PDA

View Full Version : People who like to Save money and earn interest.

Julio
06-30-2006, 03:48 PM
I think HSBCdirect.com is has one of the highest rates in the country for a regular savings account.. Im not sure, Im usually up to date with the rates, buit im behind.
But just thought I shared.
I think CITI is at 5.00 %

""""

Dear JULIO:

Your money is earning even more for you! Effective June 30, your HSBCdirect.com Online Savings Account rate is 5.05% APY*. That's our highest rate ever - and more than 8x the national savings average**. Now is the right time to deposit more money with HSBCdirect.com. Just click here.
""""""

If anyone knows anyone higher, please share =]

blacknightteg
06-30-2006, 04:00 PM
im not sure, but i think ING.COM maybe .NET, is around 5. something as well. Id have to double check with my mom cuz she's going to be setting me up one, but im pretty sure its around there

Julio
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I used to have an ING account and took my $$ out, they are always behind a few points. www.ingdirect.com is paying right now 4.35 % ..

Julio
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
FYI this is just savings not CD's.

IntegraXTR
06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
so this is only a online banking service?

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
i wanna open up a savings account ..
anyone have suggestions ??

IntegraXTR
06-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I already have one but this one is offering 5.05% which isn't bad, only bad side is that its only online.

The Golden Child
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
oh so is it not safe doing online saving ??

blacknightteg
06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
no, it is, i mean most of the sites are anyway. jimmy, even though its online, you still are about to have direct contact with your actual bank savings account so you can transfer money in and out. im still trying to figure out what one i want to open up cuz i really wana go ahead and start putting money away that i wont touch

Julio
06-30-2006, 05:31 PM
I already have one but this one is offering 5.05% which isn't bad, only bad side is that its only online.

http://www.bankrate.com for more info on online accounts etc.

Here is a list of the current leaders

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/mmmf_highratehome.asp?params=US,416&product=33

Kevykev
06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
5 % APY Seem to be the "going" rate- a considerable jump from last quarter.

Julio
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
5 % APY Seem to be the "going" rate- a considerable jump from last quarter.

so much competition is great bro.. which means, better for us... Hopefully it will keep growing and wont go down :goodjob:

kendogg
07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I just checked out my bank account, I'm wiht Washington Mutual, and my savings account only gets .4% APY??? Are any of these banks local to the alpharetta area that have this 5% APY? I haven't seen those kind of numbers since I was a kid.

Julio
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I just checked out my bank account, I'm wiht Washington Mutual, and my savings account only gets .4% APY??? Are any of these banks local to the alpharetta area that have this 5% APY? I haven't seen those kind of numbers since I was a kid.

maybe? Not sure, I've been doing it online only.. But is so easy online, Like HSBC give you a debit card incase you need your oney or something, wich is tempting, but self control is the key. Plus transeferring money is a breeze.

.4 thats a joke bro. :goodjob:

carrascopa
07-03-2006, 05:47 PM
united bank out of gainesville is offering a 6% 6month CD rightnow

Julio
07-03-2006, 05:58 PM

thats pretty good.

Kevykev
07-03-2006, 06:17 PM

what bank is that again??

I didn't catch that the first time?...

iloveboost
07-04-2006, 09:11 AM
With prime being raised, of course interest rates are going to go up. Banks need to get more money in since they won't be making as much money on Mortgages because the rates are so high.

This rate increase is typical with the market. It will come and go.

Chris Mazda
07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Question for anyone who has this account and has wachovia. Does wachovia allow you to transfer money from this HSBC account back to Wachovia for free or is there a fee? I know its a Automatich clearing house so transfers from Wachovia to HSBC are free.

Julio
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I think theres no charge. But, I dont have Wachovia, I know when I switched from ING to HSBC .. I had to transfer my money to suntrust from ING and then to HSBC from Suntrust. No charge. But not sure with wachovia, I think theres no fee.

Chris Mazda
09-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Can anyone who uses this account tell me how it works? On average how long does it take for your funds to appear. Is it easy to handle etc.

Julio
09-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Is kinda easy to setup.. Just give them all your info and bank info from whatever account you plan on withdrawin funds from and wallaa.. It takes about a week though to start using it. They have to send you a Password and user# or name.
And you will also get a debit card etc.
But after all that, it works by itself.. or atleast mines does. I have it setup to automaticlly withdraw funds from my primary account on a weekly basis and not worried about it. And if you want to withdraw money from HSBC just transfer it to your primary account. At 1st, it might seem weird, but after that is all smooth from there.

Julio
09-16-2006, 07:47 PM
btw, I have a feeling they might be going up soon w/ there rates which is good. They are still at 5.05 % which they have been for about 3 month. Alot of companies are catching up. lets hope they go up =]

Z33_kid
09-16-2006, 09:04 PM
sorry to jack thread sorta but why do u have a geist picture Chris mazda ?

Chris Mazda
09-16-2006, 09:44 PM
sorry to jack thread sorta but why do u have a geist picture Chris mazda ?

I was assigned an art project on mr.fangs artwork, i liked it. That is one of the pictures i took for my project.

Chris Mazda
09-16-2006, 09:44 PM
btw, I have a feeling they might be going up soon w/ there rates which is good. They are still at 5.05 % which they have been for about 3 month. Alot of companies are catching up. lets hope they go up =]

cool thanks, do you know how the interest compounds (daily,monthly, semi annually etc?) i liked on their site but could not find that answer

Julio
09-17-2006, 09:54 AM
monthly.

nunyadamnbiz
09-17-2006, 10:47 AM
yeah Julio I used to live in NY and we had HSBC banks.....they are for sure the BEST for savings accounts....your in the right spot for a hell of a good return on your savings....untill someone else competes with that HSBC is the best....job well done now watch it grow...

Nittanys1
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I opened up an account at ING.com a month ago and in the months time I made more intrest on my money then I would have made n 30 years with my other savings account!!!!

osiriskidd
10-17-2006, 08:52 PM
wats the diff between CD and SAVINGS