PDA

View Full Version : Misc Website Preview

speedminded
07-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Been telling myself since last november as soon as the custom brake kit goes on i'll get the ball rolling on updating my website and pursuing sponsors, after months and months of waiting for shops to get the parts machined that's finally all done. Sooo, this is what i've come up with so far, now i just need to get the body of each page filled with text, photos, tech articles & how-to's, etc. and convert it all to HTML and probably a little flash & java. blah.

uproot
07-01-2006, 11:20 AM
looks nice and clean... i like it :goodjob:

Mr_Mischif
07-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I might be able to do that for you; I'm somewhat of a web designer myself. If you need any help, give me a PM. But I don't know shit about Java/Flash.

ClipseGST
07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Yea, looks nice so far. ONce you have more done, I can give you more constructive criticism. I do graphic and web design.

Nemesis
07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Looks good dude! Bought time ya got somethin going! I visit your site at least once a week browsin your old pics and hopin for an update lol

speedminded
07-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Looks good dude! Bought time ya got somethin going! I visit your site at least once a week browsin your old pics and hopin for an update lollolol, err yeah. About that "coming soon".... but soon is all relative if you think about it :tongue: I do have all the pics to update it, just takes time and they are all old to me by now. I'll have them archived on the new site and when i get a new camera it'll be on. I need to photochop a link to your page.

aaronfelipe
07-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I like it, it looks good Jason.

speedminded
07-03-2006, 10:06 AM
hrmm...i could animate the start button to trigger a flash or something so the car starts with sound and takes off spinning off the screen. yeah, i'm bored.

4dmin
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
hrmm...i could animate the start button to trigger a flash or something so the car starts with sound and takes off spinning off the screen. yeah, i'm bored.

start button was a good idea, the site looks good i would suggest dull tones for the text on the main page like greys maybe a more custom grey w/ a tint of blue/green then make links according colors.

clean design you know if you need any help w/ anything hit me up :goodjob:

speedminded
07-03-2006, 12:48 PM
start button was a good idea, the site looks good i would suggest dull tones for the text on the main page like greys maybe a more custom grey w/ a tint of blue/green then make links according colors.

clean design you know if you need any help w/ anything hit me up :goodjob:sweeet, may have to if i can't figure it out. Originally had a black background with the white car in a white box but thought it looked cleaner just as all white...

Was making a basic text enter button when something gave me the idea of using a start switch, kinda goofy but it suits the site...copied the best one i found on google images, took the bezel and photochopped it with a radius blur so you can't see the reflection of the guy and camera that took the pic :tongue: Then chopped a second one deleting the red reflection in the bezel, adding a slight shadow on top, and making the text a hair smaller....all making the button look depressed. Overlay those two with an animator and i have the button realistically looking like it's pushing in and popping back out when you click it :D

That's when i had the idea of doing a radius blur on the wheels then i have a moving car...or well, blur the front wheel and it'll be sitting there roasting the tires then slowly bring in the rear wheel while moving the car towards the right, enlarging it at the same time, and moving the shadow a little then i have a short clip almost worthy of a pixar film....i hope minus the room of full of pixar employees to make it work that is :tongue:

As for the links i planned a basic color change mouse over or something similiar...just clean & simple. I can't find my button maker/animator CD though...grrr.

imbosile
07-03-2006, 12:59 PM
i like how everything looks so clean, and simple. nice job

IndianStig
07-04-2006, 01:50 AM
nice site and ride

green91
07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
What are you pursuing sponsors for? auto-x?

speedminded
07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
What are you pursuing sponsors for? auto-x?That's what i have to figure out, what is the goal? Trying to do a few detailed tech articles, how to's, and reviews on products. Auto-x doesn't exactly have the publicity but it's a good start and I have the web traffic. Got a few idea, we'll see.

green91
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I hear ya. Ive got 2 websites im trying to figure out something to do with them. I use green91.com mainly to host my own images and stuff, but i dont use georgiaboost.com for much of anything anymore.

Nemesis
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Let me know man when you are ready and we'll trade links on sites.

Crazy, my server only used around 3-4 gigs in the past few months in the past year or so. Last month alone I jumped up to almost 23gigs of used bandwidth. Im getting a crazy amount of hits compared to what I was using.