PDA

View Full Version : $21.5 Million - %45

Truegiant
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I got this letter in my email!!! I am not sure that it is illegal/bullshit and I dont know how many people he sent it to. Interesting huh. Post your opinion!

*** EMAIL ***

Dear WEBB,

I am Mr MORRIS OGIRI, I am the Manager in the Department of Accounts Division, Assurance Bank Nigeria Limited, Lagos-Nigeria. On December 30th 2002, one of our high profile patrons Mr. Andrew Webb made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit, for twelve calendar months in my Bank branch. Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers he was aboard the, Boeing 727 Beirut-bound charter Jet which crashed on takeoff on December 26th 2003, see the below link for more news about the air crash:

www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/

After further enquiry, it was discovered that he died without making a WILL and all attempts to trace his next of kin proved futile. On further inquisition, it was discovered that Late Mr. Andrew did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork here at the Bank. The total sum is US$21.5M still in my bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it. In accordance with our Federal banking Laws and Constitution, the money will revert to the ownership of the Government if nobody applies as the next of Kin to claim the funds.

Consequently, I shall present you as a foreigner to stand in, as the next of kin to this gentleman, since you have same last name with the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you, for us to share. Upon acceptance of this proposal, I shall give you detailed information on how this deal would be carried out. We shall also employ the services of an advocate for the drafting of the letter of probate in your favor, and to obtain all other relevant papers in your name for the necessary documentation for payment endorsement in my bank.

The money will be shared in the ratio: 50% for me, 45% for you and 5% for any arising contingencies during the course of this transaction. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law or any legal plight, as I will use my position in the bank to secure approvals and guarantee the successful execution of this transaction.
Please be informed that your extreme discretion is required. If this interests you, please reply me directly by email and indicate your full name, your address, year of birth, your contact telephone and fax numbers respectively. Upon receipt of your response, I will draft an Application letter you will send officially to my Bank for payment approval in your favor. Feel free to call me on my cell phone: +234-80504-02220if you need further information in the light of the above.

I await your timely and positive reply.
Thanks.
Best regards,
MR MORRIS OGIRI

Sirk
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Bwahahahahhahahaha

Truegiant
07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
RANDOM HUH!!! sounds nice though! 10 mill for showing up to a funeral as a "relative"

SniperJoe
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I think you should take them up on it.

:rolleyes:

The Ninja
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
fuck it.

Sibious
07-06-2006, 10:43 PM
skaetchy

civic95
07-07-2006, 07:04 AM
SCAM. go ahead, and ask him to send the application. I want to see if you give him your bank account info.

Halfwit
07-07-2006, 07:11 AM
NO ITS NOT A SCAM,

GIVE HIM:
1: BANK ACCOUNT INFO
2: SS#
3: D.O.B.
4: ADDRESS

THEIR GONNA SEND U LOTS OF MONEYS.

SwurvinIn
07-07-2006, 07:31 AM
i dont know man...it seems scetch but they didnt ask for any info they can use....i dunno...e-mail dude back and see what the application thing looks like....maybe its ligit?

AudiGirlTT
07-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Its on the internet it must be real! :D give the number a call see who answers hehe...

{X}Echo419
07-07-2006, 09:23 AM
NO ITS NOT A SCAM,

GIVE HIM:
1: BANK ACCOUNT INFO
2: SS#
3: D.O.B.
4: ADDRESS

THEIR GONNA SEND U LOTS OF MONEYS.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

2.0civic
07-07-2006, 09:28 AM
lol, if i was entitled to $20 million, i wouldnt be shelling out 50% to any fucktard...that is a good looking one though. wonder how many people sent info..

buffdaddy18
07-07-2006, 09:51 AM
*67 and call the number, so at least they won't be able to call you back. lol

Truegiant
07-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I am not going to give this guy ish! I thought it was kind of interesting though!

Decker1.8t
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
There are like 20 versions of this that use different names and situations. I've gotten quite a few. It's all BS (obviously).

MachNU
07-07-2006, 03:31 PM
lol its a scam....if those where real i would be a fucking loaded. In the last year i have gotten bout 30 or so of those things each claiming they come from Africa. Shit i had one offering me up to 32million. Thre scams, they jsut want to get you peaked then get all your information!

JoeCoolinATL
07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
god
i need to start doing this.
so many stupid fucking people who fall for this shit.