PDA

View Full Version : What ya think of this

Senko
07-03-2006, 02:56 PM
I think we should add a new forum in the for sale section, a section JUST for rims and tires... that would clean up the garage sale and Parts sale area, as well as give the members a place just for wheels when that may be all they are looking for. It sucks having to sift through Hundreds of sale threads trying to find decent wheels.

ALSo I should be the mod of said forum :)

rules im thinking of, should be standard for sale rules,

pics, location, name contact info,
but require full size and lug pattern for rims,
and full size , tread wear, and Speed rating on tires :)

The Golden Child
07-03-2006, 02:58 PM
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8105/872gl.gif

thats what i think .. got that ?? good ..

GsrTurbo320
07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
^^ LOL WTF..

The Ninja
07-03-2006, 03:05 PM
ok wow....and i doubt u'll be mod especially with so little rep and about 420 posts...

and WHY THE HELL does everybody ask for mod all of a sudden? sorta annoying...could only imagine for the current mods/admins. I think if u ask for mod u should automatically be disqualified. sheesh....

but on another tip...good idea...but if you made just a rims/tires forum might as well break it down into Interior, Exterior, Engine, Suspension (rims/tires would go here), Miscellanious(sp?)

Senko
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Actually thats a cool idea, Though, it would make selling some things harder. Some people never think of what they would buy for a cheap price. I think rims is a broader spec because they arent model specific, so the market is larger, But Interior , engine, etc, are all make specific. If anything it should be split into Make (Honda, Nissan, Toyota, and all others) specific forums

IndianStig
07-03-2006, 04:23 PM
i think its a good idea.

admedlin
07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Thats a really good idea. On the forum I'm from we have sections for wheels/tires, cars, car parts, misc, and WTB. That'll clear everything up and make it all a little more organized

Senko
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
yeash I counted rims on just the first page and had more then 12, before I got tired Of Seeing integra wheels LOL

Rican219
07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
:rly:

Senko
07-03-2006, 08:32 PM
lol but yeah, it would free up a lot of room on the fs forums, and speed up and increase the sellers chances of selling or trading their rims. als will incrase the chances of someone finding the rims they want, or just a set they like for a good price.

GsrTurbo320
07-03-2006, 08:33 PM
/thread

The Ninja
07-03-2006, 08:39 PM
^^^

BigPoppaHurtm
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Sure whatever more organization and shit yO :goodjob:

Senko
07-04-2006, 09:42 AM
so far seems everyone likes the idea, Mods what do you guys think?

chuck
07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
as far as a specific section just for rims, i don't think there are really anymore rims going up than other items...then we'd have a seperate section for body parts, engine parts, interior parts....it's all too much for the given volume now, i think we'd end up with a forum with like 5 or 6 active threads, then it'd just get merged back into the parts for sale forum. i think it's a good idea but i don't think there is much demand to fix anything wrong at this point. i think the current fleamarket setup is working quite well.

the required format may not be bad...minus the contact info posting, that should be left to PM's...but pics are already required

if you're selling rims then it should be said that you'd put up the size and lug pattern for rims...of course you can also just tell universal 5/4 from pictures. same goes for tires, but thread wear could be an issue, i've always like the typical 'coin in the thread' pictures...everyone has a coin that the same saiz they can use to tell tread depth, but just describing it could get kinda hard.

you can sort and organize, but you can also over-sort and over-organize

Senko
07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
well Ive been watching the forum, about 1/3 to half of the new posts are all rim or include rim sales, adding this new section would SERIOUSLY clean up the parts sale area, as rims are not make or gen specific like any other car part.