PDA

View Full Version : Mach1girl/Prospeed Preformance raced on Pinks!

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi all

I am sure some of you have heard that Prospeed Performance out of Powder Springs, GA raced on Pinks and yes i was the driver. Back a couple months ago right after FFW ATL weekend i had emailed Pinks in short trying to set up a grudge race against Tim Barth(@ModularPowerhouse) and Jeff Harris(Shankin) as well as some of the guys that had raced at FFW ATL. Long story short Pinks came back and said they wanted a female driver and well Jeff Harris @ Prospeed took on the task to help create the team and build the car as well as teach an inexperience female driver to drive a race car. A ton of people were involved in helping make it all come together. So the outcome? well we lost. My experience in driving has been limited to the Mach 1. I have been racing about a year and only in the Mach1. And I wouldn't really call it racing, more like making passes here and there in my modified street car. My fasted time in the Mach had been a 12.60 prior to jumping in the Pinks car and making some passes. Jeff Harris did a great job of teaching me to drive a race car in a super short amount of time. Awesome teacher i must say. My best timed, (note timed most of my runs in the pinks car were not timed) was an 11.39@121mph on motor. But the reality is I did not have the experience to go up against a 10-12 year veteran racer. The good of it all, it was an opportunity of a lifetime for the entire team and we had fun and hopefully Prospeed will be invited backhttp://modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/smile3.gif.

So with that... make sure to check out the build, testing and race @ www.prospeedperformance.com (http://www.prospeedperformance.com/) under "gallery" once again Matt Campbell @ Atlanta Performance Photography did a great job of taking pictures through out the entire project, start to finish.

I'll keep you posted on when the show will air.... we are thinking in mid to late august..

M1G

4dmin
07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
man that sux

Miranda
07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
So you lost the car? That sucks.

Glad you had fun though!

GirlieZ
07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
awesome :goodjob:

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
So you lost the car? That sucks.

Glad you had fun though!

yes we lost the car, but it is all good. We had sponsors and prospeed built the car in about 2 1/2 weeks. It was tough, but a cool experience. The car made a 9.59 pass, so it could haul ass!

B16a2 Civic
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
is teh host gayer in person?

SwurvinIn
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
damn i wish i could lose a 9sec car.....

Ran
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I second this question. He seems like a pole-smoker on TV.

BTW, you should ask for you car back since you two seem to know each other. :D

JITB
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
atleastu still have the marauder... i love those cars

BTEC
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
HELL YEAH!! MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT JEFF IS DOING BIG SHIT. I GUESS ILL GO BY AND SAY WHATS UP AND CONGRADS TO HIM.

fawk_you
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey girl, glad to see you are out there schoolin and taking names....sorry about the car. Congrats on the show though!

civic95
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Are you into younger guys?

Please say yes

AudiGirlTT
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
you gave it your best!!!!! Thats awesome

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 03:29 PM

He was actually very cool to me.... His wife came up afterwards and had some cool things to say. I will tell you this, who you see on TV is not the same in person.

BTEC
07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
He was actually very cool to me.... His wife came up afterwards and had some cool things to say. I will tell you this, who you see on TV is not the same in person.
THEY LUCKY I DIDNT BRING MY CAR OUT THERE. I WOULDVE TRADED IT BACK TO JEFF FOR ALOT OF TYNO TIME. LOL!!!

B16a2 Civic
07-05-2006, 03:31 PM

hmmm, he is married....maybe he just plays gay on tv

none the less, im happy you made it out there and gave it your all, i'll be lookin forward to watchin it on tv, will it be on this upcoming season?

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey girl, glad to see you are out there schoolin and taking names....sorry about the car. Congrats on the show though!

Thank you! i am still working on the schoolin and taken names, give me a few and I'll be there! No worries on the car...it is all good. We had a ton of sponsors that helped with a bunch of parts. I said i was going to take a break from racing, but i am already itching to get back on the track:D and I am thinking now that Mach isn't going to be fast enough.....

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 03:32 PM
hmmm, he is married....maybe he just plays gay on tv

none the less, im happy you made it out there and gave it your all, i'll be lookin forward to watchin it on tv, will it be on this upcoming season?

yes season 3. i was kinda hoping the end of season 3 so i didn't have to relive it so soon LOL.

B16a2 Civic
07-05-2006, 03:33 PM
awww dont worry about you losing, theres always 1 winner and 1 loser in a competion

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 03:34 PM
HELL YEAH!! MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT JEFF IS DOING BIG SHIT. I GUESS ILL GO BY AND SAY WHATS UP AND CONGRADS TO HIM.

yes jeff is kicking some butt over there. he is always busy. We are all headed out to the yearone races this weekend. So he will be racing his green car.

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Are you into younger guys?

Please say yes

Well thank you i will take that as a compliment. But i have a boyfriend:)

USDM CTR
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
wow awsome ima have to watch this one.

BTEC
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
yes jeff is kicking some butt over there. he is always busy. We are all headed out to the yearone races this weekend. So he will be racing his green car.
COMMERCE. I USED TO ROLL WITH THEM, ME IN MY CIVIC AND THEM IN THEIR DAMN MUSTANGS. THE GOOD OLE DAYS AT FUN FORD. LOL!!!

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 03:44 PM
yes we lost the car, but it is all good. We had sponsors and prospeed built the car in about 2 1/2 weeks. It was tough, but a cool experience. The car made a 9.59 pass, so it could haul ass!

Actually, don't you have the ability to buy it back at the end for like $200 or something? I remember hearing that somewhere...

BABY J
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM

Hey watch it. He's been taking TONS of steroids to look cooler, and has altered his wardrobe to showcase that he works out at LEAST once a month.:jerkit: Give him a break B. :rolleyes:

BABY J
07-05-2006, 03:57 PM

So do you feel that you LOST the car (driving), or that your teams lack of "drag math" knowledge (failure to negotiate properly and sandbag properly) lose the car? There are more than a few ways to lose on PINKS.

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 06:51 PM
So do you feel that you LOST the car (driving), or that your teams lack of "drag math" knowledge (failure to negotiate properly and sandbag properly) lose the car? There are more than a few ways to lose on PINKS.

True True. But it is kinda hard not to take on the responsibility of being the one to loose the car when i was the one driving. It is just like when it is the last 3 seconds of the national championship, it is FSU vs Miami and the score is tied. The field goal kicker kicks WIDE RIGHT. But the reality it took the whole team to get them to be tied up yet the field goal kicker takes on the weight of loosing the game. Man he still is haunted by that game that happened 10 years ago. Everyone from the Prospeed team worked real hard to get to St. Louis and the last thing i wanted to do is disappointment my team, which are bottom line my friends. At the same time the team went up there with the knowing that we may loose the car. After the emotional whirlwind of everything you kinda step back and can look at things a little bit more logical. So at first I took it hard then I woke up and said wow i got to do something pretty damn cool with my friends.... an opportunity of lifetime. Because reality is, Pinks is not a sanctioned event, it is a street car race, with all the games of street racing and then magnified 1000 times by being on TV. We were there for ratings. We can negotiate and sandbag all the right or wrong ways but then if Rich doesn't agree well he has the final say so. We sign the cars to him when we get there then if a team does something against the shows rules etc he can keep the car. We have tons of paperwork to sign and agree to prior to being on the show. I signed paperwork several weeks before going and if we didn't show the production company could come after me legally if they so choose. Which is a lot new rules they have put in place because of the no shows and issues they ran into from previous shows. So net net agreed but there is a lot that goes along with it:) I had fun and so did the team and i am excited that we had the chance to go and have all the pictures to share our cool experience.

M1G

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Actually, don't you have the ability to buy it back at the end for like $200 or something? I remember hearing that somewhere...

200 would of been nice to buy it back....

Big Baller
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Congrats its hard to go from a 12 second car to a 9 second car. You did good just by not putting it in the wal.

tony
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey Ms. Mach1girl (dont know your name) If I can say anything I am very impressed in how you've handled the loss.. it doesnt even seem like you look at it as a loss but more of an experience. That is saying much more than a lot of guys who can't take a simple beating on the street while yours will be shown on national television. Good luck in the future, I think you will be alright. :goodjob:

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Congrats its hard to go from a 12 second car to a 9 second car. You did good just by not putting it in the wal.

Thank you... i have to say running the pinks car became addicting and i am ready to get back into a car and start racing but more like FFW etc... but the cost of building fast car can be a bit prohibiting... so the Mach1 and i will be out at the track and some races coming up in august.... And now after running on slicks, I just might have to put the ET Streets back on the Mach and see what times i can get.

Rican219
07-05-2006, 07:36 PM
GOOD JOB Sorry you lost the car! WOMAN DRIVER FTW!!

Quick Question what were they doing with that mic in this picture??! :lmfao: :lmfao:

BWAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING!!!

boosted1jz
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
cool experience!!!! wish we could have known.... im sure some of IA would have come down and supported.....

sorry 4 the loss...... hope to see u at the track sometime :)

chris

A.P. Photography
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
but i am already itching to get back on the track:D and I am thinking now that Mach isn't going to be fast enough.....
I told ya, the Mach isn't going to be fast enough now. I told you that at Paradise and at Steele. :lmfao:

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
GOOD JOB Sorry you lost the car! WOMAN DRIVER FTW!!

Quick Question what were they doing with that mic in this picture??! :lmfao: :lmfao:

BWAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING!!!

HA HA...:lmfao: thanks for being so kind to find that picture out 154 and point that out!

HyPer50
07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Yup, now tell Jeff to hurry up and finish my car haha, I've been missin' it for about 2 months lol.

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
cool experience!!!! wish we could have known.... im sure some of IA would have come down and supported.....

sorry 4 the loss...... hope to see u at the track sometime :)

chris

that would of been very cool. Maybe if prospeed gets invited back some folks from IA can be there. honestly i had no idea what to expect. Now that we know it will be easier next time.

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Yup, now tell Jeff to hurry up and finish my car haha, I've been missin' it for about 2 months lol.

i plead the 5th.

are you going to ORSCA this weekend?

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
200 would of been nice to buy it back....

So, there is NO buying it back at all?

Rican219
07-05-2006, 08:15 PM
HA HA...:lmfao: thanks for being so kind to find that picture out 154 and point that out!

LOL SHE LOVES ME!!! :D :D

mach1girl
07-05-2006, 09:56 PM
So, there is NO buying it back at all?

I'll say this, the show does not want you to sell the car back.

The Yousef
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
congrats on the show...sorry about the lost....but it was probably a memorable experience regardless....

mach1girl
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
congrats on the show...sorry about the lost....but it was probably a memorable experience regardless....

It was emotionally wearing but it was really cool to share it with friends. Something i will never forget nor forget the people that i experienced it with.

mach1girl
08-08-2006, 09:12 PM
FYI

http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/schedule.php

Show airs September 6 2006 @ 9:30pm

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-09-2006, 02:02 AM
i will be watchin...

V84lunch
08-09-2006, 10:08 AM
FYI

Show airs September 6 2006 @ 9:30pm

Wow.....you're HOT! And the fact that you can drive makes you that much hotter!!!:camera:

Seymour222
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Randy spilled the beans. Just kidding. He really didn't, he was persistant in his story. Remember, there was talk about Mainstream vs. Prospeed on Pinks if it could ever happen. I like the friendly idea. That would be awesome.

mach1girl
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Wow.....you're HOT! And the fact that you can drive makes you that much hotter!!!:camera:

Thank you
and well i feel i still have some to learn but we we'll see :D

mach1girl
08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Randy spilled the beans. Just kidding. He really didn't, he was persistant in his story. Remember, there was talk about Mainstream vs. Prospeed on Pinks if it could ever happen. I like the friendly idea. That would be awesome.

That would be cool. Email Nate and ask 'em. Tell him you want to call out those boys at Prospeed:)!

And No worries on Randy it is all good... i even spilled the beans in my blog on myspace, yep i lost, pretty bad too. ouch. but it is the experience right:yes:.

i have posted a bunch of pictures of the build and the actual filming on my website if you want to check them out.... pretty cool stuff!

www.mach1girl.com

PawnShopCEO
09-06-2006, 10:51 PM
yea.. show didnt show tonight

Tracy
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
congrats girl! Gotta lub the TV coverage :)

They called us and asked us to be on the show in Valdosta I guess it was. I was like sure, do I get to pick who I run against and they were like no way! I wanted a grudge match but they said they have to oick who you run against and I'm not willing to possibly loose my Evo to someone I don't know :)

boosted1jz
09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
awww dont puss out tracy!!!!! you know that car is fast..... and even if.... its not like you cant negociate(sp?) on car lenghts and NOS!!!

i wanna go on pinks.... if i could ever get the supra to run right

Tracy
09-06-2006, 11:35 PM
awww dont puss out tracy!!!!! you know that car is fast..... and even if.... its not like you cant negociate(sp?) on car lenghts and NOS!!!

i wanna go on pinks.... if i could ever get the supra to run right

I'll give you dude's number.

My luck they would pair me up with a V8 with a 165465489 shot of nitrous.

boosted1jz
09-07-2006, 10:02 AM
and like i said..... thats when you tell him he has to stage 2 cars back, you get 8 cars forward......... to make it all "fair" LOL

they "try" to match cars by the times they run though.....

chris

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't watch the show, let alone brag about being on it. Later, QD.

A.P. Photography
09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
It wasn't really a brag since it involves many local people. :rolleyes:

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2006, 05:46 PM
So? You must have me confused with someone that gave a shit. Later, QD.

A.P. Photography
09-07-2006, 07:35 PM
So? You must have me confused with someone that gave a shit. Later, QD.
No actually I was just stating it to state it. Who cares right?:rolleyes:

RutRoe
09-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I've been trying to get Tracy on there as soon as I met Nate and told them about BATLground.

Just for the record, Rich is a good guy... he's super intense and he's super proud of what he's done and he has lots of ideas about anything.....

I for one can attest that who you are on TV isn't always who you are at home. It's just a cool way to earn a living....

congrats on being part of the show. I'm damn glad to be a part of the network so it's really fun when other people get the chance to.

Rut

Tracy
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I've been trying to get Tracy on there as soon as I met Nate and told them about BATLground.

Just for the record, Rich is a good guy... he's super intense and he's super proud of what he's done and he has lots of ideas about anything.....

I for one can attest that who you are on TV isn't always who you are at home. It's just a cool way to earn a living....

congrats on being part of the show. I'm damn glad to be a part of the network so it's really fun when other people get the chance to.

Rut

It would definately be fun! And I understand their reasoning behind not wanting us to pick our competition...I just ain't into loosing my damn $50K Evo to some fucking Mustang! I'd have to have a detonation button on it before I gave it to them :D

Love ya Rut! :boobies:

boosted1jz
09-07-2006, 10:34 PM
hey rut.... how do i get a job up at speed tv????

chris

and dont be a chicken tracy!!!! your evo is aiight fast ;) LOL jk its ubber fast u should be ok

mach1girl
09-08-2006, 08:35 AM
congrats girl! Gotta lub the TV coverage :)

They called us and asked us to be on the show in Valdosta I guess it was. I was like sure, do I get to pick who I run against and they were like no way! I wanted a grudge match but they said they have to oick who you run against and I'm not willing to possibly loose my Evo to someone I don't know :)

I second that.... We were lucky and had and opportunity to et most of the car sponsored. so i didn't have to risk my car. I said the same thing that you did, uh no way am i risking the mach1!

I think it was Gainsville cause i went down and watched the filming. Very cool stuff.

TV coverage can be fun, and then it can be disappointing, depending...People can awesome when you are down or be very critical. And we all tend to remember 1 negative comment over the 5000 positive... but that is just part of it

The show airing has been moved to the 20th of September:
they keep moving it not sure why and i want to know:)

But to check the listings or who is racing.... you can go to this link

Look at the date for wednesday at 9:30pm i.e. september 20th. put your mouse over "Gateway" and it will tell you who is racing that night.

mach1girl
09-08-2006, 08:37 AM
and like i said..... thats when you tell him he has to stage 2 cars back, you get 8 cars forward......... to make it all "fair" LOL

they "try" to match cars by the times they run though.....

chris

The rules have changed a bit, but i recommend NOT risking your own car but work on getting sponsors... they get tons or advertising so in the long run it is worth it to them....

mach1girl
09-08-2006, 08:56 AM

Sorry you see it as bragging. Didn't mean for it to come across that way. i was more proud of a group of friends that got together set a goal and made it happen. the race wasn't just about me nor was the post. I am proud of my friends for the hard work that they put into the entire effort. Without them and the effort of everybody involved we wouldn't of made it. It was about a group of people that got together with nothing, busted their asses and in 6 weeks acquired 7 sponsors, all the parts to build a car, built a 9 second car then on top of that taught me(a very inexperienced driver) how to drive in about 3 days. Needless to say i still do not clasify myself anywhere near experienced in racing, it is just a hobby that i love so i can enjoy hangin out with friends. My little accomplishments are more personal and not looking to get anything out of it but maybe better my times and understand cars a little more. Being a part of the show was an experience and overwhelming, but something i will never forget being a part of...racing/cars are not a career for me but a hobby. so i take it for what it is and respect those that have it as a career and have a ton more experience in it than I do.

M1G