PDA

View Full Version : 3000GT's

LordMDP
06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Guys
I've been interested in one for a while now-I've actually loved the body stule ever since i saw one when i was in 6th grade-lol

now my question is (for those who know or have one) how do you like yours

i dont have the money to buy a VR4 but wouldn't the DOHC 3.0/5spd scoot pretty good? not sure what the HP rating is

whats the good and bad sabout them

i'm just looking for something to cruise around in(and to work)
and cruis around in the MTN's on the weekends(since i live up here)

LordMDP
06-29-2006, 03:37 PM
EDIT-ok-well before everyone bitches me out about how well the search engine works

i looked up some other threads

so the consensus is its a heavy/slowish/hard to work on/and get parts for car but the chicks love it-ok got it now

3kgtdrvr
06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
...is that a quote from me? lol they are really nice cars and even the N/A ones move pretty good, theyre no drag car but theyre fast enoguh to have fun with and get you a bit scared too, at least i think so. they are all of the above though but if ur willing to put in the effort and money then i say go for it, but if u want something cheap and easy then i say go for a honda like the rest of the world

3kgtdrvr
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=63634&page=3&pp=15

it did pretty well in this thread. in my opinion if u really want the car and are willing to put into it what it needs then u will definately be happy with what u get back out but thats just my :2cents:

LordMDP
06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
...is that a quote from me? lol they are really nice cars and even the N/A ones move pretty good, theyre no drag car but theyre fast enoguh to have fun with and get you a bit scared too, at least i think so. they are all of the above though but if ur willing to put in the effort and money then i say go for it, but if u want something cheap and easy then i say go for a honda like the rest of the world
yeah-it probably was-lol

well I'm just now getting into cars-been into bikes for years and have been racing this last year so i'm used to expensens mods ect

seriosuly-if your used to the motorcycle world-going to the car world is much better in that parts for cars are 10X cheaper then bikes

you can't get a good quality shock for a bike for less then $800 not to mention Fork internals costing $1000 and changing the oil on the race bike every 150 miles (at $7.00 a quart(Mobile 1 mx4t))

so i'm used to doing my own maint. and keepin things up

i guess bike are probably easier to work on though but still...

the DOHC ones are suppsoe to make-what 220HP? thats probably pretty fast for me-even if the car is kinda heavy my durango witha 5.2L(318v8) makes 235HP -it has catback exhaust and cold air intake and i think it pulls pretty good and pulls a trailer ok

3kgtdrvr
06-30-2006, 07:19 PM
for real i was really suprised how much stuff for bikes was when i heard. since u seem to be good with working on stuff then u should be good but its pretty tough to work on but so are 300zx's but theres plenty of them on the board and theyre really expensive and heavy too, but are also rear wheel drive. i mean they are fast enough to have fun with or at least i think so, but they are grand touring cars (thus 3000gt-3000cc grand toruing) so i mean they are really cool cars to jsut cruise around it and take some curves and just chill in...chicks dig them :goodjob:

topsecret2JZ
07-02-2006, 01:07 AM
i love mine

DrIFT240SX
09-06-2006, 04:51 AM
selling mine 95. own it since 98 ... need bigger car or suv cuz i can't put child seat in the back.

btw the v6 3.0L is 222hp.

2micro4u
10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Good luck on your shearch I would recommend save and hold off till you can get the VR4. You can find one still for a decent deal. You may have to go out of state to pick it up but I think it will be worth it.

{X}Echo419
10-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Good luck on your shearch I would recommend save and hold off till you can get the VR4. You can find one still for a decent deal. You may have to go out of state to pick it up but I think it will be worth it.

I agree, but then again I got my VR4 for pratically nothing :goodjob:

www.3si.org

some of the Best looking 3KGT/Stealths are N/A's. so don't knock em'. besides if you do get an N/A I'll sell you me complete stock setup ;) . I know few TT FWD's here in Ga. and that's another thing. the Ga. 3SI group is really tight and someone's always willing to help or has a part you need.
just come out to a meet with us 1 day and you'll know what I mean. G/L :goodjob:

stealthrt
11-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I agree, but then again I got my VR4 for pratically nothing :goodjob:

www.3si.org (http://www.3si.org/)

some of the Best looking 3KGT/Stealths are N/A's. so don't knock em'. besides if you do get an N/A I'll sell you me complete stock setup ;) . I know few TT FWD's here in Ga. and that's another thing. the Ga. 3SI group is really tight and someone's always willing to help or has a part you need.
just come out to a meet with us 1 day and you'll know what I mean. G/L :goodjob:

truth

Don't know what you mean by the best looks 3/s's are NA though.. Either they look the same as the TT minus a few details like the spoiler, or they are the base stealth which has a rubber bumper all the way around it :no:

FWDTT FTW :tongue1:

{X}Echo419
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
truth

Don't know what you mean by the best looks 3/s's are NA though.. Either they look the same as the TT minus a few details like the spoiler, or they are the base stealth which has a rubber bumper all the way around it :no:

FWDTT FTW :tongue1:

I meant that most of the guys that have N/A made them look really good and didn't focus on proformance as much as the TT guys. I wasn't refering to their stock appearance. :cheers:

stealthrt
11-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I meant that most of the guys that have N/A made them look really good and didn't focus on proformance as much as the TT guys. I wasn't refering to their stock appearance. :cheers:

:blah: :blah:

{X}Echo419
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
:blah: :blah:

3-tone FTW! :tongue1: :lmfao:

stealthrt
12-07-2006, 11:06 AM
3-tone FTW! :tongue1: :lmfao:

3-tone is the new 2-tone, didn't you know?

zdonner
12-30-2006, 01:42 PM
3-tone is the new 2-tone, didn't you know?

Ha! Love the sig, I saw your pics with 6-6-4, I'm pretty sure that I did on one of her bulletins. :cheers:

Ontopic: Yeah the 3KGT's are nice, my :2cents: if you want a VR save up and buy a VR, no since in settling. BTW mines for sale! :goodjob:

Majestic
01-13-2007, 12:02 AM
The 3000GT is one of my favorites... I had one for about a year before it was totaled (not my fault, someone pulled out on me). There are a few things to consider on these:

I had problems with the valve guides leaking. Common problem with this engine in the early to mid 90's.

ECU had a bug in it. It would "clip" in and out quickly due to electrolitic capacitor failure on the ecu board. Also an early to mid 90's bug.

Other than that the 5 speed version is fun. Due to the weight, it wasn't very quick off the line but with a cai and exhaust, it will open up nicely from 60-100+mph. The funnest car to pass people with that I have driven.

The VR4's handle so well. I love the all wheel drive/steering they have. I plan on building another one in the future. Hopefully the near future.

Thats my opinion.