PDA

View Full Version : help me please!!

dBlockinc
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
i have a 99.5 jetta vr6 that i need to replace the mirrors. some one please give advice on how to get the door panel off so i can take the tweeter out to get to the screws for the mirrors

thanks

4dmin
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
do you even have to take the whole door panel off? i thought the tweeters were up towards the pillar? figure you can just take that off.

dBlockinc
07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
the tweeters cover the screws, but i found the screws for the door panel.
thanks for responding

supervw
07-17-2006, 10:52 PM
First take off the trim panel on the handle if on the ps it is in the center of the pull handle if on the ds it is on the back of the pull handle where your fingers wrap around then then (only on the ds) pull the switch plate for the window switch up it is held on by small clips that release pretty easy then take the phillips head screws out. on the bottom of the panel there are 3 t20 torx head screws take them out then there is a small phillips head screw on the top inside of the panel kinda near the upper door hinge look closely you will find it, there are plastic clips that hold the panel to the door use a flat blade screw driver and pop them out all around the door they normally come out easy. the door panel will pull off if you lift up to get it off the upper window track seal. undo all the plugs and the door handle release cable then the panel can be moved out of the way then all you need to do is undo the t 20 torx and the small plastic T shaped clip holding in the tweeter and move the insulation foam and you will see the t45 or t50 torx head bolt holding the mirror housing in place take it out and route the wires if electric or the cables if manual thru the hole in the door.not too tough should only take about 15 min. or so to get it out and back in. Good luck.