PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary Policies v. What does IA.com know about these?

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Does IA.com know about these? Basically, these policies are created in cities and they forbid police officers and other city officials from reporting illegal immigrants to the federal government (INS branch) when they are found. This allows for illegals to live safely in these cities without worrying about being deported for the most part. If they are pulled over in a traffic stop and the police officer realizes that they are an illegal, they can't cooperate with the federal government in any way and/or report them. :o Granted, some allow for cooperation if a felony is committed, but you get the idea. Such bullshit... It takes a fucking felony for some of these cities to report illegals.

What does IA think? If you want more info, do a search for "sanctuary polices" on google.com. :chuckles:

A few examples:

SANCTUARY POLICIES
Across the nation cities from New York to Houston to San Diego forbid city officials—including police—from inquiring into anyone's immigration status or cooperating with immigration officials. The police may not stop or detain persons solely due to their immigration status or even inquire into their status while making routine traffic stops or misdemeanor arrests. These policies have, in effect, created safe havens for illegal immigrants, including criminal aliens.

Cities began adopting sanctuary laws in the 1980s, supposedly to foster trust between illegal immigrants and police. Proponents argued that crimes would not be reported, witnesses to crime would not come forth and immigrants wouldn't cooperate with police if they feared deportation. Yet the policies adopted reflect the power of immigration advocacy groups more than concerns about crime prevention. Politicians in large cities with significant immigrant populations simply surrendered to the demands of immigrant rights groups that sought to minimize—if not extinguish—the distinction between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. Nor is it only immigrants' rights groups that promote sanctuary cities. Business interests want a steady source of cheap, compliant and exploitable labor; the minions of the welfare state want to magnify their power by extending the largess of the administrative state to those who will, in all likelihood, take their place in the so-called "underclass."

Los Angeles' sanctuary policy, known as "Special Order 40," prevents police from arresting anyone based solely on their immigration status, or from notifying immigration officials about an illegal immigrant. In January 2004 Manhattan Institute scholar. Heather Mac Donald wrote that "dozens of gang members from Mara Salvatrucha, a ruthless Salvadoran gang, have sneaked back into town after having been deported for such crimes as murder, assault with a deadly weapon and drug trafficking. Police officers know who they are and know that their mere presence in the country after deportation is a felony. Yet if an LAPD officer arrests an illegal gang-banger for felonious reentry, it is the officer who will be treated as a criminal for violating an LAPD rule."

http://www.americanpatrol.com/FIGHTBACK/LASECESSION/SPECORD40LA121796.html

L.A. City Council to revisit Special Order 40.
Special Order 40 was issued on November 27, 1979 by the Los Angeles Police Department under a directive by the Los Angeles City Council. It forbids the LAPD from arresting someone for being in the country illegally AND it forbids the LAPD from COOPERATING with the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
This is the wording which pertains to cooperation.
"That no officer of the Los Angeles Police Department shall cooperate with the Immigration and Naturalization Service to: inquire into the immigration status of an individual, EXCEPT AND Unless (underlined in the text) required by city, county, state or federal law to inquire into the immigration status of an individual seeking LAPD employment."

2.0civic
07-04-2006, 09:57 PM
thats bullshit. Fucking illegals are running rampant in our country and mooch up our hard earned tax dollars while not contributing a cent(tax wise). I know someone is going to read this but i think if you are illegal and you get caught doing ANYTHING illegal, even rolling through a stopsign, you should go straight to deportation

GsrTurbo320
07-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I think, its all good..honestly..let them be. they aren't causing any harm in atlanta..i'ts the damn katrina folks!

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I think, its all good..honestly..let them be. they aren't causing any harm in atlanta..i'ts the damn katrina folks!

They aren't causing trouble, but they ARE using the hospitals, schools, government services for free without paying...while you are paying for them. Sorta makes you think, huh?

GsrTurbo320
07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
They aren't causing trouble, but they ARE using the hospitals, schools, government services for free without paying...while you are paying for them. Sorta makes you think, huh?

..well, damn ..Didn't think of this that way..that really sucks..we pay & they don't have to pay for shit..like that or eny of those taxes.

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
..well, damn ..Didn't think of this that way..that really sucks..we pay & they don't have to pay for shit..like that or eny of those taxes.

Correct. :)

Z0_o6
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
wait, so they get shit for free, and can't get caught except by the INS?? sign me up!

j/k deport the fuckers.

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
i wont agree or disagree but let the gov't do what they gotta do ..
you guys or myself do not have any power to actually stop all this ..

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 09:32 AM
i wont agree or disagree but let the gov't do what they gotta do ..
you guys or myself do not have any power to actually stop all this ..

Fuck, you sound just like a politician. Grow some balls and have an opinion! :)

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Fuck, you sound just like a politician. Grow some balls and have an opinion! :)

ok heres what i think about this whole non - us citizenship issue ..
you and i do not have the power to make words put into action ..

=P

babygurl
07-05-2006, 09:52 AM
OH lord....government needs to do something...btui they are too fucking lazy to get their nose out of bushs ass...

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 09:54 AM
OH lord....government needs to do something...btui they are too fucking lazy to get their nose out of bushs ass...

*hint* The current government didn't do this. Sanctuary Policies are products of the democrats who want the illegal immigrant vote. :)

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM

clinton > bush

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 09:56 AM
clinton > bush

Wrong... :jerkit:

Which makes sense as to why you don't want to give your opinion on Sanctuary Policies, yes?

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Wrong... :jerkit:

Which makes sense as to why you don't want to give your opinion on Sanctuary Policies, yes?

wrong .. :jerkit:

i made an opinion if you read above ..

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 10:06 AM
wrong .. :jerkit:

i made an opinion if you read above ..

No you didn't.

Just answer: Do you believe that they are right or wrong? It's a simple answer.

4dmin
07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
illegal = NO RIGHTS!!!

any hear about OPERATION RETURN TO SENDER ;) new task force hunting down illegals and shipping them home. i know so far they have captured roughly 300 and 1/3 of them were criminals including: sex offenders, theft, murder, etc...

LAND MINES + HUNGRY GUARD DOGS + SNIPER TOWERS = GOOD BYE!!!

soul
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
United States Communism 2010, lets do it!

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 10:18 AM
i say yes because i believe cops do not have the authority ..
we have other higher power authority to do so ..

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
illegal = NO RIGHTS!!!

any hear about OPERATION RETURN TO SENDER ;) new task force hunting down illegals and shipping them home. i know so far they have captured roughly 300 and 1/3 of them were criminals including: sex offenders, theft, murder, etc...

LAND MINES + HUNGRY GUARD DOGS + SNIPER TOWERS = GOOD BYE!!!

interesting where did you get this info from ..
i agree with this even though i am not a us-citizen ..
the bad ones make us good ones look bad ..

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
United States Communism 2010, lets do it!

please explain cause im not following ..

Ruiner
07-05-2006, 10:30 AM
i say yes because i believe cops do not have the authority ..
we have other higher power authority to do so ..

Wait, so you think that it is RIGHT that the local police have NO authority to report illegals to the federal government if they happen to run across them?

2.0civic
07-05-2006, 10:31 AM
funny thing is, put the shoe on the other foot...we fuck up in a country we arent citizens in, we will get the shaft

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Wait, so you think that it is RIGHT that the local police have NO authority to report illegals to the federal government if they happen to run across them?

yes ..

i do believe if they are involved in a big issue a report should be made ..
but if its some little stuff who cares ..
we have higher authority that deals with non us citizens ..

soul
07-05-2006, 10:54 AM
yes ..

i do believe if they are involved in a big issue a report should be made ..
but if its some little stuff who cares ..
we have higher authority that deals with non us citizens ..
Exactly why our country is decaying more and more, no one cares anymore

RandomGuy
07-05-2006, 10:58 AM
he isnt paying for them, he's one of the ones using them for free

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
he isnt paying for them, he's one of the ones using them for free

referring to who ??

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Exactly why our country is decaying more and more, no one cares anymore

seriously though i pay my tax i am not a us-citizen ..
you pay your tax and yet you guys argue and are mad about the non - us citizens ..
honestly i would complain about the gov't not doing there job ..
take out the bad ones and leave the good ones alone ..

TIGERJC
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I really dont care if illegals are here in the country, b/c the U.s. did it to themselves. Everything is ok when ppl can take advantage of ppl and once they are no longer cost effective they want to get rid them. If we can waste billions of dollar on b.s wars and other stupid projects, I think we can waste a few billion dollars on illegals without bashing an eyelid

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
I really dont care if illegals are here in the country, b/c the U.s. did it to themselves. Everything is ok when ppl can take advantage of ppl and once they are no longer cost effective they want to get rid them. If we can waste billions of dollar on b.s wars and other stupid projects, I think we can waste a few billion dollars on illegals without bashing an eyelid

tro0o0o ..

ShooterMcGavin
07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
seems like another dumbass "don't ask don't tell" policy to me.

{X}Echo419
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
seems like another dumbass "don't ask don't tell" policy to me.

sounds to me like another ex of people that have no rights being given "MORE" rights/privlages than the Legal Citizens of this country. :2up:

like this would happen anywhere else in the world. :lmfao:

SLow_POke
07-21-2006, 05:05 PM
first of me been a illegal immigrant at one point /.
Know Immigrants that do pay fuken pay taxes and dont get shit in return . Yes they got bad socials and shit to try and get a decent job, and didnt do it legally. but so what they work hard for the money. and ALOT OF THE TIMES with out getting tax returns .

i understand there criminals out there and what not, and agree if they find some one who is labeled "illegal alien" give them the boot . If it gets down to it why not ask for legal papers when AND only IF they are getting pulled over for selling drugs, drunk driving, braking the law.

i seen it happen more then once . when they pull over a mother or father, of a family that dont have legal documentation and get the boot back to there country. whos gonna provide for there kids. INS doesnt call there family telling them we deported your mom/dad, your under age tuff luck. ? they where doing fine not selling drugs, drunk driving, shoplifting, protitution, ect ect. trying to work hard a living.

more then half the people that it happens to are honest(except for the fake SS and or documents) hard working people, not illegal you fuken ignorant racist bitches.

You ask why I say you are RACIST. Because what would you do to a white man with felonies, drug dealer, and what not , send him to the fuken eastern country. and it is about RACE i dont a fuck what anyone else says