addition, the numbers of prisoners in jail will greatly decrease, saving something like $54 a day per prisoner, in addition to lowering the staff needed at prisons.

I personally think it should be legal because of the stuff above and I think it isn't any more harmful than tobaccoo, and isn't nearly as dangerous or mood-altering as alcohol.

Well, like that guy said earlier, if the government is overpricing it, people can just hit up their homeboys and ask to buy some for cheaper.

Big J
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I work in the Southern Regional ER for almost 3 years. You'd never see someone come in all cut up because they were siting around toking a bong, got into an argument w/ their friend, and then their friend broke the bong over their head and went to work. Now you'd see that at least once a week when a beer bottle was involved, never seen it w/ a bong.

Drunk people in the ER are 95% of the time assholes, and potentially violent. I saw maybe 2-3 people in the ER for marijuana related reasons, 1 was crazy and didn't need to be ingesting anything that altered your mind a little, one was a parent who's 15 yo ate some pot, on purpose at a party, and another was a chick who had an anxity attack. I must have seen 1000's of drunk PT's in the time I worked there.

Stopsnitchin
10-24-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/images/hemp01.gif

LEGALIZE IT

Barefoot
10-25-2007, 09:40 AM
pot heads lol not worth it.

Sledlude
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/images/hemp01.gif

LEGALIZE IT

you forgot about my lungs

thinkfast®
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
yea maaaaan

Asma what up tho? when we meetin for a legalization fest aka smoke session lol

Z33_kid
11-02-2007, 01:49 PM
its gonna be completely legal in california tere gona be selling it in packs like ciggarets

rndockery98
11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I didn't read all the way through this thread, but i watched a show on the history channel about the history of drugs. they said the only reason marijuana is even illegal to begin with is because in the 60's, mexicans, who were growing it out in nevada and new mexico and that area, were making all the money from it. the government didn't like that very much so they demonized it in the media and then passed a law saying that you could only grow it if you had a "stamp." the catch was, that you had to bring a marijuana plant in with you to get the stamp, so they arrested the people who brought their own plant with them because they were growing it without a "stamp." the ol' catch 22. fckin government.

Mr.Big
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I didn't read all the way through this thread, but i watched a show on the history channel about the history of drugs. they said the only reason marijuana is even illegal to begin with is because in the 60's, mexicans, who were growing it out in nevada and new mexico and that area, were making all the money from it. the government didn't like that very much so they demonized it in the media and then passed a law saying that you could only grow it if you had a "stamp." the catch was, that you had to bring a marijuana plant in with you to get the stamp, so they arrested the people who brought their own plant with them because they were growing it without a "stamp." the ol' catch 22. fckin government.

I seen that too

Sledlude
11-03-2007, 10:05 PM
yea maaaaan

Asma what up tho? when we meetin for a legalization fest aka smoke session lol
next weekend. call.

SleeperWRX
11-05-2007, 06:18 AM
What difference does it make, even if it was legal/illegal I still smoke that shyt

Sledlude
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
What difference does it make, even if it was legal/illegal I still smoke that shyt

it makes a big ass difference, to me at least... sucks that u have to risk going to jail and break the law to engage in a personal activity that is no where near as harmful as some legal activities that are advertised to children and such.

I say, legalize and regulate. everyone wins. except dope dealers.

DrivenMind
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Legalize it now.

SleeperWRX
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
it makes a big ass difference, to me at least... sucks that u have to risk going to jail and break the law to engage in a personal activity that is no where near as harmful as some legal activities that are advertised to children and such.

Dont some or carry that **** in public, If you buy it take it home smoke it.

Brock
11-14-2007, 08:10 PM
HELL YEA IT SHOULD BE LEGAL!

MistaCee
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
The only reason why it is not legal is because it is impossible to tax

Tree
11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
it should if the docter will give it to you, to help you with an illness, and those people dony get all ****ed, then it shows that it dose good, and not evil like mtv and others make it out it be

3.5altman
11-17-2007, 02:54 AM
crime will go down, people be to ****ed to **** somobody help. lol

tmzoz
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
i saw on tv the other day that arnold denounced marijuana as a drug.

EVERYONE MOVE TO CALIFORNIA!!!

GTScoob
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
The only reason why it is not legal is because it is impossible to tax
Yep, exactly the same as how they cant tax all of the beer people can legally brew themselves, the tobacco plants people could grow in their back yard, liquor they can distill themselves, fruits and vegetables that they grow, etc. This is just a minor part of the illegality of it.

As said before, the government makes so much money off of sin taxes from alcohol and tobacco, they'd make a lot more if they just legalized pot and taxed it accordingly.

Oh ****, somebody might actually have to go get a real job instead of sitting at home making money off of people's addictions.

myyellowspec
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
It is a wonderful idea but it will never ever happen. It was made illegal in the late 1800's because they claimed it made black people go crazy and rape white women (that ****'s real). There has been so much anti-marijuana propaganda for almost 150 years that the government and the Nancy Reagans of the world will never say that they were wrong.

blackDAHLIA
12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Legalize it. Don't criticize it.

LordMDP
12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't think it should be federally regulated-leave it up to the states to decide

Jaimecbr900
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Let's be honest here for a minute. There are really very few people that don't have an alterior motive for wanting it "legalized". Very few people that DON'T already smoke it are for this movement. So in reality, it's merely people that smoke it wanting to be able to smoke w/o getting into trouble. What would happen if LSD or Heroin had the same following and acceptance as MJ? Would all of you be so quick to jump on the bandwagon pushing to legalize that too? Think about that before you answer.

The second thing you have to think about and yet noone has offered a viable solution to is: How are you going to test for the intoxication levels of individuals on the street? We have a way to test alcohol, now come up with a method, machine, or way to LEGALLY tell if someone is too high to drive. Not just if they've been exposed to it or smoked it days earlier, but if they are too high RIGHT NOW...on the side of the road, just like alcohol....to be driving AND more importantly to hold up in COURT. Any savy lawyer will make a "red eyes", "smelled like", and "said was really hungry" charges stick about as good as rock to a pole on a cold day. It just won't fly. When people find out HOW to beat the charges, what good are the charges then? They would have no teeth.

BTW, I'm not a prude. People that know me will confirm that I'm no saint by any means. I really honestly don't care what people do on their own time in their own house. You can get as high as a kite if you want. No beef with me. You also have to think logically though. And I also know that SOME people can drive and function reasonably well when they are. But isn't that the same argument we always hear from alcoholics and their driving while drunk habits???? Think about it. Do we not agree that drunk driving is not good for the public? If so, how is driving while high that much different?

Continue to discuss. :goodjob:

Sledlude
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd say, the whole reason heroin/Lsd don't have the same acceptance as MJ is because those are HARD drugs. The only similarity is that they are all illegal. The negative effects of MJ don't even compare to the neg. effects of heroin or LSD. They will never be as acceptable or widely used as marijuana, because those who use marijuana responsibly don't suffer serious consequences to health, family, etc... where as with drugs such as heroin, if you keep using and using, you'll eventually die from it. your teeth will fall out, you can't function, you may OD... you get my drift. Not so with pot.
And of course, most of those that support decriminalization of pot ARE those who use it- thats obvious. What better reason is there? I personally think it's stupid that you can get locked up if you are caught with pot, but in some cities you can walk down the street as $hitfaced as you want with a bottle in your hand. it makes no sense that you can buy cigs at 18... and we all know how addictive they are and how bad they are for your health. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Jamie... good point about the "how do you test for intoxication levels." It's not like you can give a breathalyzer for that sort of thing. There are field sobriety tests out there that used see if a driver is under the influence of anything- these test your reflexes (like pupilary light reflex) and reaction times. I think that would be the best way to do it, because your reaction time is pretty much the only thing you have to worry about when it comes to driving stoned. And more likely than not, if one is WAY too stoned to drive, he/she probably won't! Pot heads don't like stressful conditions when they're already kinda paranoid ;). The only place they're going is to the kitchen.

I don't even have to say it, but I will anyway- drunk driving is WAY worse. A drunky is more likely to fvck up while driving than a stoned person. Drunk folks speed and hit shyt, like other people or cars. Stoned people drive too slow and forget to turn the indicator off.

jaystar
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
makin marijuana legal and lsd and other drugs is total different