PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT SHOP AT HH GREGG!!!!!!!!! (Cliff Notes Included)

Bruce Leroy
07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Today marks the 46th day that i have been without a radio in my car because of HH Greggs crappy customer service.

Lets start from the beginning.
- I bought my head unit in sept, 2003 from HH Gregg in Fayetteville. I got great service, a great price, and i even got free installation and parts. The radio came with a three year warranty (Which states that i will get a new radio if mine breaks) which ends this sept.

-Late 2005 my radio started acting up. The face would not go down in order to put the CD in, even tho the motor would still spin. At first it was only every once and a while. If i pushed the button a few times, the face would come down. The problem went away around march, but came back the beginning of may Even worse than it was before.

-On monday May 22. I went to hh gregg to see what can be done about my radio. I talked to a girl (the manager was standing right next to her, listening to our conversation) who said that i should bring the radio in and they will send it out and I will have it back in TWO WEEKS. I was fine with that, I dropped it off, and waited for their call.

-Monday June 5th- After i had not heard anything form them for two weeks, I decided to go in and see what the status of my repair was. I talked to the same girl who I had spoken with before. She looked it up in the computer and my radio was still a "new arrival" a.k.a "we havent touched your shit yet" I was mad, but i didn't blow up. She said that it should be done in a WEEK at the most. I got the 1-800 number for hh gregg customer service to figure out what the hold up was. I called the number and spoke with an operator who told me that there was NO RECORD of my head unit ever coming to them!! :rly: WTF!! She connects me to the place that my head unit has been sent to for repairs and they tell me the SAME THING!! I called HH Gregg and asked to speak with the manager. After i tell him my story he says that he'll figure out the problem and call me back. He finally calls 4 hours later and gives me another number to call. I call it and they haven't seen my radio either. I GO to hh gregg, right before they close and talk to the manager again. He calls someone and gives me another number to call and then tells me "i wish i could help you but i'm too busy to make phone calls all day". I almost punched him in his mouth when he said that.

-Tuesday June 6th- I call the 3rd number (Norman Electronics) and they DO have my radio. They say its still being looked at and that it should be fixed soon. I wait.

-Wed June 14th- I call them back and they tell me that are waiting for hh gregg to figure out if they want to pay for the part to fix the radio. Ok at least its progress

-Monday June 19th- I call Norman electronics again, and they tell me that hh gregg did not want to pay for the part, and my radio is going to be scrap. Cool now i can get my new one TODAY. I went to HH Gregg and the girl tells me that she needs the old radio in order to do the exchange. I wanted to talk to the manager but he was not there. But i figured that since Norman Electronics is in atlanta it would be there by friday. WRONG!!

-Monday July 3rd- I was out of town/ figuring out more important things, so I was not too worried about the radio. I call HH GRegg to see if they had my radio in. Nope. So I called Norman Electronics. After being on hold for 5 min they finally tell me that they sent it out THE DAY BEFORE!! TWO MUTHAFUCKIN WEEKS AFTER THEY SAID IT WAS SCRAP!! :rant: I cussed out the guy on the phone, and tried to enjoy my vacation.

-Friday July 7th- I called HH Gregg to see if they had my radio. The guy I talked to said that he COULD NOT FIND ME IN THE SYSTEM!! (this was at 3:00) And that the manager would call me back asap. I called the HH Gregg customer service people and chomped them off. Then I called the HH Gregg Distribution center. I asked if they could tell me that status of my radio, the lady said hold on. Then she tries to cover up the phone and talk to her co-worker on the low. "What should I do?........... I'm getting tired of all these people calling here, they need to call the other place (Norman Electronics), I'll just give him that number" She gets back on the phone and before she could say anything, I was going off :cussing: . I wanted to reach through the phone and choke her till her eyes popped out of her head. :cussing: :cussing:
-The manager didn't call me back today. SO tomorrow i will be paying them a visit As soon AS i get off work. And I won't be the same nice customer I've been. Its time for the nigga to show his ass.

So NEVER SHOP AT HH GREGG!!! EVER!!!!!

I did make some mistakes tho:
- I didn't do any research about their warrant service before i took my radio. If you google HH Gregg the 2nd site to pop up is RipOffReport.com (http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=hh+gregg&Search=Search)
There are hundreds of people in the same situation as me.
- I shouldn't have believed that i would have my radio back in two weeks. All of my other warranty experience has been with best buy and they don't ask questions. They just gave me a new product, on three occasions. I guess I was Spoiled.
-I should have acted a fool form day one, maybe they would have taken me seriously, Instead of thinking i was a kid that they could give the runaround too.

Cliff NOtes
- I Bought a radio from hh gregg, with a warranty
- It broke
- They have been giving me the runaround for 46 days
- There are 100's of people in my same situation
- I'm gonna show my ass when i go in there tomorrow

This was just a rant, since i'm sitting at home on a friday night.

BTLFED
07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
That sucks, but FYI, on this forum they are known as BTLFED Notes. ;) :lmfao:

You will never catch me setting foot in that store.

collins
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
*disclaimer: yes, i currently am employed with hhgregg, however i do not give a rats ass what you think about the company as i am handing my resignation to them on monday. with that in mind:

a couple things
-with a warranty service, it WILL take more than 2 weeks, ESPECIALLY if it has to be sent out. if its in home, then maybe not, but on a mail in service peice, yes. that was her bad for telling you that. that was YOUR bad for not using common sense and questioning that part.
-the fayettville store sucks. they never meet budget, and tehy probablyjsut have their heads up their asses.
-managers as a whole, do not have time to sit around all day and call your ass back... they've got many things goin on, so you may or may not be their #1 priority, esp with something as small as a simple car radio.
-shit happens. i'll prolly never shop there after i leave either. i just dont likethe way they run things. and the regional manager can SUCK MY LEFT NUT!

Bruce Leroy
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I should have been more specific, It was at the alpharetta store. And I know that managers don't have the time to call me back, but he should have given me the correct info in the first place, then I wouldn't be bothering him. And when he heard the girl telling me that i would have it back in two weeks, he should have told me otherwise. Cuz i would have just bought a new radio. And they would have saved them some money.

collins
07-07-2006, 09:08 PM
alpharetta? LOL wow, dont hear of that one much, they're #3 in the region right now... but yes, you're correct, she should never have said that.

RandomGuy
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
fuck retail lol..

Fuck best buy and all retail stores... fuck the legal route... what i did when my cd player broke, is bought another one, swapped the serial number stickers and returned it ... shit thats called a ghetto warranty... lol i stopped taht shit but still it gets the job done... I did that shit after being fed up with their "we dont cover that" bullshit.

carrascopa
07-07-2006, 09:27 PM
hmmm??? I know Mr Greg personally, would u like me to have him give u a call? He is one of my clients

RandomGuy
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
hmmm??? I know Mr Greg personally, would u like me to have him give u a call? He is one of my clients
you're jokin right

collins
07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL go ahead, since his name isnt greg ;)

edit... i take tha tback, one of them's name is greg. do you deal with jerry too? how bout george? Mr. T?

collins
07-07-2006, 09:51 PM
oh, and i forgot to mention, larry, ernest, ted, mike, mike, and mike. hmmm, oh yeah, and paul too. cant forget about steve! or hell, jason either, for that matter!

Julio
07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Im surprised that place is still in business.

GirlieZ
07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
damn did alex just lie? :O

B16a2 Civic
07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
damn son, any news as of yet?

Bruce Leroy
07-10-2006, 10:21 AM
sorry.. I went in ther on sat after work. And got me a new head unit. At first they werent going to give me one, so I started telling people that were looking to buy, how they had screwed me, and i told them about ripoffreport.com. That got me a new radio real quick.

But i still won't step foot in that store ever again.

collins
07-10-2006, 03:06 PM
ME EITHER!!!

after i get my paycheck!

RandomGuy
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
ME EITHER!!!

after i get my paycheck!
a certain someone on here told me how you love getting there on time when you were supposed to work.

GirlieZ
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
*collins on justine's comp...*

bitch, where you gettin yo info from? i hate that place. the sales and general managers were cool but thats it! das why i'm switchin jobs

RandomGuy
07-10-2006, 09:51 PM
*collins on justine's comp...*

bitch, where you gettin yo info from? i hate that place. the sales and general managers were cool but thats it! das why i'm switchin jobs
not from my source I'll just wait til he posts up. I think you helped him with a sale? He's like you were super sprung over HHgreg and all enthusiastic about it and shit... Maybe its diff now, this was a short while ago