PDA

View Full Version : Random Video: Police shooting caught on tape v. family wants to sue LOL!

Ruiner
07-03-2006, 09:15 AM
The family wants to sue.

The idiot's father - "I don't care what was on the video, my son did not have to die..."

Idiots... Yes, he DID have to die for his roll in attempted murder. Nobody ever wants to hold someone responsible for their actions. Shame...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baix0Xa9x3o&search=police%20shooting

**Update**

Here's the FULL video of him being shot:

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2006/february/ogrish-dot-com-shotandkilledbyohiotrooper.wmv

If direct linking isn't available, here is the page on Ogrish with the link that works:

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/shot_and_killed_by_ohio_state_trooper_Feb_22_2006. html

civic95
07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
what a joke, I wish I was the judge.

devin
07-03-2006, 09:32 AM
shit, you shoot at a cop you gotta expect to get shot.

Elbow
07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
damn

2.0civic
07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
better than that fucker wasting our tax dollars in jail with free food and healthcare

TIGERJC
07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I feel the cop was right in whatever action he took, because his life was threatned. I could see how some ppl could look at the video, because he had the man down and then just shot him in the head.

SOHC MONSTER
07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
What a joke, I think he got what he deserved. Its a very serious offense to even strike an officer.

civic95
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I feel the cop was right in whatever action he took, because his life was threatned. I could see how some ppl could look at the video, because he had the man down and then just shot him in the head.

Yeah people should put themselves in the situation. I would shoot for the head first, anywhere else and he has the chance to shoot again. End the threat ASAP.

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
I guess you all make good points but the truth is the cop should of had back up. I do know anytime an officer ask a person to get out of the vehicle there are suppose to be 2 marked vehicles at the scene for the officers safety. I just think the officer had more training and could of handled the situation a little differently. I am not saying you all are wrong but put one of your own family members in that boys place and see how much the issue would change. With back up the officer would of not been in danger or atleast not as much. To shoot a 16 year old boy in the head is just wrong. The cop could pull a gun right, so why could he not pull a tazor (however you spell that). The situation is sad because I have been through so much with the legal system because of some family stuff and there is always 2 stories. Yes, I did see the video and the kid did put himself in the situation but the fact remains there were other options for the officer could of taken. Ok, nobody get mad , I am just thinking about how the parents are feeling right now. I am a parent and that would just kill me. If my child did something like that and they got out of it alive with some jail time and stuff that would be good, but she could count on a nice ass kicking when she got home...

TIGERJC
07-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess you all make good points but the truth is the cop should of had back up. I do know anytime an officer ask a person to get out of the vehicle there are suppose to be 2 marked vehicles at the scene for the officers safety. I just think the officer had more training and could of handled the situation a little differently. I am not saying you all are wrong but put one of your own family members in that boys place and see how much the issue would change. With back up the officer would of not been in danger or atleast not as much. To shoot a 16 year old boy in the head is just wrong. The cop could pull a gun right, so why could he not pull a tazor (however you spell that). The situation is sad because I have been through so much with the legal system because of some family stuff and there is always 2 stories. Yes, I did see the video and the kid did put himself in the situation but the fact remains there were other options for the officer could of taken. Ok, nobody get mad , I am just thinking about how the parents are feeling right now. I am a parent and that would just kill me. If my child did something like that and they got out of it alive with some jail time and stuff that would be good, but she could count on a nice ass kicking when she got home...

I agree with all that, everything went wrong in this incident.

1 the cop put himself in a bad situation.

2 the kid did struggle with the cop and then shot at the cop (which allows the cop to take any action)

3 the cop could have tasered the kid or just beat the shit out of him, instead of shooting the kid in the back of the head. ( could have shot the kid in a non lethal area)

it really doesnt matter now, b/c the kid is dead now. I just hope this video could be use to better train cops.

I also want to add this. The cop life was on the line and nobody thinks straight when they are fearing for thier life. the cop is not wrong with me.

soul
07-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I see nothing wrong, if i was pulling a gun on someone, i would shoot for the head too. Escpecially if they already had there gun pulled and trying to shoot my ass. Bitch got what he deserved

Maniaç
07-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Yo thats fucked up man. Feel sorry for the parents, who had to watch their son die like that, and was caught on tape

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes, I agree with you totally. People would think different if it was actually a family member of their own. Everyone has an opinion on something that seems to have been the right thing to do at the time but then if it was them in the situation the story would be different and excuses would be expected to be understood. If people can honestly think the kid deserved to be shot in the head then this world is worse off then I actually thought.
Yo thats fucked up man. Feel sorry for the parents, who had to watch their son die like that, and was caught on tape

devin
07-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, I agree with you totally. People would think different if it was actually a family member of their own. Everyone has an opinion on something that seems to have been the right thing to do at the time but then if it was them in the situation the story would be different and excuses would be expected to be understood. If people can honestly think the kid deserved to be shot in the head then this world is worse off then I actually thought.

i dont know about shooting him in the head but if i was a cop and some fuckin bitch ass coke dealer shot at me i would put about 4 holes in him

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I guess I understand what you are saying but the kid was 16 and had a future even if he was choosing the wrong path in life. I know excuses are like assholes and everyone has one but we do not really know what was going through that kids head. An adult I would be a little more understanding, although still feel it was a little cold. The kid could of had a severe punishment for his actions but instead he is dead. This is now only going to cause more kids to rebel against cops because of one kids stupid choice that cost him his life. Who has not made a stupid or even very illegal choice in their life? I know I have. How many of us on this forum street race? If I am thinking right not only are we risking our own lives but the lives of every other person on the road. Think about it.... Maybe not the same scenario but pretty much the same idea...
I see nothing wrong, if i was pulling a gun on someone, i would shoot for the head too. Escpecially if they already had there gun pulled and trying to shoot my ass. Bitch got what he deserved

SOHC MONSTER
07-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I guess I understand what you are saying but the kid was 16 and had a future even if he was choosing the wrong path in life. I know excuses are like assholes and everyone has one but we do not really know what was going through that kids head. An adult I would be a little more understanding, although still feel it was a little cold. The kid could of had a severe punishment for his actions but instead he is dead. This is now only going to cause more kids to rebel against cops because of one kids stupid choice that cost him his life. Who has not made a stupid or even very illegal choice in their life? I know I have. How many of us on this forum street race? If I am thinking right not only are we risking our own lives but the lives of every other person on the road. Think about it.... Maybe not the same scenario but pretty much the same idea...

I have to agree with that... So so true

soul
07-03-2006, 02:27 PM
He was a coke dealer, fuck him and his future, he just making the country worse, and adding to our decaying society and all its junkies

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I understand your opinion. It is all just a lesson to be learned I guess and pretty much everybody has a choice. He made a bad one and he punished not only himself but his whole family for it. I just hope my family makes better choices then this kid did because this was just a nice dose of the real world live on IA...:goodjob:
He was a coke dealer, fuck him and his future, he just making the country worse, and adding to our decaying society and all its junkies

OZ135
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I think that the cop should have shot him in the legs instead of shooting him in the head...but it would have been better if the cop got shot.

civic95
07-03-2006, 04:39 PM
To shoot a 16 year old boy in the head is just wrong. The cop could pull a gun right, so why could he not pull a tazor (however you spell that).

You do know the kid shot at the cop right? You don't bring a tazor to a gun fight.

civic95
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
IThe kid could of had a severe punishment for his actions but instead he is dead.

OR HE COULD OF KILLED A COP that was just doing his job. If your a drug dealer fine, but when you get arrested take it like a man. You don't kill someone for doing their job, and busting you. He got what was coming to him. Just glad it wasn't the other way around.

soul
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I think that the cop should have shot him in the legs instead of shooting him in the head...but it would have been better if the cop got shot.
Be better if you got shot mother fucker

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 06:40 PM
OMG!!! It was not a gun fight there genius. It was a traffic stop and the fact is he is a cop not a dumb ass kid who thinks it is cool to carry a gun. The more proffesional way was to tazor the boy, not take his life. I thought law inforcement was to save peoples lives and prevent them from hurting themselves. Threatened or not he made a bad choice. He will live with that the rest of his life.....:goodjob:
You do know the kid shot at the cop right? You don't bring a tazor to a gun fight.

soul
07-03-2006, 06:55 PM
OMG!!! It was not a gun fight there genius. It was a traffic stop and the fact is he is a cop not a dumb ass kid who thinks it is cool to carry a gun. The more proffesional way was to tazor the boy, not take his life. I thought law inforcement was to save peoples lives and prevent them from hurting themselves. Threatened or not he made a bad choice. He will live with that the rest of his life.....:goodjob:
Made a bad choice? Aight so what are you gonna do if somone ever pulled a gun on you? Pull your tazor out? Aight, thats cool, ill pull my glock 17, i feel that it would better suite a situation like that. Not all cops carry tazors, escpecially if the county/city finacially cant afford it.

u_like_me
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Aight.. Did I say that right.. Anyways. It was a bad choice period. Everyone has an opinion and that is cool. I just really feel sorry for the family. O an listen, if you ever pulled a glock 17 on me or whatever the fuck you said you would have an 04' Jetta in your ass.. Aight!!:goodjob: Just wanted to clear that up.. We are still friends right... Aight cool...:goodjob:
Made a bad choice? Aight so what are you gonna do if somone ever pulled a gun on you? Pull your tazor out? Aight, thats cool, ill pull my glock 17, i feel that it would better suite a situation like that. Not all cops carry tazors, escpecially if the county/city finacially cant afford it.

mp5o
07-03-2006, 11:12 PM

With the situation on hand, I feel like the "kid" got exactly what was coming to him. He tried to kill the cop.... He failed and the cop was simply protecting his own life. Put yourself in the shoes of the officer and rethink your opinion...

What if it were the officer that was killed? The boy wouldnt just be a punk "kid" with a "future" anymore would he? He'd be a murderer. Which is exactly why I feel he got what was coming to him.

On_Her_Face
07-03-2006, 11:15 PM
this could go either way

Turbo04
07-03-2006, 11:23 PM
It's all nice and good to say that the cop should've, could've done such and such. But none of us or the parents were in the officer's position. His life was in danger and no matter who you are, at that point I'm certain the whole fight or flight reaction took over. There is not one person on this board who would not hesitate to do what it takes to preserve their life given a situation such as this. The officer felt he was in enough danger to react with such force, so be it. It's not as if the kid got out of the car and got shot immediately after. Why should the officer be concerned with someone preserving someone else's life when the other person obviously has no issues with taking the officers? The kid derserved it. End of story. I understand completely that the parents are suffering, and I know it's a horrible thing to go through. But in the end the blame lies upon the kid. Not the officer. Personaly I'd like to see what kind of family is behind the father's statment.....

2.0civic
07-03-2006, 11:36 PM
It's all nice and good to say that the cop should've, could've done such and such. But none of us or the parents were in the officer's position. His life was in danger and no matter who you are, at that point I'm certain the whole fight or flight reaction took over. There is not one person on this board who would not hesitate to do what it takes to preserve their life given a situation such as this. The officer felt he was in enough danger to react with such force, so be it. It's not as if the kid got out of the car and got shot immediately after. Why should the officer be concerned with someone preserving someone else's life when the other person obviously has no issues with taking the officers? The kid derserved it. End of story. I understand completely that the parents are suffering, and I know it's a horrible thing to go through. But in the end the blame lies upon the kid. Not the officer. Personaly I'd like to see what kind of family is behind the father's statment.....

agreed. Hell, he probably got the gun out of his dads stash but i tell you now, if im armed to protect myself and someone shoots at me, they better not miss the first time. people want to make excuses for this kid but as soul said, he shoulda just manned up went to YDC for a bit, got out and that be that. Only situation is then he comes out, and this time hes pissed, has a grudge and doesnt care anymore because some "pig" just put him away. It would seriously be some shit though if the kids gun was one of his family members....

shit kinda reminds me of Columbine in the fact that someones kid gets shot and the PARENTS knew something was up WAY before the shooting and were negligent and now they want to scream lawsuit...at least the race card wasnt played (surprisingly)

u_like_me
07-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I believe I said earlier everyone will have their opinions and that is all this is. However the situation, I think the end result was awful.

mp5o
07-04-2006, 01:39 AM
I believe I said earlier everyone will have their opinions and that is all this is. However the situation, I think the end result was awful.

Awful is an opinion. Attempted murdered is not. There is a consiquence for every action....

b18hb
07-04-2006, 06:48 AM
the first video says the dude was 26, not 16. The officer may not have been carrying a tazor. The idiot kid shot at the officer. The only thing i see that's a little f'd up is that the officer did shoot him in the head, however given the circumstances, he didn't really have too many other options. Sucks for the family i guess, but then again, their son didn't really do much to contribute to the greater good of mankind.

Also, most of my family members don't carry and the ones that do would never pull a gun on an officer. Even so, if that ever happened, i can't see myself trying to sue. You break the law, you suffer the consequences, you pull a gun on an officer, be prepared to get shot, or shot at anyway. Its common sense.

Kevykev
07-04-2006, 09:19 AM
shit, you shoot at a cop you gotta expect to get shot.

that's pretty much it!

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 09:36 AM

He went BEYOND making a stupid choice. The guy (he is 26) also had many grams of cocaine on him as well. He was under the influence of many drugs and anything less than a head-shot would have put the officer's life in jeopardy. The guy STILL had the gun under him, in his hands, when the officer shot him. You can see the officer toss the weapon in the video. Now, a shot to the back, shoulder, leg, arm, etc, would not guarantee that the suspect could not still roll over and shoot the officer. Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

I've seen a video where a drunk guy comes at an officer with a knife. The officer shoots the guy in the stomach with a .45. The guy STILL continues to fight and come at the officer for many minutes until a passerby stops to help.

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM

The guy had a gun when he was on the ground. Would a shot to the leg guarantee that the officer would not be shot? Hell no. Could the man still turn over and shoot him? Yes.

Care to restate what you THINK should have happened?

Ruiner
07-04-2006, 09:41 AM

The guy was a drug dealer and had a gun on him. He shot at the cop. The cop couldn't tazer him as he was ON TOP OF the perp. It would have tazed him as well. The cop could not get off of the perp as the guy STILL had ahold of his gun underneath him. A tazer would not have worked in this situation.

If the cop gets off the guy in order to tazer him, then the guy turns over and shoots the cop. What else could the cop have done besides what he did?

soul
07-04-2006, 09:41 AM
The dude was more than likely COKED up meaning, he wasnt getting arrested was his mind set, and he wasnt going out without a fight, COKE+Adrenaline+Gun = Cop better shoot him in the mother fucking head

u_like_me
07-04-2006, 10:26 PM
I guess you seem to think that your opinion is better then everybody elses so it really does not matter what else I say. I am not trying to be a know it all. I said what I had for an opinion and I am done. Anything I else I say will just be used against me because someone else thinks that they are right and I am wrong. Fine. I am wrong. That is ok. :goodjob:
The guy was a drug dealer and had a gun on him. He shot at the cop. The cop couldn't tazer him as he was ON TOP OF the perp. It would have tazed him as well. The cop could not get off of the perp as the guy STILL had ahold of his gun underneath him. A tazer would not have worked in this situation.

If the cop gets off the guy in order to tazer him, then the guy turns over and shoots the cop. What else could the cop have done besides what he did?

civic95
07-05-2006, 06:44 AM
I guess you seem to think that your opinion is better then everybody elses so it really does not matter what else I say.

The guy was a drug dealer and had a gun on him. He shot at the cop. The cop couldn't tazer him as he was ON TOP OF the perp.

^This is not an opinion, this is a fact. Do you know the difference? I think you need to watch the video again sweetheart.

SNapper
07-05-2006, 02:15 PM
anyone who defends someone shooting at a cop is just being a bitch.

bottom line is if you shoot at a cop they are gunna shoot back. if they gotta shoot you in the head then that's where they gotta shoot you.

the guy was rolling over was about to have another oportunity to shoot again and that's when the cop shot.

u_like_me
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Well sweetheart I could watch the video over and over but I would still say the same thing. Please tell me what the difference is though cause I really want you to think I care....:goodjob:
^This is not an opinion, this is a fact. Do you know the difference? I think you need to watch the video again sweetheart.

u_like_me
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Ok... For one I got your bitch and for two I never said the cop was in the wrong for shooting the guy.. I said he was cold for shooting the guy point blank in the head..If you might take five minutes to read my posts again you might be able to get a better understanding of what I said....BITCH

bottom line is if you shoot at a cop they are gunna shoot back. if they gotta shoot you in the head then that's where they gotta shoot you.

the guy was rolling over was about to have another oportunity to shoot again and that's when the cop shot.

SOHC MONSTER
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM

You might want to choose your words wisely... Seriously :goodjob:

civic95
07-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok... For one I got your bitch and for two I never said the cop was in the wrong for shooting the guy.. I said he was cold for shooting the guy point blank in the head..If you might take five minutes to read my posts again you might be able to get a better understanding of what I said....BITCH

Okay, so if someone was shooting at you, you had a tazer, and a gun. You would use a tazer on them instead of the gun??

Ran
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
shit, you shoot at a cop you gotta expect to get shot.Pretty much sums it up. I like how everyone wanted the cop to taze him. Yeah, I could see the cop "Please stop fighting for a moment so I can go grab my taser."

u_like_me
07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
He had a moment to grab the gun....:goodjob:
Pretty much sums it up. I like how everyone wanted the cop to taze him. Yeah, I could see the cop "Please stop fighting for a moment so I can go grab my taser."

u_like_me
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
I just recently found out the officer had his tazor stolen while on a crack call and got free head from a whore. I am sorry guys.. My bad....:)
He had a moment to grab the gun....:goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
you reap what you sow, plain and simple.

Julio
07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I see a rich family here soon.. :/

Sibious
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
better than that fucker wasting our tax dollars in jail with free food and healthcare
so true

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 08:16 PM
wow hmmm i just dont have anything to say to this ..

rollin_s2k
07-05-2006, 09:36 PM
i hate when stupid ass people try and sue!
i spilt hot coffie on myself when it is steaming, i slipped on the wet floor when there was a sign posted, i cut myself while breaking into someones home, i got bit when there was a beware of dog sign, i got killed when i shot at the police. the family can go to hell for all i care this shit happens all the time

SNapper
07-06-2006, 12:54 AM
You might want to choose your words wisely... Seriously :goodjob:
lol?

don't bring a tazer to a gunfight

SOHC MONSTER
07-06-2006, 08:20 AM
lol?

don't bring a tazer to a gunfight

I won't need either for your punk ass....

Ran
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
i hate when stupid ass people try and sue!
i spilt hot coffie on myself when it is steaming, i slipped on the wet floor when there was a sign posted, i cut myself while breaking into someones home, i got bit when there was a beware of dog sign, i got killed when i shot at the police. the family can go to hell for all i care this shit happens all the timeLast year, some guy was moving a bunch of stacked boxes at Wal-Mart and they toppled over ontop of me. Hurt like a bitch and I was buried for about 5mins while three employees unearthed me. Maybe I should have sued.

SNapper
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I won't need either for your punk ass....
k.

Big Baller
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
The cop didnt put himself in a bad situation, the punk with the gun did. Hes pretty much justified in shooting him if he so much as pulls a gun, at that point his life is in danger.

Fuck that politically correct bullshit, the kid pulled a gun on somebody he deserved what he got.

SNapper
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
The cop didnt put himself in a bad situation, the punk with the gun did. Hes pretty much justified in shooting him if he so much as pulls a gun, at that point his life is in danger.

Fuck that politically correct bullshit, the kid pulled a gun on somebody he deserved what he got.
yeah that's all there is to it