PDA

View Full Version : Vibration Problem

Dirty Octopus™
07-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Okay... when im accelerating the whole vehicle vibrates.. what could this be? my tires are fine, but... ive noticed that i may need another "new" driverside mount or bushing and im missing a bolt at the rear mount. Could this be the only thing left that could be causing this horrible shake? :dunno:

i just wanna know what else i should for and what other changes may have to be made...

thanks in advance for the help guys. :goodjob:

2.0civic
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
that would probably do it.

Wurm
07-05-2006, 11:42 PM
alignment?

an0therh22
07-06-2006, 04:17 PM
ya bro check it mounts if it isnt ur tires

green91
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Misfire? Bad c/v axle? even in my cars with solid motor mounts it doesnt particularly vibrate during acceleration.. and tires vibrate all the time at moderate to high speeds usually. plus they are typically worse at multiples of themselves.. IE bad vibration at 35mph.. will be bad again at 70mph. Ive had a c/v axle joint lock up and caused the car to vibrate something fierce while accelerating

admedlin
07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Mine vibrates pretty bad too. I checked the mounts and they all seem fine. A mechanic told me that sometimes if the exhaust is loose and moves around a little bit, it could feel like your whole car is shaking. I found out that the header on my car isn't bolted to the bottom of the car, so basically its just hanging there. When you hit the gas, more air flows through causing it to move around. So maybe check your exhaust hangers. Also check the axles

admedlin
07-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Well i just got back from the exhaust shop, the hanger was causing the shaking problem. So get under your car and check out your exhaust hangers. If thats it, its an easy, cheap fix :goodjob:

aubry588
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
i had the exact same problem and i changed my bad rear mount and it fixed it..

Senko
07-07-2006, 06:37 PM
for a second there, I thought this post said "Vibrator problem"

Dirty Octopus™
07-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the input guys! im gonna check out all of the things listed this weekend. But if anybody else comes up with any other possibilities, please feel free to post :goodjob: