PDA

View Full Version : Supra or Mustang???

Pages : [1] 2

Tracer
05-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Ok, what would you rather have? Supra or Mustang???

I would go with the Supra. The power that you can get out of Supra is breath taking. The high-end power just kills everything on the road. Also, they look good.

mogallo
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
......... this is a no-brainer....

mogallo
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
It really depends on what you like i guess.....

If you like to go FAST.... Supra....

If you like to make noise and annoy the shit out of people.... get a Stang....

If you like to suck ass.... get an Evo....

If you like all three... EVANGPRA is the car for you my friend!!!

Guess I should have gotten a stang :D LMAO

Cliff
05-12-2005, 09:57 PM
mustang if you wanna build somthing sickiningly fast for relatively cheap....supra if you want everyone to crowde around you when you pull into a parking lot like you're a friggin idol....but i'd go mustang just because v8's rawk and i love a mustangs tone

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Eh I'd agree with Z for the most part. If your an average person, definatly a mustang. So cheap to get power out of em. Now if you got huge bucks and ya need a fancy lookin' car to make ya feel big, Supra = P

Nahh... j/k about the last part. But basically it just comes down to what you want.. A supra and a Mustang are 2 totally different cars, if you can't pick between the 2, save your money = P Mustangs are cheap, fast, american muscle. Supra's are fast, not as cheap as Mustangs, nice lookin' car. But 2 totalllllly different rides.

mogallo
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Mustang if the back of your neck is redder than Hyper50's car and you are missing 13 teeth......

Tracer
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you. I just want to ride in one.

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you.

Ya... but the funny thing about supra's is this: What does a 400hp supra and a 700hp supra have in common? They both run 12's.

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Mustang if the back of your neck is redder than Hyper50's car and you are missing 13 teeth......

Hey hey hey, the redneck car of choice is the third gen f-body, not Mustangs = P

Tracer
05-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Ya... but the funny thing about supra's is this: What does a 400hp supra and a 700hp supra have in common? They both run 12's.

Not really.....that's where driving skills come to play and also tunning. Also if the Supra has a ball bearing turbo or not.

mogallo
05-12-2005, 10:09 PM

But why are you are scared to race them in anything further than the 1/4....... or from a roll....

Cliff
05-12-2005, 10:10 PM
i have always thought of supra's as a top end highway car after the turbos spool but with a mustang just toss a nice blower on it and beef up the internals and you have a sick light to light car....i dunno....and hyper is right the 3rd gen is by far the redneck ferrari no question on that

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
But why are you are scared to race them in anything further than the 1/4....... or from a roll....

Thats cause Supra's are more top end cars lol, I wouldn't be "scared" to race anything from a roll. Actually as my car sits right now with the z rated 275/40/17's on the back, I do better from a roll than stopped. Unless I ease off the line I smoke my tires to shit off the line. So race me from 30 and we'll see how it goes = )

Tracer
05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Hyper50, your numbers that you have posted is that on pump or racing fuel?

mogallo
05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
30-180??? :D

mogallo
05-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I dont see why more people dont twin turbo their stangs.... those can get pretty sick!!!!

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey Hyper50, your numbers that you have posted is that on pump or racing fuel?

pump. i've never ran race fuel in my car.

mogallo
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah Supra's cost alot to upgrade but, MAN when you put your money into it....the POWER will really shock you. I just want to ride in one.

You'll get to.... as long as you like holding a video camera so we can have some good threads for the Kill Stories section of this forum!!!

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I dont see why more people dont twin turbo their stangs.... those can get pretty sick!!!!

There are some around. My buddy Barry has a twin turbo 90 lx. Has around 450 the wheels I think. The car is a true sleeper, the car is dead silent til he gets on it. He's won a few money races (I'm not into that) against some unsuspecting people.

Cliff
05-12-2005, 10:20 PM
when i hear a v8 mustang acceleratin i'd rather hear the wine of the S/C than the psh psh of bov's lol

Tracer
05-12-2005, 10:23 PM
To me nothing sounds better than listening to a turbo spool

Cliff
05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
ahhhhhhh but a big ole blower on a big ole v8 is just beautiful and sounds even better

Tracer
05-12-2005, 10:28 PM
ahhhhhhh but a big ole blower on a big ole v8 is just beautiful and sounds even better

I guess eveyone's got their own taste. lol

buddha@TeamFX
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
i have a buddy that has a 92 coupe with a stroke 460 in it all in all i think its a 512 or something...but redneck is a choice and a way of life..i know no other way than it...but for cheap bang for the buck u have to build a foxbody...one of the best hooking cars on the road if the suspension is tuned right and can be done for little money...

buddha@TeamFX
05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
im with cliff as well nothing like seeing a classic chevy or ford with a big blower through the hood and some fat tires outback

JITB
05-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Ive always wanted a Mustang..

CSquared
05-12-2005, 11:01 PM

I would go with the Supra. The power that you can get out of Supra is breath taking. The high-end power just kills everything on the road. Also, they look good.

mk3 supra all the way :)

Although it isnt the greatest platform in the world the mk3 supra gets absolutely no respect. I cant tell you how many times i've told someone i had a supra... just for them to act all dissappointed when i tell them it isnt the 93-98(mk4)

As long as you take care of your engine you can compete with the mk3 for relatively cheap. Ask Jared pink(raven something on the board). He has about 6000 bucks into an mk3 he paid 2500 for and he's expecting to be in the 11s. A healthy mk3 will run mid 14s to low 15s bone stock. With exhaust and maybe MBC you can expect low 14s high 13s

although that headgasket problem isnt a myth it is easily prevented if you take proper care of your car. Stock gasket can take up to about 15 or 16 lbs of boost but you hit fuel cut at around 14 anyway.

Maybe i am a little biased but it's still an awesome car that gets no respect.

bigb996
05-12-2005, 11:03 PM
im a money freak and keeping value is ideal for me. So thus buying a supra would be my choice plus i love the sound of a good turbo spool.

mogallo
05-12-2005, 11:03 PM
turbo spool is the best..... budah, i think i know who youre talking about, but i thought his car was 1020whp???? TT + Nitro???

buddha@TeamFX
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
im not sure..there are a couple boys up my with em...i think todd berry has one and i know that scott walker just purchased one...

mogallo
05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah i think i met berry one night.... i couldnt get over how quiet his car was man!!! i loved it!!!

Dragonfly5338
05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
It really depends on what you like i guess.....

If you like to go FAST.... Supra....

If you like to make noise and annoy the shit out of people.... get a Stang....

If you like to suck ass.... get an Evo....

If you like all three... EVANGPRA is the car for you my friend!!!

Guess I should have gotten a stang :D LMAO

LOL!!!!!

If you like to spend an ass load of money.... get a supra

If you like to get beat by an evo.. get a stang

If you like to have the best of both worlds, track and twisties.. get an evo or an sti.

If you like to act like a prick and think your shit doesn't stink.. and still run slower times than an evo.. get an N/A supra and put a big turbo on it.

:bigok: :lmfao:

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 11:30 PM
LOL!!!!!

If you like to spend an ass load of money.... get a supra

If you like to get beat by an evo.. get a stang

If you like to have the best of both worlds, track and twisties.. get an evo or an sti.

If you like to act like a prick and think your shit doesn't stink.. and still run slower times than an evo.. get an N/A supra and put a big turbo on it.

:bigok: :lmfao:

If ya want to blow 30k on a brand new car that looks like your typical soccer mom's grocery getter with a huge wing and cowl hood bolted on it, buy an Evo or STI = P

If ya want to spend 30k and smoke Evo's all day long, get an 03-04 Cobra = D

Dragonfly5338
05-12-2005, 11:33 PM
If ya want to blow 30k on a brand new car that looks like your typical soccer mom's grocery getter with a huge wing and cowl hood bolted on it, buy an Evo or STI = P

If ya want to spend 30k and smoke Evo's all day long, get an 03-04 Cobra = D

lol, who cares? it all comes down to what you like, doesn't it? this post was created to start shit - and it's working. sti, supra, evo, mustang - who cares, so long as you drive it hard and love your car.

:bigok:

my post was a joke, btw. :tongue:

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
lol, who cares? it all comes down to what you like, doesn't it? this post was created to start shit - and it's working. sti, supra, evo, mustang - who cares, so long as you drive it hard and love your car.

:bigok:

my post was a joke, btw. :tongue:

Hey, I dont even remember seeing the STI's or Evo's invited into this, the title is Supra or Mustang = P lol it's cool, I'm just playin' anyways. Nahhh I like Evo's and STI's, I just personally can't stand the looks. They're fast tho, I'll give em that lol.

Dragonfly5338
05-12-2005, 11:52 PM
hey he was the one that brought evos in saying we suck ass!!! that's cool - i don't like the way a lot of cars look, but i can give respect. :) we're really not that fast if you catch us on the highway. but from 0-120ish we rule. which i don't need to be going faster than that anyways, i've already lost my license once, LOL

Thrust
05-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Mustang for me. Supras are nice cars, but how useable is all that top end power? With 3 mods my car makes 450+ rwhp. 3 more and I will be around 530 rwhp. As of now my torque curve is almost flat. from 2000 rpms i'm over 400, and it goes up to a peak of 474 at 5700 rpms. I enjoy the hell out of this car because the power is through out the entire rev band. The best part of all is that it drives like stock.

Thrust
05-13-2005, 03:52 AM
For the guys that said that they prefer the sound of a turbo check out my cousin's car.
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/videos/gonein10secs.wmv

mogallo
05-13-2005, 06:54 AM
For the guys that said that they prefer the sound of a turbo check out my cousin's car.
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/videos/gonein10secs.wmv

I love Mark's car man!!!! I'm still waiting on those videos we took the other night.... i think the guy i gave them to disappeared off the face of the earth....

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Supra is a nice car but its expensive if you buy a 93-98 TT car. It takes what about 15K minimum usually to buy a nice 93 or 94 TT and then you do the basic BPU mods you have at most 450 or so rwhp with maybe about a 2,000 investment (is that about right)?

MK3 supras are cheap but come with pretty wimpy engines as compared to the 2JZ. You can take a fox body mustang 87-93 car with a bone stock engine,put a HP or PTK single turbo kit and have an easy 400 rwhp car with around 11-12 psi for way less then any supra. An 03 cobra would be the ideal car to get if you want to go fast for cheap and still have a reliable motor up to 800 hp.

or you can be like me,i have an 87 mustang fox body notchback with a built motor (aftermarket heads,intake,cam...it made 400 flywheel hp WITHOUT THE TURBO ANR RAN 11.97@115) with an intercooled T-76 turbo. I'm building it to run with the supras and bikes from a roll and will run from a stop too (hello mickey thompson 17 inch drag radials....Evos or STis don't scare me). I guarantee my car will easily make 550 rwhp at very low boost (10 or so psi) and have an insane torque curve and fast spoolup (37-3800 rpm) compared to any kind of supra with a similar turbo and mine is dual ball bearing Turbonetics unit as well.

So whats up now!

MUSTANG+TURBO=SUPRA OWNAGE

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
when i hear a v8 mustang acceleratin i'd rather hear the wine of the S/C than the psh psh of bov's lol

Thats because you are a redneck...superchargers are good....got to have some one for us turbo guys to beat up on

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:09 PM
There are some around. My buddy Barry has a twin turbo 90 lx. Has around 450 the wheels I think. The car is a true sleeper, the car is dead silent til he gets on it. He's won a few money races (I'm not into that) against some unsuspecting people.

is that what Barry told you?

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Thats cause Supra's are more top end cars lol, I wouldn't be "scared" to race anything from a roll. Actually as my car sits right now with the z rated 275/40/17's on the back, I do better from a roll than stopped. Unless I ease off the line I smoke my tires to shit off the line. So race me from 30 and we'll see how it goes = )

lol sounds like a callout to me :D

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:16 PM

supras couldn't keep up then. Ever see Tim lynchs twin T76 coupe. Ask some of the old school supra owners like ivy or larry bout some of his run ins with supras on Ga400. Damn,i wish i would have gone with twin 60-1 on my car now instead of the T-76. Looks more pimp for sure.

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 06:35 PM
hmmm

good friend of mines twin turbo mustang

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttstang.htm

OR

turbo supra

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttsupra.htm

yeah...great powerband! LOL i know some turbos are better these days but this was an extreme example of a dyno queen supra.

RotiEatter
05-13-2005, 06:40 PM
If I wanted to go fast for cheap=Mustang

If I wanted to go fast, look good, and have a "nice car"=Supra

RotiEatter
05-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I love the Supra, but after the import scene blew up a few years ago it makes them pointless to have one. Most of them are useless show cars and such. I don't see the point in Turboing a N/A one. If I was stupid enough to waste money on that mod I would stop myself, sell the lame ass N/A one and buy a MKIII Turbo and drop a 1/2JZ in that.

CSquared
05-13-2005, 07:19 PM
supras couldn't keep up then. Ever see Tim lynchs twin T76 coupe. Ask some of the old school supra owners like ivy or larry bout some of his run ins with supras on Ga400. Damn,i wish i would have gone with twin 60-1 on my car now instead of the T-76. Looks more pimp for sure.

It's just too bad that none of the "old school" supras around here are anything to bluff about beating. Jareds car as i stated will be the one exception when he gets it running... but as of right now none of us are pushing anything over 400.(most of us are in a club together)

Also chris(our 1j representative) should have a pretty sick setup after he is done building his car.

Our best 1/4 time is/was like 13.4 i believe. Now that everyone is getting serious it should be interesting.

HyPer50
05-13-2005, 07:29 PM
is that what Barry told you?

What part are you referring to? About the numbers? If so, he has told me his numbers before, I can't remember exactly what his numbers, but I do know he is still running stock internals over 400rwhp which is pretty impressive for a 302. If your referring to the money races, no he hasn't TOLD me specifically, but I catch wind of things on SCF. He called out a Supra who was talking shit for a grand or more, not sure if they ever did anything that time.

JustinSane110™
05-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Shit, that Kenne Bell for the 03-04 Cobras is no joke man. About 750hp at 14psi, and over 830 with TT on the same amount of boost. They had a test in MM&FF a few months back, only other mod on the motor was a Accufab TB if I'm not mistaken. Imagine if you cranked the boost to about 20 or so.

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
What part are you referring to? About the numbers? If so, he has told me his numbers before, I can't remember exactly what his numbers, but I do know he is still running stock internals over 400rwhp which is pretty impressive for a 302. If your referring to the money races, no he hasn't TOLD me specifically, but I catch wind of things on SCF. He called out a Supra who was talking shit for a grand or more, not sure if they ever did anything that time.

lol,that was a long time ago man. He ran WAY MORE THAN 400 rwhp with a stock 5.0 shortblock..(more like 2-3 shortblocks). It was well over 600 rwhp with his best setup with the stock 5.0 motor and thats through an automatic trans. It has good internals now (a mexican block now) and he won't tell me his dyno but it is a LOT of power. Its not the stock cid anymore either ;)

WINDSOR
05-13-2005, 09:12 PM
It's just too bad that none of the "old school" supras around here are anything to bluff about beating. Jareds car as i stated will be the one exception when he gets it running... but as of right now none of us are pushing anything over 400.(most of us are in a club together)

Also chris(our 1j representative) should have a pretty sick setup after he is done building his car.

Our best 1/4 time is/was like 13.4 i believe. Now that everyone is getting serious it should be interesting.

you are confused grasshopper. When i say "old school" i don't mean MK3 supras.. I mean the older supra guys like Ivy,chris kinard,larry who were the original MK4 supra people and were the first in the ATL to put single turbos on there cars.

I don't worry about MK3s. Hell i could beat them on the motor usually.

CSquared
05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
you are confused grasshopper. When i say "old school" i don't mean MK3 supras.. I mean the older supra guys like Ivy,chris kinard,larry who were the original MK4 supra people and were the first in the ATL to put single turbos on there cars.

lol ok that's better :)

Cliff
05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
the kenne bell cobras are some of the sickest cars i have ever seen/heard

mogallo
05-14-2005, 01:24 AM
hmmm

good friend of mines twin turbo mustang

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttstang.htm

OR

turbo supra

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttsupra.htm

yeah...great powerband! LOL i know some turbos are better these days but this was an extreme example of a dyno queen supra.

You call that a dyno queen supra??? check this one out!!!

http://dyno.to4r.com/graph.php

You have to click the "Show" box for the dyno graph that you want to see....

JustinSane110™
05-14-2005, 02:10 AM
You call that a dyno queen supra??? check this one out!!!

http://dyno.to4r.com/graph.php

You have to click the "Show" box for the dyno graph that you want to see....
Damn, that top one was pushing 45psi. Thats sick man, and the power curve looks like enough to put you through the damn seat.

mogallo
05-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Damn, that top one was pushing 45psi. Thats sick man, and the power curve looks like enough to put you through the damn seat.

Lol i'd hate to catch that dude on the street and think to myself.... "oh its just a Supra.... its slow, cant run the 1/4, and can only get good dyno numbers... my AWD will RAPE HIM!!!"

mogallo
05-15-2005, 02:56 PM
......... or better yet.... yeah my TT STANG will rape him..... LMAO!!!!

Your 750whp TT Stang x2.......

WINDSOR
05-15-2005, 10:02 PM
......... or better yet.... yeah my TT STANG will rape him..... LMAO!!!!

Your 750whp TT Stang x2.......

No offense but your a dumbass. Dyno numbers don't mean shit except to supra bozos who have your stupid dyno contests. Hell,i would bet $$ a 750 rwhp turbo stang could hang with a 1000 hp supra with a proper gearing up to around 140 mph. With marco being the lone exception on that list i'd like to see any of those supras run the times that one i posted above has....that one has run single digit times letting off.

mogallo
05-15-2005, 10:53 PM
No offense but your a dumbass. Dyno numbers don't mean shit except to supra bozos who have your stupid dyno contests. Hell,i would bet $$ a 750 rwhp turbo stang could hang with a 1000 hp supra with a proper gearing up to around 140 mph. With marco being the lone exception on that list i'd like to see any of those supras run the times that one i posted above has....that one has run single digit times letting off.

Do some more research buddy, before calling me a dumbass... and i guess you keep thinking in terms of TRACK this and TRACK that.... i dont go to the track..... at 140mph the Supra is just getting started whereas the stang will start puttering out..... marco is not the only 8 second supra running around.... there are plenty of them..... ill put money on the 750whp stang vs 1000whp supra on the freeway too man except my money is on the Supra.... you see, the fast supras dont race other cars.... they race BIKES for kicks... i dont see too many BIKE kill stories on the Svtperformance forums. just holllllaaaa!!!! Actually, we can make it interesting and do it with a 750whp Supra and a 750whp Stang. You obviously havent seen the videos of dmitry's supra @ 400whp putting CL'S on the SC'd foxbody @ over 500whp.... How many stangs do you know of that are "properly geared" for the freeway??? BLAH......

JoeMayo
05-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Who said if you want a nice car go with a supra? Phh Cobras are just as nice..
Get a 03/04 Cobra slap one of those single or twin turbo setups on and say bye bye to supra from a roll... :)
03/04 Cobra spend 10k on your turbosetup and your set
Supra good luck spending no less then 25k to have 900hp "reliable"
SC mustangs no doubt they poop out up top the S/c starts to get tired and doesn't spin the belt but if your running at the 1/4 Track there deadly against a tastefully modded supra that does 11's at 140mph :rolleyes:

Tracer
05-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I hate to tell you but if the Supra is tuned right, a Mustang will not have a chance in the 1/4. I don't understand why people think Supra's suck in the 1/4mile.....it just doesn't make any sense.

mogallo
05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Who said if you want a nice car go with a supra? Phh Cobras are just as nice..
Get a 03/04 Cobra slap one of those single or twin turbo setups on and say bye bye to supra from a roll... :)
03/04 Cobra spend 10k on your turbosetup and your set
Supra good luck spending no less then 25k to have 900hp "reliable"
SC mustangs no doubt they poop out up top the S/c starts to get tired and doesn't spin the belt but if your running at the 1/4 Track there deadly against a tastefully modded supra that does 11's at 140mph :rolleyes:

http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv

I have YET to see a twin turbo stang do THAT to a busa..... go ahead, climb in your TT Cobra and race a 1000whp Poopra from a 40mph roll..... the results will be a lot worse for the stang than the busa in this video... i mean, its ONLY 1000whp.... I'd hate to see the Cobra against a 1200 or 1300whp Supra....

I am willing to put money on a race between a TT Cobra vs Single T Supra of EQUAL whp from a roll..... Supra... HANDS DOWN.

Tracy
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
cool video!

WINDSOR
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I hate to tell you but if the Supra is tuned right, a Mustang will not have a chance in the 1/4. I don't understand why people think Supra's suck in the 1/4mile.....it just doesn't make any sense.

yeah,keith fortners supra made 700 hp to the wheels and barely made into the 10s. Face it,most of them on the street are dyno queens. A lot of them are scared to put a tire on the car so they all have shitty ets and high mphs. It seems that it takes a supra 200 more hp to run the same et as a mustang or fbody.

Tracy
05-16-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah,keith fortners supra made 700 hp to the wheels and barely made into the 10s. Face it,most of them on the street are dyno queens. A lot of them are scared to put a tire on the car so they all have shitty ets and high mphs. It seems that it takes a supra 200 more hp to run the same et as a mustang or fbody.

OR they just don't have the right suspension set up or ample seat time. Power is not the only thing that equals E/T guys. Just remember that ;)

Tracer
05-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah I've never seen a Mustang do that

WINDSOR
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Do some more research buddy, before calling me a dumbass... and i guess you keep thinking in terms of TRACK this and TRACK that.... i dont go to the track..... at 140mph the Supra is just getting started whereas the stang will start puttering out..... marco is not the only 8 second supra running around.... there are plenty of them..... ill put money on the 750whp stang vs 1000whp supra on the freeway too man except my money is on the Supra.... you see, the fast supras dont race other cars.... they race BIKES for kicks... i dont see too many BIKE kill stories on the Svtperformance forums. just holllllaaaa!!!! Actually, we can make it interesting and do it with a 750whp Supra and a 750whp Stang. You obviously havent seen the videos of dmitry's supra @ 400whp putting CL'S on the SC'd foxbody @ over 500whp.... How many stangs do you know of that are "properly geared" for the freeway??? BLAH......

Marco is the only truely driven 8 second supra around that i know of. AAP and Titan do not drive there cars around. Tell me who else?

A lot of high hp supras are just good for top end thats all. 0-140 they would lose to a lower powered car with a better powerband.... (i.e like a turbo v8 car) but after 140 aerodynamics and gearing would let the supra walk ahead.

Mine is properly geared for the freeway...i have 3.27 gears..almost the same as a supra which has a 3.13 on a 6 speed TT. A turbo mustang doesn't need a lot of gear because the turbos make enough low end to move the car without adding a lot of torque multiplication. I would say with 3.27 rear and a 25.5 inch rear tire i could top out close to 150 mph in 4th. Also i plan to be able to run with some GSX-1000 cc bikes on the highway.

WINDSOR
05-16-2005, 09:02 PM
OR they just don't have the right suspension set up or ample seat time. Power is not the only thing that equals E/T guys. Just remember that ;)

i guess...fortner ran his car every friday night for a whole year. It must take the supra guys longer then most.

WINDSOR
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv

I have YET to see a twin turbo stang do THAT to a busa..... go ahead, climb in your TT Cobra and race a 1000whp Poopra from a 40mph roll..... the results will be a lot worse for the stang than the busa in this video... i mean, its ONLY 1000whp.... I'd hate to see the Cobra against a 1200 or 1300whp Supra....

I am willing to put money on a race between a TT Cobra vs Single T Supra of EQUAL whp from a roll..... Supra... HANDS DOWN.

It depends.....if you want to do some 0-200 mph bullshit then yeah...I say 40-140....or just take it to the track!

Tracy
05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
i guess...fortner ran his car every friday night for a whole year. It must take the supra guys longer then most.

I wasn't just referring to Fortner, but if you want to pick apart what I said...then so be it. I was just saying in general to everyone including Mark and Jason that power does not necessacarily mean low E/T's. Frome experience with customers, people tend to thing that with X amount of power they will be in the 10's or whatever their goal is. I have to constantly explain to them that you can't guaruatee E/T's with power alone. Sounds like I may have actually been agreeing with what YOU were saying...god forbid ;)

Tracer
05-16-2005, 09:10 PM
It depends.....if you want to do some 0-200 mph bullshit then yeah...I say 40-140....or just take it to the track!

Take it to the track???? That's so gay. What are you going to do if you're on the highway and a Supra comes up to you? Roll down your window and tell him "Hey if you want to race me, lets go to the track" To me that's just GAY. Fast cars are suppose to be all rounded....Track and Highway.

mogallo
05-16-2005, 09:13 PM

Wait wait, i think you need to be corrected here.... if you CAN do some 0-200 pulls..... that rules out your little Cobra.....

Grow some BALLS and take it to the street beeeeyooottchhh!!!!

Big Rick
05-16-2005, 09:13 PM
people don't understand that overall "set ups" make big differences.

Tracy
05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
people don't understand that overall "set ups" make big differences.

Yea, when I tell people that here, they think I'm trying to milk them for more $$$. It's hilarious!!!!

Big Rick
05-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Yea, when I tell people that here, they think I'm trying to milk them for more $$$. It's hilarious!!!!

yeah, i would just give them their whp and let them deal with the rest.

mogallo
05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
hahahah Tracy, i think this isnt about the track anymore..... i know my car isnt going to run that well at the track.... there are a lot more factors than just Power when it comes to that sort of ordeal... :D

Big Rick
05-16-2005, 09:28 PM
and this whole which is better mustang /supra crap is gay. its a never ending thread.

set ups on cars will more then likely always be different. u have to take in to consideration:

drivers
auto or 5/6speed
tires
drivetrain
conditions
distance (0-80) (80-160)
torque numbers

then u have the plaform u started with. people will also argue Whp/dollar on the overall set up and don't give me this stangs are cheaper b/s b/c i know some that was spend lots and some which spend little. same goes with supras. bigger is not always better.

in the end, never ending thread

Big Rick
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
now don't get me wrong its always fun arguing both sides but there will never be a winner

mogallo
05-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Lets retitle this : THE NEVER ENDING THREAD!!!

mogallo
05-16-2005, 09:33 PM
now don't get me wrong its always fun arguing both sides but there will never be a winner

Of course there will..... Freeway and roll races belong to the Supra, and 1/8's and 1/4's go to the Stang.... thats all it really boils down to....

mogallo
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
nobody posted about how badass of a video that was....... hrmmmm!!!!!

HyPer50
05-17-2005, 12:37 AM
and this whole which is better mustang /supra crap is gay. its a never ending thread.

set ups on cars will more then likely always be different. u have to take in to consideration:

drivers
auto or 5/6speed
tires
drivetrain
conditions
distance (0-80) (80-160)
torque numbers

then u have the plaform u started with. people will also argue Whp/dollar on the overall set up and don't give me this stangs are cheaper b/s b/c i know some that was spend lots and some which spend little. same goes with supras. bigger is not always better.

in the end, never ending thread

I agree with most you said EXCEPT the last part. I'd be pretty confident in saying that 5.0 mustangs are the CHEAPEST to get to 500hp. Buy you a fox body for $1500 (they can be had cheaper) put about $5000-6000 dollars in it, and you'll be at 500rwhp. Now yes, if you want to spend some big money, you can do that on a mustang too, but there is always the cheap rout.

lemansz
05-17-2005, 12:42 AM

fisrt of all what supra???

and what mustang?

an mkIII vs an 03 cobra? then its mustang.. duh

mkiv... vs 79 cobra..

mkiv.

btu those are apples and oranges... 20k $ 500 rwhp mustang
or 60k$ 700 rwhp supra

just no camparison.

Thrust
05-17-2005, 02:47 AM
Wait wait, i think you need to be corrected here.... if you CAN do some 0-200 pulls..... that rules out your little Cobra.....

Actually, some KB/Whipple cobras have been known to hit 200mph. Are you down for some 0-150 runs this weekend?

white99gt
05-17-2005, 06:42 AM
This thread is so screwy.
Both cars have their pros and cons.
I work on supras and have built some nice high powered ones.Are they sick yes.Am i scared of one NO..A lot of the supra guys(chirs kinard,ivy and the others) know im not scared to push mine,i built it to be beat on..

Parts for a supra are out of this world.Break one and its gonna cost you $$$$.
Mustangs are cheap parts are cheap.Breaking it isnt gonna break the bank.

It all boils down to who has the most money to mod their cars with.
Im sure i can always add race fuel and see what mine will do then :D

buddha@TeamFX
05-17-2005, 07:57 AM
id still have to pull towards the mustang...cause there's no replacement for displacement...nothing can mauk the sound of a domestic v8

RUSH
05-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Mmmk, this is just back and forth! The supra is the car I wanted for sometime now, so I finaly bought one! I have drove all kinds of stangs, camaros, EVO's, WRX's, and so on.... But I love the way a supra feels, and looks! I have done a few things to my car, and its not a dyno queen, I would rather race from a dig than a roll! I am the one that is suppose to race Barry in his ttstang! I know a lot about his car, and yes it is a well built car! Yes he is pushing a lil more than 400hp's,! He will out run me as of right now but it would be close, and I have told him that!

This topic will go back and forth, and you will never here the end of it! Both cars are fast cars, and just like it was said before, they both have there pro's and con's, just like any car! I am a car guy, and I like all cars, but its the owners that you have to watch out for! There are some supra owners that are dicks, and the same goes for any other car owner!

4bangin
05-17-2005, 09:11 AM
03/04 cobra > supra

RUSH
05-17-2005, 10:26 AM
03/04 cobra > supra

Just what I said...Never ending!

Tracy
05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I agree with most you said EXCEPT the last part. I'd be pretty confident in saying that 5.0 mustangs are the CHEAPEST to get to 500hp. Buy you a fox body for $1500 (they can be had cheaper) put about $5000-6000 dollars in it, and you'll be at 500rwhp. Now yes, if you want to spend some big money, you can do that on a mustang too, but there is always the cheap rout.

You can do the same with a 240....oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! :)
JP;)

Big Rick
05-17-2005, 10:58 AM
id still have to pull towards the mustang...cause there's no replacement for displacement...nothing can mauk the sound of a domestic v8

thats only a FACT, doesn't mean shit. that doesn't decide which is the faster car.

RUSH
05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
You can do the same with a 240....oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! :)
JP;)

Fershizzle!!!

WINDSOR
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Take it to the track???? That's so gay. What are you going to do if you're on the highway and a Supra comes up to you? Roll down your window and tell him "Hey if you want to race me, lets go to the track" To me that's just GAY. Fast cars are suppose to be all rounded....Track and Highway.

Nope,i would race him...mines setup for the highway now..and from a stop as well.

WINDSOR
05-17-2005, 04:23 PM

Grow some BALLS and take it to the street beeeeyooottchhh!!!!

you say that until you get locked up and your liscense taken away. Beyooootchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

iloveboost
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
What's your setup/numbers/specs, Windsor, if you don't mind me asking....

WINDSOR
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
thats only a FACT, doesn't mean shit. that doesn't decide which is the faster car.

It does mean shit. If you turbo a bigger displacement engine it will always make more power then a smaller one. Thats why the supras can't compete at the Orlando Street Nationals. They need nitrous on top of boost to compete with the other cars with only 1 power adder.

mogallo
05-17-2005, 04:58 PM
you say that until you get locked up and your liscense taken away. Beyooootchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Been there..... DONE DAT!!! And i STILL AINT SKURRRD!!!! Beeeeeeyyooooottttcchhhhh!!!!!

white99gt
05-17-2005, 07:25 PM
This topic will go back and forth, and you will never here the end of it! Both cars are fast cars, and just like it was said before, they both have there pro's and con's, just like any car! I am a car guy, and I like all cars, but its the owners that you have to watch out for! There are some supra owners that are dicks, and the same goes for any other car owner!

Exactly its the owners that make the car.

The main fact is we build our cars because WE like them..Wether its a 240 ,evo,lancer,stang etc.

Not to bash anyone but displacement is not the KEY to a fast car..Cubic inch vs cubic inch some motors just make more power with less cubes..This is why in the NMRA(national mustang racers assoc) the mod motors are starting to take over.They make more power with less cubes..period.

I guess im like a lot of ricers,i like playing the underdog ..No one ever thinks a gt is fast :D

Tracer
05-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Who are u calling RICERS??? Just because we own imports, that makes us ricers? Its funny that my 4cyl can pretty much can OWN almost every V8 on the road.

white99gt
05-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Who are u calling RICERS??? Just because we own imports, that makes us ricers? Its funny that my 4cyl can pretty much can OWN almost every V8 on the road.

Easy..Form of speach..Just like redneck = mustangs, did you see anyone else getting bent out of shape. .I turn wrenches on imports everyday so dont freak out here.

Redlight to redlight,im sure yours is fast esp depending on your mods .Awd cars have a advantage from the dig.So im sure v8s will have a problem in that area,then there is body weight etc....

But then again the day i get out run by a street legal(also emission legal) ,full interior(nothing stripped),pump gas running 4cyl.Ill trade mine in.

Dragonfly5338
05-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Easy..Form of speach..Just like redneck = mustangs, did you see anyone else getting bent out of shape. .I turn wrenches on imports everyday so dont freak out here.

Redlight to redlight,im sure yours is fast esp depending on your mods .Awd cars have a advantage from the dig.So im sure v8s will have a problem in that area,then there is body weight etc....

But then again the day i get out run by a street legal(also emission legal) ,full interior(nothing stripped),pump gas running 4cyl.Ill trade mine in.

LOL with the #s in your sig I don't think you have to worry about our 4cyl riceboxes on the highway. That's impressive, man. :)

Wanna race from a light? Fastest 0-60 wins!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

GTScoob
05-18-2005, 02:14 AM
funny thread.

One thing that hasnt really been brought up is the fact that larger motors can make more power on lower octane pump gas, as opposed to a lot of imports which must use 110+ octane race gas in order to accomplish more power.

I'd take the stang over the supra because I just plain and simply think Supras are boring. Everybody and their brother has a stupid fast one. It was cool seeing my first couple single turbo Supras at shows and whatnot but then they all just look the same.

How fun is a car really when it doesnt even start to pull until 60+ mph? I like a very responsive car that pulls really hard up to 140 or so but I see no practical reason to go any faster than that, especially on the streets.

RUSH
05-18-2005, 08:35 AM
funny thread.

One thing that hasnt really been brought up is the fact that larger motors can make more power on lower octane pump gas, as opposed to a lot of imports which must use 110+ octane race gas in order to accomplish more power.

I'd take the stang over the supra because I just plain and simply think Supras are boring. Everybody and their brother has a stupid fast one. It was cool seeing my first couple single turbo Supras at shows and whatnot but then they all just look the same.

How fun is a car really when it doesnt even start to pull until 60+ mph? I like a very responsive car that pulls really hard up to 140 or so but I see no practical reason to go any faster than that, especially on the streets.

Im sorry dude, but you just said everbody and there brother has a stupid fast one!! :lmfao: :lmfao: Yeah.... THere are a lot of them running around, infact I seen 5 supras this morning on the way to work, and no mustangs!

I dont like speed either, which my car right now probably tops out at like 145-150mph, and I would much rather race from a dig....Hun, pretty strange coming from a supra owner isnt it?
I have a couple friends right now with some beast(Cobras) they are both using the KB's, and one is pushing close to 600hp, which he is fixing to go with the twin turbo setup! The other is a 04 cobra that the motor was sent off, built and blue printed, and strickly runs c16 and pushing around 700-750hp! I like mustangs, and wouldnt mind building a bad one, but I wanted to build a supra instead!

Big Rick
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
funny thread.

"everybody and their brother has a stupid fast one"???

"they all just look the same"???? and mustangs don't?

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2005, 12:01 PM
This is an entertaining thread. A ton of arm chair quarterbacking and internet racing. Why don't yall go settle it once and for all? Then again, I'm sure the loosing side will come up with a million excuses why they lost and it will truly never end.

Although I'd like to see some of the bigger smack talkers put in their place personally. ;)

Big Rick
05-18-2005, 12:13 PM
This is an entertaining thread. A ton of arm chair quarterbacking and internet racing. Why don't yall go settle it once and for all? Then again, I'm sure the loosing side will come up with a million excuses why they lost and it will truly never end.

Although I'd like to see some of the bigger smack talkers put in their place personally. ;)

world war 3, lol

really tho, there can never be a winner, there will always be someone faster, like i said there was no point to this thread.

RUSH
05-18-2005, 12:15 PM
"everybody and their brother has a stupid fast one"???

"they all just look the same"???? and mustangs don't?

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Thats what I thought!!!!

buddha@TeamFX
05-18-2005, 12:54 PM
i respect em all...but in the end...im my opinion there is no replacement for displacement...i mean i know guys with heavy ass old school chevy's and fords with big block all motor's turning in the 10s and lower with a power adder...i have never seen a 4cyl or 6cyl import turn those times without serious work...and a huge power adder such as turbo or nos...or something so in the end motor to motor wise with no power adder there is no competition...and alot of the import guys i talk to that are building crazy power and turning crazy times...they say they have to do a basic rebuild every season...i mean logically that small of diplacement cant hold the high horsepower and torque as long as a bb or sb domestic can.

buddha@TeamFX
05-18-2005, 12:59 PM
and on more ??? can any of yall show me a all motor import 4cyl or 6cyl that without a power adder is in the 600hp range...i mean the 427 small block(400 chevy with some longer rods) that im putting in my camaro made 645 at the flywheel and 680tq. and thats all motor no power adder no nos just motor...then again it is 12.5 to 1 comp. and pushin 2 4bbl...

Big Rick
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I hear ya bro, but u have to understand 1 thing, example 1, a car like the supra, 2jz, was built for a turbo, not high compression. Therefore the reason u can't compare all motor, b/c it was never ment to be ALL motor. take this for example, from the factory the 2jz can withstand and has be proven to hold up to 900whp on a completely STOCK bottom end. this is a factory bottom end.

Now lets talk about all motor. "honda 2000" lol 240hp, rated at the most hp per cyl. from the factory.
the japs have no reason to built all motor gas draining cars. they wouldn't sell in japan and other parts of the world. here in the US we can pretty much afford it.

in the end, cars are great and if it wasn't for all these different makes and models we all wouldn't be having this great thread. lol

RUSH
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I hear ya bro, but u have to understand 1 thing, example 1, a car like the supra, 2jz, was built for a turbo, not high compression. Therefore the reason u can't compare all motor, b/c it was never ment to be ALL motor. take this for example, from the factory the 2jz can withstand and has be proven to hold up to 900whp on a completely STOCK bottom end. this is a factory bottom end.

Now lets talk about all motor. "honda 2000" lol 240hp, rated at the most hp per cyl. from the factory.
the japs have no reason to built all motor gas draining cars. they wouldn't sell in japan and other parts of the world. here in the US we can pretty much afford it.

in the end, cars are great and if it wasn't for all these different makes and models we all wouldn't be having this great thread. lol

That last line is a good one!! Mad props to you!!!!! :goodjob:

lemansz
05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
or you can be like me,i have an 87 mustang fox body notchback with a built motor (aftermarket heads,intake,cam...it made 400 flywheel hp WITHOUT THE TURBO ANR RAN 11.97@115) with an intercooled T-76 turbo. I'm building it to run with the supras and bikes from a roll and will run from a stop too (hello mickey thompson 17 inch drag radials....Evos or STis don't scare me). I guarantee my car will easily make 550 rwhp at very low boost (10 or so psi) and have an insane torque curve and fast spoolup (37-3800 rpm) compared to any kind of supra with a similar turbo and mine is dual ball bearing Turbonetics unit as well.

So whats up now!

MUSTANG+TURBO=SUPRA OWNAGE

when this beast gona be ready to race?

im goign this weekend to jackson sc.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
It seems to that this thread is moving in the direction of Import vs. Domestic cars. I don't care what your motor can do without a turbo or blower. And anyone who says that don't give AWD any respect.....that's just stupid.

buddha@TeamFX
05-18-2005, 03:32 PM
i agree big rick...i was just making a point from a guy i talked to today...but i agree supra's are fast and i would love to have one...but one im a import guy and second i would be broke if i bought one of them

Clark94T
05-18-2005, 03:36 PM
i respect em all...but in the end...im my opinion there is no replacement for displacement...i mean i know guys with heavy ass old school chevy's and fords with big block all motor's turning in the 10s and lower with a power adder...i have never seen a 4cyl or 6cyl import turn those times without serious work...and a huge power adder such as turbo or nos...or something so in the end motor to motor wise with no power adder there is no competition...and alot of the import guys i talk to that are building crazy power and turning crazy times...they say they have to do a basic rebuild every season...i mean logically that small of diplacement cant hold the high horsepower and torque as long as a bb or sb domestic can.

True, but I've been beating on my stock motor 2JZGTE for 3 years now. Haven't had to rebuild it yet. It has trapped 140mph so far on 275 drag radials with crappy 1/8mile traps. I probably can get a little more out of it. I know you can build anything to go fast and mustangs are an excellent platform. I've just been impressed how much this motor can take from the factory w/ stock internals.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM
True, but I've been beating on my stock motor 2JZGTE for 3 years now. Haven't had to rebuild it yet. It has trapped 140mph so far on 275 drag radials with crappy 1/8mile traps. I probably can get a little more out of it. I know you can build anything to go fast and mustangs are an excellent platform. I've just been impressed how much this motor can take from the factory w/ stock internals.

Hey your motor can handle more power than what you are setup right now. Dan had 1200whp on his stock internals.

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Buddha, I understand your point to an extent, but it's a comparo of apples to corn flakes.

That's like telling you to take out 2 of the cyls. out of a run-of-the-mill SB making 300 HP. Stock for stock, it's no more powerful than a run-of-the-mill import V6 or I6. As a matter of fact, compared to today's high output V6 of 260hp and more, it would actually fall short. And more importantly, that would actually be with the domestic actually having LARGER displacement and the import having a SMALLER displacement, yet still having more HP.

See, if you take the typical 5.0 liter domestic V8, divide those 5 liters by 8 (# of cyls), that equals to .625/cyl. Multiply that .625 by 6 (to equal to what it would be if you sheered off 2 cyls) and you get 3.75L of displacement. Now, take that 300HP and divide it by 8 cyls, and you get 37.5 HP/liter. So, using that same assumption, you multiply 37.5 by 6 for your new make belief 6 cyl domestic and you get 225HP.

Now, using the same logic, you take a typical V6 like the one in the 350z. 3.5L putting out a reported 275HP stock. Do the same math as above, but backwards to figure out what if a 3.5L V6 morphed into an 4.6L V8 (it's mathematical big brother). It comes out to an import 4.6L V8 putting out somewhere around 366 HP stock.

Now, I know this is all fairy tale math and just for giggles, but the physics are still there. It's not fair to compare a bigger displacement motor to a smaller displacement motor on raw HP #'s alone. You should take other factors into consideration.

Even with all that said, the domestic V8 is still going to be the king of the hill when it comes to sheer numbers. Why? Simple. You can get one for dirt cheap, you can mod it for dirt cheap from bizillion page catalogs, and dollar for dollar you can make one go faster easier. So, that means that the actual decision of which is better for you is going to simply boil down to personal preference. Personally, I like all cars so props to everyone for modding ANY car IMO.

Clark94T
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey your motor can handle more power than what you are setup right now. Dan had 1200whp on his stock internals.

No it can't. I think what you meant to say was the stock pistons can take 1200whp. The stock rods will fail @ 850rwhp. I'm sure you could make around 1000whp on a dyno, but it wouldn't hold together on the street/track. If I make it til next winter without blowing it up I'll pull it and replace the rods and springs/retainers.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh my fault. Clark you dont remember me but, I met you at that import meet at the Varsity this month. I was with Mark. I can't wait to see your car with more power.

mogallo
05-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh my fault. Clark you dont remember me but, I met you at that import meet at the Varsity this month. I was with Mark. I can't wait to see your car with more power.

Hahahah MORE POWER??? As if 800whp ISNT enough!!!! Damn slow ass Supras......

Tracer
05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Hahahah MORE POWER??? As if 800whp ISNT enough!!!! Damn slow ass Supras......

That's what all the V8necks think

mogallo
05-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Im sorry dude, but you just said everbody and there brother has a stupid fast one!! :lmfao: :lmfao: Yeah.... THere are a lot of them running around, infact I seen 5 supras this morning on the way to work, and no mustangs!

I have a couple friends right now with some beast(Cobras) they are both using the KB's, and one is pushing close to 600hp, which he is fixing to go with the twin turbo setup! The other is a 04 cobra that the motor was sent off, built and blue printed, and strickly runs c16 and pushing around 700-750hp! I like mustangs, and wouldnt mind building a bad one, but I wanted to build a supra instead!

Damn..... 700-750 on a TT Stang??? THATS IT???? ON RACE GAS???? Thats about what a Supra with a Large Turbo has on PUMP...... Tsk Tsk Tsk....

Clark94T
05-18-2005, 04:55 PM

Nice talking w/ ya. Speaking of mustangs and supra did you happen to see the turbo mustang @ the varsity? I spoke w/ Barry the owner for a little bit. That mustang was badass.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah I saw the Mustang but I heard he only runs low 10's.....but I don't know if that's true or not. So if anyone knows let me know...thanks

mogallo
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Nice talking w/ ya. Speaking of mustangs and supra did you happen to see the turbo mustang @ the varsity? I spoke w/ Barry the owner for a little bit. That mustang was badass.

HELL YA IT WAS BADASS!!!!! I love the sleeper effect.... :D

RUSH
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM

Thats the one Im suppose to race, lets just say its a single digit 1/4 ;)

Mogallo..... Its not a TT mustang, its supercharged!

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah I saw the Mustang but I heard he only runs low 10's.....but I don't know if that's true or not. So if anyone knows let me know...thanks

Why don't you race him and find out. And you must think low 10s is slow huh.."only runs low 10s"

Tracer
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
You took it the wrong way Windsor

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Do you go to the varsity meets a lot? I've been to like 2-3 this year so far. I'm going to try to make in my turbo mustang for the next one in June. I think Barry will be there as well in his since he lives in midtown near Ga tech. I'd like to check out that supra in person.

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Damn..... 700-750 on a TT Stang??? THATS IT???? ON RACE GAS???? Thats about what a Supra with a Large Turbo has on PUMP...... Tsk Tsk Tsk....

A twin turbo o3 cobra should have no trouble making 1000+ hp man with the right turbos. A whippled cobra will be limited due to the inherent inefficiency of the twin screw superchargers.

Oh and whos supra makes 750 rwhp on pump gas assuming you are talking about 93 octane? I sure would like to see that.

mogallo
05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
A twin turbo o3 cobra should have no trouble making 1000+ hp man with the right turbos. A whippled cobra will be limited due to the inherent inefficiency of the twin screw superchargers.

Oh and whos supra makes 750 rwhp on pump gas assuming you are talking about 93 octane? I sure would like to see that.

Okay, that number was just off the top of my head, the actual number is closer to 700whp.... T88H on 22psi PUMP gas.... the actual dyno was 698whp on Pump and 900 something on Racegas.... pretty close to 1000. there are a lot of T88 Supras out there..... and there are a lot of different turbos bigger than a T88.

Yes, 93 octane.

Thanks for the correction Windsor!!!

mogallo
05-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Thats the one Im suppose to race, lets just say its a single digit 1/4 ;)

Mogallo..... Its not a TT mustang, its supercharged!

Mogallo <------- Cant Read :D

Rush, you are planning to run single digit times at the track as well or what???

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Okay, that number was just off the top of my head, the actual number is closer to 700whp.... T88H on 22psi PUMP gas.... the actual dyno was 698whp on Pump and 900 something on Racegas.... pretty close to 1000. there are a lot of T88 Supras out there..... and there are a lot of different turbos bigger than a T88.

Yes, 93 octane.

Thanks for the correction Windsor!!!

I'd like to see what the powerband looks like with a T88 on a 3.0L? Is that small frame real 88mm turbo like a PT88 or a Greddy T88 which is like a 70mm or 72mm wheel?

Tracer
05-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I'd like to see what the powerband looks like with a T88 on a 3.0L? Is that small frame real 88mm turbo like a PT88 or a Greddy T88 which is like a 70mm or 72mm wheel?

Hey did anyone sign up for Windsor's class on turbo's? I sure didn't. LOL

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey did anyone sign up for Windsor's class on turbo's? I sure didn't. LOL

maybe you should. You have something of value to be added?

mogallo
05-18-2005, 05:38 PM

Greddy T88H Turbo

mogallo
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
One dyno graph i looked at with a T88 appears to spool at 4300rpm..... at 5200rpm he is pushing 600whp and by 5500 he is pushing 700whp....

I'm willing to bet this is a pretty lethal combination with an 8500 or so redline.... but you would have to slightly mod the internals of the 2j to do that...

Tracer
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
maybe you should. You have something of value to be added?

Nah. I get all my teaching from a guy that I respect real well. He doesn't treat people like crap.

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Nah. I get all my teaching from a guy that I respect real well. He doesn't treat people like crap.

cool. give him a cookie next time you see him.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
cool. give him a cookie next time you see him.

I just don't understand why you have to be so cocky? This thread was started for fun...and then you come in hear and treat people crap. Like you run the show or something.

mogallo
05-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Why are you even comparing the two??? Windsor and Mr. X??? They arent even in the same league man..... Nobody in GA even comapres to dude you are talkin about Jason..... Windsor, cut out the jealous remarks plz....

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I just don't understand why you have to be so cocky? This thread was started for fun...and then you come in hear and treat people crap. Like you run the show or something.

Don't take it too seriously...Its just the internet. I know who you are talking about and i'm sure he knows his stuff.

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Why are you even comparing the two??? Windsor and Mr. X??? They arent even in the same league man..... Nobody in GA even comapres to dude you are talkin about Jason..... Windsor, cut out the jealous remarks plz....

Jealous? Hardly. I'll be back on later...have to go teach turbo class now.

mogallo
05-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Jealous? Hardly. I'll be back on later...have to go teach turbo class now.

:D If that is how you plan on funding your TT setup.... i would suggest a 2nd and 3rd job..... a 4th wouldnt hurt either.....

Tracy
05-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Jason,

Windsor is just like that. Don't take him to seriously. He makes me mad sometimes, too. Then I just give him the smack down and tell him to be quiet! :D

JK, Windsor:). I'll sit here and calmly wait for your retort.

Tracer
05-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Jason,

Windsor is just like that. Don't take him to seriously. He makes me mad sometimes, too. Then I just give him the smack down and tell him to be quiet! :D

JK, Windsor:). I'll sit here and calmly wait for your retort.

I know...I'm just sick and tired of all these IA people that think they know everything about cars and turbos. Just because their in a car club doesn't make them GOD.

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I know...I'm just sick and tired of all these IA people that think they know everything about cars and turbos. Just because their in a car club doesn't make them GOD.

LOL,i'm not in any car club. I know a good bit about cars and turbos but never say i know it all. I'm no kid...i'm 30 years old and graduated from college. You don't really know me so you can't really judge what i know and what i don't know. Lets just keep it at that.

WINDSOR
05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
:D If that is how you plan on funding your TT setup.... i would suggest a 2nd and 3rd job..... a 4th wouldnt hurt either.....

I don't have a TT setup. I have a single turbo setup with a T-76 and its already done and on the car. I just have some minor details to finish and it will be ready to bust some supra ass. :D

Big Rick
05-18-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't have a TT setup. I have a single turbo setup with a T-76 and its already done and on the car. I just have some minor details to finish and it will be ready to bust some supra ass. :D

doesn't matter, at the end of the day its still a stang :D

j/k bro

mogallo
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM

What do you consider "minor details" ??? A MOTOR??? TRANSMISSION???? Or the little plastic piece that goes over your mirror??

Just give me a shout anytime you want to "bust some supra ass".... im kinda into that kinky spanking shit man...... :wink: :wink:

yudalicious
05-18-2005, 10:05 PM
reading this thread just reinforces my disdain for one thing: all these high school import fan boys who think any Supra is the end all sports car... those who actually know what they're talking about, thank you. (not putting down supras, for they are good cars)

Dragonfly5338
05-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi Clark! :)

Negrodamus
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Get a 1994 RX-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

RUSH
05-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Mogallo <------- Cant Read :D

Rush, you are planning to run single digit times at the track as well or what???

Ummm, No coment! :D

simplyblurredmrT
05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=WINDSOR]It does mean shit. If you turbo a bigger displacement engine it will always make more power then a smaller one. [QUOTE]

I'm going cliche here but "bigger is not always better". Top Secret has a top speed Supra, that is not JZ powered but SW powered...yeah it has MR2 turbo motor in it. It prolly has a shitty 1/4 mile time but that little four banger is toping out at about 200+ mph. To say that is impressive is an understatment.

This thread seems more a domestic vs import to me but I'll give my opinion.........If I want a challange Supra.....If I want a Easy speed/power Mustang. As for the domestic VS imports it's been done plenty (Detroit vs The Imports) They held it several years and it's on dvd I do belive. The races they hold have surprizing outcomes.

RUSH
05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282973

Imports win a 10.5 class, but I thought supras suck in the 1/4!

topsecret2JZ
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Get a mustang if you would like good quarter mile time for cheap, Supra if you want to kill on the highway

Torque
05-20-2005, 02:12 PM
This thread is pretty ridiculous.

I'm a fan of the V-8. I love big horse power supras too.

There's really no question about "ease of modification" both financially as well as technology availability and room and common research ,etc.

The 'stangs have it all over the supras in pretty much every department. Period. Sure some supras are faster than most 'stangs. But most stangs are faster than most supra's.

I love underdogs, that's why I'm a ford fan in most racing, and that's also why I love 4 cylinder beasts.

There's no denying that you can go much faster for MUCH less and for much less trouble where mustangs are concerned --straight line, highway, road course.

Supra vs. Stang is a good fight. Period

any more discussion is -> :jerkit:

WINDSOR
05-20-2005, 03:35 PM

no offense but that 10.5 class does not even compare to the orlando world street nationals. The 10.5 tire cars in that class run high 6s at over 200 mph with just one power adder. A supra could never compete unless they changed the rules to allow 2 power adders.

How come we don't see any supras running the outlaw 10.5 circuit? These are huge money races with 20,000 payouts going to the winners. Its basically anything goes on a 10.5W tire...with a few limits on weights of cars depending on the power adder.

mogallo
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM

Hahahah you FAILED to mention that the Supra was a 6-Speed!!!! Not even auto!!

Marco is auto... and faster than Woon in the 1/4, too bad his cable had to break!!!! The videos are on SF as well.

mogallo
05-20-2005, 05:58 PM
This thread is pretty ridiculous.

I'm a fan of the V-8. I love big horse power supras too.

There's really no question about "ease of modification" both financially as well as technology availability and room and common research ,etc.

The 'stangs have it all over the supras in pretty much every department. Period. Sure some supras are faster than most 'stangs. But most stangs are faster than most supra's.

I love underdogs, that's why I'm a ford fan in most racing, and that's also why I LOVE 4 CYLINDER BEASTS.

There's no denying that you can go much faster for MUCH less and for much less trouble where mustangs are concerned --straight line, highway, road course.

Supra vs. Stang is a good fight. Period

any more discussion is -> :jerkit:

This, comming from a guy who thinks a Supra is 4cyl.....

1) Only seen TWO 4cyl Supras.... the Castrol Supra and The Topsecret one.

2) Stock for stock - TT Supra > Mustang GT and Mach 1 , Plus, the majority of Supras are NOT stock.... so "most mustangs are faster than most supras" ... blah!!! Hook me up with that good shit youre smoking man!!!

mogallo
05-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Here's what happens to an Equally Matched whp Cobra against a Supra...... OWNED!!!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~braddman2/SupravsCobraPump.wmv

PS.... that supra is at 18psi too..... :D

CSquared
05-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Here's what happens to an Equally Matched whp Cobra against a Supra...... OWNED!!!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~braddman2/SupravsCobraPump.wmv

PS.... that supra is at 18psi too..... :D

wow that supra got it's ass kicked :(

AFSil80
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
wow that supra got it's ass kicked :(

Looked more like a rundown to me...that Supra is definetly a beast...

RUSH
05-20-2005, 11:02 PM
That Cobra was bad! Very close race in 3,4,5th gear!

DeutscheBAG!
05-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Rush,
have u talked to GM parts lately?

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:12 AM
The Supra driver was very poor in my opinion.... missing gears and spinning tires.... but you get the picture as to how he reeled him in HARD in 1 and 3 and WALKED AWAY from him in race #2 ..... ill try to find a better example....

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:22 AM
http://flathat.woodstream.net/Colum..._TT_Mustang.WMV

Supra vs TT STANG ......

wacha gotta say about THAT BEEEYYYYOOOTTTCCHHH???? OUCH????

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Here's your MODDED 2003 Cobra......

http://home.comcast.net/~braddman1/PHRGT67SupravsCobra.wmv

GETTING OWNED!!!!

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:46 AM
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! Howd you like your car to sound like this???? (and stomp a 351 Stang from a dig)

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/B47B1342-6AF9-436A-8347-4FAC785634D9.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=B47B1342-6AF9-436A-8347-4FAC785634D9)

Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=B47B1342-6AF9-436A-8347-4FAC785634D9)

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Lets give the Saleen Stang a try.... from a DIG nonetheless....

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/55BEA2B4-2FD6-4CA2-9AE0-69AA190C3EC5.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=55BEA2B4-2FD6-4CA2-9AE0-69AA190C3EC5)

Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=55BEA2B4-2FD6-4CA2-9AE0-69AA190C3EC5)

mogallo
05-21-2005, 02:58 AM
How about a Full Bolt-on Heads/Cam/100 Shot C5????? Surely HE can take a Supra....

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/8A06DD9F-5A6F-4872-A03A-D85CBC0ADBC5.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=8A06DD9F-5A6F-4872-A03A-D85CBC0ADBC5)

Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=8A06DD9F-5A6F-4872-A03A-D85CBC0ADBC5)

iloveboost
05-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Nice vid with the 351 Stang.

RUSH
05-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Rush,
have u talked to GM parts lately?

No Walker he hasnt called me in a week or so! Im going to call him and the viper dude when I get the car back!

AFSil80
05-21-2005, 10:59 AM
If anyone wants it, I've got the vid of that 351 stang racing the Supra, but the camera is in the Supra in my copy....

Most of my video folder is of Supras destroying anything. Probably b/c it happens so often, hahahahahaha!

Tracer
05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Man, I thought Supra's suck? LOL Mustang......more like Putang against that Supra

mogallo
05-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I guess there's nothing left to argue about.......

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 05:12 PM
not bad but none of those cars the supras were racing really impressed me. If that TT car (the video doesn't seem to be working..???) is the one with the greenish Sn95 incon car its only running like 8 psi of boost. Did the 351 stang have a turbo on it?

Dragonfly5338
05-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Yes there is. Bow down to the Evo. LOL

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57.jpg (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

Click here to see Video (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 05:16 PM
ohhh i can post a video too!

http://www.lvracingscene.com/videos/stream/01-24-04_Troy_8.86.wmv

Supra vs turbo mustang? what what!

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 05:17 PM

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57.jpg (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

Click here to see Video (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

I want to run that EVO!

TRAY_STi
05-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Damn, that mustang is sick!

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Here is what a properly set up turbo mustang can do on the highway vs a few fast sportbikes

turbo mustang vs 2002 R6
www.godfatheracing.com/tmvids/turbomustangvs02r6.wmv

turbo mustang vs 2004 gixxer 1000
www.godfatheracing.com/tmvids/tmvsgixxer1000.wmv

turbo mustang vs 1999 honda 900RR
www.godfatheracing.com/tmvids/tmvsrob900.wmv

My setup is similar to this one as far as gearing,power level (at 15 psi) :D

mogallo
05-21-2005, 06:13 PM

Hahahah i saw that one!!!!! Some kind of modded Evo vs BPU Twins Supra@18psi.... thats roughly 400whp comming from the stock twins if im not mistaken.... there are some on there where the Supras get beat.... but they are BPU Supras.... so they dont count!!!! :D

One sick Evo for sure though!!!! Silver..... prolly Batlgrounds Evo.... they have the only one in Atlanta that can pull a stunt like that!!!!

mogallo
05-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Supra vs Modded Yamaha R1 - http://www.badassride.com/videos/styletto/shane.wmv (the chase car is a DODGE VIPER)

Repost... But Here's What a Supra does to a MODDED HYABUSA - http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv

Stop picking on the SLOW BIKES in those TT Cobras!!!!

8.86 From a TT Stang huh??? BLAH!!!!

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/6AEE0CC9-0FD8-4BB1-8702-77B49E0CA312.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=6AEE0CC9-0FD8-4BB1-8702-77B49E0CA312)

Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=6AEE0CC9-0FD8-4BB1-8702-77B49E0CA312)
8.45 BEEYYYOOOOTTTTCHHHH!!!!

Tracer
05-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Windsor you put up One fast Mustang of the same car....How many did Mogallo put up of the same Supra? Enough said. Really there's no point discuss this issue with you......Mustang will always be your choice until you get shut down soon by imports. I promise that will happen!!!!

mogallo
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
OUCH!!!!

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=96330#post96330

Cant wait to see that thing OWNING 600cc Bikes man!!!

Timing belt and FPR for tuning??? Now i know your car is kinda outa date, but ever since 1989, they have been making standalone engine management systems for automobiles!!!

Windsor, aka Fred Flintstone!!!!

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 08:26 PM
OUCH!!!!

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=96330#post96330

Cant wait to see that thing OWNING 600cc Bikes man!!!

Timing belt and FPR for tuning??? Now i know your car is kinda outa date, but ever since 1989, they have been making standalone engine management systems for automobiles!!!

Windsor, aka Fred Flintstone!!!!

yeah,i don't need an AEM to make 500 hp like you. Its too bad you guys can't keep the factory ECU like we can. Nobody really cares what you think man. You can make over 1000 hp with a turbo and a blow through CARBURETOR. Thats like what 50s technology.

and yeah,bring out the 600 cc bikes. I know yours can't take them with your 275 rwhp car...better start saving for that TT supra.

WINDSOR
05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
oh LOOK AT THIS

900 rwhp on Fred Flinstone tuning!

http://www.turbomustangs.com/projectcar/Brent/pics.php

Its actually made 1177 rwhp since then with a CARBURETOR!

man
05-21-2005, 11:30 PM
just buy an rx-7 and be done with it

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Hahahah i saw that one!!!!! Some kind of modded Evo vs BPU Twins Supra@18psi.... thats roughly 400whp comming from the stock twins if im not mistaken.... there are some on there where the Supras get beat.... but they are BPU Supras.... so they dont count!!!! :D

One sick Evo for sure though!!!! Silver..... prolly Batlgrounds Evo.... they have the only one in Atlanta that can pull a stunt like that!!!!

err.. no. is a black evo w/ 600+whp running a 660whp mustang. lol you talk and you don't even click the link, lol.

AFSil80
05-22-2005, 01:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Denroll/03cobra_supra.jpg

mogallo
05-22-2005, 02:54 AM
err.. no. is a black evo w/ 600+whp running a 660whp mustang. lol you talk and you don't even click the link, lol.

What can i say?? Im a lazy ass!!! I thought that was the video of the evo racing the BPU Supra!!!!

mogallo
05-22-2005, 02:59 AM
yeah,i don't need an AEM to make 500 hp like you. Its too bad you guys can't keep the factory ECU like we can. Nobody really cares what you think man. You can make over 1000 hp with a turbo and a blow through CARBURETOR. Thats like what 50s technology.

and yeah,bring out the 600 cc bikes. I know yours can't take them with your 275 rwhp car...better start saving for that TT supra.

For not really caring what i think.... you sure have posted a lot of replies to my comments. I think its quite obvious.... YOU REALLY DO CARE WHAT I THINK.

Why dont you race my 275whp car??? Youll SURELY beat the shit out of me!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

As i stated in your :jerkit: :gay: UNDERPRESSURE FORUMS :gay: :jerkit: http://www.forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=7734

I dont need an AEM to make 500whp, that can easily be done with ls400 MAF and SAFC.... i got an AEM cuz i CAN Bitch!!

WINDSOR
05-22-2005, 09:12 AM
This thread was great BTW. You guys might think i'm a supra or import hater but i'm not. If you ignore the price of the car the TT supra would win this argument hands down and be way more reliable then any mustang. Hell,i've been on supraforums checking out the prices on some 93-94s. I could actually buy a nice one now for cash but looking to get my house first so i'll have to stick to the mustang for now.

:D

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 09:25 AM
gah, stop challenging people to 40-190 races, mogallo. that's the biggest copout. nobody measures speed or whatever from 40mph. everything starts from ZERO. suck it up and learn how to launch your car. whoever is racing you will have to launch his as well, you know. and i'm sure they're on street tires too, so that's no excuse.

just man up and do it, hehehe. we all have to learn it sometime. :)

mogallo
05-22-2005, 09:47 AM
This thread was great BTW. You guys might think i'm a supra or import hater but i'm not. If you ignore the price of the car the TT supra would win this argument hands down and be way more reliable then any mustang. Hell,i've been on supraforums checking out the prices on some 93-94s. I could actually buy a nice one now for cash but looking to get my house first so i'll have to stick to the mustang for now.

:D

It was pretty fun though :bigok:

Yeah man, get the house first!!! After this go-round.... im prolly done spending money on the car.... i need to get back into school or something....... i just turned 22, and i dont want time to slip away from me!!! There's more to life than having a fast car :)

mogallo
05-22-2005, 10:04 AM
gah, stop challenging people to 40-190 races, mogallo. that's the biggest copout. nobody measures speed or whatever from 40mph. everything starts from ZERO. suck it up and learn how to launch your car. whoever is racing you will have to launch his as well, you know. and i'm sure they're on street tires too, so that's no excuse.

just man up and do it, hehehe. we all have to learn it sometime. :)

Val, ill race from a dig, im not scared. I know how to launch my car somewhat.... but im going to have to relearn with the new turbo setup.

As far as NOBODY measuring speed from a roll, that is TOTALLY FALSE.... i know a lot of people who care what their 80-120 times and 80-140 times are. I believe that Motor Trend and what not measure highway accelleration on their road tests.

So quit it with the typical Evo owner's conecption that: "Everything starts from ZERO" ......

(You just need to go ahead and throw the second part of that in there:)

"and ends at 60..." :crazy: :D

I'm down for anything. I just prefer 40, 60, or 80mph rolls... (you can obviously see why) you prefer digs, because you know your car's strengths as well.... so we'll have to do a few of each :D

iloveboost
05-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, Dragonfly, you have to think, all cars have their strengths and weaknesses. Wouldn't it be fair, and logical, for both cars to race on each other's preferred strip?

It should be fun seeing them both run at the drag strip, but how often do you line up with someone from a dig nowadays? More often than not, you'll run up on another car from a roll.

If Mogallo wanted a drag beast, he could've done it with much less money than he put into his Supra. At the end of the day, he's still got a badass car despite it running less than superb at the track because he built a car suited to his needs. It's all in fun, and whatever race it is, I'm sure we'll all have fun running each other this summer.

But in all fairness, Windsor said his car was built for highway pulls as well as from a dig, so I don't understand why there'd be any objection to a few highway pulls on his part.

mogallo
05-22-2005, 10:33 AM
BTW THRUST,

If youre still keeping up with this thread..... Thanks for the Ride last night man!!!! Ive always had great Respect for the 2003/2004 Cobras.... last night just affirmed why!!!! One FAST car man!!!!! Supercharger sounds sweet as hell, and the instant 400+ lb/ft of TQ feels pretty insane!!!!

Ill definitely be giving you a call either next weekend or the following one!!!!

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Val, ill race from a dig, im not scared. I know how to launch my car somewhat.... but im going to have to relearn with the new turbo setup.

As far as NOBODY measuring speed from a roll, that is TOTALLY FALSE.... i know a lot of people who care what their 80-120 times and 80-140 times are. I believe that Motor Trend and what not measure highway accelleration on their road tests.

So quit it with the typical Evo owner's conecption that: "Everything starts from ZERO" ......

(You just need to go ahead and throw the second part of that in there:)

"and ends at 60..." :crazy: :D

I'm down for anything. I just prefer 40, 60, or 80mph rolls... (you can obviously see why) you prefer digs, because you know your car's strengths as well.... so we'll have to do a few of each :D

actually, most of the races i do are from a roll - i only launch at the track. and as of right now, my stock clutch is hanging from a thread, so i've been a good girl lately, hehe. can't afford to blow it right now.

i'm just sayin - you're calling windsor out, and the majority of the UP guys are at the track constantly, from what i gather they're not big into street racing. but if you're both set up to go from 80-140 that's cool. kinda a boring race in my opinion tho, hehe. 0-140 is much better. :D

btw - wanna make a bet? i bet that i'll be in the 11s before you will. :D :tongue: if i win, you have to write "EVOS OWN ME" on your back window in shoe polish for a week. if you get 11s before me, then i'll write "SUPRAS RULE, EVOS DROOL". :lmfao: :lmfao:

RUSH
05-22-2005, 04:08 PM
actually, most of the races i do are from a roll - i only launch at the track. and as of right now, my stock clutch is hanging from a thread, so i've been a good girl lately, hehe. can't afford to blow it right now.

i'm just sayin - you're calling windsor out, and the majority of the UP guys are at the track constantly, from what i gather they're not big into street racing. but if you're both set up to go from 80-140 that's cool. kinda a boring race in my opinion tho, hehe. 0-140 is much better. :D

btw - wanna make a bet? i bet that i'll be in the 11s before you will. :D :tongue: if i win, you have to write "EVOS OWN ME" on your back window in shoe polish for a week. if you get 11s before me, then i'll write "SUPRAS RULE, EVOS DROOL". :lmfao: :lmfao:

lol... I like the bet, and I think its a good idea! If Mogallo doesnt want to, then can I take his place? :D

Thrust
05-22-2005, 10:45 PM
BTW THRUST,

If youre still keeping up with this thread..... Thanks for the Ride last night man!!!! Ive always had great Respect for the 2003/2004 Cobras.... last night just affirmed why!!!! One FAST car man!!!!! Supercharger sounds sweet as hell, and the instant 400+ lb/ft of TQ feels pretty insane!!!!

Ill definitely be giving you a call either next weekend or the following one!!!!
Glad that you enjoyed the car. I had a good time getting my ass stomped by that 800hp supra. :D Marc and I were talking about how fast that car was. he left us like we were driving 4 cly..... well you get the idea. I would love to see what yours will do when you get it back. Btw, why didn't any of the evo or sti guys want to run. :confused: It was all in good fun, I just wanted to see them run. Oh well, maybe next time.

mogallo
05-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Hahahahahh that sounds like a fun bet!!! But that means i'd have to take my car to the track!!! How about the first one to trap over 120mph??? :) We could also bet on a zero-160 mph run :) ( 0 for you and the 160 is for me, that way, its fair!!!)

As for writing EVOS OWN ME on my car.... ill do that just for the hell of it!!!! Hell, ill even do it when i take it to the track :OP Above the word "EVOS" ill put "Batlground's" :lmfao: :D

mogallo
05-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Glad that you enjoyed the car. I had a good time getting my ass stomped by that 800hp supra. :D Marc and I were talking about how fast that car was. he left us like we were driving 4 cly..... well you get the idea. I would love to see what yours will do when you get it back. Btw, why didn't any of the evo or sti guys want to run. :confused: It was all in good fun, I just wanted to see them run. Oh well, maybe next time.

Yeah, our runs will be a little closer than the ones last night!!!

From what i gather.....

1) Evo's only want to run you at the TRACK....

2) The STI knew he couldnt hang.... he'll be ready with his new setup shortly, and we can ALL do some good runs!!!!

3) Clark is fucking cool as hell!!!! Thanks for comming out last night!!!! And most of all, Thanks for the ride in the Supra!!!! NOTHING COMPARES...... and it cured my MkIV illness that ive been having for the past 7 weeks!!!!

We'll all get together again Soon!!!!! And im sure the Z06 will be in the mix!!! :bigok:

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, our runs will be a little closer than the ones last night!!!

From what i gather.....

1) Evo's only want to run you at the TRACK....

2) The STI knew he couldnt hang.... he'll be ready with his new setup shortly, and we can ALL do some good runs!!!!

3) Clark is fucking cool as hell!!!! Thanks for comming out last night!!!! And most of all, Thanks for the ride in the Supra!!!! NOTHING COMPARES...... and it cured my MkIV illness that ive been having for the past 7 weeks!!!!

We'll all get together again Soon!!!!! And im sure the Z06 will be in the mix!!! :bigok:

hahaha, some people in evo's don't want to lose their license for going 140 and street racing. :tongue: i did my time, rather would keep it legal. ;) plus then you have a clear cut winner. the time slip doesn't lie or make excuses.

iloveboost
05-22-2005, 11:36 PM
It was crazy seeing so many insanely fast cars in one spot, hanging out, talking to each other, and seeing what each other's cars can do.

We'll need to plan some more get togethers like that one.

mogallo
05-22-2005, 11:41 PM
hahaha, some people in evo's don't want to lose their license for going 140 and street racing. :tongue: i did my time, rather would keep it legal. ;) plus then you have a clear cut winner. the time slip doesn't lie or make excuses.

Video Cameras dont lie or make excuses either!!!! :crazy: :D

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Video Cameras dont lie or make excuses either!!!! :crazy: :D

Neither does Fulton County PD. :tongue:

mogallo
05-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Neither does Fulton County PD. :tongue:

Thats why you go outside the perimeter on 85N :D

I dont know where you have been for the past 20 years but YES.... FCPD DOES LIE!!!! :rant:

I dont know if you know or not.... but I got arrested for doing 135 in a 55 and street racing before Val, and accused of hitting speeds in excess of 150mph.... im innocent!!!! I SWEAR!!!!

Dragonfly5338
05-23-2005, 12:22 AM
LOL, not good man. I spent my night in Clayton County jail. Then again in Newton, KS while visiting my grandparents, hahahaa. That one went over real well. . :hanged:

mogallo
05-23-2005, 08:34 AM
WOW!!! They arrested A GIRL???? Never hearda that one before!!!!! How long did they suspend you for??

chnco
05-23-2005, 10:28 AM

Larry is not "old school", unless you are referring to older as age. I do like how people automatically group him as "old school" since he hung out with Ivy.

Tracy
05-23-2005, 11:22 AM
CHNCO,
Aren't you more old school than the guys mentioned. If I'm wrong correct me, but didn't you have a single before most of those guys? (I think besides Chris Kinard).

sweetcarz02
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Allen is my boy toy :p

WINDSOR
05-23-2005, 05:03 PM
It was crazy seeing so many insanely fast cars in one spot, hanging out, talking to each other, and seeing what each other's cars can do.

We'll need to plan some more get togethers like that one.

where was this at?

Tracer
05-23-2005, 05:21 PM
where was this at?

Well, we have secret meets ever month. We don't put it on any forums or anything like that. (to keep the ricers out) But mostly its in the Atlanta area. If you want....I can let you know when the next one is. We would be happy to have you.(I being serious)

We had 3 really fast and powerful Mustangs at this last meet. And yeah some imports. Its a friendly meet. No bigheads and trash talkers.....just a bunch of friends that like to look and talk about cars. So if you're interested in getting together with us just let us know. But you got to promise to be nice.

WINDSOR
05-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Well, we have secret meets ever month. We don't put it on any forums or anything like that. (to keep the ricers out) But mostly its in the Atlanta area. If you want....I can let you know when the next one is. We would be happy to have you.(I being serious)

We had 3 really fast and powerful Mustangs at this last meet. And yeah some imports. Its a friendly meet. No bigheads and trash talkers.....just a bunch of friends that like to look and talk about cars. So if you're interested in getting together with us just let us know. But you got to promise to be nice.

Ahh ok. I'm not a real bighead or trash talker in person...just like to have a little fun on the internet sometimes. Let me know when the next one is and i'll see if i can make it with the turbo fox body.

What kind of mustangs were there? 03 cobras?

Tracer
05-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Well the guy THRUST that posts on here sometimes......He was there with his car. Mostly 03 Cobra's heavy modded. Supercharged Mustangs.......Also we had Clark's really fast Supra there. Some other cars too but to many to list.

But, I'll let you know the next one.

WINDSOR
05-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Well the guy THRUST that posts on here sometimes......He was there with his car. Mostly 03 Cobra's heavy modded. Supercharged Mustangs.......Also we had Clark's really fast Supra there. Some other cars too but to many to list.

But, I'll let you know the next one.

what was the fastest cobra there? any ones with kenne belles on them or just mostly stock ones? Maybe i can drag Barry with me for the next one to run clarks car :D

RUSH
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Clarks car is fast but Barrys is faster!

Tracer
05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
what was the fastest cobra there? any ones with kenne belles on them or just mostly stock ones? Maybe i can drag Barry with me for the next one to run clarks car :D

I think the fastest cobra had like over 500whp. No they weren't stock Cobra's. Clark's car is insanely fast. I've never seen anything like it in person.
But yeah bring Barry if you want to....we'd love to have him there. Just promise me you want start trash talking and putting people down....cause this is why we don't post up our meets. We only want friendly people there.

WINDSOR
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the fastest cobra had like over 500whp. No they weren't stock Cobra's. Clark's car is insanely fast. I've never seen anything like it in person.
But yeah bring Barry if you want to....we'd love to have him there. Just promise me you want start trash talking and putting people down....cause this is why we don't post up our meets. We only want friendly people there.

no problem man. I know most people think mustang people are assholes/rednecks or whatever but i think i am an exception..you can ask anyone on here that knows me personally. hell,most rednecks don't even know what a turbo is. :D

WINDSOR
05-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Clarks car is fast but Barrys is faster!

I'd like to see a highway race between those 2 cars. Barry has trapped higher then Clark but i think the supra would win past 150 mph due to aerodynamics. His supra with those black wheels is one of the shapest looking cars i've seen around.

Rush,is your car done yet? I want to see what that Master Power GT45 will do! No more playing around with 13 psi!

Tracer
05-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah that is true about most rednecks about turbos. LOL
People think I'm an asshole on here but, once you meet me I'm a likeable guy.

RUSH
05-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd like to see a highway race between those 2 cars. Barry has trapped higher then Clark but i think the supra would win past 150 mph due to aerodynamics. His supra with those black wheels is one of the shapest looking cars i've seen around.

They were balancing the drive shaft today, Dave was trying to tune the map but the vibration in the DR was throwing the computer in a loop! Yeah Im ready to see some HP's and not the dyno queen Hp's either ;) We are gonna set it at like 18-19psi(low boost,pump) for everyday use, and then 27-30psi(c16) for the track! maybe sometime this week I can have my car!

If barry and Clark raced on the Hwy from like a 40 roll, I would have to say that Clark would have a very nice lead under 120mph on..IMO!!

mogallo
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
They need to race.... Clark seems to think Barry's car is faster...

Windsor, the secret meets that Jason is talking about got started by a few of my buddies....

-The fastest stang there is Marc, Thrust's cousin: ported blower, modded 04 Cobra.... 516whp pump.... soon to be KB, THRUST was second with 454whp
-The fastest Supra there was Clark 804whp... but it just really depends on who shows up for that one.
-Fastest Corvette there was 02 Z06 .... 370whp most of the time.... but he has a big RED BUTTON.
-Fastest Hondas there were 350whp Accord or something and then Daniels Integra.
-Fastest Truck.... Modded Ford lightning..... 450 lb/ft tq.
-Fastest 4 door.... Charles' Evo, followed by JasonSti's STI, and finally an LS2 GTO.

a bunch of other cars showed up too..... 350z, 300zxTT, ect ect.....

The meets are a hella fun.... we get together for a little bit.... talk and what not.... might go get some food.... then go drive and do runs.... take videos, ect....

Let one of us know if you want to join in... we'd love to have you and Barry come out!!!!

All cars are welcome.... but we prefer fast ones :D and the shit will be beaten out of people who do stupid stuff in parking lots, weave in and out of traffic, ect .... WE'RE NOT ABOUT BEING STUPID.

RUSH
05-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey I would like to check this lil meet out also! I have a few guys pushing some good horsepower to :D
You want a skyline to, cause we'll bring one with us also!

mogallo
05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey I would like to check this lil meet out also! I have a few guys pushing some good horsepower to :D
You want a skyline to, cause we'll bring one with us also!

Come on out man!!! Shoot me a PM or AIM me at BrainPhried.

Check your UserCP on SF man.... +1 for you ;) Hit me back if you want!!!

RUSH
05-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Pm sent!

mogallo
05-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Same to you....

iloveboost
05-24-2005, 12:10 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going...

RUSH
05-24-2005, 12:14 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going...

Yeah pretty funny, but remember, it had Supra & Mustang in the title, so you know what always happens!

mogallo
05-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Supra wins.... HANDS DOWN!!!!! :D

Thrust
05-24-2005, 03:02 AM
I might be able to get some faster cars to come out with me the next time that we meet up. I have a friend at work with a 700+ hp 98 cobra. He might be intrested in Clark's supra. I also have a couple of guys with liter bikes if anyone is intrested.

RUSH
05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Id like to check that 700hp Cobra out!

mogallo
05-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, we need to bring out the bikes for Clark to Play with!!!! That would be a cool addition to the meet!!! BIKES!!!

Dragonfly5338
05-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Val <3s Clark. :) :) :)

tony
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
They need to race.... Clark seems to think Barry's car is faster...

Windsor, the secret meets that Jason is talking about got started by a few of my buddies....

-The fastest stang there is Marc, Thrust's cousin: ported blower, modded 04 Cobra.... 516whp pump.... soon to be KB, THRUST was second with 454whp
-The fastest Supra there was Clark 804whp... but it just really depends on who shows up for that one.
-Fastest Corvette there was 02 Z06 .... 370whp most of the time.... but he has a big RED BUTTON.
-Fastest Hondas there were 350whp Accord or something and then Daniels Integra.
-Fastest Truck.... Modded Ford lightning..... 450 lb/ft tq.
-Fastest 4 door.... Charles' Evo, followed by JasonSti's STI, and finally an LS2 GTO.

a bunch of other cars showed up too..... 350z, 300zxTT, ect ect.....

The meets are a hella fun.... we get together for a little bit.... talk and what not.... might go get some food.... then go drive and do runs.... take videos, ect....

Let one of us know if you want to join in... we'd love to have you and Barry come out!!!!

All cars are welcome.... but we prefer fast ones :D and the shit will be beaten out of people who do stupid stuff in parking lots, weave in and out of traffic, ect .... WE'RE NOT ABOUT BEING STUPID.

I'm interested in the meets, I have a twin turbo'd G35 and would love to check this out.

mogallo
05-24-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm interested in the meets, I have a twin turbo'd G35 and would love to check this out.

Shoot me a PM, Tony!!! :goodjob:

mogallo
05-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Congratulations guys!!! This is, by far, the biggest thread on the Kills forum!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

RUSH
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
ummm, I get to race a Viper, in a week or so for 2grand!

Thrust
05-25-2005, 02:47 AM

That sounds like fun. I would love to see what your car can do.
As far as my friend with the 700+hp 98 cobra, He said that his car won't be ready until july. He is very intrested in meeting up and running with Clark once his car is ready.

mogallo
05-25-2005, 07:04 AM
ummm, I get to race a Viper, in a week or so for 2grand!

Damn that sounds like much fun!!!!! Gluck with that and post videos!!!! My brother's next door neighbor just sold his 10 sec Rx-7 and is getting a Viper.... so ill get to do some runs with one too soon!!!! Not for 2k though!!!

tony
05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
That sounds like fun. I would love to see what your car can do.
As far as my friend with the 700+hp 98 cobra, He said that his car won't be ready until july. He is very intrested in meeting up and running with Clark once his car is ready.

I'm curious as to what the car can do too, I just got everything installed and hoping for around 400whp which doesn't sound like much compared to what else is out there but I kept the stock 10.3 to 1 compression ratio so lag wont be too much of a problem.

Nothing against Mustang owners because I know not all are the same and I'm a huge fan of cobras but I seem to run into the jackasses of the bunch. I couldn't really compete in stock form, so hopefully I'll be able to suprise a few now.

Thrust
05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Most of us are pretty cool, as you will soon see. Its just that there are a few that kind of spoil it for everyone else. I will admit that I am not a big fan of imports, But most import guys with money in their cars will run, and I love seeing fast cars run. It is difficult for me to find people that are willing race, so finding poeple with strong running cars be it import or american is always a plus.

Tracer
05-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Thrust....I promise you I'll race you soon. I really had a good time last weekend. You guys are really cool. No egos and that's what I like.

RUSH
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
My car is slow!

Does that get me in?!?

mogallo
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM
My car is slow!

Does that get me in?!?

Hell NO GET OUT!!!!

j/k :D