PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods my accord needs new brakes!

PRiMAdonna
07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
i have a '98 accord sedan...needs new rotors on the front (they are warped) and new pads on front/back...
would you recommend all OEM parts or could i go w/ after-market pads/rotors?
OEM parts are MUCH more expensive but i have heard they will make a big difference...

Five*Star*
07-10-2006, 09:09 AM
It really won't matter. The rotors you get at Autozone are cheap and work just fine, even for guys that race at the track. Also, if you get some decent pads from Advance, Autozone, etc. and they are installed properly, then they will work just fine also. You can even get some Performance Friction brake pads from Autozone if they are in stock. I may be installing some on a prelude later today. Those pads run about $40 and perform awesome!

buffdaddy18
07-10-2006, 12:17 PM
the pads and rotors they sell at advanced auto are pretty good. I put them on my cougar when I had that car, they had good stopping power, and lasted a while. i'd just stick with those

down_shift
07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
OE rotors/calipers with better pads and brake fluid should be good for the street.

4doortypels
07-19-2006, 02:56 AM
It really won't matter. The rotors you get at Autozone are cheap and work just fine, even for guys that race at the track. Also, if you get some decent pads from Advance, Autozone, etc. and they are installed properly, then they will work just fine also. You can even get some Performance Friction brake pads from Autozone if they are in stock. I may be installing some on a prelude later today. Those pads run about $40 and perform awesome!

i agree with him... all about the same shit... i have done a few brake jobs in the last few days... i got all the shit at autozone

speedminded
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
majority of all the house parts stores rotors are brembo blanks, if you think about it...how many patents can there possibly be for a metal disc with some holes in it :tongue:

If you change the rotors you'll probably want to pick up some spare rotor screws too.

Are they so warped they can't be turned?