PDA

View Full Version : Some of my handiwork

SixSquared
07-05-2006, 03:25 AM
haaay guys... thought I'd show off a bit of my work from my portfolio. Some are photos, some are photochops (look for the originals in the corner of the pic), some are pics that were edited, some are drawings/paintings/sketches. Constructive criticism always welcome. Other than that, enjoy!

SixSquared
07-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Oh yeah.. clarifying some things... photochop = pic like the black accord above where I get a stock photo and mod it. Photoshop edit = pic I took and edited like just about everything else above... Here's some mo'

SixSquared
07-05-2006, 03:33 AM
wow sorry the oil painting of my dog is huuuuge.

last bit

down_shift
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I think some more practice with camera will give you better images to work with. The stronger the original image the easier it is to get a strong finished image. I think the use of filters its too much in some like the porsche. Try and uses other ways to draw attention to the car other than trying to blur it out.

Just take a lot more pictures and get to know your camera.

Repost Squintz
07-05-2006, 07:36 PM
xphontomsolx aka 56K killer... lol

SixSquared
07-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I think some more practice with camera will give you better images to work with. The stronger the original image the easier it is to get a strong finished image. I think the use of filters its too much in some like the porsche. Try and uses other ways to draw attention to the car other than trying to blur it out.

Just take a lot more pictures and get to know your camera.

on the porsche the picture was great.. the reason for the blur and the black and white is because I was trying to really get across just how hectic that scene was. The people themselves were slightly blurred already cause they were running around.. literally the car was the only thing that was sitting still, and I really wanted to emphasize that. When I'm doing just straight up auto photography, I leave the filters at home and just get nice shots at good angles, displaying the car itself (like the dark burgundy civic with the doors up from nopi). The ones that are all filtered and stuff like the porsche and the cars coming down the hill were for a more artistic approach, and because I was trying to flex my photoshop muscle a bit. Trick worked.. the porsche pic is hanging in my ergonomic design professor's office. He loved it. Thanks for the pointers, though. :)

jt money
07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
maybe you could learn how to use the resize option so you dont have to scroll all over to see the pic. i got add. by the time i scroll to see the rest of the pic i forgot what the first half looked like. other wise looking pretty good.

RUSH
07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Watch your angles, that is a big part of a pic, It can make or break a shot, and most of the time people go a lil extreme with it and screw it up! Like a lowered car with the wrong angle looking like it is climbing a 90degree hill!

Also resize those pics, easier to see and will prolly look better!