PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods egr ?

toyov300
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
hi everyone...i'm new to the forum and i'm on the forum everyday just looking and i like what i seeee. i have a accord w/h22a swap..complte w prelude rotor & caliper .. my question is that my check light engine sometime comes on, the code reads egr. i clean the intake manifold and replace egr. i'm out of option. how can i fix it. also my car won't pass emmisson. can someone help.................

Five*Star*
06-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds like a wiring problem. Let me know if you want me to diagnose it for you.

Michael

JDMBeau
06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
wiring or if the vaccume isnt hooked up it will throw the code to. check the vaccume diagram. the EGR code wotn make your car run in limp mode or anything, it realyl dosnt do crap. people who put skunk2 intake mani. on their cars that are still OBD2 just leave it off and it will throw it, or they just plug it up and let it hang so there wont be a CEL.

toyov300
07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
how would they pass emmission
wiring or if the vaccume isnt hooked up it will throw the code to. check the vaccume diagram. the EGR code wotn make your car run in limp mode or anything, it realyl dosnt do crap. people who put skunk2 intake mani. on their cars that are still OBD2 just leave it off and it will throw it, or they just plug it up and let it hang so there wont be a CEL.

DarKStaR
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
wouldnt running a p28 eliminate the egr? if so the get a p28 with h22 base map or something

green91
07-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Using a vacuum pump, apply vacuum to the EGR valve at idle. If it dies, its working properly.. if it doesnt die then your valve may not be working or the passages are clogged.

If it does die and your car is throwing an EGR code, its likely that the EGR VSV is bad or not hooked up correctly. what year is it?