PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse AVN6600 vs Pioneer Z1

JC
07-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I am wanting a double din head unit that is the best of the best. I have narrowed it down to these two. Eclipse AVN6600 or Pioneer Z1.

I am leaning towards the Eclipse AVN6600 because it seems to be more ahead on technology and I am just partial to Eclipse head units.

What do you guys think? Any reviews? Anybody have either one of these and what do you think of it? Any opinions?

All the help you can offer would be great.

DJ XtRaKŠ
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Z1....the eclipse is hard as hell to figure out. i have installed about 3 of them and still cant figure the damn thing out....lol. but personally i would go with the Z1 cause pioneer rox for navi!

JC
07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Z1....the eclipse is hard as hell to figure out. i have installed about 3 of them and still cant figure the damn thing out....lol. but personally i would go with the Z1 cause pioneer rox for navi!

I have noticed that it seems pretty hard to work sometimes. However, people who own them say they are pretty easy when you get the hang of it. I appreciate the input. I am going to compare specs and see what one has that the other doesnt as well.

Just trying to get personal expierence with either of the units. thank you very much for your expierence with them.

BanginJimmy
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I love my av8533 and as soon as I sell that I am getting the avn7000. Yea Eclipse head units seem to be a little less user friendly than alot of others, but IMO they make up for it in quality.

On topic, I havent used either unit, but I have heard AOLT of very good reviews od the Z1

redgst97
07-05-2006, 09:50 PM
If your main interest is the NAV feature, then the Z1 gets my vote...
I am an old school Eclipse fan, because of the SQ aspect, but think they went a bit more "main stream" as of late. Not too sure if thats a good thing or bad thing, but it is a change versus the past.

John

ChrisG
07-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Z1 hands down.... everyone we have installed has worked to the T... and everyone loves it so far!!! best 2 din unit out in my opinion

boostinurass
07-25-2006, 02:02 PM
i like the z1 no problems when i had it.

joe

StupidBikerBoy
07-26-2006, 02:09 AM
I have an N2 in my truck and love it. Pioneers quality is hard to beat. Matter of fact I have a pioneer cd player I bought in 93' that still works and has been in more vehicles than I can count. When I bought it, it was one of the first that had changing backlight colors (only 2). LLOL

I'm planning on picking up a Z1 for the rb 240.:goodjob: