07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
techno makes me nod my head.

Wurm
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM
haha rob i know u know the difference

Korupshun SXE10
07-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the link.

I found it pretty humorous and informative.

I used to just say I spun Trance & Breaks. It helped me to identify some of the music I spin. Which I broke down to.. Funky Breaks, Florida Breaks, Epic Trance, Progressive Trance, Disco House, Epic House.

The author is pretty biased to jungle though, but he knows his stuff.

BTLFED
07-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Here is you a damn guide on electronica

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Praise the lord there are other people on here that know the difference. :goodjob:

Check you rep.

BTLFED
07-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the link.

I found it pretty humorous and informative.

I used to just say I spun Trance & Breaks. It helped me to identify some of the music I spin. Which I broke down to.. Funky Breaks, Florida Breaks, Epic Trance, Progressive Trance, Disco House, Epic House.

The author is pretty biased to jungle though, but he knows his stuff.

I am kinda biased to jungle myself. :D

CHADbee
07-10-2006, 01:44 AM
I am kinda biased to jungle myself. :D
i agree, deep, dark DnB FTW

Flip
07-10-2006, 01:47 AM
hey you know that techno song that goes boom chicka boom chicka boom, and has that girl singing in it?

xaznstylegrlx
07-10-2006, 02:08 AM
hey you know that techno song that goes boom chicka boom chicka boom, and has that girl singing in it?
lmao u crazi mofo

JennB
07-10-2006, 07:03 AM
It's a losing battle. I played DnB for years and I cringe everytime someone said "Oh, you have techno records"... hmm... no, actually I don't. Or "Hey Jenn, I heard this techno song, do you know what its called?"

grrrr

St0lenR
07-10-2006, 08:29 AM
I have techno records.....lets see I have smart e's sesame street bunch of acen ummm dominatrix...OMG alpha team speed racer...But yeah I have a shit load of trance, house and DnB been collecting since 95.

I'm actually trying to get rid some b/c it takes up too much room in my apartment I have the whole dining, living and my sons walls full of records and I have records @ my moms house as well and some in California...Hit me up via pm if interested

JennB
07-10-2006, 08:56 AM
It's "Sesame's Treet"

:goodjob:

That's an old one. I think my head would explode if I heard it now though. Ravin it up in 1992! :tongue:

St0lenR
07-10-2006, 09:53 AM
It's "Sesame's Treet"

:goodjob:

That's an old one. I think my head would explode if I heard it now though. Ravin it up in 1992! :tongue:

OMG "92" was the shit..the classics James brown is dead....2 bad mice Bombscare...4 hero Mr. kirk

I think revive those tracks and make a mix tonight

Bballjamal
07-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Nice site.......+1

Ran
07-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Vocal Trance for me thanks. :goodjob:

Z33_kid
07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
super nice i remmber me first time at a rave scene good ol time's +1

JennB
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
OMG "92" was the shit..the classics James brown is dead....2 bad mice Bombscare...4 hero Mr. kirk

I think revive those tracks and make a mix tonight

Nice! I've been without tables for about 2 years now so no mixes. Still have a good many records though, just no time for it anymore.

I dug up a bunch of my old flyers from 92 and 93 a few months ago when reminiscing with an old friend from the SC scene. Went to all of the Beyond parties in NC, those river warehouse parties that used to go on in Augusta.... all over the place. I was such a cluess kid but damn it was fun.

GTScoob
07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Thats a good site. I'm admittingly dumb about techno, I dont listen to enough of it to tell a difference. Too easy to blow all day playing with this app.

St0lenR
07-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Nice! I've been without tables for about 2 years now so no mixes. Still have a good many records though, just no time for it anymore.

I dug up a bunch of my old flyers from 92 and 93 a few months ago when reminiscing with an old friend from the SC scene. Went to all of the Beyond parties in NC, those river warehouse parties that used to go on in Augusta.... all over the place. I was such a cluess kid but damn it was fun.

Cool....I'm from the bay and I used to go to LA alot when S.F wasn't poppin the last massive I went to was this one http://newyearsevela.com/lastminute.html it was in LA, @ the Olympic coliseum and LA sports arena FUKN OFF DA CHAIN just look at the line up.....you'll go ape shit. I remember passing out in the sports arena bleachers like around 7 in the morning

T.C.
07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
those river warehouse parties that used to go on in Augusta.... all over the place. I was such a cluess kid but damn it was fun.

Those parties were fun. There were some good parties in Augusta.

xaznstylegrlx
07-10-2006, 06:42 PM
i am also clueless as to the different the type of trance.. all that i knoe is some that are all melody and sum have vocals and sum are all about the beat and then there are the remixes?

NAIZBST
07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
bout time someone steps up and sets things straight

DnBmama05
07-10-2006, 09:03 PM
THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD! I have tried so hard to explain to people what the different types of EDM are - ok, obviously I'm a hardcore drum and bass fan from my s/n... but people automatically think OHH you listen to that lame techno shit and give you a weird look. To each his own, but some nasty dark drum and bass makes me wet - it doesn't matter what mood you are in dnb always seems to fit it. There's nothin driving down the road with your windows down bumpin to some dark basslines - Just my 2 cents :)

NAIZBST
07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD! I have tried so hard to explain to people what the different types of EDM are - ok, obviously I'm a hardcore drum and bass fan from my s/n... but people automatically think OHH you listen to that lame techno shit and give you a weird look. To each his own, but some nasty dark drum and bass makes me wet - it doesn't matter what mood you are in dnb always seems to fit it. There's nothin driving down the road with your windows down bumpin to some dark basslines - Just my 2 cents :)

:werd:

BTLFED
07-10-2006, 09:42 PM

I love you.

BTLFED
07-10-2006, 09:43 PM

Your married or I would love you too. ;)

Jungle FTW

GhettoChan
07-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Techno is kinda wack....

Wurm
07-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Techno is kinda wack....
DIAF :2up:

JennB
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I love you.

Aww :boobies:

Do you all that are into DnB ever go out to Transit or any of the other regular club nights?

I'm old and mean and hate ravers so I swore off massives some time at the end of the last century. Actually I may have gone to one Flavor party in NC because it was free about 5 years ago but still. I go to small club nights mostly, the Atlanta locals are good enough for me. I like the darker, techy stuff, the Hospital sound makes me sick (lol). Give me some older Dom or Kemal and I'm a happy girl.

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Aww :boobies:

Do you all that are into DnB ever go out to Transit or any of the other regular club nights?

I'm old and mean and hate ravers so I swore off massives some time at the end of the last century. Actually I may have gone to one Flavor party in NC because it was free about 5 years ago but still. I go to small club nights mostly, the Atlanta locals are good enough for me. I like the darker, techy stuff, the Hospital sound makes me sick (lol). Give me some older Dom or Kemal and I'm a happy girl.

I'm not sure how to take that "I'm old" garbage seeing as we were born the same year. :tongue:

I can't remember the last time I have gone to any clubs or parties. My friend Danny was talking shit to me about how he was going to planet of the drums last time it was here and then ended up not going either LOL.

I can't stand ravers either.

BTEC
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure how to take that "I'm old" garbage seeing as we were born the same year. :tongue:

I can't remember the last time I have gone to any clubs or parties. My friend Danny was talking shit to me about how he was going to planet of the drums last time it was here and then ended up not going either LOL.

U ARE A MASTER HATER AS WELL AS MASTER BATER SO WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT?

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 05:02 PM
U ARE A MASTER HATER AS WELL AS MASTER BATER SO WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT?

Look thug life, you don't know nothin about what we speak.

BTEC
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Look thug life, you don't know nothin about what we speak.
TRUE THAT. HOLLER!! :burnout:

JennB
07-11-2006, 06:08 PM

Most of the POTD crowd is a little mainstream for me. Dieselboy plays good tunes, as does Dara, but the crowd that shows up for those events it not really my thing. I like to be in the smaller clubs, no ravers and lots and lots of vodka.

Maybe I'm just an "old soul".... :yes:

Give me a night of Evol Intent, vodka and a side of rowdiness and I'm happy. Dom is going to be here next week, but I really can't go out on Thursdays... boooo.

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Most of the POTD crowd is a little mainstream for me. Dieselboy plays good tunes, as does Dara, but the crowd that shows up for those events it not really my thing. I like to be in the smaller clubs, no ravers and lots and lots of vodka.

Maybe I'm just an "old soul".... :yes:

Give me a night of Evol Intent, vodka and a side of rowdiness and I'm happy. Dom is going to be here next week, but I really can't go out on Thursdays... boooo.

I agree. That's why I wasn't worried about going myself. In smaller clubs you get more of people who listen to it and enjoy it sober (or drunk..you know what I am referencing by that). I too am to old to be dealing with that shit. My problem is I can't go to places like that alone because it is not as fun to me. Because of that I don't keep up on where anything is going on anymore. Kinda sucks. :(

JennB
07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Yep. I can't deal with fucked up kids. If you're in a pile on the floor all messed up, I'm gonna step on your dumb ass :lmfao: One of the last massives I went to, some kid hit me with a glowstick on a string and I grabbed it out of his hand and threw it.

(I'm actually quite nice, I just hate ravers and crowds)

I keep up with some things just because I know a few people around here and hear about stuff but I really don't know that many since I only moved back to Atl last year. All of the people I hung out with in the 90's are nowhere to be seen. I don't go out much because I don't like to go places alone... especially if I want to have a drink or two.

When I go out, I got for the music of course and fun with friends that are at least somewhat close to my age.

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Yep. I can't deal with fucked up kids. If you're in a pile on the floor all messed up, I'm gonna step on your dumb ass :lmfao: One of the last massives I went to, some kid hit me with a glowstick on a string and I grabbed it out of his hand and threw it.

(I'm actually quite nice, I just hate ravers and crowds)

I keep up with some things just because I know a few people around here and hear about stuff but I really don't know that many since I only moved back to Atl last year. All of the people I hung out with in the 90's are nowhere to be seen. I don't go out much because I don't like to go places alone... especially if I want to have a drink or two.

When I go out, I got for the music of course and fun with friends that are at least somewhat close to my age.

Hahaha! i would have done the same thing LOL! Living in Marietta, I unfortunately only hear about things once in a blue moon. It sucks because I am actually in Atlanta a good bit (I have a couple friends that live in Atlantic station) but we normally go to bars like the Brewhouse and the Local. I am not down for drinking alone either. I see where you are coming from on that.

Wow, you actually seem really cool....for a pirate. :haha: :drink: :D

JennB
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I went to parties up that way a looooong time ago. Phenomenon... I think it was off of Windy Hill or something a couple exits north of there.... and there were a couple of parties on the square in Marietta waaaaaaay back.

I live in Buckhead so it's pretty easy for me to go wherever. But I've never been to either of those bars... I kinda suck :cry:

What's wrong with pirates? Don't tell me you are a nemesis... a ninja

http://chat.carleton.ca/%7Eapurpura/comix/Posted/pirate%20vs%20ninja.jpg

blacknightteg
07-11-2006, 07:24 PM
dnb (either dark or light) and trance are the two that i listen to the most

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
I went to parties up that way a looooong time ago. Phenomenon... I think it was off of Windy Hill or something a couple exits north of there.... and there were a couple of parties on the square in Marietta waaaaaaay back. I live in Buckhead so it's pretty easy for me to go wherever.

I've never been to either of those bars... I kinda suck :cry:

What's wrong with pirates? Don't tell me you are a nemesis... a ninja

http://chat.carleton.ca/%7Eapurpura/comix/Posted/pirate%20vs%20ninja.jpg

Yeah me too. You seem to hear about things more than I do. I am "out of the loop" so to speak. Whoa, I just checked my myspace and there is an event that I was invited to..."the first ever DnB event to UNDERGROUND ATLANTA!!" Now that's weird. :dj:

What bars do you go to? I have been known to go to the Vortex in Midtown too. Actually, I might go to the brewhouse for a couple beers in a few LOL

I'm not a ninja, I'm a mental patient. ;)

DnBmama05
07-11-2006, 07:33 PM
that's what i love about dnb parties... you don't have all of the glowstick bullshit and people blowing eachother up (99% of the time anyway). i wish i could go to transit, but i still have about a year and a half before i'd be able to get in and it sucks that their events are on a thursday. i agree with whoever that said something about a night of evol intent - i try to make it out to the masquerade every time they are there.

blacknightteg
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
how come you dont like the glow stick/photon stuff?

JennB
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah me too. You seem to hear about things more than I do. I am "out of the loop" so to speak. Whoa, I just checked my myspace and there is an event that I was invited to..."the first ever DnB event to UNDERGROUND ATLANTA!!" Now that's weird. :dj:

What bars do you go to? I have been known to go to the Vortex in Midtown too. Actually, I might go to the brewhouse for a couple beers in a few LOL

I'm not a ninja, I'm a mental patient. ;)

I heard about that. I'm on a forum with the peole that are organizing it.

I don't really go to bars much... last one I went to was probably Vortex in Midtown actually :D

DnBmama05
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
i don't mind hand held little glow sticks, but ever tried to dance at the club with those people's long ass strings flying everywhere?... some people like em... i just happen to not since they do nothing for me and i like to dance :) not get tangled up in a raver web. kinda goes along with flashing pacifiers in my book...

BTLFED
07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
I heard about that. I'm on a forum with the peole that are organizing it.

I don't really go to bars much... last one I went to was probably Vortex in Midtown actually :D

Well I am about to go to the brewhouse now after I pick up a friend of mine. I look forward to talking to you more, though. I enjoy it. :D

And just in case, if you get bored and wanna come to little 5 points for a drink or 2, I'll be wearing a Nalley Infiniti shirt. ;)

JennB
07-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Stupid morning job thing.

blacknightteg
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
i don't mind hand held little glow sticks, but ever tried to dance at the club with those people's long ass strings flying everywhere?... some people like em... i just happen to not since they do nothing for me and i like to dance :) not get tangled up in a raver web. kinda goes along with flashing pacifiers in my book...

i can understand the strings and what not, you need a good amount of open space to do that so that people who can do that can do that and people who dont want to can do their thing....lol what you got agains the passifiers lol! lol

DnBmama05
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
i'm not gonna walk around with something in my mouth my 14 month old won't suck on LOL i didn't have a problem at all with the glowstick stuff at the globe - plenty of room, but don't come into the masquerade with that mess - only room to dance is if you're in the break circle really.

BTLFED
07-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Stupid morning job thing.

Its cool. The brew house was closed (WTF) so we ended up at the local. I just got home and I gotta wake up at 5:45 LOL! I don't (and can't) make a habit of this, but it's fun times. If you ever want to do anything on the weekend let me know. I am always down for meeting new people...especially that share my same interests (my CRX is red ;) ).

BTLFED
07-12-2006, 12:05 AM
i can understand the strings and what not, you need a good amount of open space to do that so that people who can do that can do that and people who dont want to can do their thing....lol what you got agains the passifiers lol! lol

That just shows me you don't listen to the music just because you like it. Just because you are at a "rave" doesn't mean you have to be fucked up.

Maybe me and Jenn are getting old hahaha! :yes:

JennB
07-12-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm up for just about whatever. :goodjob: Need to meet some people in this city.

As for the pacifiers, if people want to go to big Trance parties and walk around with those things in their mouths, fine, I won't be there but they need to realize that they are adults... with pacifiers in their mouths.. and it looks retarded.

I listen to the music, have for many, many years now and have no interest in getting all fucked up. Yeah, I like to drink a little but you will sure as hell never find me so fucked up I can't talk straight or that I don't remember every second of my night.

St0lenR
07-12-2006, 08:20 AM
As for the pacifiers, if people want to go to big Trance parties and walk around with those things in their mouths, fine, I won't be there but they need to realize that they are adults... with pacifiers in their mouths.. and it looks retarded.

It's their fashion statement...You know the candy kids scene i'm pretty sure, glosticks, whistles, pacifiers, old ass goodwill clothing or some big ol parachute pants.

PhAtBoYMr2
07-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm up for just about whatever. :goodjob: Need to meet some people in this city.

I listen to the music, have for many, many years now and have no interest in getting all fucked up. Yeah, I like to drink a little but you will sure as hell never find me so fucked up I can't talk straight or that I don't remember every second of my night.

You do know what those pacifiers are for right? Usually most of the time people chew on those things because there jaws clinch up from taking ecstasy

Without drugs involved its not a real rave, or trance dance

JennB
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Why yes, I do. I've been going to this stuff since about... 1992... I'm pretty aware of everything that goes on. I do not like the drug scene that surrounds massives and that is why I stopped going many, many years ago. If you go to a rave just to get fucked up and roll around on the floor, I have no interest in you and would rather not even see that. I'm an adult, I don't need people dying in the same club I'm in (Yes, it's happened) and I have no interest in being around cops and people doing sketchy shit.

And I've done ecstacy, long ago in a galaxy far far away and would never do it again but I can honestly say I have NEVER been in public with a pacifier in my mouth, I'm not retarded. :lmfao:

blacknightteg
07-12-2006, 08:54 AM
i dont go to those things just to get fucked up. hell, half the time i dont liek spending the money lol. i can be a real cheap ass when it coems to that shit. anyways, i've been to those things without rolling and what not and they are still enjoyable. but if you roll, and responsibly i might add, if thats even possible, then it just makes you have an even better time and get into the music more

4dmin
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
WOW THAT IS SOME REALLY GOOD TECHNO :gay:

Wurm
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
WOW THAT IS SOME REALLY GOOD TECHNO :gay:
:police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

4dmin
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
WOW THAT WAS THE :goodjob: BEST AND :gay: WEBSITE I'VE BEEN TOO IN A LONGTIME... COOL FOR THE HISTORY GAY FOR CONTENT.

I'M JUST WONDERING WHAT GETS PEOPLE OFF TO LISTEN TO THIS SHIT? REALLY... I'M THINKING YOU NEED TO BE ON DRUGS TO WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SAME LOOP/CLIP 1000000X OVER... OOPS ALMOST FORGOT THE SAMPLE OR TWO THROW IN :lmfao:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE POINT TO THIS REALLY CREATIVE MUSIC? BY THE WAY THE INDUSTRIAL PARTS WERE PROBABLY THE BEST ON THE SITE B/C OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL IS THE SHIT: KMFDM, SKINNY PUPPY, LEATHERSTRIP, KLUTE, LAIBACH, ETC.

OH YA... THE USE OF THE WORD "CORE"... METALCORE, HARDCORE, NOISECORE, ETC... UMM YA?

Z33_kid
07-12-2006, 10:31 AM
who ust to go to the globe ?

TeeJay
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/haharave.gif

BTLFED
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM

Well most of my weekends are open so I am down for whatever when you are. :goodjob:

I'm ignoring the rest of the ignorance in this thread.

JennB
07-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Just let me know if you're gonna be anywhere Buckhead, Brookhaven, Atlantic Station or something and I'll show up.... quietly at first but I'll be there.

Yeah, no reason for the hate. You don't like electronica, fine, I really don't care. It's not a genre that is for everyone but what fun would that be? It's perfectly okay for people to like different things, I'm sure a lot of people on here listen to stuff that I can't stand but hey... doesn't bother me.

BTLFED
07-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Just let me know if you're gonna be anywhere Buckhead, Brookhaven, Atlantic Station or something and I'll show up.... quietly at first but I'll be there.

Yeah, no reason for the hate. You don't like electronica, fine, I really don't care. It's not a genre that is for everyone but what fun would that be? It's perfectly okay for people to like different things, I'm sure a lot of people on here listen to stuff that I can't stand but hey... doesn't bother me.

Welll resr assured i will be in the ATL this weekend then.

JennB
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Somewhere with easy parking! Ha.

:tongue1:

TeeJay
07-13-2006, 12:28 AM

my driveway is pretty accessible

BTLFED
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM

I drive an SUV daily...everywhere is easy parking for me. :tongue1: :lmfao: :D

JennB
07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
SUVs ew ew ew ew ew. :cringe:

I'm really protective of the little one, my least favorite thing about little 5 is trying to park.

BTLFED
07-13-2006, 06:08 PM
SUVs ew ew ew ew ew. :cringe:

I'm really protective of the little one, my least favorite thing about little 5 is trying to park.

Eww? Why? It's hella convinent for hauling stuff and is great when you go out with friends so everyone can ride in one car. Besides, my 2 fun cars are completely opposite of an SUV: A 73 Datsun 510 and an 88 CRX Si. :D

I don't blame you for being protective of where you park your car. I am the same way with my CRX. I'll make sure parking is not a nightmare.

JennB
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't haul stuff, I'm small, I don't haul people either. If no one wants to get in my back seat, they can drive their own damn car :tongue1:

I will be nice and not completely rant on SUVs... but I hate them. sorry

BTLFED
07-13-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't haul stuff, I'm small, I don't haul people either. If no one wants to get in my back seat, they can drive their own damn car :tongue1:

I will be nice and not completely rant on SUVs... but I hate them. sorry

Well I don't hate SUVs (well, I do hate some of them), but what I DO hate are most of the people that drive them. Soccer moms piss me off to no end. They are always driving something HUGE like a Suburban with multiple children in the back, and they try to do everything while they are behind the wheel but DRIVE! Talk on their cell phone, put on make up, yell at the children, all while drifting back and forth in both lanes because they are looking backward instead of forward! Grrr.... :rant:

JennB
07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Or the people I see in traffic every day, coming into my lane... a Suburban or Yukon with ONE person in it. Or the "I have one child I need an Expedition" crowd... ugh... kids existed before SUVs and hey... kids are small. WTF. Today it was the Trailblazer (that I know will never blaze a trail) in front of my that slammed on their brakes to go over one of those metal plates they put over holes in the road. I went around them and didn't even slow in my car thats like 2 inches off the ground... it was barely a bump. Dumbasses. I don't hate the vehicles really, well.. the huge ones that no one could possibly truly need, but I do really hate most people that buy them.... people that never haul a thing, wouldn't drive it through a mud puddle and take up far more lanes than they should.

BTLFED
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Or the people I see in traffic every day, coming into my lane... a Suburban or Yukon with ONE person in it. Or the "I have one child I need an Expedition" crowd... ugh... kids existed before SUVs and hey... kids are small. WTF. Today it was the Trailblazer (that I know will never blaze a trail) in front of my that slammed on their brakes to go over one of those metal plates they put over holes in the road. I went around them and didn't even slow in my car thats like 2 inches off the ground... it was barely a bump. Dumbasses. I don't hate the vehicles really, well.. the huge ones that no one could possibly truly need, but I do really hate most people that buy them.... people that never haul a thing, wouldn't drive it through a mud puddle and take up far more lanes than they should.

I agree totally. Mine is just an Isuzu Rodeo, so it's not huge. :D The outside is always dirty as hell, its got off road tires (filled with nitrogen :D ), It's hauled everything from my Jet ski to engines, transmissions, diffs, etc. And I never take up my half of the road in the middle. ;)