PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay over....

Julio
05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
$100.00 for snickers?.. Not dress shoes...
Just sneakers?

I think is stupid.

Pablo
05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
never. i must be one of the few people that never bought a pair of air jordans because i could not bring my self to pay $150 for a pair of tennis shoes.

fucking ridiculous

AtifSajid
05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I think its stupid to, but I would pay over 100 bucks for a pair if they were really all that.

HEATON
05-12-2005, 10:51 AM
The few American Shoe stores here are CRAZY they charge the same but its in Euro so a Pair of Shoes for 75$ in the US is 75 Euro so basicaly almost 100$

Jimmy B
05-12-2005, 10:52 AM
snickers? a candy bar is NOT worth that much

AtifSajid
05-12-2005, 10:58 AM
snickers? a candy bar is NOT worth that much

hahaa..thats what I thought at first too..

Julio
05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
hhaaha funny, spelled it wrong and then right... Spelling b champ fo sho!

Cliff
05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
^^same here.....also i paid 70 for a pair of shoes in Feb and it took me 2 days to decide if i was gonna do it or not...and i clean them after almost everytime i wear them...maybe i'm cheap but i like a pair of 50 dollar boots that you never clean and last 2 years

Kristi
05-12-2005, 11:12 AM
hell no! i mean if it were something worth while sure - but not sneakers.

Julio
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I like footwear and all, I have quite a few pairs, But paying over 60 or 70 bucks for a pair of sneakers is stupid.. Deep down 60 or 70 is to damn much, Just to impress your boys...
"Y0 I got the new IVERSONS son... 120 bucks" But they probably have 2 dollars to there name.... sad america, sad america

Cliff
05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
i bought the new Birdman's but i am picky as hell about my shoes and those were the only ones i liked enough to buy outta my choices...oh well i needed summer shoes to wear with shorts and my boots weren't gonna cut it

KMDX
05-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I guess I'm weird then, because I have 5 pairs of Nike Shox now that I rock, 5 different colors $110/pair. I love'em they last forever. I love my shoes!!

My husband (GLENN) is the same way, I think he has 6 pairs or Shox

5thgcelica
05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
hell no. 60 is pushing it for me..

and as for boots. its called going to walmart and buying a $25 pair and they last for 2 years

AtifSajid
05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I'll buy an expensive pair of sneaks...but I buy for the lightness and how it does on the court, not usually for show cause I know they are going to get scuffed up. When I buy for show, I buy around $50 price.

LaurenK
05-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I would pay up to 100 dollars for sneakers, but probably not over...

99SI
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I bought these shoes this week. I found this website, some may have heard about it Zappos.com. I fukin love it. No shipping charges, free return label already with your order. I ordered Monday afternoon, they arrived Tuesday morning!!! I couldn't believe it, overnight for free shipping. I won't pay 100 for a pair of sneakers, maybe a slick pair of dress shoes but not sneakers, 75 is my limit.

Spyder
05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Shoes are over rated.

Kevykev
05-12-2005, 12:16 PM
not anymore.

trythefly
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
not over $70 evar

Brett
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I did when the Nike Vicks came out last year :(

Jimmy B
05-12-2005, 01:14 PM
i have over 20 pairs of shoes.. gotta match em up with the clothes ya know? lol

the MOST i hqave paid for shoes in the last 5 years has been a pair od kenneth cole.. and i got a deal on those.. 70 bucks.. tennis shoes, the MOST is $50...

Scrappy
05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
i would for shoes i wear and like and are pimp but not to impress anyone, most of my shoes i like and most dont... but for shox HELL YEAH i would those are the comfiest shoes to wear daily! those and NB atleast

NzProjeKt
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
well in the past I have paid over $200 for a pair of sneakers... but now since im on some grown man shit I cant afford to spend over $75.00... And $75 can easily buy you a pair of fashionable yet comfortable sneaks..

drupason
05-12-2005, 03:55 PM
ive paid over 100 bucks for shoes...but that was when i used to play bball...and most the time the whole team would get matchin shoes so you sorta had to...come on jullllio step up your game! big balla status!! bling blang

Jimmy B
05-12-2005, 04:01 PM
and i charge between $515, and $750 for a pair in speed skating boots.. lol.. i jsut thought of that... hahahahah

Brett
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Hell I refuse to pay over $30 for a pair of sneakers, Its not like my big ass works out or plays sports, so regulat sneakers work for me....

Repost Squintz
05-12-2005, 04:10 PM
not over 70$ a 100$ for a pair of sneakers is over rated

PinkTaco
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
ive def paid 100 bucks for some white "sneakers" (tennis shoes) and i still have them! wear them once in a while on a nice day when i know they arent gona get dirty and im tryin to impress someone.

HyPer50
05-12-2005, 04:48 PM
$100.00 for snickers?.. Not dress shoes...
Just sneakers?

I think is stupid.

When I was in middle school, I got one pair of Jordans for like $115. Thats the only pair of shoes I've paid over $100 for. Now I just wear $50 Vans.

T-Mo Goodie
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I usually never have to go over Nor near $100 because I wear a kids size 6. ;) Now my ex-bf gets all my shoes for $30 brand new and everything. I got Iversons, Nike, Jordans, etc

I have every pair of Jordans (not the Jumpmans, and Trunners) that have been out except for this last pair that just came out. I am a MJ fan at heart. I used to hoop in them.

Leisa
05-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Hell I refuse to pay over $30 for a pair of sneakers, Its not like my big ass works out or plays sports, so regulat sneakers work for me....

liar liar ... you paid 90.00 for your Vick NIkes Shoes

Marta Mike
05-12-2005, 05:13 PM
for the most part my limit is 100. But there are a select few i would pay over for.

Ex. shox, classic baby blue jordans

buddha@TeamFX
05-12-2005, 08:10 PM
the most i have ever paid is $45...but now ill pay way up there for my boots...especially my huntin boots...i have paid $275 for them...but im a redneck so u know lol

JustinSane110™
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I got no problem payin over $100 for shoes, because for one I'm so damn picky I never buy more than a few pair a year.

JoeCoolinATL
05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
never. i must be one of the few people that never bought a pair of air jordans because i could not bring my self to pay $150 for a pair of tennis shoes.

fucking ridiculous

exactly. granted when i ran cross country the best shoes out there for it were 100+-200 but now that i run a few times a week at most the shoes i use are around 90-100, nothing like before but yeah the only shoes i buy now that are 100+ are dress shoes

Red
05-12-2005, 08:57 PM
If I have the money and I really like them, sure I'll get them. Although, I'd rather buy some nice heals instead of sneakers.

quickdodge®
05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I whine and complain if I spend $20 for a pair. WalMart shoes here, and I don't care. I'll buy a whole outfit for less than $50 and wear it like a prep wears A&F. Later, QD.

Kevykev
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
^ NAAAAAAAAH MEAN!!!!

My timberland boots usually meet or exceed that $100 mark.

TRINI4LIFE
05-12-2005, 09:37 PM
The people that buy $100+ shoes, boots, do it because they

1. Like it
2. Have the money for it
3. Want to be the first to wear it etc...........

It is just like buying rims for your car (why not stay stock), certain brand of aftermarket parts for your car (why not get your parts from autozone, or pepboys?), or something as simple as quality of the product. Why keeping on buying a $20 dollar boots from Target that will only last for two weeks? Just my thoughts.

Julio
05-12-2005, 10:57 PM
The people that buy $100+ shoes, boots, do it because they

1. Like it
2. Have the money for it
3. Want to be the first to wear it etc...........

It is just like buying rims for your car (why not stay stock), certain brand of aftermarket parts for your car (why not get your parts from autozone, or pepboys?), or something as simple as quality of the product. Why keeping on buying a $20 dollar boots from Target that will only last for two weeks? Just my thoughts.

your comparing shit to vaseline....

1- Yeah, some are nice, kinda cool, But when I look inside or below the shoe to see a price tag, I laugh, and say "I can beleive people buy this shit".

2- Don't have the money for it? In my case , Im just smarter. Is like going to the club and seeing guys all G qued out, with a beer they been holding for 45 minutes, with only $5.00 in there pocket, I see it all the time.

3- Thats the biggest way to waste 150 bucks.

Honestly, Is cool in away people are spending money like this, It keeps the economy going some what.
Atleast from my point of view.

YO YO YO, I need 5 dollars for gas... damn man, but you have 150 dollars Sneakers!

RandomGuy
05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38176&item=4380434647&rd=1 70 bux... not 100 tho

TRINI4LIFE
05-13-2005, 06:59 AM
your comparing shit to vaseline....

1- Yeah, some are nice, kinda cool, But when I look inside or below the shoe to see a price tag, I laugh, and say "I can beleive people buy this shit".

2- Don't have the money for it? In my case , Im just smarter. Is like going to the club and seeing guys all G qued out, with a beer they been holding for 45 minutes, with only $5.00 in there pocket, I see it all the time.

3- Thats the biggest way to waste 150 bucks.

Honestly, Is cool in away people are spending money like this, It keeps the economy going some what.
Atleast from my point of view.

YO YO YO, I need 5 dollars for gas... damn man, but you have 150 dollars Sneakers!

I hate when people Stereotype.... Not everyone that wears "$150" pair of sneakers is broke. Yeah people do it BUT not everyone... You sound like the type of person that go places to look and compare people and what is not in your perspective it is stupid. People buy thing for a reason whatever it might be that is thier Prerogative. You need to broaden your horizon, I think that if you have the money like six figures a year you would "waste" money too. I mean who wouldn't?

Julio
05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I hate when people Stereotype.... Not everyone that wears "$150" pair of sneakers is broke. Yeah people do it BUT not everyone... You sound like the type of person that go places to look and compare people and what is not in your perspective it is stupid. People buy thing for a reason whatever it might be that is thier Prerogative. You need to broaden your horizon, I think that if you have the money like six figures a year you would "waste" money too. I mean who wouldn't?

dude relax... why getting so offended? I careless what you or your homeboys spend the money on.. ... and honestly I see more 6 figure people rocking regular shoes then any bum out there. So once again your comparing shit to vaseline.
Me stereotyiping? No, But call it what you want, But is the true. Actually you are stereotyping, what you think only 6 figure people can afford that type of stuff?
I need to broaden my horizon? what a joke, you don't know me at all....I don't make 6 figures.. ..But I have made 26 k so far this year... you do the math.
But just because You make money it doesnt mean you should blow it away, but whatever you know is your dough. I can afford more then 150 dollar shoes, I just think is a dumb investment.

So Stop hatting because Im more then likely saying the truth. actually you sound like a salesman.. wait a minute, you made a post about selling sneakers ... heheh relax player..

When you get older you get wiser, I was young and dumb one time and made dumb decisions.
But is my opinion, if you don't like it to bad.

TRINI4LIFE
05-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Dude you are the one that is getting offended. And for you to talk about "HOMEBOYS" that statement that you made does make you a Stereotype. I do not know you and you do not know me either.All I am saying is that if you choose not to purcahse anything expensive that is your business. I can careless what you spend your money on or how much you make per year etc..... You have a couple of valid points (I agree) but it is there lives so let them live it to the extent that THEY want to. If they want to convert there cars from Non Turbo to Turbo (to drive faster or because the way it sounds or to impress their friends) and can't buy gas to drive it, that is thier business not yours. It is stupid to do that but it is still their business. It is the same as buying sneakers, bently, big ass houses etc...

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:04 AM
I will quote myself

$100.00 for sneakers?.. Not dress shoes...
Just sneakers?

I think is stupid.

I never ask why do people buy them.. I asked would you ... Like I said before I careless what people buy w/ there money, is there money....

But on the other hand is no lie.... Thats why most of us in this country owe money are in debt... because some people rather Buy shoes or some other items rather then pay a bill.. you see a whole diffrent topic.

BTW im not offended at all... But you sound like a true salesman... hehe

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I know the both of you, and all i know is both of you need to STFU!

no one will 'win" this argument.

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I would much rather have a boosted car then a 20 pair of the hottest sneak's out in the market right...

I mean, who wouldn't?

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I know the both of you, and all i know is both of you need to STFU!

no one will 'win" this argument.

You know I can win this argument..... hahah but it wont be fair... lol

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I mean, who wouldn't?

I bet a 16 year old boy that was previously traumatized from a serious car accident in the past wouldn't. Just to give an example of course

5thgcelica
05-13-2005, 09:10 AM
^^^ aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:11 AM
I bet a 16 year old boy that was previously traumatized from a serious car accident in the past wouldn't. Just to give an example of course

But then again you can count the 16 year old kids driving around in Boosted cars, Atleast around the atl.

Pretty soon there wont be many.... with the new "JOSHUA" law..

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:11 AM
^^^ aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

muhfukka might be afraid of boost, much less, cars as a whole, NAAAAAAAAAAH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN???

5thgcelica
05-13-2005, 09:13 AM
lol word.

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
But then again you can count the 16 year old kids driving around in Boosted cars, Atleast around the atl.

Pretty soon there wont be many.... with the new "JOSHUA" law..

well how about a 23 guy named Kenneth from boston that was previously in the scene but since his best friend was killed in a car wreck, he is now ultimately persuaded to drop the whole "tuner scene" as a whole in honor of his buddy that passed away.

That muthafukka is the one who want 20 purrs of sneeks, Nah Mean?

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:15 AM
muhfukka might be afraid of boost, much less, cars as a whole, NAAAAAAAAAAH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN???

but this is what a typical 16 year old may asked when he wakes up after a coma or something...

16 year old - Hey moma, Where am I
Moma- Son you are in the hospital, you wrecked your Civic
16 year old - really? are my Air jordans still ok?

hahhahahahahaha :P

5thgcelica
05-13-2005, 09:16 AM
hahah. why wouldnt that surprise me

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:18 AM
but this is what a typical 16 year old may asked when he wakes up after a coma or something...

16 year old - really? are my Air jordans still ok?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a! :lmfao:

he didn't say "Jordans", he said "AIR JORDANS" only WACK people say air jordans, lol

***IF YOU SAY ''AIR JORDANS'' YOU MIGHT WANT TO EVALUATE YOURSELF AS A PERSON, BECAUSE YOU JUST MIGHT BE WACK"

LOL

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a! :lmfao:

he didn't say "Jordans", he said "AIR JORDANS" only WACK people say air jordans, lol

***IF YOU SAY ''AIR JORDANS'' YOU MIGHT WANT TO EVALUATE YOURSELF AS A PERSON, BECAUSE YOU JUST MIGHT BE WACK"

LOL

Hey, Maybe he had some beat up nike's (old school )

So you think I can write a book now? hahaha

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:22 AM
But on a serious not, I seriously know how to manage money. I'm usually the one people come to for money to borrow.

And although i will not spend $150 on a pair of J's like i used to in HS, if i get a hook up for $90 i'd buy 'em now.

it's good to "splurge" sometimes nah mean?

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:23 AM
So you think I can write a book now? hahaha

NO!

but you can give me some of that 26k NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GGRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!! $$$

Julio
05-13-2005, 09:28 AM
My whole point with this thread was to actually get more in depth about some of the shoe companies out there... But as you can see this thread went down left field, as the usually do in the whoreslounge.

I read an article on some magazine while i was at the barber shop a couple of weeks ago about NIKE and all that good stuff... it was actually pretty interesting.

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 09:33 AM
breifly, what was interesting?

Julio
05-13-2005, 10:33 AM
breifly, what was interesting?

The Nike topic, it was actually the guy who started the company and he has never had an interview till that one magazine I was reading... But hes about to retire..
Just the things he had to do to make the company be the best.. and the people he had to sign M. jordan was one of the 1st one he signed...

Did you know that NIKE was called RED RIBBON when it 1st started?

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 10:40 AM
nah man, i didn't...lol don't think it woulda made it this far under that name.

TRINI4LIFE
05-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Good arguments Julio..... Never at one point I got offended, I like challenges and you prove valid points, and that is what I wanted everyone to see. AS FOR KEVY KEV YOU STFU. Don't you see two grown ass men having a discussion????? I know that Gran tought you better than that..... :lmfao:

carrascopa
05-13-2005, 11:13 AM
ya.. i think most of my shoes cost around there and i have a closet full of them! Theres nothing like fresh new clean nike Airmax double airs with the air sole insert! Them shits are comfortable as hell! but you do get what you pay for! I ahve a closet full of shoes and the Nikes hold up better than my addidas, kswiss stuff

Kevykev
05-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Good arguments Julio..... Never at one point I got offended, I like challenges and you prove valid points, and that is what I wanted everyone to see. AS FOR KEVY KEV YOU STFU. Don't you see two grown ass men having a discussion????? I know that Gran tought you better than that..... :lmfao:

w0rd Son!

quickdodge®
05-13-2005, 03:53 PM
. Why keeping on buying a $20 dollar boots from Target that will only last for two weeks? Just my thoughts.

That was a dumbass comment. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
05-17-2005, 09:12 AM
this thread reminds me of an incident in high school my senior year

(flashback..wavy lines...flashback...)

there was this cat where i went to school at(banneker high) and he liked crackin jokes about my gear honestly all i wear is what is comfortable to me....a pair of blue jeans, boots(depending on the weather) and a t shirt..we got along in football games and practice but around his peers it was joke time mostly. ne way.... he asked my why i always wear jeans, my reply was cause they are comfortable,and i'm not in school for a fashion show. he replys immediately that it's cause i'm broke and my parents cant afford to buy my clothes( cue in classmates chuckles and giggles). i reply i work and i buy my own clothes. fast forward to the next day. the patent leather jordans(black/white ones) had just came out the night before and low and behold guess who comes in rocking them? mr joke master. well he brags about the price that he paid($145) and that he was the first to buy them at that particular store. me and him didnt have a hate relationship but since i was the new guy in school he had a person he could mess with.

well lunch time rolls around and i'm sitting at the table with folks i was cool with at the time and i get up to head to the candy store in the hall. dude is aproaching me and before we pass each other he stops me and asks me if he can get 2 dollars from me for lunch, promising to pay me back the next day. i smirk, looked down at his shoes and said with all the money you blew on those shoes, eating should be no problem. i walked past him and bought my candy, went back and finished my lunch and left.

Julio
05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
this thread reminds me of an incident in high school my senior year

(flashback..wavy lines...flashback...)

there was this cat where i went to school at(banneker high) and he liked crackin jokes about my gear honestly all i wear is what is comfortable to me....a pair of blue jeans, boots(depending on the weather) and a t shirt..we got along in football games and practice but around his peers it was joke time mostly. ne way.... he asked my why i always wear jeans, my reply was cause they are comfortable,and i'm not in school for a fashion show. he replys immediately that it's cause i'm broke and my parents cant afford to buy my clothes( cue in classmates chuckles and giggles). i reply i work and i buy my own clothes. fast forward to the next day. the patent leather jordans(black/white ones) had just came out the night before and low and behold guess who comes in rocking them? mr joke master. well he brags about the price that he paid($145) and that he was the first to buy them at that particular store. me and him didnt have a hate relationship but since i was the new guy in school he had a person he could mess with.

well lunch time rolls around and i'm sitting at the table with folks i was cool with at the time and i get up to head to the candy store in the hall. dude is aproaching me and before we pass each other he stops me and asks me if he can get 2 dollars from me for lunch, promising to pay me back the next day. i smirk, looked down at his shoes and said with all the money you blew on those shoes, eating should be no problem. i walked past him and bought my candy, went back and finished my lunch and left.

bets feeling in the world.

D3UC3S
05-17-2005, 03:23 PM
i would....and have...New balance 991...$135 and change.