PDA

View Full Version : open header on a prelude

admedlin
07-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah thats right, kinda. I have an exhaust leak in the flex pipe of my header on my '97 prelude. I decided to make a sound clip of it before I get a new header put on in the morning. **WARNING!! Turn down the volume on your computer**

http://media.putfile.com/open-header

Basically the hole is so big in the flex pipe that you can't feel anything coming out of the muffler. So this is just raw "big block honda" power http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif . Its been getting worse every week, so I finally bought a new DC Sport ceramic header to replace it. Last week I was driving under a bridge where I live, there just happened to be a guy riding a bike on the road. I was in 4th gear going about 45, then dropped to 2nd. I scared this dude so bad he actually fell off his bike! I'm gonna miss that....

I'll get another clip after I get the new header on and show how quiet my exhaust is supposed to be.

buffdaddy18
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao:

2.0civic
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
god damn that was loud

The Yousef
07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
i heard you hit veetak...i'm proud of you my son

admedlin
07-07-2006, 11:51 AM
wow I forgot how quiet my exhaust is supposed to be! I just got it back from the shop, this thing is so quiet you can hardly hear it with the windows down and radio off! I still have a little backfiring though so that's kinda cool :)

admedlin
07-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I wish I still had that loud veetak though

Dominic49
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
straight pipes FTW

Elbow
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Lol damn, I got a straight exhaust on my 240, there was a road block today the cop was not very happy... :(

HolyMother
07-08-2006, 02:48 AM
nothing beats the sound of my vtec kicking in my VH45DETT

crx88ef8
07-09-2006, 04:31 AM
damn that thing was LOUD!!!!!!

Dominic49
07-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Lol damn, I got a straight exhaust on my 240, there was a road block today the cop was not very happy... :(

did you get a ticket and if so how much? my muffler is just chopped at the moment getting ready for the full on custom straight pipes...

§treet_§peed
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
lol i roed around for one day with just my racung headers on my civic... made it sound like a drag car...also when i first got my cvar i put a muffler on it for time being caus i couldn't afford an exhaust yet. any ways, i bought a set of cheap heaers and some fle pipe. put the flew pipe on to attach my Ractive muffler, put the headers on fucked up the headers due to a soft engine mount. any ways, i had an exhaust leak so bad that my car would spitflames pretty much when ever i reved it or geared it down hard, or switched a high rpms. lol i miss my flame spitting days though....but now i have all that shit fixed with new headers full racing exhaust....:d