PDA

View Full Version : Misc Ps3

HatchMan
07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
$500,$600!!!!
Damn expensive!
I was thinking about getting one but at that price I don't think will.......

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/08/technology/ps3_pricing/index.htm

YokotaS13
07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
ill pay it....gladly more than xbox 360

MachNU
07-04-2006, 08:19 AM
HAHHA well look like Sony finally done with the gaming industry. With that price and its not as strong as the 360, then with Nintendo's Revolution coming out with a very small price tag, and still has alot of kick ass games, Sony's pretty much just shot itself in the ass!

JASONBALL
07-04-2006, 08:21 AM
it will change real quick. I don't think there done

blacknightteg
07-04-2006, 08:23 AM
how has it shot itself in the ass? they extended the release date like 2 times so that they could make sure that they could get all the bugs out of the systems. not to mention the graphics are supposed to be like a HELL of a lot better then the 360 so in my opinion it will probably be worth every penny, and besides i bet the price will come down like a hundred or 2 before release date. but by no means in my opinion are they done with it

Stormhammer
07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
^^ if they come down on the price any more they wont gain any net profit at all. They're actually expecting to loose alot of money and only expect to start gaining maybe 3 years after its release or something like that

btw - the Nintendo Revoluion is actually called the Wii lol

MachNU
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Okay...believe what you want, since you seem to like the PS over Xbox as is....

PLAYSTATION 3

CPU: Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
Total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU: RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound:

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)
Memory:

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth:

Main RAM -- 25.6GB/s
VRAM -- 22.4GB/s
RSX -- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB -- 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance:

2 TFLOPS
Storage:

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication:

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller:

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
Disc Media:

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

XBOX 360

Хboх 360 System Performance - Draft

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total
1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total
128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor 500 MHz
10 MB embedded DRAM
48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate 16 gigasamples per second fillrate using 4X MSAA

Shader Performance 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
700 MHz DDR
Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance 1 TFLOP

Storage Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive
12X dual-layer DVD-ROM
Memory unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O Support for up to 4 wireless game controllers
3 USB 2.0 ports
2 memory unit slots

Optimized for Online Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, Gamer Profile for digital identity and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music
Built in Ethernet Port
Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11 A, B and G
Video Camera Ready

Digital Media Support Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
Stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, Windows XP PCs
Rip music to Xbox 360 hard drive
Custom playlists in every game
Windows Media Center Extender built in
Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers

HD Game Support All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
Standard definition and high definition video output supported

Audio Multichannel surround sound output
Supports 48 KHz 16-bit audio
320 independent decompression channels
32-bit audio processing
Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates Interchangeable to personalize the console

It's 3:30 pm on Friday, May 20, the last day of E3. The fine PR folks from Microsoft, who invited us to their headquarters a week before E3 to show us their system, their specs, and the grand design behind their powerful new Xbox 360, have just sent us an urgent notice to update our specs with new information. Earlier in the day, we were sent a comparative analysis of the Xbox 360's power vs. the PlayStation 3's power.

We decided to put this Microsoft-provided information up undigested. Thus, enclosed is a Microsoft-made comparitive analysis. We have not altered, added, or tinkered with the data. We have not interpreted the specs. We have cut and pasted this information from the email into our site and formatted it. Make of it what you will, but be clear we know Microsoft has clearly slanted this info, and we're not endorsing it, just printing their version. There is a difference.

XBOX 360 / PLAYSTATION 3 PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

SUMMARY
Now that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 specifications have been announced, it is possible to do a real world performance comparison of the two systems.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

Memory System Bandwidth

The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

The Xbox 360's CPU has more general purpose processing power because it has three general purpose cores, and Cell has just one.

Cell's claimed advantage is on streaming floating point work which is done on its seven DSP processors.

The Xbox 360 GPU has more processing power than the PS3's. In addition, its innovated features contribute to overall rendering performance.

Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

CONCLUSION
When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

Now in my opinion its Sony and they wont drop the price that much becuase they dont want to wait for profits, so odds are they are done!!!!! becuase not manye are going to pay 400 or 500 for a base system!

StupidBikerBoy
07-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Ps2 wooped Xbox's ass in sales before and it was way less powerful also.

There's more to it than the numbers.

I'll be buying the PS3.

Xan
07-07-2006, 05:51 AM
It'll come down to the games. More importantly the exclusive titles for each system. As it stands, Xbox 360 has ZERO games worth playing that are ONLY on the Xbox 360. Every other game on that console can be found on PC or elswhere. While graphics are important, I value gameplay above all else. The Wii looks to deliver, as always with Nintendo, in spades. I'll be buying a PS3 for MGS4 and Gran Tourismo. I'm not touching an Xbox until I'm confident it won't burn my house down.

bdydrpdmazda
07-07-2006, 06:26 AM
xbox360>all.....The original xbox was ten times the system that the ps2 was. when it comes to games its quality not quantity. I had a ps2 simply for gran turismo but every other game I bought was for my xbox, the graphics are better and the gameplay is better, the reason it sold more is because people were afraid to invest in a new system that was just getting started or because everyone already had a ps2 and werent fortunate enough to be able to buy both. I bought the xbox360 the day it came out and its amazing. As far as exclusive titles, microsoft is currently developing alot of new ones to counter the exclusives that the ps2 has, which arent many now that final fantasy and grand theft auto are available for the xbox and xbox360.

bdydrpdmazda
07-07-2006, 06:28 AM
It'll come down to the games. More importantly the exclusive titles for each system. As it stands, Xbox 360 has ZERO games worth playing that are ONLY on the Xbox 360. Every other game on that console can be found on PC or elswhere. While graphics are important, I value gameplay above all else. The Wii looks to deliver, as always with Nintendo, in spades. I'll be buying a PS3 for MGS4 and Gran Tourismo. I'm not touching an Xbox until I'm confident it won't burn my house down.

What are these exclusive titles that you speak of that make the PS2 so great that you cant buy for the XBOX or PC? Nintendo sux too, they havent had ANYTHING worth buying since the N64, handhelds included.

rolling_trip
07-07-2006, 06:59 AM
I will buy the PS3 with no regrets. and i don't expect Sony going anywhere but up in the near future.

Xan
07-07-2006, 08:20 AM
What are these exclusive titles that you speak of that make the PS2 so great that you cant buy for the XBOX or PC? Nintendo sux too, they havent had ANYTHING worth buying since the N64, handhelds included.

Gran Tourismo and Metal Gear 4 will be PS3 exclusives. I'll buy a PS3 for these 2 games alone because I love both of them. I never said that the PS3 was going to be "great" as you put it. Only time will tell. I may buy a 360, but I am going to wait for Gears of War and Cold Planet or whatever it's called before I make that decision. Simply put, I used to work at a videogame store and frequent them often. 2 out of every 3 360's they sold were returned for defects and all 3 display 360's they set out fried within 2 days. The system is shit. Nintendo has their target audience, which is kids, and they know how to reach them. The Wii will be the next step in interactive gaming and it will sell out. It may not have the best graphics, but it will have the funnest games. The new DS Lite is loads of fun IMO. It may have N64 graphics, but the games are fun.

Answer this. What games for the 360 can you NOT find elsewhere?

ClipseGST
07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
From all of my reading and general knowledge of the gaming marketplace, I think that Nintendo will make the greatest impact in this market. W/ the Wii, they are marketing it to everyone, especially to households. If it's something that everyone can use and enjoy, then it'll have widespread success. Then I think the 360 will come into 2nd place. Unfortunately the PS3 will kill sony. They are already having problems and terrible reviews for their Blu-Ray technology. If sony stayed w/ the DVD w/ the PS3, they would be a formidable competition, but instead their are overran w/ high costs and terrible performance.

bdydrpdmazda
07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Forza Motorsport, Halo and Gears of war will be coming soon, also a title coming out really soon to rival Grand Theft Auto and looks to be a much better and more in depth game.

GhettoChan
07-11-2006, 12:38 AM
cant wait....

Elbow
07-11-2006, 07:31 AM
i'm buying a ps3

1000cckiller
07-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Gran Tourismo and Metal Gear 4 will be PS3 exclusives. I'll buy a PS3 for these 2 games alone because I love both of them. I never said that the PS3 was going to be "great" as you put it. Only time will tell. I may buy a 360, but I am going to wait for Gears of War and Cold Planet or whatever it's called before I make that decision. Simply put, I used to work at a videogame store and frequent them often. 2 out of every 3 360's they sold were returned for defects and all 3 display 360's they set out fried within 2 days. The system is shit. Nintendo has their target audience, which is kids, and they know how to reach them. The Wii will be the next step in interactive gaming and it will sell out. It may not have the best graphics, but it will have the funnest games. The new DS Lite is loads of fun IMO. It may have N64 graphics, but the games are fun.

Answer this. What games for the 360 can you NOT find elsewhere?gee whiz only the first set of 360 where returned for that problem, I havent had any problems with mine. I will get a ps3 but it is only for 4 games. Would rather keep the 360

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I like the convienence of having both so Ill get one to go with my 360 that I already have.

Xan
07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
gee whiz only the first set of 360 where returned for that problem, I havent had any problems with mine. I will get a ps3 but it is only for 4 games. Would rather keep the 360

The design is getting better, but they are still having problems with power supplies and hard-drives crapping out. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the 360. The system has loads of potential even though none of it has been harnessed yet(The online capabilities are phenomenal though). Gears of war is the only drop-dead gorgeous next-gen experience(Even though it's just gonna be another classic go here kill shit go there kill shit Cliffy experience) in store for the 360 and we've been waiting on it for 2 years. It's the people saying that the 360 whoops the PS3's ass and that the PS3 sucks donkey balls when the system hasn't even appeared hands-on that pisses me off. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions though. I'll buy a Wii before I buy any of them.:yes:

NewGen33
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Isn't sony just shipping 200,000 the first year? Thats around 4,000 per state.

4dmin
07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
PS3 is going to bomb... price + time frame + software + competitive hardware...

Nintendo is launching its new system which by far has a more superior controller setup (which sony stole)... it will not only be cheaper but nintendo has always had a long list of classics that are propriatary to nintendo. You will be able to download all of the classics to your new Wii system.

Xbox is awaiting to launch both Halo3 and Forza 2 which are two of the strongest titles for Xbox; all along w/ dropping the price of the console. It has already taken a nice strong hold of the current buying market and i wouldn't expect them to stop. Anyone who can publicly announce they are loosing a billion a year and have no problem doing so is going to be tuff to beat. Microsoft isn't going for 2nd place. ;)

Over all i think PS3 will be a good console but i think w/ them it is too little too late. I will enjoy my 360 and the new Wii once its launched. With most of the major titles selling on both platforms paying extra for a PS3 is just dumb.

MachNU
07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
PS3 is going to bomb... price + time frame + software + competitive hardware...

Nintendo is launching its new system which by far has a more superior controller setup (which sony stole)... it will not only be cheaper but nintendo has always had a long list of classics that are propriatary to nintendo. You will be able to download all of the classics to your new Wii system.

Xbox is awaiting to launch both Halo3 and Forza 2 which are two of the strongest titles for Xbox; all along w/ dropping the price of the console. It has already taken a nice strong hold of the current buying market and i wouldn't expect them to stop. Anyone who can publicly announce they are loosing a billion a year and have no problem doing so is going to be tuff to beat. Microsoft isn't going for 2nd place. ;)

Over all i think PS3 will be a good console but i think w/ them it is too little too late. I will enjoy my 360 and the new Wii once its launched. With most of the major titles selling on both platforms paying extra for a PS3 is just dumb.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS AND GOLDENEYE FTMFW!!!!!! :bump: :bump:

4dmin
07-11-2006, 01:06 PM
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS AND GOLDENEYE FTMFW!!!!!! :bump: :bump:

no shit dog i can't wait: Zelda, 007, Paperboy, Super Mario 2-3, Mario cart, etc..

MachNU
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
no shit dog i can't wait: Zelda, 007, Paperboy, Super Mario 2-3, Mario cart, etc..

shit for me its only Goldeneye, Super Smash Brothers, and the orginal Perfect Dark!!!!!! :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I dont know anything about this new nintendo system, Ive havent really kept up with nintendo, all there exclusive titles have always seemed to kiddy based for my taste, after the original playstation came out I was done with nintendo. Like I said though I dont know anything about the new nintendo offering to the gaming world.

MachNU
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I dont know anything about this new nintendo system, Ive havent really kept up with nintendo, all there exclusive titles have always seemed to kiddy based for my taste, after the original playstation came out I was done with nintendo. Like I said though I dont know anything about the new nintendo offering to the gaming world.

dude what are you talking about alot of todays greatest games all started from Nintendo. Hell even today no FPS game can beat the orginal Goldeneye 007. Just like no rpg can ever beat FF7. Alot of todays greats all come from the help of nintendo!!!!

4dmin
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM

they have always been more kid oriented but i think the huge difference is the game play... i will pick up any old nintendo game at any time compared to a new game on any console... i just can't get enough of the classics no matter how many times you play them.

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
super nintendo FTW, it was a marvel in its time and I still love that system.

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 01:27 PM
dude what are you talking about alot of todays greatest games all started from Nintendo. Hell even today no FPS game can beat the orginal Goldeneye 007. Just like no rpg can ever beat FF7. Alot of todays greats all come from the help of nintendo!!!!

I was merely referring to the last couple consoles from nintendo and theyre current state. Old school nintendo is what made all of the gaming world what it is today and when other systems started to come out, I.E. playstation and dreamcast, they were all trying to get one up on nintendo. The Gamecube was GAY. And all the really good titles on it were available on other systems. The remake they did of Metal Gear Solid was the shizzle though.

dartingd
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
nintendo wii ftw! there are a lot of non-kiddie games coming out for this system, which can all be viewed at nintendo's website (red steel is one of my favorites)...also, they're coming out with excitetruck i think it's called, which should be a blast...and on the ps3...it'll be more powerful than 360 just cause of the blue ray laser or w/e its called...holds a ton more memory on the discs...but then again, games will be more expensive prolly....nintendo is def. the best buy imo..360 next MAYBE if their titles get better...ps3 last just cause of the price tag....

bdydrpdmazda
07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
the titles on the 360 arent looking astonishing right now cause its the only next gen console out right now, third party game makers cant afford to make two sepperate games and still make a profit, werd on the street is that they finally stopped making games for the xbox though so things should start to get better for the 360.

MachNU
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
the titles on the 360 arent looking astonishing right now cause its the only next gen console out right now, third party game makers cant afford to make two sepperate games and still make a profit, werd on the street is that they finally stopped making games for the xbox though so things should start to get better for the 360.

yep thats true there are not going to be many new Xbox games anymore, they have stop procesing them. But you also have to think, people bash 360 for its titles so far, but yet its not even been out a full year. They jsut finished getting all the bugs out of the system...which is a good thing...and know they are pushing major titles. Another new NFS game coming coon Forza 2 (kickass) coming soon, and Halo 3 (going to suck just as bad as number 2) coming out soon, along with tons and tons of other games. Wii is going ot be a msut have, shit i am going to get one, but PS3 is a waste of money. To dam expensive for everything, and not as powerful as the 360. so....

4dmin
07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
yep thats true there are not going to be many new Xbox games anymore, they have stop procesing them. But you also have to think, people bash 360 for its titles so far, but yet its not even been out a full year. They jsut finished getting all the bugs out of the system...which is a good thing...and know they are pushing major titles. Another new NFS game coming coon Forza 2 (kickass) coming soon, and Halo 3 (going to suck just as bad as number 2) coming out soon, along with tons and tons of other games. Wii is going ot be a msut have, shit i am going to get one, but PS3 is a waste of money. To dam expensive for everything, and not as powerful as the 360. so....

you have to remember games like Grand Theft carried PS2 to its level of status.... Xbox never had a chance to compete b/c of it being so new, but it was by far a better machine; just lacking software. Online play for Xbox is so large you can't even compare sony to it... and now w/ Grand Theft, Final Fantasy, and more games coming over sony is going to be in for the fight of their life to keep their status as #1. like i said before Microsoft as openly said they are fine w/ loosing more money and sony isn't in that position so they better come out bigger better and stronger then ever if they plan on competing w/ the rest.... nintendo is going to stay alive b/c of the low price and the proprietary games. but i wouldn't be surprised to see them start to make software for other consoles in the years to come.... the market is tuff right now w/ sony/microsoft on top :goodjob:

TeeJay
07-11-2006, 03:16 PM
wth did i read somebody say paperboy?? holy shit!!

Greddypacked
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I talked w/ a dude from Gamespot and he said it will take about a year for the 360's great games and titles to come out as well as the Ps3 when it comes out. I love the playstation games better but i hope ps3 comes out w/ a better online play.

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
eh who said the xbox 360 is more powerful than the ps3? thats just absurd. Do a full read up on exactly how the chipsets and architecture works in both and you'll see just how powerful the ps3 is. Here is the issue with the ps3 is that its easier to program to utilize most of its potential. to use all of it is extremely complicated in the programming.

Also whoever stated that the xbox 360 is getting final fantasy. its only getting ffXI. not any other FF title. Also there will be no charge for the sony ps3 online play, unless the game title requires a sub such as FFXI does.

Were talking about game titles etc but i hope you all know that the US saw only about 30% of the ps1 games made, and about 50% of the ps2 ones made. There are alot of extremely great games that they never braught to the US.

and yes.. paperboy was the shit.. i miss my amiga 500

blacknightteg
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
i dont think sony is coming out with the ps3 too little to late like paul says. in all honestly i think they did the smart thing. microsoft shortened the release date so that they could get the 360 out before christmas so they could start making bank, the down side to that was the fact that they didnt get alot of the bugs out before they released it. same thing happened with the original, that shit crashed alot for people when it first came out. sony on the other hand extended its release date to not only perfect the graphics even more and the operating system. but, they also did so in order to get all or atleast most of the kinks out in order to not have to deal with problems like the 360 did. i think the ps3 is going to take the gaming industry by storm and take it away from the 360

while the wii will have its own audience and wont really have to worry to much cuz nintendo knows people will buy it just cus its an nintendo

MachNU
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
i dont think sony is coming out with the ps3 too little to late like paul says. in all honestly i think they did the smart thing. microsoft shortened the release date so that they could get the 360 out before christmas so they could start making bank, the down side to that was the fact that they didnt get alot of the bugs out before they released it. same thing happened with the original, that shit crashed alot for people when it first came out. sony on the other hand extended its release date to not only perfect the graphics even more and the operating system. but, they also did so in order to get all or atleast most of the kinks out in order to not have to deal with problems like the 360 did. i think the ps3 is going to take the gaming industry by storm and take it away from the 360

while the wii will have its own audience and wont really have to worry to much cuz nintendo knows people will buy it just cus its an nintendo

wrong they didnt just hold off on the release date for the PS3 to get all the kinks out, they held off to see what Microsoft came out with and to go through there system to see what they are up against and try to get a 1 up ont he Xbox!

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
wrong they didnt just hold off on the release date for the PS3 to get all the kinks out, they held off to see what Microsoft came out with and to go through there system to see what they are up against and try to get a 1 up ont he Xbox!

uhm wrong. the ps3 has been in development for as long as the xbox360. and the specs on it havnt changed since the release of the xbox360.

The design of the ps3 since the start was already up on the xbox.

MachNU
07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
uhm wrong. the ps3 has been in development for as long as the xbox360. and the specs on it havnt changed since the release of the xbox360.

The design of the ps3 since the start was already up on the xbox.

wrong you dont understand!!! When each starts at the same time they each release specs at the same time. But those specs are completely different by the time the final product comes out, becuase it would be stupid if each side realeased its final products for the others to go over. So Sony holds back a year "to get the kinks out" but then about 3 or 4 months after 360, you hear of new spec sheets for Sony. They waited to see what 360 would do and if they can match and beat it. But if they do that brings them a higher price tag and such.

So i am pretty sure that Sony is not going tobe able to complete against Wii and the 360 seeing as how it has a 1 year head start!!!!!

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah but their spec sheet hasnt changed since the release.

MachNU
07-11-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah but their spec sheet hasnt changed since the release.

yes it has, it got a bit larger....they added a few things and upgraded a few things from the ORIGNAL specs, but thats bound to happen, but i found it funny that a new list came out only a few months after 360.

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
show me this list of "upgrades" ive been following it forever.

in terms of larger. they actually pulled one cell out.

unless you mean physical size which means nothing

MachNU
07-11-2006, 10:55 PM
show me this list of "upgrades" ive been following it forever.

in terms of larger. they actually pulled one cell out.

unless you mean physical size which means nothing

it would be hard to find a ORIGINAL spec lsit from over a year ago with all the new ones that where upgraded!

DemonEyez
07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
ive been following news on the ps3 since the xbox 360 launch for this and that kinda criticism. the specs havnt changed. only thing that has been announced since then was the HD size and prices.

other than physical announcements and packaging etc.

Nippon
07-12-2006, 12:44 AM
little known fact:

Did you know that the conception of the playstation was brought about in part by Nintendo? The playstation was originally going to be dubbed the Nintendo playstation. Unfortunately due to nintendo's unwillingness to create a platform based on CD technology (early 90's) they wanted to drop the project. Ken Kutaragi (chief playstation engineer) was so enraged that he literaly presented the idea in an un-official conversation behind closed doors with the CEO of sony. This was such a last minute change that even Nintendo did not know about it. The change took place less than a day before the playstations first public viewing at an electronics convention in Japan.

I watched the documentary on G4.

Just to demonstrate, at times, how fickle the gaming industry can be. You never really know whats going on until you see it on store shelves an in your home or someone elses. No one spoke of the problems the X360 were soon to encounter before its launch. Apart from specs... everything else is pure speculation. Hell... even specs are subject to speculation.

Xan
07-12-2006, 05:49 AM
wrong you dont understand!!! When each starts at the same time they each release specs at the same time. But those specs are completely different by the time the final product comes out, becuase it would be stupid if each side realeased its final products for the others to go over. So Sony holds back a year "to get the kinks out" but then about 3 or 4 months after 360, you hear of new spec sheets for Sony. They waited to see what 360 would do and if they can match and beat it. But if they do that brings them a higher price tag and such.

So i am pretty sure that Sony is not going tobe able to complete against Wii and the 360 seeing as how it has a 1 year head start!!!!!

1 year head start means nothing. Keep in mind we haven't seen a launch list for PS3. You can't call for the abortion just yet.:goodjob:

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Whats the estimated realease for the Wii or has it been stated yet. Will it be released close enough to the PS3s release or cost enough to even be a contender. If it is only a couple hundered dollards when it comes out I think pretty much every gamer will be trying to get a piece. Launch price is one of the biggest factors in a systems success and the prise that the PS3 is lookin at dont look good.

dartingd
07-12-2006, 07:18 AM
from my understanding, the release date is going to maybe be in october, but could be in september just because their production is ahead of schedule...and i think the release price is 250...imma try and get a couple to throw on ebay...

4dmin
07-12-2006, 07:35 AM
lol this thread is getting funny.... Sony totaly prolonged their launch b/c they couldn't get the job done in time... they wanted to see what Xbox came out w/ and from there they knew they would have to build upon. With the software makers making dual platform software the future for sony is on shaky ground. Lets talk about their online system... XBOX OWNS!!! then sony takes nintendos technology for the controller setup - lol

you guys sound like you've never owned a xbox or a 360... i've had every console at some point in time and xbox is awesome it blew ps2 out of the water but lacked software support... PS3 is going to be a good system b/c it is Sony, but it is too little to late... the price is too high and why would i buy another console if i can get the same games on my 360? Wii is a better choice and the new controller setup in action is amazing.

if i'm not mistaken wasn't PS3 supposed to come out last May w/ HALO3... lol Microsoft has plans for dropping Halo3 + Forza + a price drop on hardware in this same time period. PS3 FTL!!! :yes:

MachNU
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Yep, the sad thing is, even Microsoft has said that they are going to underhand SOny. They are holding the Halo 3 and Forza for the same day that PS3 releases, jsut to hurt there sells becuase if those games eahc came out within days of PS3 if not the same day, no one is going to want to buy that $500-600 system when they have 2 great new games to play, which some take awhile to beat and have alot of game play to go through with.

Also i heard the same thing abou Wii that it was going to be Early November for Christmas rush! :dunno:

But i am not being biase i have owned every sytem starting from Sega and Super Nintendo to N64, Gensis(sp), PS1, PS2 and Xbox and 360!!!! So shit i like them each but i am not going to buy tons of expensive system if one has all the same games for each other. I mean you do realize that alot of PS only games are selling rights to Microsoft.....so jsut wait soon Sony wont have any games that they hold the rights only to unless they make it!

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Microsoft has already started taking sonys games with the addition of final fantasy, some might say that its the only one that will be released on the xbox 360 but Im just not believing that to be true, I traded in my PS2 when the XBOX came out cause I knew it would be the shit. Microsoft is already working on there great line of exclusive titles and its only a matter of time before sony ends up like sega.

DREAMCAST FTW!!!

On another note, I just picked up a super nintendo with ten games off ebay for 15 bucks!!!!SWEET

4dmin
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep, the sad thing is, even Microsoft has said that they are going to underhand SOny. They are holding the Halo 3 and Forza for the same day that PS3 releases, jsut to hurt there sells becuase if those games eahc came out within days of PS3 if not the same day, no one is going to want to buy that $500-600 system when they have 2 great new games to play, which some take awhile to beat and have alot of game play to go through with.

Also i heard the same thing abou Wii that it was going to be Early November for Christmas rush! :dunno:

But i am not being biase i have owned every sytem starting from Sega and Super Nintendo to N64, Gensis(sp), PS1, PS2 and Xbox and 360!!!! So shit i like them each but i am not going to buy tons of expensive system if one has all the same games for each other. I mean you do realize that alot of PS only games are selling rights to Microsoft.....so jsut wait soon Sony wont have any games that they hold the rights only to unless they make it!

Ya they are just asking too much... i think sony should of done the whole full entertainment theatre w/ their system... i know they released a home theatre version of PS2 in japan, it came w/ surround sound and everything i thought. that would be worth 500$ but its pointless to own 2 systems if you can get the same titles. but i'm getting a Wii i can't wait to sit infront of my big screen sword swinging w/ the new controller :D

there aren't any games on PS2 that Xbox doesn't have anyway... we got FORZA which blows any racing game away, we got HALO, we got Grand Theft, we got Call of Duty, we got Madden, etc... :goodjob:

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I need to do some research on this Wii, I dont know shit about it but it sounds like its gonna be a hit.

4dmin
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I need to do some research on this Wii, I dont know shit about it but it sounds like its gonna be a hit.

read up on this: http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=55531

this shit is going to OWN!!! :cheers:

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 10:01 AM
That thing looks sweet, I hope Im still in Alaska when it comes out so it will be easier to get one. It looks graphically amazing. I had no idea about the motion sensored controllers, sounds like they have really put a new twist on the gaming world. I definately dont see it being like the power glove, just look at some of the light guns that were released for our last generation of systems, now they are just making so the screen moves too. The future doesnt look bright for Sony. If they are having to charge so much money for the PS3 on release then it will be a very long time before the price drops down to where people will actually want to buy it and then they will be taking a big hit in the ass and it will deem the PS3 as a burden on Sony. I dont see alot of parents spending more than 300-400 bucks for a system that is too complicated for theyre children to operate, Im 22 and my 360 still has too much shit for me to figure out so I can only imagine what the PS3 is gonna be like. Looks like Nintendo has the right idea this time around though.

MachNU
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Ya they are just asking too much... i think sony should of done the whole full entertainment theatre w/ their system... i know they released a home theatre version of PS2 in japan, it came w/ surround sound and everything i thought. that would be worth 500$ but its pointless to own 2 systems if you can get the same titles. but i'm getting a Wii i can't wait to sit infront of my big screen sword swinging w/ the new controller :D

there aren't any games on PS2 that Xbox doesn't have anyway... we got FORZA which blows any racing game away, we got HALO, we got Grand Theft, we got Call of Duty, we got Madden, etc... :goodjob:

hell yeah i always said the same thing.....i thought that the PS2 and such was mostly geared toward Like a Home Ent. System...that they put more thought into playing music and movies then they did games...:dunno:

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
hell yeah i always said the same thing.....i thought that the PS2 and such was mostly geared toward Like a Home Ent. System...that they put more thought into playing music and movies then they did games...:dunno:

The Xbox still tops the playstation in the department too.

DemonEyez
07-12-2006, 02:08 PM
sigh for the last time. the only final fantasy titelt he xbox is getting is 11. and they wanted it that way to expand their online community. no other final fantasy title will be on any platform other than the playstation.

4dmin
07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
sigh for the last time. the only final fantasy titelt he xbox is getting is 11. and they wanted it that way to expand their online community. no other final fantasy title will be on any platform other than the playstation.

ok so there will never EVER be another final fantasy on xbox or 360? right :lmfao:

lol we'll see about this... just like Grand Theft Series... $$$ <<< is what talks in the business world and Microsoft has more than anyone else to play w/... you forget they own the software market. i wouldn't be surprise to find out Gates himself is one of the top share holders of Sony Stock. :goodjob:

MachNU
07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
ok so there will never EVER be another final fantasy on xbox or 360? right :lmfao:

lol we'll see about this... just like Grand Theft Series... $$$ <<< is what talks in the business world and Microsoft has more than anyone else to play w/... you forget they own the software market. i wouldn't be surprise to find out Gates himself is one of the top share holders of Sony Stock. :goodjob:

Shit what do you think they did int he first place SquareNix saw a way to make more money by selling rights to Mircosoft for FF11, and if they figure they can make more money they can sell other rights to them!

DemonEyez
07-12-2006, 02:21 PM

problem with ur logic about GTS is that its not nearly as big as the final fantasy series was is or ever will be.

Your thinking US market.

DemonEyez
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Shit what do you think they did int he first place SquareNix saw a way to make more money by selling rights to Mircosoft for FF11, and if they figure they can make more money they can sell other rights to them!

completely different.

selling a few one time games is nothing compared to their revenue of 15 a month per account.

JackBauer
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
i already gots teh ps3 fools

4dmin
07-12-2006, 02:47 PM
problem with ur logic about GTS is that its not nearly as big as the final fantasy series was is or ever will be.

Your thinking US market.

oh ok... wow were talking JAPAN market? i forgot we live in JAPAN :lmfao:

dude that is the dumbest thing you've said so far... who gives a fuck about JAPAN? really... Nintendo has a better share in Japan then Xbox :lmfao: this thread is taking a serious turn for the worst :police:

who gives a fuck what market we are discussing can Sony take a billion dollar loss each year on their console.... NO :no: can they sell their consoles under R&D cost like xbox... NO :no:.

MachNU
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
completely different.

selling a few one time games is nothing compared to their revenue of 15 a month per account.

Dude liek you said int he one above of course the FF series has a better stand in the market thats becuase it has been around for what 13 years or so, and Grand theft what only maybe 8 or so. I mean come on.

Also SquareNix wont sell anymore right soff becuase there is only one more game coming out, they have alreayd annoonced that they are stoping after 12. So Sony better be able to go out with a bang becuase after 12 they really dont have much to offer...other than MGS which to me was a really shitty game in the first place!

bdydrpdmazda
07-12-2006, 02:57 PM
oh ok... wow were talking JAPAN market? i forgot we live in JAPAN :lmfao:

dude that is the dumbest thing you've said so far... who gives a fuck about JAPAN? really... Nintendo has a better share in Japan then Xbox :lmfao: this thread is taking a serious turn for the worst :police:

who gives a fuck what market we are discussing can Sony take a billion dollar loss each year on their console.... NO :no: can they sell their consoles under R&D cost like xbox... NO :no:.

Thats exactly what I was saying earlier. In order for the PS3 to move off the shelves like sont needs it to, they are gonna have to drop the price down so low that they will go bankrupt.(I dont mean all of Sony will go bankrupt, just the funding for the playstation 3)

speedminded
07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I just wanna build my simulator and play Gran Turismo HD!

I want two of them side by side: comfortable racing seat, base shakers, 5.1 surround, & a crisp LCD screen. Maybe even all of it in a formula cockpit or chopped up car shell. :)

DemonEyez
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Dude liek you said int he one above of course the FF series has a better stand in the market thats becuase it has been around for what 13 years or so, and Grand theft what only maybe 8 or so. I mean come on.

Also SquareNix wont sell anymore right soff becuase there is only one more game coming out, they have alreayd annoonced that they are stoping after 12. So Sony better be able to go out with a bang becuase after 12 they really dont have much to offer...other than MGS which to me was a really shitty game in the first place!

uhm ff13 is already in development also.

and no we dont live in japan but i mentioned your thinking US market <--talking to admin because sony wont decide its world wide market decisions based on a single market.

Either way theres really no point to discussing any of this until the ps3 is actually launched.

4dmin
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I just wanna build my simulator and play Gran Turismo HD!

I want two of them side by side: comfortable racing seat, base shakers, 5.1 surround, & a crisp LCD screen. Maybe even all of it in a formula cockpit or chopped up car shell. :)

GT doesn't touch Forza... Foraz 2 FTW :D

bdydrpdmazda
07-13-2006, 02:05 AM
GT doesn't touch Forza... Foraz 2 FTW :D

Nothing touches Forza. GT4 might have 1,000,000 cars but how many Ford Focus' do you really need. Forza doesnt have the abundance of cars GT4 has but the selection is still huge and its getting bigger with the second round of Forza. Almost every car in Forza is a bad ass car too. Forza Motorsport removes all the dumbshit the GT4 has and improves the graphics, cars and tracks, whats not to love.:thinking: :dunno:

speedminded
07-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Nothing touches Forza. GT4 might have 1,000,000 cars but how many Ford Focus' do you really need. Forza doesnt have the abundance of cars GT4 has but the selection is still huge and its getting bigger with the second round of Forza. Almost every car in Forza is a bad ass car too. Forza Motorsport removes all the dumbshit the GT4 has and improves the graphics, cars and tracks, whats not to love.:thinking: :dunno:I'm talkin about GT HD, i don't like the driving physics on GT4. Hopefully the HD ("GT5") will be more like 3 :2cents: ...as for all the cars, who hasn't rocked the Autumn Mini with a 17hp Fiat 500 :D

Does Forza have damage? I got t-boned at like 140mph the other day on GT4 and all it did was catapault my car about 4 miles down the track and i drive off...thats not exactly realistic :tongue:

MachNU
07-13-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm talkin about GT HD, i don't like the driving physics on GT4. Hopefully the HD ("GT5") will be more like 3 :2cents: ...as for all the cars, who hasn't rocked the Autumn Mini with a 17hp Fiat 500 :D

Does Forza have damage? I got t-boned at like 140mph the other day on GT4 and all it did was catapault my car about 4 miles down the track and i drive off...thats not exactly realistic :tongue:

Forza is a real life simulator game. So if you got T-Boned at 140...trust me your going to have alot o problems moving around if being able to at all.

Xan
07-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm talkin about GT HD, i don't like the driving physics on GT4. Hopefully the HD ("GT5") will be more like 3 :2cents: ...as for all the cars, who hasn't rocked the Autumn Mini with a 17hp Fiat 500 :D

GT is a driving sim. Not a crash sim. Also, polls were done and GT beat Forza in terms of realism when it came to physics and such. Forza's a great game, but it's not GT. I hope they do more with Tourist Trophy next time around.

As for Demoneyez's "market" comment. Couldn't agree more. PS3 already has a market in Japan. If blueray takes off the way Sony predicts then Sony now sells the cheapest Blueray reader on the market as well. XBox bombed in Japan and 360 isn't doing much better.

Lastly, Final Fantasy will never die out. It may not be the same team working on every game, but the name makes money. Just like Metal Gear.

I'll most likely end up buying all three systems. Although, it would be neat if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all came together and made one badass system that plays all the games or something crazy like that.

4dmin
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
GT is a driving sim. Not a crash sim. Also, polls were done and GT beat Forza in terms of realism when it came to physics and such. Forza's a great game, but it's not GT. I hope they do more with Tourist Trophy next time around.

As for Demoneyez's "market" comment. Couldn't agree more. PS3 already has a market in Japan. If blueray takes off the way Sony predicts then Sony now sells the cheapest Blueray reader on the market as well. XBox bombed in Japan and 360 isn't doing much better.

Lastly, Final Fantasy will never die out. It may not be the same team working on every game, but the name makes money. Just like Metal Gear.

I'll most likely end up buying all three systems. Although, it would be neat if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all came together and made one badass system that plays all the games or something crazy like that.

i've played both and i like forza better.

it is not doubt sony owns the market in japan... orginal Xbox sold 22 million units... only 500,000 in japan :goodjob: so that is basically 20+ million here in the states. you have remember what is released in japan 1/2 the time won't make it here. game selection. 360 got the jump w/ an estimated 10 million sold before release of PS3... then PS3 has to battle nintendo on release. Its going to be a hard road for Sony w/ such a high price tag. Sorry but not many people are going to be willing to spend 600$ on a console before buying any games, accer...

speedminded
07-13-2006, 10:59 AM

it is not doubt sony owns the market in japan... orginal Xbox sold 22 million units... only 500,000 in japan :goodjob: so that is basically 20+ million here in the states. you have remember what is released in japan 1/2 the time won't make it here. game selection. 360 got the jump w/ an estimated 10 million sold before release of PS3... then PS3 has to battle nintendo on release. Its going to be a hard road for Sony w/ such a high price tag. Sorry but not many people are going to be willing to spend 600$ on a console before buying any games, accer...It's sony though, maybe they want to step it up a notch and focus on a higher end consumer :dunno: Besides, the price will come down eventually so no big deal. I'm a Sony whore, if only i could find a hot female sony executive :D

Xan
07-13-2006, 11:12 AM

it is not doubt sony owns the market in japan... orginal Xbox sold 22 million units... only 500,000 in japan :goodjob: so that is basically 20+ million here in the states. you have remember what is released in japan 1/2 the time won't make it here. game selection. 360 got the jump w/ an estimated 10 million sold before release of PS3... then PS3 has to battle nintendo on release. Its going to be a hard road for Sony w/ such a high price tag. Sorry but not many people are going to be willing to spend 600$ on a console before buying any games, accer...

You're probably right, but I'm not going to underestimate the market. $600 is still speculative, so it may go down. Of course it could go up. We'll have to wait and see. I think we'll be seeing more of the Japanese game market coming over here this time around. With the success of katamari and other off the wall games like it(Gitaroo Man is tons of fun if you can find it), I don't see why they wouldn't. It's hard to judge how much of an impact releasing the Wii and PS3 around the same time will have on each of their sales. With the Wii priced between $200-250 at launch, I wouldn't be surprised if people got both(I know I am). Regardless, I hope both do well.

bdydrpdmazda
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
If sony, nintendo and microsoft all came together it would be the worst thing ever for gamers like us. we need them to compete with eachother in order to keep things interesting. there is no other sytems then there is no reason to go all out because you are guaranteed to sell your system to anybody that wants to play video games.

speedminded
07-13-2006, 03:35 PM
If sony, nintendo and microsoft all came together it would be the worst thing ever for gamers like us. we need them to compete with eachother in order to keep things interesting. there is no other sytems then there is no reason to go all out because you are guaranteed to sell your system to anybody that wants to play video games.A monopoly like that would result in them charging whatever they wanted for the system, games, and accessories....competition is what keeps the prices at what they are now.

bdydrpdmazda
07-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Anybody know what the launch title lineup will look like on November 17 when the PS3 hits shelves?

Polish0017
07-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Anybody know what the launch title lineup will look like on November 17 when the PS3 hits shelves?

It's not looking all that strong. Assassin's Creed is the only game that Sony has really shown us. I'm a Sony boy born and raised but the PS3 is already looking like a flop. I agree with what Sessler had to say on X-Play, "Sony... just shut up."

bdydrpdmazda
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
It's not looking all that strong. Assassin's Creed is the only game that Sony has really shown us. I'm a Sony boy born and raised but the PS3 is already looking like a flop. I agree with what Sessler had to say on X-Play, "Sony... just shut up."

Even though the launch titles arent looking that good, it doesnt mean that the PS3 will not be a success. Almost every system that hits shelves has a shitty launch lineup. People are still gonna be lining up to get there hands on a PS3 when it comes out November 17.

Polish0017
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh, I realize this, but I'm not taking to be one of them. I'm going the smarter route: Test some games out at my local EB, play Adnaan's PS3, check out a lot of reviews, see if the price'll ever go down (on games and on the console), and see if I can get used to the non-rumble feature.

That's another thing. There's no rumble feature; they replaced the vibrating controller with a tilt sensor. The sensor is a cool idea, even though they stole the idea from Nintendo, the rumble shall be missed.

bdydrpdmazda
07-30-2006, 02:04 AM
the fact that they took out rumble isnt that big of a deal, and who cares where they came up with the tilt feature, if you think back to the rumble feature, somebody had to come up with it first but everybody loved it so who cares who came up with it first, lets just be happy the console wars are bringing new things to the table.

rzaray89
08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
i talked to a guy at eb games the other day and he said that sony is releasing only one million ps3's per month globally...wtf