PDA

View Full Version : Misc free dogs to good home

punkr6
07-09-2006, 02:20 AM
the dogs are gone

Twinturbo6
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
They are both really cute dogs. which one is which?

kittychick
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
they are very cute doggies- you should post them on petfinder.com
also might want to try hanging out at your local petsmart or petco on a Saturday see if anyone wants to adopt them

every weekend charity groups have adoptions, just tag along :)

dz N.U.T.Z.
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
what kinda dogs are they, do they have shots, and ect...

4dmin
07-11-2006, 01:20 PM
^ bump for the cute dogs

The Golden Child
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
so u adopted 2 dogs knowing you had 2 already so now ur getting rid of it ..
seriously thats the most dumbest shit i have heard in my life ..

Killer
07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
what type are they... the red resembles a pitt?? give us some more info.

kittychick
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
This is a perfect example of why she took the two dogs in... b/c sometimes you have to help an animal out- even if you can only do it for a period of time.

I commend people that step in to help out animals- again, good luck on finding them a home. ;)

off pets group on craigslist:

People are Cruel and Stupid and some should be shot!

Reply to: [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=People%20are%20Cr uel%20and%20Stupid%20and%20some%20should%20be%20sh ot%21)
Date: 2006-07-10, 12:21PM EDT

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people! On July 3 we went to a do it your self carwash on hwy 124 and Pleasant Hill Rd. We had a minor tire incident that required us to change the tire. On a large 4x4 F250 truck with a huge aftermarket hitch this takes a bit. Anyhoo... I took my puppy out of his crate in the cab to go potty in the bushes next to the carwash. He looked up and barked at the wall. When I looked up there was the most pathetic looking OLD (ancient really) golden retriever I have ever seen. He was tied to a bush in the direct sunlight with food and water about a foot out of his reach. (It was over a hundred degrees in the sunlight according to the gauge on our truck.) I was appalled. Being a vet tech myself I quickly put my pup back in the air conditioned truck and took our slip lead and approached the old man carefully. I pushed his water closer with my foot and he would not touch it. He (as I later found out)would not even move his head just his eyes. I called DEKALB COUNTY animal control and told them this animal was in SEVERE DISTRESS and their response was "Oh it will take us an hr or so to get there. Can you give us directions??" THIS IS THEIR COUNTY NOT MINE I live in Newton. I was beyond pissed. I asked if they were going to take the dog to the vet (there was one less than a mile up the road) for treatment and they said no if he was that bad off and since he was abandoned they would probably put him down. We would not let this happen. NO we did not need another dog especially not a special needs dog. (We have 11 horses and live in the country where people DUMP dogs on us all the time.) I told her never mind I would take him and hung up. I went up to him and pet him and he licked my hand. I got a leash around his neck and he could not even stand. We ended up picking him up and carrying him to our truck (fleas and all Yuck) We drove to a gas station and got water and powerade and gave him some (force fed) then Rushed home and into our house and a cool bath per my boss' (the vet I work for) instructions. We gave him something for fleas and by the time we finnished bathing him 5 times and getting him cooled down and flea free he was wagging his tail and licking us. He is now at home with us. barely tolerating our puppies. (they have learned to leave him alone) He has severe hip displasia, thyroid indeficiancies, underweight, a hematoma in one ear, ear infections in both ears, a massive skin infection, neurological problems with his back legs, Severe arthritis in his right shoulder, and is on 2 antibiotics, thyroid pills, anti inflamitories for the arthritis, ear meds and has his ear taped to his head after surgery BUT despite all of that he is Happy and very spoiled. He sleeps on a pillow in the bedroom (or the clothes from the hamper if he pulls them out) he does not go outside unless he wants to go potty, he gets loved on and kisses and has the great name of Geezer (short for old Geezer) He is now updated on vaccinations and amazingly heartworm negative we immediately started him on preventative. NO we did not need another dog with 2 new cattle dog puppies (herding dog puppies are holy terrors) but we were not going to just abandon this sweet old man because he was old and decrepit. If we could find the person that did this to him I would love to tie them to a tree with no food or water in hundred degree weather! We loved one of the responses to this vent that suggested we find a light industrial complex with gooey tar roofs and tie the previous owner with gatorade a foot out of his reach and drive off!! Thanks Brian!!!! We Whole Heartedly agree. If anyone knows anything about who did this to Geezer please feel free to email me. I will not use your name at all in going after the person responsible. If anyone wants to see pics of this handsome man I would be happy to send them. God Bless!!

this is in or around Lithonia

punkr6
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
so u adopted 2 dogs knowing you had 2 already so now ur getting rid of it ..
seriously thats the most dumbest shit i have heard in my life ..
this is a perfect example of an idiot^^^^
i found these abondoned and starveing with no water in the hot sun covered with tics,i brought them home and feed and cleaned them up in order to give them a chance with a new owner.if your not intrested in getting them please mind your own business.find yourself something productive to do retard,its people like you that do nothing to help out but are so quick to pass judgment on others.you my friend are an IDIOT.......

The Golden Child
07-11-2006, 06:04 PM
1st you never stated you found them it clearly says you rescued which obviously i took it as you went and adopted it ..
i will retract my statement now knowing full details ..
obviously if you made things more clear im sure i would of not had made that statement i had made ..

Z33_kid
07-17-2006, 09:39 PM
nice doggy scare those kittens :goodjob:

ctzfinest18
07-17-2006, 09:50 PM
yo bump my dude good man i got pitts may be intrested om me all the info u got on em

2.0civic
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM
which dog is it?? im looking for a new dog to adopt but need more info. LMK and i might be able to pick one up for you

Wurm
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
which dog is it?? im looking for a new dog to adopt but need more info. LMK and i might be able to pick one up for you
you dont like dogs unless the black :lmfao:

2.0civic
07-17-2006, 10:18 PM
i know. lirl, but seriously, me and my girl are looking for a puppy so i would be more than happy to get one off you