PDA

View Full Version : Misc What Type Of Music Do you Like to Hear At a Car Show?

Brandon C
05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Alright Everyone I need serious Input as to What Music Works Better for You at a Car Show...If Your Not Serious w/ Your Anwser then Dont Complain Later

B16a2 Civic
05-12-2005, 09:13 AM
hippty hop, maybe crunk music, i dont like all that dance/techno....and throw some r and b in there too

quickdodgeŽ
05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I prefer no music. You can never hear it, most of the time, anyways. Later, QD.

NzProjeKt
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Some Retro Disco Shit...

Brandon C
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
QD I Promise you will Hear it at TunerFest...

JITB
05-12-2005, 11:45 PM
A little of everything...
rap - R&B - Rock - Techno etc...

5thgcelica
05-13-2005, 08:57 AM
im almost with QD on this. its too loud somtimes.

but i prefer rock music.

DJ XtRaKŠ
05-13-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah when i DJ at car shows i stick with too much of that techno stuff sometimes which really most people dont like, so then i goto my rap and hip hop, which works out great for most everyone...personally i dont think there is enough rock at car shows...i wish more people would listen to it

Spyder
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
yeah when i DJ at car shows i stick with too much of that techno stuff sometimes which really most people dont like, so then i goto my rap and hip hop, which works out great for most everyone...personally i dont think there is enough rock at car shows...i wish more people would listen to it

If you play it they will listen.

i think they key to having people actually jammin at a show and not just hearing the music as noise is to play a variety of music. Play some extreme music from each type. for example dont just play some "rock" music play some music people can get get into, powerman 5000, pantera, fear factory whatever. switch it up with something that is equally as electronic but different at the same time.. like some dance music. specifically da rude and then move over to slightly more melodic trance.. oakenfold tiesto so on. what im saying is if i were there and they had some good music and some bad (i say this because most people dont like everything except country like i do) it would be better then listening to the same crap most DJ's play which is to throw a 90 min trance mix on the table and act like it is them.

my humble 2 cents :)

DJ XtRaKŠ
05-13-2005, 01:54 PM
i know exactly what you are talking about...but sometimes people get pissy when a certain genre comes on...and all the dj has to deal with is complaints, but you cant please everyone. i did the whole skating rink thing for years, i know how that goes...lol

Spyder
05-13-2005, 01:59 PM
i know exactly what you are talking about...but sometimes people get pissy when a certain genre comes on...and all the dj has to deal with is complaints, but you cant please everyone. i did the whole skating rink thing for years, i know how that goes...lol

so play some elevator music and piss off everyone, then when they start getting crazy thrown on some white zombie and take cover ;)

SwiftGTiRacer
05-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I think for indoor car shows like HIN its cool to have techno and rap. But as far as out door stuff i think a variety of music is a lot better. Like most people said, i don't think there is enough rock at shows. Nothing hard core but some rock. Variety i think is the key. Just my 2 cents.

Swifty

bigb996
05-14-2005, 01:59 PM
i personally only listen to rock, however rap/trance/techno seem to fit the car seen really well. A little rock added doesnt hurt though.