PDA

View Full Version : parts suppliers... who U usin on your dub?

Allstar3.8T
07-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I have tried Perf Cafe, ECS tuning, and had great success for VW parts. What others have you had luck with
I need an ABT front lip, and cant find anyone w/ it, also who do you get your wheels from. I have the hard fitment car 5x112...and no one does alot for that.
I've looked on wheelsnext, edge racing, victoria tire, tire rack, wheelmax, and probably 10 others.
Who you usin these days?!

B00sted1.8t
07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
For wheels try GMPPerformace.com

DeutscheBAG!
07-09-2006, 11:45 PM
performance acafe
emotion garage
mjm autohaus
vwparts.com

rollininstyle2004
07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Greg, if you arent opposed to buying used wheels check out the wheel and tire classifieds over on AudiZine that is where ive seen the best deals. There are ALWAYS sets of Iforged, HRE, DPE, BBS, etc. for sale there usually some great deals too. Come join over on www.passatworld.com too lots of knowledgable people there since i believe you may be the only one on this forum with a B6 Passat.

As far as parts from what ive read/heard ABT is hard to find stateside. I believe PGPerformance still can get thier parts, but it may only be on a special order. Call them up and ask for Paul (i THINK thats his name, it may be better to just talk to whoever though) and ask about it. I talked to him a while back about importing some parts and they are willing to do whatever as long as you cover shipping charges.

Allstar3.8T
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
thx for the info. I have a SN in PassatWorld, but they are 20" bashers, so they wont like my style, even though I will also be faster. Perf purists in large sedans make little sense to me, the car is ALL about style, not pwr, If I wanted pwr, I'd bought an M.
I'll check PGP as well as the Audi site,
Thx
GC
BTW, The wagon is 1.5" lower now.

rollininstyle2004
07-12-2006, 01:18 AM
thx for the info. I have a SN in PassatWorld, but they are 20" bashers, so they wont like my style, even though I will also be faster. Perf purists in large sedans make little sense to me, the car is ALL about style, not pwr, If I wanted pwr, I'd bought an M.
I'll check PGP as well as the Audi site,
Thx
GC
BTW, The wagon is 1.5" lower now.
People only bashed 20s on the B5/B5.5 because MOST people wouldnt consider running a 30pro and a 35 would rub, so people got under the impression that it wouldnt work. Plus most 20s never looked good on the B5 chasis (the reason you always say my 19s looked as big as your 20s did on the Jetta). We arent ALL that bad though, just ignore the n00bs that think they know it all :)

Allstar3.8T
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I always hate online forums as a noob, because the trolls who have 1,000,000 posts have built 0 or 1 car that basically sucked. After building ALOT of cars, all of which won awards, I feel I know a little more than these idiots who somehow lead the masses. Notice how I rarely post in whoreslounge?!
BTW, I have a good deal on the TSW 20" wheel line...I may do them again also.

rollininstyle2004
07-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I always hate online forums as a noob, because the trolls who have 1,000,000 posts have built 0 or 1 car that basically sucked. After building ALOT of cars, all of which won awards, I feel I know a little more than these idiots who somehow lead the masses. Notice how I rarely post in whoreslounge?!
Which model TSW would you go with?

Julio
07-13-2006, 06:57 PM

bhwhaha so True.