PDA

View Full Version : business idea... your thoughts

integra8705
07-04-2006, 11:44 PM
i was thinking.... this could be a good idea. i want to see what every one else thinks.

well i will use honda as my main example. Simply because honda is all over this board.

How awsome would it be if you could "make a car" from honda? stay with me. lol. this is my dream car. 97 ITR w/ right hand drive and the one peice headlights. w/o the optional ac. but with the k20 motor and carbon fiber trunk and hood. painted the classic cw white w/ some volks. now 85 percent of those parts come form honda.

now what if i could just call up honda and tell them what i want. like that itr. bc the swaps are out there and it is possible. they have the parts sitting around and if they dont they def. have the blue prints for the itr still. so i could just order my car just like i would order my pizza form pizza hut. they would do it and i would pick it up when it was done. i mean i just dont get why they dont do that. i mean if people are willing to pay for it why not u no? it would just be really nice to get all that from the dealership. so u didnt have to chop your car in half to get the rhd and take a year to find a 97 itr.

well my rant is done. your thoughts?

2.0civic
07-04-2006, 11:49 PM
right section??

integra8705
07-04-2006, 11:52 PM
right section??
i would say so. it is just a random thought that really does not have a place.

Z0_o6
07-04-2006, 11:54 PM
i would think the cost would be astronomical. like huge. big. a lot.

integra8705
07-04-2006, 11:55 PM
i would think the cost would be astronomical. like huge. big. a lot.
lol i agree but how cool would that be.

2.0civic
oh i thought you meant like opening a business(business section)...my bad. yeah, cost would be too high to be profitable

IndianStig
well ppl mod there cars for this...but good idea....i just don't get the business part of it

you say get al lthis from the honda dealership?

well the individuality of the car and the low production amount of similar vehicles would equal huge costs.

and toyota alread tried sometihng like this.....Scion. you can get all their parts dealer installed.

imbosile
07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I doubt there are many people that would be willing to pay that kind of a price for an ITR.

integra8705
07-04-2006, 11:57 PM
oh i thought you meant like opening a business(business section)...my bad. yeah, cost would be too high to be profitable
ya there is no way i would do it. 2 much money but i can only wonder..... if the honda plant in japan can do right hand drive why not make a small plant here for them so people like me can do rhd w/o cutting the car in half. i just think it would be awsome to pick your motor like u pick the color of your car

integra8705
07-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I doubt there are many people that would be willing to pay that kind of a price for an ITR.
im sure their wouldnt be i was just saying the car i would want. not every one else

Pher
07-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Good idea. However, here is the problem.

Honda, like tons of dealerships, prides themselves on stock parts labor. Most things done to a car have some kind of warranty involved with them. Performance upgrades such as used engine swaps cannot carry an accurate warranty. This would create quite a problem with quality control and could possibly give Honda a bad image due to unpreventable problems.