PDA

View Full Version : New Sex offender law?

Julio
06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Now they have to live where the STATES say....... Is the biggest waste of time and it will not work.

I think is going to make it worst.

Ran
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Now they have to live where the STATES say....... Is the biggest waste of time and it will not work.

I think is going to make it worst.I don't see what right the state has to tell people where to live. If a person is a previous sex offender and has already served the sentence given to them, then I don't see what right the state has in their personal lives after that. Just my :2cents:

MongolPup
06-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Its like admitting the prison system is flawed (it is). They are saying, in effect, that they are sex offenders even after being in prison. For everyone else though, they say prison "rehabiliates" people and they have served their debt to society.

Complete BS yo!

joecoolfreak
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Its like admitting the prison system is flawed (it is). They are saying, in effect, that they are sex offenders even after being in prison. For everyone else though, they say prison "rehabiliates" people and they have served their debt to society.

Complete BS yo!

So would you support a law that prevented you from driving a car forever because you got a speeding ticket? You have paid your fines etc...but since you are not rehabilitated, you are just going to speed again right?

MongolPup
06-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Did you mean to agree with me?

joecoolfreak
06-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Not sure where you stand yet...hence my question.

Ruiner
06-30-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't see what right the state has to tell people where to live. If a person is a previous sex offender and has already served the sentence given to them, then I don't see what right the state has in their personal lives after that. Just my :2cents:

Wrong. The percentage of true sex offenders that will "offend" again is incredible; something in the neighborhood of 75% (I need to find the exact percentage).

I am not talking about some 17yr old kid that fucked a 15yr old girl. I am talking about grown men pedophiles here...

Ruiner
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM

Complete BS yo!

It has been shown that prison does not rehab sex offenders. Actually, it has been shown that you cannot rehab true sex offenders. This is why they are discussing the death penalty for them on their 2nd or 3rd offense.

Ruiner
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
So would you support a law that prevented you from driving a car forever because you got a speeding ticket? You have paid your fines etc...but since you are not rehabilitated, you are just going to speed again right?

This is a totally different situation. You cannot make the comparison between the two.

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 05:41 PM
i say we burn them all .. sounds good ??

Ruiner
06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
i say we burn them all .. sounds good ??

Let me ask IA.com this (for those who think that this new law is bullshit):

If you are unable to rehab a sex offender, yet they have done their time in jail, would you trust them around your kids? Would you trust your kids to be alone with this guy knowing that the overwhelming percentage of them cannot be cured via rehab?

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
HAIL NO !!!

id go on a killing spree ..

I SAY WE BURN DEM ALL !!!

Ruiner
06-30-2006, 06:15 PM
HAIL NO !!!

id go on a killing spree ..

I SAY WE BURN DEM ALL !!!

Exactly, yet people bitch about the new laws. How about this: For those of you who bitch, they can live in your neighborhood. Your neighborhood can be "former sex offender who has done his/her time" friendly.

joecoolfreak
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
My particular objection is not the intention behind the new law, but rather the way it is being done. I certainly don't condone their actions and I don't disagree with the statistics regarding the recidivism rate. I don't think that criminals of violent or underage sex crimes should ever be let out. I think that the focus ought to be directed towards the prosecution and incarceration of these types of criminals as opposed to where they live when they get out. I just don't think that this is the way to approach the issue, nor do I think that it will have any positive effects. Do you think that the only place these crimes are committed are around their houses? If they have to live in a certain neighborhood, what will stop them from coming to "visit" your neighborhood? I just believe that this is a waste of time and unecessary legislation.

EP3sAreFun
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
people are always going to complain and bitch about rights, but ask one of them to live next to a sex offender and they will say no.

its all fine and dandy as long as they dont have to deal with the problem first-hand.

i agree 100% with ruiner

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 07:36 PM
i say we go on a killing spree .. no ??

hondachick22
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
as a mother i want to know when there is some sex offender around me or my kids. i think they should have to tell use were they live, and i dont think that they should be around bus stops, or pools, or any other place were kids are. i would kill somebody they ever did some shit like that to my kids, or if one just came near them. i say let them burn in hell.

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
would you like to go on a killing spree with me ??

hondachick22
06-30-2006, 11:04 PM
the day one comes near my kids i will.

2.0civic
06-30-2006, 11:09 PM
as a mother i want to know when there is some sex offender around me or my kids. i think they should have to tell use were they live, and i dont think that they should be around bus stops, or pools, or any other place were kids are. i would kill somebody they ever did some shit like that to my kids, or if one just came near them. i say let them burn in hell.

they make their addresses public. there is a sex offender log. i used to live with my buddy for a bit in winder and a child molester moved down the street from us..you better believe EVERYONE there had his ass on lock

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 11:09 PM
well you know you can shoot to kill so i suggest carrying ..

Ran
07-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Wrong. The percentage of true sex offenders that will "offend" again is incredible; something in the neighborhood of 75% (I need to find the exact percentage).

I am not talking about some 17yr old kid that fucked a 15yr old girl. I am talking about grown men pedophiles here...Any convict that gets out of prison usually has a high percentage of committing the same crime again, but this law is still stupid. If prison is supposed to rehabilitate people and they serve their sentence, then I'm all for letting them trying to renew their lives with a fresh start. By isolating them to where the state says they can live is an impractical practice and will fail miserably. I do agree with you that the problem lies in the justice system and the sentences that are given.

Ruiner
07-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Any convict that gets out of prison usually has a high percentage of committing the same crime again, but this law is still stupid. If prison is supposed to rehabilitate people and they serve their sentence, then I'm all for letting them trying to renew their lives with a fresh start. By isolating them to where the state says they can live is an impractical practice and will fail miserably. I do agree with you that the problem lies in the justice system and the sentences that are given.

But you cannot rehab them, especially in prison. However, there is no other solution for what to do with them, either. It's a lose/lose situation.

The Golden Child
07-01-2006, 10:02 AM
its like saying would you rather be shot with a hand gun or a shot gun ..
either way you still dead laying on the floor in your own puddle of blood ..

dont mind me if that didnt make sense i just woke up ..

either way lets still go on a killing spree ..

Miranda
07-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I think this whole thing really depends on whether or not the state is careful to pay attention to demographics. The last thing we need is some big screwup where tons of child molestors wind up near preschools.

In theory, it's a fantastic idea. But I think it would be money and time better spent if they simply made a more proactive method for informing the public where these people live. Honestly, an online registry that requires citizens to actively look up their areas is far too easy on the offenders. I truly feel like the government should broadcast data for each county on the public broadcasting stations. Put it in everyone's face.

The Golden Child
07-01-2006, 11:32 AM
i just say keep them in jail ..
before people start peeling shells ..