PDA

View Full Version : Reminded why I moved from Florida

Romeyo07
07-10-2006, 06:26 AM
So I was in Florida last week, just drove back up yesterday. My rant list begins....now:

1. Rain - Can we go a day without it raining all day long? I don't think I shut off the wipers at all. It doesn't just rain though, there's no terrain so water doesn't flow well, so it floods too. Detouring around flooded roads on pothole ridden streets doesn't make it better.

2. Old People - They need to be stored in a jar and put on a shelf in a big warehouse where they can play bingo all day, or, be shuttled to the golf course. I expect this when I get older, and I'm fine with that. The LAST place they need to be is behind the wheel of a massive caddy. Why do they refuse to do the speed limit, use blinkers, give you a thank you wave, or brake at the stop light rather than 1000 feet away.

3. Heat - Ok, so it gets hot up here, but humidity will make you feel like your skin is boiling. I may look tropical, but there's only so much a rican can take. I think I peeled off about 3 layers of skin and lost about 10 lbs going to check the mail. Remote start with the a/c on full blast is a must.

4. Terrain - It's flat, its boring, it floods, it sucks. Long straight roads that seem like they lead to nothing. Its depressing.

5. The Beach - Red Tide + Asthma = lungs collasping. Google red tide, its horrible.

I feel better now. My advise, don't go south of Tampa.

AudiGirlTT
07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Ive never been to FL so I guess I dont have to worry :)

RandomGuy
07-10-2006, 06:48 AM
the 3 to 1 gator to human ratio doesn't help

drupason
07-10-2006, 07:58 AM
haha yea i hear ya man...visiting florida is alright but living there sucks!! thats why i moved back!!

.:Zero:.
07-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Im too lazy to read all of that, so I agree with you completely