PDA

View Full Version : Egg owners, come educate me

rupertaker
06-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Well I guess I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon.

Gas is too fucking expensive and my truck is too big to drive every day.

Educate me on eggs.

I want something that gets incredible gas mileage. Preferably a coupe?

What trim model do I want, I don't need VTEC or any of that stupid shit.

What year did they start to look decent? I think the headlights got bigger on the 96', if that's true, thats the body style I want. I don't want an EGG EGG, hatchbacks are ugly.

Finally, someone sell me one. I'm too tired to go look for one and I don't know where they hide.

3kgtdrvr
06-29-2006, 07:18 PM
im probably selling mine :goodjob: and ive never heard of having to try too hard to find a civic so get off ur lazy ass and autotrader that shit lol

The Green Monster
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
and the kind you're looking for is an EK...so you mean EK owners...not EG owners

rupertaker
06-29-2006, 07:25 PM
and the kind you're looking for is an EK...so you mean EK owners...not EG owners

Thank you.
But I meant Egg as in egg, not EG.

Hektik
06-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Thank you.
But I meant Egg as in egg, not EG.

I dont get the egg thing..

but anyways yes the 96 and up to 2000 are the one with the big headlights theyr are a couple on this site i think i saw a midori green one for sale a couple of days ago. or u can just autotrader like 3kgtdrvr said.

speedminded
06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
The term "Egg" came from the EG body code that people think refers to 92-95 civic hatches, EG is the name and it looks like an egg...BUT Hate to rain on everyone's parade and people can argue with me all they want but the only EG's in the US are Del Sol's and 92-95 SEDANS. USDM Hatch's are not EG's, they are EH's.

To further add to the confusion, there are no usdm EK's either. 6th generation civics hatches (96-00) and sedans are EJ's.

Big Baller
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
He just wants to know about a civic, do we have to get all fucking complicated and shit.

speedminded
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Well I guess I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon.

Gas is too fucking expensive and my truck is too big to drive every day.

Educate me on eggs.

I want something that gets incredible gas mileage. Preferably a coupe?

What trim model do I want, I don't need VTEC or any of that stupid shit.

What year did they start to look decent? I think the headlights got bigger on the 96', if that's true, thats the body style I want. I don't want an EGG EGG, hatchbacks are ugly.

Finally, someone sell me one. I'm too tired to go look for one and I don't know where they hide.As for what trim you want it's up to you and and what you're looking for...for gas mileage the '96+ 2 door coupe HX has the VTEC-E (economy) engine.

jdmcrx
07-01-2006, 12:01 PM
ummm ej is the 92-95 coupe smart guy but i personally like the ej and eg hatch over any civic

The Ninja
07-01-2006, 03:04 PM
w00t ej rain dance ftw?!?!?1

BTLFED
07-01-2006, 03:07 PM
ummm ej is the 92-95 coupe smart guy but i personally like the ej and eg hatch over any civic

Who the fuck are you directing that to, douche bag? Speedminded didn't say anything about coupes. Idiot. :slap:

And as far as the second part of your post, then sell your CRX (if you even have one), and buy a 92-95. That's one less fag like you in an ED/EF.

Demsum
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by speedminded
The term "Egg" came from the EG body code that people think refers to 92-95 civic hatches, EG is the name and it looks like an egg...BUT Hate to rain on everyone's parade and people can argue with me all they want but the only EG's in the US are Del Sol's and 92-95 SEDANS. USDM Hatch's are not EG's, they are EH's.

To further add to the confusion, there are no usdm EK's either. 6th generation civics hatches (96-00) and sedans are EJ's.
Would an EH with a JDM B16 be considered an EG then?

speedminded
07-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Would an EH with a JDM B16 be considered an EG then?back to the age old S13/S14 debate...is it RHD and doesn't have a VIN? :tongue: